[comp.sys.mac.digest] INFO-MAC Digest V5 #114

INFO-MAC@SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU.UUCP (09/06/87)

INFO-MAC Digest           Sunday, 6 Sep 1987      Volume 5 : Issue 114

Today's Topics:
                  Remote Macintosh file representation
                     FzzPlot Purchasers Please Read!
                       68020 vs. 80386 benchmarks
                      .HQX WORD decrypting on UNIX
                     Problem with Day/Month Edit...
                         System/Finder Patches..
                                Keeper II
                           Cache Control FKEY
                               Boot Logger
                              Toggle Cache
                      Resource Compiler/Decompiler
                    ShutDown Key FKEY for all systems
                          FontDisplay 5.0 Ltd.
                              Pattern Maker
                     New version of Describe program
                               MultiPrint
                                Test XFCN
                          Re: LSC 2.11 Upgrade
                            XLISP-17.PIT.HQX
                              EKTeach Demo
                               MacPS Ltd.

Date: 24 Aug 87 20:35:51 GMT
From: jww@sdcsvax.ucsd.edu (Joel West)
Subject: Remote Macintosh file representation

For those of you who don't normally follow the INFO-APPLETALK newsgroup,
Apple has made an important proposal that affects all Macintosh programs
in hetereogeneous computing environments.  A copy of the proposal
is being included for the INFO-MAC archives.

Apple proposes two file formats, AppleSingle and AppleDouble, which
represent a file on another file system (e.g. UNIX or MS-DOS) as
either one file, or two files, respectively.  In the two-file mode,
the data fork is in a separate file that should be locally readable.

Further comments should be sent to INFO-APPLETALK@ANDREW.CMU.EDU.
If you want to be added to the mailing list, of course, send
mail to INFO-APPLETALK-REQUEST@ANDREW.CMU.EDU.

Joel West
Palomar Software, Inc., P.O. Box 2635, Vista, CA  92083
ihnp4!crash!palomar!joel        joel@palomar.cts.com

    From: andrews@apple.UUCP (Richard Andrews)
    Newsgroups: comp.protocols.appletalk
    Subject: Mac File Representation
    Date: 22 Aug 87 22:36:51 GMT

Here is our first attempt at a proposal for representing Mac files
on other file systems.  Please circulate it freely.  I welcome
comments and suggestions, with the following caveat:

PLEASE KEEP YOUR COMMENTS BRIEF AND CONCISE.  I EXPECT A LOT OF
FEEDBACK AND I CAN'T POSSIBLY WADE THROUGH A WHOLE LOT OF MATERIAL.
I CANNOT REPLY TO EVERYONE PERSONALLY.

Please send useful comments and suggestions directly to me.  Look to
this bulletin board for further drafts.

AppleSingle and AppleDouble formats for file representation

A Draft Proposal from Apple Computer, Inc.

[
archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>REPORT-APPLEDOUBLE.TXT

DoD
]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 25 Aug 87 08:19:32 edt
From: rs4u+@andrew.cmu.edu (Richard Siegel)
Subject: FzzPlot Purchasers Please Read!

Attention all FzzPlot purchasers:

   I am almost ready to release a new version of FzzPlot to registered
owners. The problem is, my database was accentally destroyed (not my
fault). I have a few letters from people who sent in their
registration fee, but by no means do these letters represent my entire
user base.

   Therefore, I need anyone who has sent in their registration fee
to write me a letter, and enclose some proof of registration -- a
Xerox copy of your cancelled registration check will be fine, or send
me the cover page of your documentation. (There are some people
who have not recieved the documentation; I apologize for that; it was
lost along with the database.)

   If you can't find proof of registration, just write me a letter.

I will provide a new version of the program, along with updated
documentation.

I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. There will be no charge for
the update to registered users. Please note that the next public
release of FzzPlot will *not* be on the networks, but will be
available directly from me upon request.

(I will explain the reasons for this if requested to....)

