[comp.sys.mac.digest] INFO-MAC Digest V5 #89

INFO-MAC@SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU (Moderator Dwayne Virnau...) (05/14/87)

INFO-MAC Digest         Thursday, 14 May 1987      Volume 5 : Issue 89

Today's Topics:
                      Fortran possible under MPW???
                           Mac II screen sizes
     System-4.1/Finder-5.5/Font/DA-Mover-3.5 ....patches for ++DAs?
                           Why use System 4.1?
                   Re: System 4.1/Finder 5.5 (V5 #88)
                       Re: System 4.1 - What's new
                        What's in the new System
                         FDAM patch still works
              FileMaker+ does not work with LaserWriter 4.0
                                 UW fix
                        Excel 1.03 and System 4.1
                            MacSmalltalk 0.4
                  Re: Color Quickdraw on Macintosh SE?
                       Archived SuperMac utilities
                   VersaTerm Pro Patch for SE Keyboard
                       Misc things, ref v86,87 &88
                        ref: previous misc notes
                       Mac+ Power Supply Problems
    RE: (Delphi-3.23,MOUSEKETEER) DataFrame Initializer Version 2.51
                          PC-paint to MacPaint
                          Cricket Draw -> Word
                        Delphi Mac Digest V3 #26
                        Delphi Mac Digest V3 #27

Date: 12 May 87 09:28:00 EST
From: <bouldin@ceee-sed.arpa>
Subject: Fortran possible under MPW???

Earlier, Tom Dowdy has suggested that:

   I've seen plenty of
   problems with absoft FORTRAN, esp when poor souls try to do
   Mac programming with it.  What I think we need is a version
   of FORTRAN for MPW so that you can do your calculations in
   FORTRAN, your string manipulation in C, your interface programming
   in Object Pascal, and your vertical retrace tasks in asssembly,
   all linked together by a real linker.

And to this I can only add my hearty endorsement of a REAL Fortran running
under MPW, linkable with all other languages in MPW. Even with McFace to take
some of the load off, Absoft Fortran is difficult to use (at best).

I believe, however, that there IS hope of getting a Fortran under MPW. The C
compiler under MPW is made by Green Hills. It is a little-known fact that
Green Hills also has a _Fortran_ compiler for 68K machines, which they sell
on only an OEM basis, to the best of my knowledge. In fact, I think the
Fortran on Sun Workstations is supplied by Green Hills. This compiler will be
available under A/UX. It seems to me that it is possible that this Fortran
could show up under MPW.

I think that having Fortran under MPW would be GREAT. If anyone knows how to
suggest this to Apple and/or Green Hills, then please do so. Also, I believe
that folks from Apple do get these digests, so please listen to this request.
If Apple is serious about "destop engineering" then Fortran under MPW is a
must.

Does anyone out there have connections to Green Hills, in order to suggest this
to the right people???

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 12 May 87 14:49:30 PDT
From: Marty Cohen <mcohen@nrtc.arpa>
Subject: Mac II screen sizes

1. Can the color board display 512 by 512 (or 640 by 512)
   in addition to the standard 640 by 480?

2. Can the mono board and monitor display more than 640 by 480?

Thanks

Marty Cohen
mcohen@nrtc.northrop.com

------------------------------

Date: Tue 12 May 87 05:23:46-CDT
From: Werner Uhrig  <CMP.WERNER@R20.UTEXAS.EDU>
Subject: System-4.1/Finder-5.5/Font/DA-Mover-3.5 ....patches for
Subject: ++DAs?

I don't recall anyone announcing it (it was hinted at in the latest DELPHI
digest, though) ....

...but Finder-5.5/System-4.1 is being distributed by Apple now.  Whereas
Finder-5.4/System-4.0 was supposed to be used with the SE *ONLY*, this one
supposedly works OK with older Macs, too. (but I have not read any *OFFICIAL*
description to that fact;  nor to what all the differences are between the
releases 5.3, 5.4, 5.5 - or the soon-to-come 6.0)

installing it on my hard disk leaves me with the question:  has anyone
determined what the needed patches are to allow loading more than the basic
limit of 15 DAs using Font/DA-Mover-3.5 ???  NO, I have not yet "toyed"
with the problem ....

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 12 May 87 09:44:07 PDT
From: PUGH%CCC.MFENET@nmfecc.arpa
Subject: Why use System 4.1?

