[comp.sys.mac.digest] INFO-MAC Digest V5 #95

INFO-MAC@SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU (Moderator Dwayne Virnau...) (05/26/87)

INFO-MAC Digest          Tuesday, 26 May 1987      Volume 5 : Issue 95

Today's Topics:
                 Re: fooling MacWrite for LW formatting
                            Re: Mac to Apollo
                    Bottom line on multisync monitors
                         Sony Multiscan + Mac II
            How to save some $$ for MacII enhanced graphics.
                               Excel 1.04
                    3M copy products for LaserWriter
                 Re: Laserwriter transparencies (V5 #91)
             Refilled Toner Cartridges may damage printer!?
                          Mac and Architecture
                   Surveying/plotting software for MAC
                     WYSIWYG for scientific writing?
                           SCSI Help wanted!!!
                       3278/79 emulation and APL2
            communications gurus! file transfer to VAX sought
                            want Epson driver
                          MIDI Interface Info?
                             MIDI on the Mac
            ImageWriter 1 and Appletalk, and file servers...
                            Mac & typewriters
                       Macworld convention update
                    PageMaker and ReadySetGo compared
                        Delphi Mac Digest V3 #28

Date: Thu, 21 May 87 01:18 CST
From: <MBORSETT%NUACC.BITNET@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: Re: fooling MacWrite for LW formatting

> How can I fool MacWrite into formatting the document for the LW+ even
> though I don't have one hooked up?

Just select "tall adjusted" on the Page Setup window and you'll have a WYSIWYG
on both the screen and the ImageWriter!

[Flame ON]
I tried Word 3.00 and what I noticed immediately is that those &#$@#
programmers at MS made their own ImageWriter window (so much for upward
compatibility--this makes me SOO mad: it's such a break of the Mac interface),
and it lacks a "tall adjusted" feature.  To all those journalists out there:
haven't you noticed the non-standard printing dialog?  Do we Mac users want a
different printing dialog for each application, or should we voice our
concerns?

I hope for them that their new release will fix a major bug--the non-use of the
standard printer driver windows etc.
[Flame OFF]

Mike Borsetti

Bitnet:   mborsetti@nuacc.bitnet
MCI Mail: mborsetti
Telex:    6502526746 MCI UW
FidoNet:  115/729  (312-729-8768, member EchoMAC)

[
it is possible to use the chooser to select <laserwriter> as output even
without one connected.  The LW drivers must be installed in the system,
however.

DoD
]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 May 87 11:20 EDT
From: Marks@RADC-MULTICS.ARPA
Subject: Re: Mac to Apollo

>Date: 12 May 87 21:16:00 GMT

>If anyone knows something about the current products or contact
>person
>for the software/hardware of the links between the Mac (SE or II or
>maybe Plus) and the Apollos, please send me a e-mail. Thanks in
>advance.

>Bill Wang
>Speech & Hearing Center
>Indiana University

>UUCP  = {ihnp4,seismo,cbosgd}!iuvax!wcwang
>indiana
>iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
>Phone = (812) 335-0714

  Bill,

  How about a product called MacApollo???  An early release version of this
product is available now from:

R. L. Phillips
Center for Information Technology Integration
2001 Commonwealth Boulevard
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
313-995-0900

We here at the Rome Air Development Center (A US Air Force laboratory) have
a copy of the product, but have not yet made much use of it.  It connects
the Mac to an Apollo via the Mac's and Apollo's respective serial ports, at
a recommended rate of 19.2KBPS.  Its supposed to support GPR graphics, and
DOES NOT support GMR or GMR3D graphics (yet).  Multiple mouse button clicks
are emulated by using the Option and Command keys with the click.  Up to
Ten windows can be openned simultaneously, graphics or text.  Also,
metafiles (Apollo graphics?) can be converted to MacDraw format.

I have heard that a newer version is to be released when the guy in charge
of the MacApollo project at Ann Arbor gets back from some extended time
off.  It is is supposed to support the GMR and GMR3D graphics, and
communicate to the Apollos through an AppleTalk/EtherNet gateway, yielding
much greater throughput than the 19.2KBPS connection.