Thanks.

  Rich

R-Squared Development Systems
134 Horseshoe Drive
Williamsburg, Virginia 23185
(804) 229-2152 [After 6pm eastern time only]

Arpanet: rs4u@andrew.cmu.edu
Uucp: {your fave gateway}!seismo!andrew.cmu.edu!rs4u

Disclaimer? I don't even KNOW 'er!

"Do you wanna be a cop or a lost cause?"
    -- Sean Connery, in "The Untouchables"

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 02 Sep 87 14:33:38 EDT
From: Jeff Jurvis <JURVIS%APLVM.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: 68020 vs. 80386 benchmarks

    Anyone else out there fed up with Byte's biased 68020 vs. 80386
benchmarks? We have available to us a Mac II and a Compaq 386 and would
like to run the Byte benchmarks to see for ourselves. We'll use Aztec C 3.4
with its 68020 and 68881 native code generator with the Mac II.
The Byte programs are supposed to be archived on BIX but we do not have access.
If anybody has these we would appreciate a copy of the benchmark source code
(especially the Whetstone and Dhrystone code). Of course, we will post our
results to this forum.

Andy Scheck/ Jeff Jurvis
JHU/Applied Physics Laboratory
BITNET: JURVIS@APLVM
Acknowledge-To: <JURVIS@APLVM>

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 7 Jun 87 14:42:58 PDT
From: bryce%cogsci.Berkeley.EDU@berkeley.edu
Subject: .HQX WORD decrypting on UNIX

Is there a utility that will dycrypt to plain text a WORD file like the
technotes (TNXXX.HQX) without the wasteful step of dropping past
the Mac first?
Directly to TeX would be even better...

bryce@cogsci.berkeley.EDU -or- ucbvax!cogsci!bryce-

------------------------------

Date: Fri 19 Jun 87 00:36:28-PDT
From: Elliot Bennett <ELLIOT@SPOCC.STANFORD.EDU>
Subject: Problem with Day/Month Edit...

Is it me or the new system (4.1) with the new finder (5.5) that prevents
the utility Day/Month Edit from changing the format of the way the finder
(and WriteNow) present the day?  Specifically, I want to change "Fri, Jun 16,
1987" to "June 16, 1987".  This utility worked fine on past systems, but I
cant get it to change the current one.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated (please respond to info-mac for
all to read).

Thanks in advance,
Elliot Bennett
Elliot@star.stanford.edu

------------------------------

Date: Sun 21 Jun 1987 23:48 CDT
From: N. Gokhale <MMAR013%ECNCDC.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: System/Finder Patches..

Here's a patch I designed for Finder 5.3 or 4.1 which will let you have a
small "GetInfo..."  box similar to Finder 5.4.  I've found this to be much
faster and more convenient, see if you like it.  It just might be small
enough for the digest (25 lines).

After you convert it with BinHex4 and Packit3, open the resulting file with
ResEd present.  Click on DITL, shift-click on STR#, choose "Copy", open the
Finder and "Paste".  That's it, it won't increase the Finder's size.

Nihar, Western Illinois University
bitnet   MMAR013@ECNCDC
internet MMAR013%ECNCDC.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU
uucp     [wanginst!decvax!cbosgd!] psuvax1!ECNCDC.BITNET!MMAR013

(This file must be converted with BinHex 4.0)