Someone on delphi or usenet asked why they should use System 4.1 on their
Plus.  I can give one simple reason why I am never going back to System 3.2 -

                        Mouse scaling!!!!!!

That 3.2 mouse is like trying to use a dead fish as a cursor.  Ouch!  I
cranked my mouse all the way up and I love it.   I'll never go back.

Jon

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 12 May 87 08:21:36 PST
From: jww@sdcsvax.ucsd.edu (Joel West)
Subject: Re: System 4.1/Finder 5.5 (V5 #88)

> From: Duane.Williams@me.ri.cmu.edu
> Subject: System 4.1/Finder 5.5.  What's new?
>
> I've been using the new System for a few days now.  Except for the
> problems with MacTerminal and UW, the programs I use seem to still work
> alright.  What I want to know is what have Apple's system software
> developers been doing all this time since System 3.2?  The visible
> improvements for us Mac Plus users are few and far between!
>
> I see a cute fat trash can occasionally.  About 5 minutes work, I
> suppose.
> Find File is nice too.  Give them another two weeks,
> with lots of time for coffee breaks.

Maybe if Mr. Williams has a spare two weeks, he would like to develop
a comparably useful program and offer (sell or give) it to the Macintosh
community.  I'd be willing to bet it would take longer than two weeks,
particularly after design, development, testing on all possible machines
and with many applications.

> [ From the moderator: Since
> my cluster does not run AppleShare and has every kind of Mac except (sigh) a
> Mac II, why should I switch to the new system and finder?  3.2/5.3 is stable,
> and later versions offer no increase in functionality.  At least no obvious
> increase.  Am I just missing something?

First, if you have an SE (or II), you MUST use 4.1/5.5, since 4.0 is not
considered stable and earlier systems are not recommended.

This entire argument has been over Finder functionality.  I'd agree that
except for AppleShare, there have been few changes.

The Control Panel was completely redesigned to be modular, allowing additional
functions to be machine-specific and easily added.  Since this is completely
documented in IM Volume V, it would take no more than two weeks :-) to
write an auto-blacking utility that uses the Control Panel to install,
de-install and set the timeout period.

I think few users appreciate the complexity of the LaserWriter driver.  I
suspect the changes offered reflect at least six man-months work, possibly
a year.  The entire interface between QuickDraw, AppleTalk and PostScript
is complex.  For example, PostScript is a programming language with bugs
in the interpreter, and the LaserWriter is a computer that can crash
like any other computer.  Since it is an external computer, someone can
unplug it and re-plug it at any time.  QuickDraw has > 150 calls and PostScript
has at least 250 operators.

User benefit?  How about that bitmaps and other objects now line up with
MacDraw, etc., without the 4% shrinkage problem of the past.

I would guess the main changes are in the System file.   System 4.1 includes
ROM patches to allow a Plus (or 512Ke) to use a number of 1987 traps
developed for the Macintosh II.  These are:
        TextEdit with changeable fonts, text sizes and styles
                MacWrite-style formatting in a simple editor
        Menu Manager with submenus
                Any menu item can have its own pop-up menu
        Script Manager (new)
                allows support of non-European languages, such as
                Hebrew, Arabic, Kanji.  Supported by new TextEditA
        Shutdown Manager (new)
                A clean way to power off the machine
        Printing Manager (trap-based)
                Allows for future enhancements to printing functionality
The first two will be used by developers in new programs (or releases
of existing programs), so System 4.1 will be required in many cases
in about 12 months.  Right now these features are mainly there so
developers can write code that takes advantage of them knowing it will
be avaiable to all but the old-ROM owners.

I don't mean to be an Apple apologist (I'm not), but I think the
user benefits will become more apparent when these new programs come
out.  Also, if you believe the rumors, this is not the last system
software release this year, but may be just an interim maintenance
release.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 12 May 87 16:22:19 pdt
From: apple!tecot@Sun.COM (Ed Tecot)
Subject: Re: System 4.1 - What's new

You forget that System 4.1 is also for the Mac II and Mac SE.  Since System
3.2, many changes have been incorporated:

1) Incremental changes to the Finder, most notably support for remote
        volumes (AppleShare).  This alone is no simple task.
2) Script manager support for international systems.
3) New TextEdit support for ROMs which lack it (Not highly visible until
        the applications using it are available)
4) Several other functions available to applications. (e.g. Hierchical Menus)
5) New Control Panel
6) New packages for Mac II (Color Picker)
7) New printing drivers
8) SCSI HD Setup supports newer hardware in Mac SE, Mac II
9) Find File desk accessory
10) Easy Access
11) New defProcs which understand MacII (color QuickDraw, etc.)
12) Support for newer keyboards (KeyCaps, Calculator)
13) Many other things I don't have time to mention.