Lt David L. Marks
Marks@RADC-MULTICS.ARPA

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 May 87 13:01:43 EDT
From: Dan Magorian <magorian@umd5.UMD.EDU>
Subject: Bottom line on multisync monitors

There has been some confusion on the net re using multisync monitors on MacIIs.
It's really far too simple a thing to be worth discussing.  The bottom line is
this:

   Any analog monitor that can sync at 35KHz can be used.
   Red, green, blue, and ground need to be connected.
  Since green has composite sync, the external sync line is optional.
  (Believe me, I've used it both ways and it makes no difference)
   The quality of NEC and other autosync monitors in analog mode is
  inferior to the high-quality Sony monitors sld by Apple.  They pincushion
  (bend in the middle) and are much fuzzier.
   The cable impedence issue is trivial.  Slight improvements result if a cable
  of the correct impedence is used (!slightly! crisper pixels). I cannot cross
  reference the Japanese one sent by Apple, and don't have the equipment to
  measure it.
   Therefore, use a multisync only if you have one, or need to use it on
  different systems (eg, it will work on the new IBMs as well).  Apple's
  monitors are of vey high quality at a good price, and I recommend them.  If
  you have the money, I recommend the Supermac Spectrum ($3500).  It's the 19"
  1024 x 768 that is a pleasure to use for graphics (I only had it on loan).
  It's a little too big for text work, and the 60hz flicker is visible. (Apple
  changed their card to 66hz to avoid that).

Dan Magorian                                            (301) 454-6030
Computer Science Center                                 magorian@umd5.umd.edu
University of Maryland                                  magorian@umdd.bitnet
College Park, MD 20742                                  Applelink: A0190

------------------------------

Date: 22 May 87 02:07:44 GMT
From: jww@sdcsvax.ucsd.edu (Joel West)
Subject: Sony Multiscan + Mac II

The Sony Multiscan, like the NEC Multisync, is a monitor designed
for compatibility with several IBM standards.  It handles PGA (which
never caught on) and VGA (the new IBM PS/2 output).

It also works very nicely with the Mac II.  I'm told, side-by-side,
it looks identical to the Apple monitor except for the case.  (Apple
has acknowledged using a Sony tube; other differences are unclear.)

Best of all, it is available NOW.  A company that has three for
their Mac II's bought one from
     MHI Warehouse
     5021 N. 20th Std #10261
     Phoenix, AX  85064
     (602) 995-1134
They quoted $569, immediate shipment, plus UPS ground freight ($13.50
to San Diego).  2% for credit cards, otherwise money orders.

I also heard that only the late-model NEC's can handle the Mac's scan
rate; the earlier ones fry.

 Joel West
 {ucbvax,ihnp4}!sdcsvax!jww      (ihnp4!gould9!joel if I ever fix news)
 jww@sdcsvax.ucsd.edu    if you must

------------------------------

Date: Fri 22 May 87 11:48:36-PDT
From: Philip M. Pitner <PITNER@Sierra.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: How to save some $$ for MacII enhanced graphics.

Want to save some money in going from 16 to 256 colors on the MacII?
Buy eight NEC 41264C (150ns) Rams from your local IC supply house at about
8 dollars each for a total cost of 64$ and plug them into the sockets on
the MacII video card (in proper direction of course).  Apple charges $129
for the same expansion kit.

But note that the difference in screen write times for 16 colors vs 256 colors
is quite dramatic.  So if you're interested in doing animation I'm not sure
256 colors is well implemented on the MacII.  Programs like RedRyder scroll
very slowly when using 256 colors.  I'm not completely sure why there's such
a dramatic difference.  (this is in smooth scroll mode on Red Ryder)

Phil

Disclaimer:  My opinions only.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 May 87 08:53:10 PDT
From: PUGH%CCC.MFENET@nmfecc.arpa
Subject: Excel 1.04

Microsoft has announced Excel 1.04, which has some minor bugs fixes and a
Change Links command.  If you read this in the Delphi digest, please remain
calm.  If you try calling the number MACINTOUCH listed, you will end up
playing perpetual phone tag only to learn that they will be shipping the free
upgrade sometime next week to all registered owners who upgraded to the 1.03
version through Microsoft.  If you got 1.03 some other way you are probably
out of luck, I don't know.

It took me three calls to Microsoft to figure this out.  I think all
organizations need to do what ours does.  We sit everyone down every morning
and have a bitch and tell all session.  Most everyone knows more than they
care to about what is going on.  Plus we avoid the creaping isolationism that
plagues many groups.