:%%CTEQ4PFL"3BA4MD#j`DA3!8%P8)&"*9#!!N!3&f3#3"#Xh8%eK0!"lbHaC&+G
-8YNj")3J`[8h3c+PBPk)amVej@X1jVR6iC5XJ`Y#&Ekk1rJPGCGR#5!!lA,HL5R
8d,KH8Ehe06T#VCjp[)'*LFq658NeQbIaJ,9,&,NCY0md%l'[eV9AXrIeEIZJpfk
3!2q*lH5cRH&)jP-3HG#C5K&iJHc"+R4JZp9If#fKEEBJ"Ea4,YBeQArIV5)98TJ
ULS&(idL&P@iX8#J)%0i#68dMP4ALRL954YDZ4+F0,)3S0D4@FQfSYR)6q9!KBa#
NSdmhb5lr@%A+j[q3!$81((mr6[i!XKGI[F,TCLqkA)`*H1ZHH,q4pP*X`AkrY68
NYKG,L@Y*&59#55QN4l@`ZPaE#kA%VC6UG**j,e9D*dNNNN$38e8)J3mTL(9-TDN
3e+G*!eHNCek5U+kQ@PeYk,B!+5S',b3bf3ZRN!#UlI-b%diYIE3+m%)dC0qL$kY
Q@Tf0hA9DLMdQkhSSM'Q[aL8)!IRJJdkTK"5c5b#@e20!"PUDhkhVHTT3%q6hA9D
Yh5ELGd89+)(6kB!#FD+8qhd#8QUe)J9Y!aLhkkJ!QkAZD-c+4!@l6IZkV88QV-3
!QJrNbC932`IDHP2C&N2PFP25#BeUfC%[eh0!a28Hf6MG[EfjUY3Hp,VZk$dhkd6
Vp@0`H@jj$a4Rj8LZ$Z(Cq5Q[1pSTpj[TG+h06NrekkV88HJ2VT[dC8kQ93QLK54
3,E553,1N@Ca*DDYp**&ZD#SGP)hdNNLa0$UL[0*D`NNN(4"c6bJj@%NNLXUa&T%
aB555XN(&89%VB555SL"9D@jB555XN!"`9&4FX***28#UZR"rB555D%#Sa9L`$lD
a&rMJ2D'cMQcSi9dNNJH*i4Xp#X***&3JGTq91X***"Nm)Qjk&B555+b*4&TETQ$
&9M80(%NNA9YSP*k5@dNLdUj9bVCqdNTdNNU$28"5fEU*FV0%C$2QGJM4'3`1UUG
hi85q`rNBV0SphFaPmF-hf,j0V$'8VR4`56H+'k6LqkA)a0!UE18S*4HM[-`Md3J
##FGN-$0Q(mM&II[Xpc@rZC+[b&cm(#fFI!,aMASG%[f!3#$RB"!00f!3$8jS4k#
&j`1)"!$h1J%**dZ8!Uhcid0R(0R4`c&h`F$#li1cX&dRJEY0h(hQ(a0!J+FNJ@b
NfB9a#23$"(Sc![aNN4#!)XN2(C!!e5#24Q"IM)YQB%)!LfFI'D`3MdCJAib!8)p
'B&q-Ml"Q32)2Mii$"(T)L%!38)p'rL%!AMDCf&&MB3Merl6$MSPip*ADEZ2[-2J
3)H1b''#3!)Dr(#2LMI'*A2%fq1$af3`m`jTJYbCiZN0j"4jKc6'fkAaL9cajKc6
'h&'q-5ZH2-1DBV+KhfI$kjiEESmKmf"D)b'pRC@-C"T--*&GjMXql@"Gm(C%`Gj
SqE!jZG!bZG'4-(HD2Q`1B2KVmF&h`GNML`q0[iYEb!r'C!R-DBi,TH`AIQ$f`X`
,[b,$#3YQ(mM&SMAaYr&X`rNB&VH3!"q1)l2ZeJI0J@c$q4JI0[iY@5qlTC&hfYJ
%4MdLpTKhCmI"i8BaI-$af3`bZG(+!)Lr`MerL@3J#4C(E!)M#aDI'aL"GQ3(ia*
R5V0%k$QB#Ml"Ch%KmfrLfBIb-@U)Bb[-2JIB2(Cl2Z&&UHlZBbq1@L+I'aL"GQ3
(ia*R5V0%k$QB#Ml"-'B$#B1mdEbCjXB(MXKV6emE')&fC!IM%QG+Xd6S1CJ+2X(
%(3G-M!qDl)mGN!$@J#2MBa!Zc)$mBNcT9QLG"c-"4pJXlL3hNccB`,T0QB1[lQ5
%`G,M$#d4Vif-3,Xb!r'*-k9CSR3Fc!8IB,1iN!$jVXMb-KKZeDaR,-"E4&2MBa!
Zc)$mBNcT9QLG"c-"4pJ`5%0I(cB(2har6XH1b'Y*6T)'VdM1[5945+NMd5U5SLU
+QY&Nq+U5Xc39D1rL5S4HI2**T)X+Jkd#**6N6-9"eS%5Xp6e1cP[ke5923&14*I
IdQ434@jNmqB!!!:

------------------------------

Date: 24 Jun 87 09:51:00 EST
From: <bouldin@ceee-sed.arpa>
Subject: Keeper II

What follows is a thing from a local BBS called Keeper II. It seems to work as
did the old Keeper, locking a copy of Finder into a reserved Application Zone
(I think). Changes: 1. It works with my 68020 machine 2. It notices that
you held down the option key when you opened windows, so it doesn't always
return you to a screen cluttered with a lot of open windows.

I have no documents or info for this thing, but it seems to work. Binhex is in
the following message.

[
archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>KEEPER2.HQX

DoD
]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 3 Jul 87 09:01 EDT
From: Jeffrey Shulman <SHULMAN%sdr.slb.com@RELAY.CS.NET>
Subject: Cache Control FKEY

[ Uploaded from Delphi by Jeff Shulman ]

Name: CACHE CONTROL FKEY FOR 68020
Date: 30-JUN-1987 01:37 by UJL0018

Cache control is a handy tool for every 68020ed Mac user, including Mac II
and Prodigy.  It is an FKEY to allow very fast switching on and off the
processor cache, so that programs compiled with Lightspeed C will work.

Kiyomasa Ono [CIS 70127,247] [DELPHI UJL0018] Advanced Products Design,
Shinjuku 6-28-10 1002, Tokyo 160, Japan.

[
archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>FKEY-CACHE-CONTROL.HQX

DoD
]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 3 Jul 87 22:23:24 EDT
From: Gary P Standorf <standorf@CECOM-2.ARPA>
Subject: Boot Logger

This is bootlogger which was downloaded from Genie.  It is an Init which when
placed in the the System folder, will log to a file in the System folder the
date and time of each reboot.  It's useful to keep a record of reboots or
to make sure nobody has messed with your Mac disk while you were away.

Gary Standorf
<standorf@cecom-2.arpa>

[
archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>INIT-BOOT-LOGGER.HQX

DoD
]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 6 Jul 87 14:27 EDT
From: Jeffrey Shulman <SHULMAN%sdr.slb.com@RELAY.CS.NET>
Subject: Toggle Cache

[ Uploaded from Delphi by Jeff Shulman ]

Name: TOGGLE CACHE
Date: 4-JUL-1987 16:38 by ASMCOR

This is a cdev to turn the 60820 instruction cache on and off. It only works on
the Mac II, of course. Just put it in your system folder, and the new control
will show up in the Control Panel. It's mainly of use to developers, but might
come in handy if you have a program that won't run with the 68020 cache on.
(Don't confuse this with the RAM cache. They're two different things). Written
by Jan Eugenides, and placed in the public domain.

[
archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>CDEV-TOGGLE-CACHE.HQX

DoD
]

------------------------------

Date: 26 Jul 87 18:00:08 GMT
From: adahlbom@CC4.BBN.COM (Alan Dahlbom)
Subject: Resource Compiler/Decompiler

Here is a resource compiler/decompiler that uses a resource syntax close
to that of Rez. It is  meant for people who lack the resources to run MPW
or who perfer such things as the LightSpeed environments.