In summary, not much is visible to the Macintosh Plus user unless AppleShare
is being used.  As new applications become available which take advantage
of the newer system features, the work done will become more apparent.

Don't be surprised if some newer applications require System 4.1 or later.

emt

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 May 87 19:21:22 PDT
From: John Sullivan <SULLIVAN@SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU>
Subject: What's in the new System

     A fairly humorous message was recently posted wondering what Apple's
System software people had been doing since 3.2;  at first I thought it
was totally a joke, but I guess it's serious, even if funny.  I thought
EVERYBODY knew that the new System was radically different, at least as
different from 3.2 as 3.2 was from 2.1 or whatever that ancient-history
number was.  (I'm no expert, so there may be some inaccuracies in the
following):
   System 4.1 has lots o' goodies which in the SE and II are in ROM, so
that future software taking advantage of these goodies will be backward-
compatible.  For instance:

   Hierarchical menus (menus which pop out of menu items)
   New Improved TextEdit, which supports font/style changes in a
      single TextEdit record
   More support for background processes, including the Notification
      Manager for letting background processes send messages to the user
   The Script Manager, which supports non-Roman character sets (such as
      Kanji and Arabic)

Lots more too, which I can't remember off the bat.  Most of these things
are not visible now because the software which uses them hasn't come out
yet, but they will be.   (Some currently-visible changes which no one
has mentioned include the scrolling menu indicator, and the ability to
make a copy of a file in a folder on the same disk without changing its
name via option-Drag).

I think Apple's System software people have been VERY busy.

John Sullivan
SULLIVAN@SUMEX

------------------------------

Date:   Tue, 12 May 87 14:49:54 PDT
From: PUGH%CCC.MFENET@nmfecc.arpa
Subject: FDAM patch still works

The patch listed in MacUser for changing the Font/DA Mover so that it comes up
with DAs instead of Fonts still works with the 3.5 FDAM that comes with System
4.1.  The patch is to change the two occurances of 6708 3B7C to 6608 3B7C.

Jon

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 12 May 87 08:54:05 PDT
From: chuq@Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach)
Subject: FileMaker+ does not work with LaserWriter 4.0

Folks out there should be aware that FileMaker+ seems to be unhappy with
LaserWriter 4.0 and LaserPrep 4.0.  When I tried to print with it last
night, it got a number of printer errors and then hung up.  The failures
were all in the initialization -- if you initialize the LW by printing a
short job in Word 3.0 (which seems to work fine with LW 4.0, by the way)
then it works fine.

FM+ was also somewhat flakey under LaserWriter 3.3 and LaserPrep 3.3, but
there was a change made in the latest release that seems to have finally
put it over the edge.  It is perfectly functional as long as you don't try
to use the program to initialize your printer, but I find this rather
unnerving.

chuq

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 May 87 00:27 EST
From: <88ICH@WILLIAMS.BITNET>
Subject: UW fix

RE: Broken Programs under System 4.1 and question about fontDA mover

I too would like to get a list of programs that do not work with
system 4.1.  The fix for UW is really easy and was documented in
Usenet Mac Digest April 24 (message follows):

>From: dwb@apple.UUCP (Dave W. Berry)
>Subject: Megamax C, uw and Newer system files
>Date: 22 Apr 87 02:27:08 GMT
>
>It appears that at one point in time Megamax was using the low memory
>BasicGlobs for some sort of storage.  BasicGlobs has now been inherited
>by the operating system and can no longer (actually, never should have
>been) used for this purpose.  I'm told Megamax has fixed the problem and
>has updates available.
>
>This seems to cause all sorts of strangeness and crashes when uw and
>some other things are run on the Universal System file.  In order to fix
>the problem you can attack UW with FEdit and change all references
>(there's two of 'em) to 02B6 to 0A78.  This seems to work with uw and it
>may be worth trying with other things..
>
>        David

>        David W. Berry
>        dwb@well.uucp                   dwb@Delphi
>        dwb@GEnie

I changed mine and it seems to work fine.  I have not tested it too much
since I have not really converted to the system 4.0/.1.  The word is that
the author of UW is working on a new version (I read that on one of the
net Mails too).
By the way, how do I get a copy of sytem 4.1 and what is the latest version
of resedit?