Jon

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 87 10:01:30 edt
From: magill@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Operations Manager)
Subject: 3M copy products for LaserWriter

The LaserWriter used to ship with a promotional "kit" from Apple and 3M.
"Open me first and learn about making transparencies with your new LaserWriter"

That kit included 5 samples of 3M type 154 laser transparency file.

(At least the ones we got from the consortium years ago did.
 Some of us are just pack rats and never throw anyting away.)

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 87 04:34:55 PDT
From: halff@nprdc.arpa (Henry Halff)
Subject: Re: Laserwriter transparencies (V5 #91)

One type of paper NOT to use is that from Scotch #544 Transparent Note Pad.
The transparency paper in this pad is great since any kind of pen will
write on it.  But in a Laserwriter it's a disaster
         since
               it ME
                    LTS
                        in con
                                ct wit
                                         he

                                            rollers.

hh

------------------------------

Date: 22 MAY 87 15:53-PDT
From: BOLSON%UWALOCKE.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu
Subject: Refilled Toner Cartridges may damage printer!?

I just read a note in Hewlett-Packard's "LaserJet Journal" blaming failures
of the HP LaserJet, poor print quality, and rapid wear of the paper path on
refilled toner cartridges.  HP says that these problems are caused by
"misuse when they occur while using a refilled cartridge.  Therefore if
printer damage is caused by the refilled toner cartridge, HP will not cover
printer service or damaged parts under your warranty."

I want to know if:
1) After all of the raves about refilled cartridges on the net, whether
some bad experiences have also been had, and
2) What Apple says about using refilled cartridges.

We have just bought a LaserWriter with new Apple logo cartridges.  I have
already noticed a poorer print quality than I had with other LaserWriters
using refilled and/or early cartridges.  I have read of complaints that
recent "new" cartridges do not seem to be as dark as previous ones.
So I am seriously considering refilled toner cartridges, but this warning
from HP sounds serious.  I certainly do not wish to damage the printer.

(BTW, one of our new Apple EP cartridges refused to seat properly in the
printer.  It was of course the first one we tried.  Other ones fit with no
trouble.  Have others seen this?)

Ed Bolson
BOLSON@UWALOCKE.BITNET
Cardiovascular Research, University of Washington.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 May 87  11:31:46 CDT
From: RI813MU@cdccentr
Subject: Mac and Architecture

I am trying to gather information about the use of Macintosh in
Architecture Schools and Firms.  I would appreciate hearing the names
of any such organizations who have found the path to goodness and light.

Thanks.

ITSIK REICHMAN, CONTROL DATA (ISRAEL) PHONE 011-972-342-230922-May-87 05:30:03-PDT,880;000000000001

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 87 07:38 EDT
From: <GEOFFRIL%UNION.BITNET@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: Surveying/plotting software for MAC

We have an Archeology faculty member who wishes to user a Mac for surveying
the dig sites.

Ideally, she could enter information about distances, coordinates, and such
from her transit and cables.  The Mac could then turn it into reasonable
survey maps either automatically or with human fine-tuning.

Conventional draw programs like MacDraw and CricketDraw don't seem very
appropriate since they are not organized for that type of measurement.

Have any of you had experience with programs for this application?  Which
ones would you recommend?

Leo Geoffrion,
  GEOFFRIL@UNION.BITNET
  (518) 584-5000, EXT 2628

SKIDMORE COLLEGE COMPUTER CENTER
Saratoga Springs, NY   12866

(Skidmore will soon be joining BITNET.)

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 25 May 87 14:11:06 PDT
From: stadler@csvax.caltech.edu (Andrew D. Stadler)
Subject: WYSIWYG for scientific writing?

I've been asked to recommend a word processor for someone who's about to
write a physics text.  This means equations, equations, and more equations.
Is there ANYTHING out there with WYSIWYG?  All I can think of is TeX which
uses awful commands which he doesn't want to learn.  Even if you're using
two different programs at once, or just someone's neat font, I'd like to
hear about it.

Send replies directly to me; I'll post a summary if it seems interesting.
Thanks in advance!!!!

Andy Stadler  (Occidental College)  stadler@cit-vax or csvax.caltech.edu

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 May 87 09:10:46 SST
From: Kenneth Seah <ISCSEAHK%NUSVM.BITNET@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: SCSI Help wanted!!!