[
archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>UTILITY-RSRC-COMPILER-DECOMPILER-PART1.HQX
[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>UTILITY-RSRC-COMPILER-DECOMPILER-PART2.HQX
[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>UTILITY-RSRC-COMPILER-DECOMPILER-PART3.HQX

DoD
]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 29 Jul 87 08:38 EST
From: Paul Christensen <PCHRISTENSEN%rca.com@RELAY.CS.NET>
Subject: ShutDown Key FKEY for all systems

ShutDown Key is a function key designed to provide the same capabilities
as the Finder's ShutDown and Restart commands.  When invoked (using
Command-Shift-9), it presents a dialog box with ShutDown, Restart, and
Cancel buttons.  When installed in a System File older than version 4.0,
only the Restart and Cancel buttons will appear.  Keyboard equivalents
are provided for all buttons, allowing ShutDown Key to be called in the
event of a system hang or mouse freeze.

When used under System 4.0 or higher, ShutDown Key uses the routines
provided by Apple in the ShutDown manager package.  If the ShutDown
manager is not available (ie. the System file is older than 4.0), then
all disks are ejected and unmounted before restarting the machine.

When first activated, ShutDown Key disables Switcher (if running) until
the Cancel button is pressed.  This prevents Switcher from crashing due
to ShutDown Key's calls to ModalDialog.  The Dialog box is centered
regardless of screen size.

ShutDown Key was a personal programming challenge to stay away from
assembly language.  It was written and debugged entirely in Ligtspeed
Pascal, and the final version was compiled using TML Pascal 2.02.  It
uses some interesting Pascal programming, including creating dialog
boxes on the fly without resources, accessing the "A5" world, and
highlighting the default button.

ShutDown Key is compatible with all Macintoshes regardless of memory,
system file version, ROM, processor, or keyboard.

This posting is a BinHex representatin of a Packit (uncompressed) file
holding the ShutDown Key file and its documentation (in MacWrite 4.5
format).  ShutDown Key may be installed using the FKEY Installer, FKEY
Manager, or ResEdit.

Please send any comments, suggestions for improvement, or (hopefully
not) bug notices to the author:

Paul Christensen
619 North Edge Park Drive
Haddonfield, NJ 08033

CSNET: PCHRISTENSEN@RCA.COM

[
archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>FKEY-SHUTDOWN.HQX

DoD
]

------------------------------

Date: Wed 19 Aug 87 11:40:30-GMT
From: Jeff Shulman <SHULMAN@SDR>
Subject: FontDisplay 5.0 Ltd.

FontDisplay 5.0 is a program that displays/prints fonts.  New features
this version include:

   Keyboard Maps
   More header/footer control
   More printing control
   Font File Catalog
   Dozen's more neat new features!

This *demo* version does not print nor save any configurable options. A fully
working version is only available to registered users.  See the "About
FontDisplay" box for details.

[
archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>DEMO-FONTDISPLAY50-PART1.HQX
[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>DEMO-FONTDISPLAY50-PART2.HQX
[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>DEMO-FONTDISPLAY50-PART3.HQX
[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>DEMO-FONTDISPLAY50-PART4.HQX

DoD
]

------------------------------

Date: Mon 24 Aug 87 09:40:04-EDT
From: Jeff Shulman <SHULMAN@SDR>
Subject: Pattern Maker

[ Uploaded from Delphi by Jeff Shulman ]

Name: PATTERN MAKER
Date: 23-AUG-1987 11:21 by ULLMANN

This a new version of Pattern Maker with impoved capabilities for
creating fascinating patterns on the Macintosh screen.  Pattern Maker
creates patterns for many types of graphic displays, or you can play
with Pattern Maker for hours and see what you canmake it do.  Pattern
Maker is shareware.