Question on FontDA mover:
  I have a lot of old fonts that do not have FOND resources.  It seems
that the FontDA mover has trouble with them.  Sometimes it will use
a name associated with a font in the current system folder.  This is a
problem because when you then move the font into your system file, it
copies over the old (real) font with that name.  I have tried to create
my own FOND's with resEdit, but I was unsuccesful.
The real inspiration for this question was a 76 page thesis that was on
a hard disk that had its system folder replaced.  When a new system folder
was added and the fonts were reloaded, every equation was in architectual
font (ie. tree -> bathtub or sink).  It looked kind of amusing, but the
owner was not impressed.  How can I prevent this?

Ian Hendry.
Bitnet:  88ICH@Willams

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 May 87 11:06:32 -0400
From: Andy Malis <malis@CC5.BBN.COM>
Subject: Excel 1.03 and System 4.1

I have been bitten by the bug that causes DAs to crash when using
Excel 1.03 under System 4.1 (on a Mac+).  I boot off of an Apple
HD-20.  I understand that the cure is to somehow alter the boot
blocks on the HD-20 to increase the amount of system space
available.  Is there an INIT file or application available in the
archives for doing this?

Thanks,
Andy

------------------------------

Date: 14 May 87 04:13:05 GMT
From: jww@sdcsvax.ucsd.edu (Joel West)
Subject: MacSmalltalk 0.4

Mac Smalltalk 0.4 will be listed in the APDA catalog that ships
next week.  The main difference is that it works on the Mac II,
otherwise it's just a maintenance release of little importance
to Mac Plus owners.

Joel West
{ucbvax,ihnp4}!sdcsvax!jww      (ihnp4!gould9!joel if I ever fix news)
jww@sdcsvax.ucsd.edu    if you must

------------------------------

Date: 12 May 87 11:16:46 PDT (Tuesday)
From: Mackey.osbunorth@Xerox.COM
Subject: Re: Color Quickdraw on Macintosh SE?

I asked an Apple Marketing guy, who knows a lot about the Mac II and SE,
about the differences between the Mac II and SE ROM and was told that
the Color Quickdraw code uses 68020 instructions, so it won't work on an
SE (that's why it's not in the SE ROMs). However, perhaps with a 68020
card in the SE expansion slot and. . .

Kevin

------------------------------

Date: 13-MAY-1987 08:17
From: Hallett@ge-crd.arpa (Jeff)
Subject: Archived SuperMac utilities

Hi all!

   Are the utilities posted to the InfoMac archives for DataFrames only or
can any SCSI harddisk use them?

Jeff

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 12 May 87 13:43:30 PDT
From: Ken_Urquhart%SFU.Mailnet@umix.cc.umich.edu
Subject: VersaTerm Pro Patch for SE Keyboard

Probably the *BEST* all around terminal emulator available for the Mac
is VersaTerm PRO from Lonnie Abelbeck...no question...
  However, version 1.20 (the one most people seem to have around here) did
not work with the new Mac SE keyboard...specifically, the keypad did not
act like a VT100 keypad when VersaTerm PRO was in VT100 emulation
mode...and the arrow keys didn't work either...
  But the problem did yield to a little poking around with MacsBug...

  To patch VersaTerm PRO (version 1.20) for use with the SE keyboard:
  *** Make a copy of VersaTerm PRO and use FEdit or MacTools to
      add the following patches:
       (i) to make the arrow keys work (and enable the keypad
        changes below to work):
           search for the hex string: B67C 000B 661E
                    and change it to: B67C 0003 671E

      (ii) to make the SE keypad act like a VT100 keypad:
          first, search for the hex string: 5C4F 4E5E 4E75

        once found, search the rest of the file for
        the following strings (they will occur one
        after the other):
          search for the hex string: 0C6E 0047 000C
                 and change it to: 0C6A 001B 0000 (fixes "CLEAR" key)
          search for the hex string: 0C6E 0048 000C
                 and change it to: 0C6A 003D 0000 (fixes "=" key)
          search for the hex string: 0C6E 004D 000C
                 and change it to: 0C6A 002F 0000 (fixes "/" key)
          search for the hex string: 0C6E 0042 000C
                 and change it to: 0C6A 002A 0000 (fixes "*" key)

          search for the hex string: 0C6E 004E 000C
                 and change it to: 0C6A 002D 0000 (fixes "-" key)
          search for the hex string: 0C6E 0046 000C
                 and change it to: 0C6A 002B 0000 (fixes "+" key)
          search for the hex string: 0C6E 004C 000C
                 and change it to: 0C6A 0003 0000 (fixes "ENTER" key)
          search for the hex string: 0C6E 004E 000C
                 and change it to: 0C6A 002D 0000 (fixes "-" key)
          search for the hex string: 0C6E 0046 000C
                 and change it to: 0C6A 002B 0000 (fixes "+" key)