To all in Netland,
  I have just gotten a 3.5" bare 20MB SCSI drive (Miniscribe) and would
like to interface it with the Mac Plus or SE.  No power supply, cables
or terminators came with it - really bare drive - but would be able
to source for these.
  What I would like to ask are the following:

1.  On the hardware side - how do I configure the drive device number?
    Would I have to do some hardware mod to it?

2.  Software-wise, what sort of formatting and drivers would I need?
    Can I use Apple's HD20SC drive initialiser?  What would I have
    to do to the boot blocks?

  Basically, if any of you have hooked up a SCSI drive to the Mac
on your own, I would like to hear from you.

  Thanks in advance...

Kenneth Seah <<at DISCS>>
National University of Singapore

BitNet - ISCSEAHK@NUSVM
UUCP   - ..sun!elxsi!tataelxsi!nus-cs!kseah

PS I think the drive is the same one as inside the Mac SE.
   Anyone care to comment??

------------------------------

Date: 22 May 1987, 15:58:29 WUT
From: BULLETIN at AWIWUW11
Subject: 3278/79 emulation and APL2

Does anybody out there know about a 3278/79 emulation
running on a Mac II (or other Mac variants) which is able
to support the APL (=extended) character set? We want to use
a Mac as a terminal connected to an IBM-mainframe
running APL2.

Has anybody experiences? ...suggestions? ....hints?

Any information is welcome.

 Wolfgang & Gustaf
 University of Economics,
 Vienna, Austria

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 19 May 87 21:06:56 +0300
From: Tamir Weiner <UMFORTH@WEIZMANN>
Subject: communications gurus! file transfer to VAX sought

After successfully getting assistance in creating an incantation to
take postscript files (Mac generated) through a network to a Laserwriter
sitting on a Sun network, I still have a bottleneck problem.

Can someone versed in Kermit, or general VAX transfers tell me a simple
way to tranfer a Mac text file (i.e. postscript) to a VMS VAX (not UNIX)
in readable fashion.

I tried Kermit, but that only works on plain vanilla text files.
Complex graphics and custom fonts cause bitmaps to be placed in the
Postscript source files.  Such bitmaps have no carriage returns and
Kermit coughs up and says that record buffer length is exceeded.
I guess Kermit makes some assumptions on record length, and I have
no idea how to get around this.
The Mac by the way recognizes the bitmaps as a series of lines somehow
(without carriage returns?... kinda like magic)

I tried setting kermit for binary file transfer and that works successfully,
BUT the file ends up in an unuseable format since it's binary instead of ASCII
can't send that to the printer!  Perhaps someone knows of an unscramble
technique for getting binary transfered files back to their original ASCII
format (again a technique that works under VMS, even though the ultimate
target network is UNIX (SUN).

Finally what I tried which did work is using the VMS "create file" command
to begin a file, then MacTerminal to send the file as text and the
create command just reads the lines sent one at a time.   The problem is
that no matter what the speed setting, the effective baud rate is about
100, so that translates to something like 3 minutes a page!   This isn't
effective for 50 page and up files!

Any advice?  Words of wisdom or aspirin gratefully accepted.
Please send directly to me if possible, as I
don't always get to read the digest.   Thanks.

Tamir Weiner
UMFORTH@WEIZMANN.BITNET

------------------------------

Date: 22 May 87 07:29:00 EST
From: mccowan%nrl.decnet@nrl.arpa
Subject: want Epson driver

Are there any Mac drivers for the Epson FX85 or FX86 printers?  We have
a lot of Epsons around here, and it would be nice to be able to use
them with a real computer.

Bob McCowan
mccowan@nrl.arpa

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 19 May 87 13:45:26 PDT
From: PUGH%CCC.MFENET@nmfecc.arpa
Subject: MIDI Interface Info?

Could someone please send me some information about a mysterious MIDI
interface that is alluded to by the MIDI demos on Sumex.  A friend has a MIDI
keyboard tat he wants to hook up to his Macintosh.  I pulled some of the MIDI
demos from Sumex, but they require this interface that everyone assumes you
have and know about.

Could someone please point me toward some information about this beast?