[
archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>GAME-PATTERNMAKER-PART1.HQX
[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>GAME-PATTERNMAKER-PART2.HQX

DoD
]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 25 Aug 87 07:53:23 edt
From: rs4u+@andrew.cmu.edu (Richard Siegel)
Subject: New version of Describe program

This is an updated version of Robert Scott Comer's "Describe" program.
His was originally written in Megamax C, and failed to run on
systems using System 4.1 or with the new ROM set; I have ported
it to Lightspeed C, and it runs fine on all systems.
This file is in Packit iii compressed format; use BinHex 4.0 to
decode and then PackIt to unpack the files.

Read the source code (included) for more details.

Rich

[
this description is from the original posting:

***

It will display the system type, rom type and rom version. Next comes
the amount of memory, and screen parameters. Next are the system
version string and the rom patches version number. Finally, info
about HFS (installed or not) and info about each disk attached.

***

Scott Comer

Describe is archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>DESCRIBE.HQX

This version replaces the previous version in the archives.

DoD
]

------------------------------

Date: Wed 26 Aug 87 11:20:10-GMT
From: Jeff Shulman <SHULMAN@SDR>
Subject: MultiPrint

[ Uploaded from Delphi by Jeff Shulman ]

Name: MULTIPRINT
Date: 25-AUG-1987 21:32 by SOCCERKING

Multi-Print is a utility to print out several files once. Select your
files, choose print and then let your computer print out the files one
after the other.  You can have page numbers, dates, times and much
more in your custom headers and footers. You can print out your files
with a border. You can specify fonts and font sizes for your text,
headers and footers. Each file has it's own set of information, so one
can have a border, the other not, one file can be printed in Monaco-9
while the other is printed using New York-12.

This program is a learning tool as well. The source code is provided
and demonstrates several of the "For Advance Programer's Only" topics
covered in Inside Macintosh, and more. Learn how to add a dialog items
list to any existing dialog, and more specifically add your own items
to Print Manager dialogs.

I hope you find it useful! brent.

[
archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>UTILITY-MULTIPRINT-PART1.HQX
[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>UTILITY-MULTIPRINT-PART2.HQX
[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>UTILITY-MULTIPRINT-PART3.HQX
[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>UTILITY-MULTIPRINT-PART4.HQX

DoD
]

------------------------------

Date: Wed 26 Aug 87 11:23:09-GMT
From: Jeff Shulman <SHULMAN@SDR>
Subject: Test XFCN

[ Uploaded from Delphi by Jeff Shulman ]

Name: XFCN EXAMPLE
Date: 25-AUG-1987 02:29 by STEVEMALLER

HyperCard allows you to install a specially-compiled resource of type XCMD
(External Command) and XFCN (External Function) into a stack or into HyperCard
itself. These can extend HyperTalk in whatever way you see fit. You might want
to control a videodisk player by sending bytes through the serial port or just
make strange noises.
   This example adds a function to HyperTalk called "FileName()" which returns
the full pathname of a file the user chooses with the Standard "Open" dialog
box. This is (or I should say "was") missing from HyperTalk so I wrote it in.
Comments/suggestions to STEVEMALLER.
  Enjoy,
   Steve Maller
   Apple Computer

[
archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>HYPERCARD-TEST-XFCN.HQX

DoD
]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Sep 87 10:16:12 EDT
From: singer@harvard.harvard.edu (Andrew Singer)
Subject: Re: LSC 2.11 Upgrade

   This is compressed PackIt file containing a patcher progam, new libraries
   and additional .h files to upgrade LightspeedC version 2.01 to version 2.11.
   Version 2.11 is intended as a minimal upgrade to enable the development
   environment to run on and generate code for the Mac II as well as the Mac
   512e, Plus and SE.

   This patcher is distributed here and on other online services at no charge
   by THINK Technologies, Inc. It is also available directly from THINK on
   floppy disk for $10 to cover shipping and handling. To order contact THINK
   customer support at the address or number below.