*** The patched version will continue to run normally on the
    512K Mac and the Mac Plus...

*** The patches are for the VT100 mode of VersaTerm PRO only!
    I did not look at the DG D200 emulation.

*** This is for Version 1.20 of VersaTerm PRO, I have heard
    that later versions of VersaTerm PRO work properly with the
    new Mac SE keyboard...

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 12 May 87 20:23:26 PDT
From: digiorgi@Jpl-VLSI.ARPA
Subject: Misc things, ref v86,87 &88

Big Screen INIT doesn't seem to work on a Mac SE.

Misc Items: re new sys/finder.
   [my hardware is the usual 128k ROM, 2Meg with HD20]

With Finder 5.5 and System 4.1, AutoBlack will not work with MacsBug via
the old mechanism.  I conjecture that the new system is smart enough to
understand that the 128K ROMs do not need a RAM patch to run the HD20 so it
doesn't load the debugger (named 'Disassembler') as the HD20 init file.
Both seem to work  fine independently, just not together.  Anyone find
anything other than this?

My floppy disk problems have all but gone away since I installed the latest
system/finder combo.  That's worth the upgrade! (where the system would
completely lose the floppy drives, not the HD.  It not happening anymore.)

For those of us with the old old standard Mac keyboard, it is nice to know
that the following hack still works:  (I include it for those who might also
like to try it)

 - - - -
From DELPHI:
6656 20-MAR 03:14 Hardware & Peripherals
     Hyperdrive conference Re: 6638 (Re: Msg 6655)
     From: LOGICHACK    To: RAMARREN (NR)

More random notes:  If you have the new ROMs and are using System 3.0 and
up but have a regular Macintosh keyboard, I have a quick patch to PACK3
(sfGetFile) that will make 'command-backspace' go up a directory level from
sfgetfile.  Simply take FEdit to your System File and replace $0C40 101E
with $0C40 1008.  I find it very useful.  I can't figure out why the guy
that wrote PACK3 didn't put in regular mac keyboard commands for the Mac+
cursor keys...

Have Fun,

Paul Mercer :-)
 - - - -

For the person who was looking for a program to convert text from a
mainframe to MacWrite (nicely word wrapped etc) format, you might try
MakeWrite, which is in the archives (or if you send me a note, I'll mail it
to you).  It typically works pretty well for me, and most anything on the
Mac can understand the MacWrite format for conversion.

Another alternative for the above is the Clipper 1.5 FKEY, which inserts
returns into text on the clipboard for uploading to the mainframe host,
and deReturns text on the clipboard for pasteing into a DA Word Processor
etc.  This is great for terminal and small duty usage, a little
tiresome for big files.

Lastly, does anyone know what the CODE segment generated by the MPW Pascal
compiler/Linker called "%A5Init" is?  I note that in their example, it is
unloaded immediately in the main program, prior to ALL other calls,
initializations, etc,  with the call UnLoadSeg(@_DataInit).  I've never seen
this before and I can't find a reference to it in the documentation anywhere
(* ended up reading the Entire MPW Shell and Pascal reference!!! *).  I'd
really like to know what the _DataInit (?) procedure/reference is and why
the compiler/linker is producing this unknown CODE resource.

enough.

Godfrey DiGiorgi
digiorgi@jpl-vlsi
May 12, 1987

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 May 87 12:22:29 PDT
From: digiorgi@Jpl-VLSI.ARPA
Subject: ref: previous misc notes

after a bit of munging about, I find that autoblack and macsbug actually
do load with the new system and finder; it just doesn't tell you about
it.  (they are named MacsBug and disassembler, respectively.) however, i
find that autoblack sometimes doesn't actually do its thing until you
hit the interrupt to macsbug at least once.  then all is normal.