Jon

 N         L                          pugh@nmfecc.arpa
  M    A    L          National Magnetic Fusion Energy Computer Center
   F    T    N             Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
    E         L                       PO Box 5509 L-561
     C                           Livermore, California 94550
      C                                (415) 423-4239

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 May 87 18:11 CDT
From: MKonar@HI-MULTICS.ARPA
Subject: MIDI on the Mac

Has anyone out there had any luck using the MIDI driver routines from the
October '85 (I think) MacTutor?  My problem is that after a number of MIDI
messages are sent to the Mac, the mouse freezes completely (sometimes)
or in the vertical direction only (usually).  When a byte is received by
the SCC chip an interrupt handler is called.  As far as I can tell (by
examining the code) the interrupt handler is properly disabling and reenabling
further interrupts from the SCC.  I am using the routines from Lightspeed
Pascal.

Thanks in advance,  Murat N. Konar (612) 782-7466 days
HI-MULTICS.ARPA

------------------------------

Date: 20 May 87 15:28:00 EDT
From: Marc Grondin <WCSCKCU@CARLETON.BITNET>
Subject: ImageWriter 1 and Appletalk, and file servers...

Good Day again...
  Now that the HyperDrive, Mac SE (2 of em) and the imagewriter 1
are all sitting in this room, we have decided to join em all up.
What we want is the second Mac to be able to use the HyperDrive
files and the ImageWriter.  What I want to know is what file
servers exist that will use AppleTalk and the printer from the
HyperDrive.

The real trouble : The printer, from what I have been told, can't
be used on appletalk.  What I want to know is if there is any
"box" that can sit between the printer and the appletalk connectors
to fool appletalk into thinking that the printer is really an
appletalk one.  (Might be something like the Laser Spooler).

If their is no such box, can one of the file servers print thru the
printer port to our regular printer?

All this, and yes, I want both machines useable at the same time,
no dedication please...

Well, thanks for the help all you persons...

Marc Grondin (8->) <Marc_Grondin@CARLETON.BITNET>, <CKCU@CARLETON.BITNET>

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 May 87 10:24:04 PDT
From: calius@stanford.edu (Emilio Calius)
Subject: Mac & typewriters

   A person in my household has decided to buy an electronic typewriter.
Since I've heard that some models can be hooked up to computers to act as
(very slow) letter-quality printers, I thought I could sometimes use it to
supplement my old Imagewriter I.

   Does anybody on the net have experience with such a setup?
   I would appreciate any information, such as which typewriter model to buy,
what driver software is available for the Mac, how to interface and set it up.
   I have seen ads for the Silver Reed EX-34 (parallel interface). Is it
any good? Is there a serial interface?.
   Is it my imagination or did someone offer a package (typewriter+driver
+cables+etc.) for the Mac?

   Thank you for your help.

   Emilio P. Calius
   Structures & Composites Lab
   Aeronautics & Astronautics
   Stanford University

------------------------------

From: jww@sdcsvax.ucsd.edu (Joel West)
Subject: Macworld convention update
Date: 22 May 87 18:32:24 GMT

Some quick convention gossip after speaking to the exhibit coordinator at
Mitch Hall.

Macworld Boston is August 11-13, Tues-Thursday.  Exhibit space is full and
they have a waiting list.  The Bayside was ok last year, barely big enough
this year, but is the biggest facility in the area.

San Francisco is January 14-16, 1987, Thursday-Saturday.  They have the
whole Moscone Center; in 1986 they only had 2/3rds.

He also said he expected most of the Mac II stuff to be in San Francisco,
not Boston.

Date: Mon, 18 May 87 16:02 EDT
From: BOGARTZ%UMASS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu
Subject: PageMaker and ReadySetGo compared

PageMaker 2.0 arrived a few days ago.  I've been using ReadySetGo 3 for a
month now, and it's time to compare them.  All references to RSG below mean
RSG 3.0, and all references to PageMaker mean PageMaker 2.0.

REASONS TO PREFER RSG:
 It handles threaded text (stories that are linked across multiple text
blocks) better.  In RSG, you link blocks by clicking on them in the order
that they should flow.  If you want to change it, all you have to do is
relink the blocks from the beginning.  In PageMaker, the text comes in
linked, and if the link is broken you have to delete the whole story and
start over.  This could be bad if you've made on-screen changes.
 It handles flowing text around graphics better.  RSG will automatically
flow text around the rectangle that encloses a graphic.  PageMaker forces
you to break your story up into separate blocks, then resize each block
appropriately.  (Neither will flow text along the region that encloses a
graphic, however.)

