[comp.sys.m68k.pc] Pinnacle system I got

ianj@sactoh0.UUCP (Ian R. Justman) (02/10/90)

I recently acquired a Pinnacle Model 1A and don't know much about
it.  It came without documenation and with only one diskette, a
floppy disk with "Boot Disk" written on it.  The machine has a 5
1/4" disk drive and a 10 megabyte MiniScribe hard disk.  Is there a
way to put CP/M 68k on it or a similar operating system on it?
Thanks in advance.
--
Home:   Ian Justman   |UUCP:(1) My CP/M machine.       |"One of the few
6612 Whitsett Drive   |     (2) My host.               |die-hard CP/M

aubrey@rpp386.cactus.org (Aubrey McIntosh) (02/11/90)

In article <2524@sactoh0.UUCP> ianj@sactoh0.UUCP (Ian R. Justman) writes:

>I recently acquired a Pinnacle Model 1A and don't know much about
>it.  It came without documenation and with only one diskette, a
>floppy disk with "Boot Disk" written on it.  The machine has a 5
>1/4" disk drive and a 10 megabyte MiniScribe hard disk.  Is there a
>way to put CP/M 68k on it or a similar operating system on it?
>Thanks in advance.
>--

The Pinnacle was manufactured by a former distributer of Sage/Stride micros.
At one time I was a dealer for both companies, and have visited both factories.

I quit carrying Pinnacle when I was alerted to a Sage computer copyright in
their software...

Any software that will boot on the Sage II or Sage IV should boot on the
Pinnacle.  This includes CP/M-68, p-system, PDOS by eyring.

There was a model change to the Stride 400, 600 series, and a concommitant
introduction of AT&T Sys V Unix.  This required the new series hardware
and a memory manager sky board.  I do not believe a un*x was available for
the Pinnacle.

Most of the Sage micros went to software developers who were using the
UCSD p-system on Apple //s in the early 80's.  The Sage gave approximately
60x speed improvement in compilation, e.g. 30 sec vs 30 min.
Contact with the Apple Pascal SIG people from that time frame should
immediately lead you to Sage/Stride/Clone owners.

--
Aubrey McIntosh
comp.os.minix, comp.lang.modula2, soc.culture.celtic

mknox@EMX.UTEXAS.EDU (Margaret H. Knox) (03/09/90)

You could always get a generic copy of CP/M-68K and port it to the
Pinnacle.  The task is pretty simple .. *IF* you have a manual,
schematic, or other documentation on the Pinnacle.

For what it is worth, TriSoft still sells CP/M-68K, both generic
and customized (for some machines).