   The contents of this upgrade are copyright 1987 by THINK Technologies, Inc.
   We give permission for registered owners of THINK's LightspeedC to
   copy and use it. We also give permission for all to distribute this upgrade
   to other registered LSC owners. Lightspeed is a trademark of Lightspeed,
   Inc. and is used with its permission.

   Jack Hodgson
   Product Manager
   THINK Technologies, Inc.
   135 South Rd.
   Bedford, MA 01730
   617-275-4800

[
archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>UPGRADE-LIGHTSPEEDC-211-PART1.HQX
[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>UPGRADE-LIGHTSPEEDC-211-PART2.HQX
[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>UPGRADE-LIGHTSPEEDC-211-PART3.HQX
[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>UPGRADE-LIGHTSPEEDC-211-PART4.HQX

DoD
]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 17 Aug 87 08:59:57 CDT
From: Henrik Sorensen <hvs@rice.edu>
Subject: XLISP-17.PIT.HQX

Here is XLISP version 1.7

[
the following documentation is taken from the 1.4 version:

      XLISP is an experimental programming language combining some
      of  the  features  of LISP with an object oriented extension
      capability.  It was  implemented  to  allow  experimentation
      with  object oriented programming on small computers.  There
      are currently implementations running on  the  PDP-11  under
      UNIX  V7, on the VAX-11 under VAX/VMS and Berkeley VAX/UNIX,
      and on the 8088/8086 under CP/M-86 or MS-DOS.  A version  is
      currently  being  developed for the 68000 under CP/M-68K and
      for the Apple Macintosh.  It is completely  written  in  the
      programming  language  'C'  and is easily extended with user
      written built-in functions and classes.  It is available  in
      source   form   free  of  charge  to  non-commercial  users.
      Prospective commercial users should contact the  author  for
      permission to use XLISP.

this file is archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>XLISP17.HQX

it replaces version 1.4 in the archives.  I am leaving the documentation
for version 1.4 because it is a text document (non-binhexed), and must be
useful to somebody.

DoD
]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 21 Jul 87 14:34 EDT
From: Jeffrey Shulman <SHULMAN%sdr.slb.com@RELAY.CS.NET>
Subject: EKTeach Demo

[ Uploaded from Delphi by Jeff Shulman ]

Name: EKTEACH DEMO
Date: 16-JUL-1987 20:43 by ESROG

Here is a "demo" (crippled version) of EKTEACH.  EKTEACH has four lessons
and three tests for the purpose of teaching the elementary reading of the
normal electrocardiogram (EKG).  In the demo version, only the first two
lessons are implemented.  If you want the full version of the program, send
a tax-deductable but not refundable contribution of $20.00 in the form of a
check made out to:  Drexel University/Biomed (no purchase orders!). It can
be sent to:

Stephen Dubin, V.M.D., Ph.D.
Biomedical Engineering and Science Institute
Drexel University
Philadelphia PA  19104

Other programs in this series will teach mean electrical axis and arrythmia
recognition.

[
archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>DEMO-EKTEACH.HQX

DoD
]

------------------------------

Date: 7 Jul 87 20:13 EST
From: STERRITT%SDEVAX.decnet@ge-crd.arpa
Subject: MacPS Ltd.

Hello,
        This is a packit file containing MacPS, its documentation and an
example script.  The PS in MacPS stands for 'Professional Scripter'.  The
scripts that MacPS interprets run programs (with or without multiple
documents), start desk accessories, set up startup screens, delete files,
etc.  It is a very nice initial application to run, in that it can set up
all the programs that are supposed to be 'self installing', and then put
you into your favorite program on some particular document.
        This is a version that supports almost everything -- if you pay
the shareware fee, you get a version that does more.  It looks very good!
        Enjoy,
        Chris Sterritt
        Sterritt%Sdevax.decnet@ge-crd.arpa      on arpa
        C.Sterritt                              on GEnie

[
archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>DEMO-MAC-PROFESSIONAL-SCRIPTER.HQX

DoD
]

End of INFO-MAC Digest