REASONS TO PREFER PAGEMAKER:
 The documentation is MUCH better.
 It has full Undo--all actions down to the tiniest movement.  RSG can only
undo deletions.
 It handles white-type better than RSG.  In PageMaker, white type is a type
style just like underline, bold, etc.  In RSG, you have to set the type to
outline, then place it in front of a gray or black filled object.  You also
have to kern it to make it look better.
 It can both import and export Word 3.0 documents.  In addition, Word
enhancements that PageMaker can't use still get preserved in the export.
It can also read WriteNow and Microsoft Works formats. The PageMaker manual
has a detailed description of exactly which formatting characteristics
convert and which do not. RSG can only handle Word 1.0x format at present.
 It handles placing graphics next to each other better.  Graphics in
Pagemaker can get close to each other without the background of one erasing
part of the other.  In RSG, the background of a graphic cannot be made
transparent, so it can end up erasing part of a nearby graphic.
 It has a kerning pair dictionary, so that certain pairs are automatically
kerned.  In RSG you have to manually kern pairs of letters, or select a
block of text and choose Kern (although this doesn't actually seem to do
anything).

DIFFERENCES THAT AREN'T CLEAR ADVANTAGES TO EITHER APPLICATION:
 In RSG you can designate a text block as PostScript.  It doesn't matter
where you place this block on the page--RSG does not try to interpret it,
only passes it along to the printer.  In PageMaker, you have to write an
EPS-format PostScript program (or import it from an application that
creates EPS-format code, such as Adobe Illustrator).  This means you have
to add some comments such as Creator, Title, BoundingBox, etc., but then
you can place the block on the screen and you will have some idea of where
it will actually appear on the printed page.
 RSG has algorithmic hyphenation and a spelling dictionary.  PageMaker has
dictionary-based hyphenation, which may be better, but no spelling
dictionary.
 To scale a graphic in RSG, you have to specify a vertical and horizontal
percentage in a "Specifications" dialog box.  This means you know exactly
how much it's scaled, but it's doesn't give good visual feedback.  The
cropping box which surrounds the graphic, however, can be resized with
handles. In PageMaker you drag handles of the graphic to scale it.  This
adds up to: it's easier to crop in RSG, but easier to scale in PageMaker.

 As you can see, I have listed only two reasons to prefer RSG, but they are
two very important reasons.  I feel that they have given the new PageMaker
a ton of bells and whistles, but haven't addressed two of its major
weaknesses.  (They did up the number of pages in a file from 16 to 128,
however.)  Admittedly, most shops use PageMaker and don't really have the
choice of changing, and this makes sense especially given PageMaker's bells
and whistles with regard to compatibility with the IBM version, PostScript
EPS format, new scanners, etc.  I myself am going to continue to use RSG
combined with SuperPaint.

David Bogartz/Hampshire College

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 19 May 87 08:47 EDT
From: Jeffrey Shulman <SHULMAN%sdr.slb.com@RELAY.CS.NET>
Subject: Delphi Mac Digest V3 #28

Delphi Mac Digest     Tuesday, May 19, 1987          Volume 3 : Issue 28

Today's Topics:
     RE: Laser Prep 4.0 patch/Miniwriter
     re: 3 Questions & 1 Flame
     LISA Help (3 messages)
     Shadowgate
     more stack (2 messages)
     IW spool files (2 messages)
     Downloadable fonts, Altsys (4 messages)
     Tiler bug for 4.1 users (3 messages)
     Laser Spoolers (2 messages)
     Kanji Printer Interface "Print Jack"
     Excel 1.04
     4.1 Menu Manager
     HyperCharger 020 (9 messages)
     RE: 68020 upgrades for SE
     ADDISON WESLEY
     Draw 30 and New System!
     swapping SE floppy and hard disks
     LISA-HELP? XL (2 messages)
     Centram TOPS BBS
     Excel 1.04: Yay! (2 messages)
     Radius 68020 board (3 messages)
     Mac II Trinitrons (2 messages)
     Desktop bus mice (9 messages)
     68020 upgrades for SE
     File/Disk Bug Fixes: Copy II 6.5
     re: MacSmalltalk 0.4
     Toshiba 24 pin printer

[
archived as [SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>DELPHIV3-28.ARC

DoD
]

End of INFO-MAC Digest