Godfrey DiGiorgi
digiorgi@jpl-vlsi
may 13, 1987

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 12 May 1987 07:39 PDT
From: PAAAAA7%CALSTATE.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu
Subject: Mac+ Power Supply Problems

We have 20 Mac+ here. So far at least half have experienced power supply
failure. The screen suddenly shrinks from the top and bottom, then vanashes
all together. Each time we send one in the dealer charges us for a
replacement power supply. This is getting expensive!  Is there an easier
way? Please respond directly to me <PAAAAA7@CALSTATE.EDU> and I will
summarize for the net. Thanks!

Rich

------------------------------

Date: Wed 22 Apr 87 12:00:20-CDT
From: Werner Uhrig  <CMP.WERNER@R20.UTEXAS.EDU>
Subject: RE: (Delphi-3.23,MOUSEKETEER) DataFrame Initializer Version
Subject: 2.51

I only know of Version 2.50;  does anyone know if 2.51 means that there
is a known problem or is 2.51 only a customization for the particular setup
Alf was asking about (Human Touch board, Novy gear) ??!!

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 May 87 12:45:12 CST
From: Don Kovach <KOVACHDG@UREGINA1>
Subject: PC-paint to MacPaint

I am looking for a package that will translate PC-Paint files to
the Macpaint format.  If anyone knows of such a package please inform me
as to how to obtain it.

Thank You
Don Kovach

Acknowledge-To: <KOVACHDG@UREGINA1>

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 May 87 16:12:27 PDT
From: PUGH%CCC.MFENET@nmfecc.arpa
Subject: Cricket Draw -> Word

I have some friends who are trying to create a logo in Cricket Draw and copy
it into a Word 3.0 glossary.  Needless to say it isn't working very well since
the logo uses some things that are unrepresentable in Quickdraw, only in
Postscript.  So, I remember someone talking some time ago about using a font
called Postscript Escape or somesuch to place embedded postscript in a text
file (MacWrite or Word).  This sounds like what these guys need.

Could someone please fill me in on the essentials?  Has anyone actually done
this sort of thing?

Jon

 N         L                          pugh@nmfecc.arpa
  M    A    L          National Magnetic Fusion Energy Computer Center
   F    T    N             Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
    E         L                       PO Box 5509 L-561
     C                           Livermore, California 94550
      C                                (415) 423-4239

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 12 May 87 08:55 EDT
From: Jeffrey Shulman <SHULMAN%slb-test.csnet@RELAY.CS.NET>
Subject: Delphi Mac Digest V3 #26

Delphi Mac Digest     Tuesday, May 12, 1987          Volume 3 : Issue 26

Today's Topics:
     HP's brain lives!
     Excel/MockTerminal/Mac SE
     RE: Networked Applications
     SuperSpool 3.2 vs. SE
     Laser Prep 4.0 (2 messages)
     RE: TMON & System 4.1
     Tangent Tech. Keybd. (3 messages)
     Tangent Tech. keyboard
     Patch For Font/DAM 3.5? (2 messages)
     Excel 1.03 vs. DAs (3 messages)
     RSG3 vs Word3 (4 messages)
     Smartcom 2.2B vs. SE keyboard
     Keyboard map
     QD bug (2 messages)
     RE: Font Scaling
     Resetting PRAM in System 4.1 (2 messages)
     Laser Prep 4.0 (3 messages)

[
archchived as [SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>DELPHIV3-26.ARC

DoD
]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 12 May 87 08:56 EDT
From: Jeffrey Shulman <SHULMAN%sdr.slb.com@RELAY.CS.NET>
Subject: Delphi Mac Digest V3 #27

Delphi Mac Digest     Tuesday, May 12, 1987          Volume 3 : Issue 27

Today's Topics:
     RE: About Lap Mac (2 messages)
     RE: Detecting Quits.
     RE: VBL tasks, offscreen bitmaps, Lights (2 messages)
     RE: Re: VBL tasks, offscreen bitmaps, Li
     Re: Re: Detecting Quits.
     Re: Re: Change in "_Launch" interface...
     Re: Compatibility guidelines
     Finder feature
     FONTS RESEDIT AND FONTDAMOVER
     ScrapSaver problem with Juggler
     RE: System 4.1/Finder 5.5 Compatibility (3 messages)
     fun bugs
     Sound digitizers...
     SE PRAM (2 messages)
     LaserWriter "Faster Bitmap Printing"
     Laser Prep 4.0 patch/Miniwriter
     rubber SE screens (2 messages)
     SE mouse
     RE: DataFrame 40 problems

[
archived as [SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>DELPHIV3-21.ARC

DoD
]

End of INFO-MAC Digest