[comp.sys.mac.digest] Delphi Mac Digest V3 #52

SHULMAN@sdr.slb.COM (Jeffrey Shulman) (12/10/87)

Date: Wed 9 Dec 87 12:47:02-GMT
From: Jeff Shulman <SHULMAN@SDR>
Subject: Delphi Mac Digest V3 #52
To: Delphi-List: ;

Delphi Mac Digest     Wednesday, December 9, 1987    Volume 3 : Issue 52

Today's Topics:
     RE: Smalltalk (4 messages)
     50 cycle line frequency (3 messages)
     RE: Compuserve Navigator needed
     Re: Experiences with Rodime RX1000 inter
     Stack Size and PixMaps?
     RE: Usenet Mac Digest V3 #97 (3 messages)
     re: MIDI + LSC
     re: Multifinder System Memory Observatio
     re: SICNs
     PowerStation 1.1 patches (revised)
     Word 3.01 vs. multifinder? (2 messages)
     CAMERA DA (2 messages)
     SE Power Supply
     Crystal Quest is out!
     Silicon Press
     Mac BBS Systems - to PC or not to PC?
     Color StartupScreens (2 messages)
     RE: LSC fread limitation?
     Dial-up AppleTalk
     re: List manager, etc.
     re: MultiFinder Memory
     re: using alternative desktops with new
     RE: Usenet Mac Digest V3 #102 (2 messages)
     memory upgrades (2 messages)
     MIDI & 31K baud

From: PAULMERCER
Subject: RE: Smalltalk (Re: Msg 2208)
Date: 26-NOV 03:29 Developers' Corner

I have a onepage work-in-progress description of Apple's Smalltalk 1.0.
It does away with the PARC MVC user interface and directly substitutes
it with MacApp. Therefore, it won't be compatible with user interface
code from Smalltalk-80. But this seems like the way to go on the Mac.

It also mentions that it should be done in '88 and will be sold thru
APDA. The guy at Apple to get more info is Harvey Alcabes.

Paul :)

------------------------------

From: NOFAL
Subject: RE: Smalltalk (Re: Msg 2212)
Date: 27-NOV 01:07 Developers' Corner

Where did you get that info? I want to know more about it. Is it real
Smalltalk? It has an Interpreter or a Compiler? It is a Development
System to create REAL double-clickable apps or needs a Run-time module?
It has Multiple-Inheritance? It works under MultiFinder? Well ,I think
that are enough

questions up to now.Please let me know anything you know about it.
        _danny PS:I'm excited about it! Wow!

------------------------------

From: PAULMERCER
Subject: RE: Smalltalk (Re: Msg 2214)
Date: 27-NOV 01:22 Developers' Corner

I got the info from a data sheet given out at OOPSLA '87.  I'm no
Smalltalk guru but Smalltalk has always been an interpreter.  I think
this version is derived from Smalltalk .04 which is being distributed by
APDA at a VERY REASONBLE $50.  Since this is a direct port of Smalltalk
80 lvel 1, I don't think it has multiple inheritance.

I have not seen the actuall system but the sheet had a screen dump.  I
would certainly be disappointed if it didn't work under Juggler.

Please note the above info is merely my interpretation and may be
totally untrue.  You should send some mail to Harvey Alcabes of the
Tools & Languages group for definitive info.

It looks pretty neat.

Paul :)

------------------------------

From: PEABO
Subject: RE: Smalltalk (Re: Msg 2217)
Date: 28-NOV 18:21 Developers' Corner

Harvey Alcabes works for Apple Computer Tools & Languages.  You can get
in touch with him by calling (408) 996-1010, which is the Apple main
switchboard in Cupertino.

peter

------------------------------

From: UJL0012
Subject: 50 cycle line frequency
Date: 27-NOV 09:47 Hardware & Peripherals

     Since I live in Tokyo, Japan where the frequency is 50 Hz, the
operability of a 60 Hz machine in a 50 Hz area has been a major concern
for me.  What I am particularly interested in is the domestic
ImageWriter LQ ("domestic" in this sense is used to mean "for use in the
U.S.") which is officially rated only for 60 cycle frequency services.
Although I read in "The Help Folder" section in the December 1987 issue
of MacUser (p.75) that many people including some Apple engineers say
that you would get satisfactory results on a 50 Hz service, the same
article also said that the use of a domestic ImageWriter LQ on a 50 Hz
service may result in (l) character spacing problems and (2) the
shortening of the printer's life due to the excess heat. Well, it really
is difficult to make a judgment just out of the information above. I
would really appreciate any information or opinion with regard to this
debate.  Of course, I will not hold anyone responsible for any
information or opinion.  Your candid opinion would be greatly
appreciated.

      Thank you for your attention to my question.

Junichiro

------------------------------

From: NWOLF
Subject: RE: 50 cycle line frequency (Re: Msg 23877)
Date: 27-NOV 21:16 Hardware & Peripherals

JUNICHIRO,

I believe you can easily solve your problem with a powr converter
commonly used by travelers. This should enable you to convert your 50
cycles to the 60 cycles requird. They are not so very expensive and
easily available.

Neil.

------------------------------

From: HALL
Date: 28-NOV 05:29 Hardware & Peripherals

Hmmm, I'd think it wouldn't be too hard to come up with a simple circuit
that would convert 50 Hz AC to 60 Hz AC, by converting it to DC in
between.  If you can get it, take a look at the December Radio
Electronics.  You could probably modify the UPS circuit to do what you'd
need for a reasonable price.

Brian

------------------------------

From: PEABO
Subject: RE: Compuserve Navigator needed (Re: Msg 23876)
Date: 27-NOV 20:14 Network Digests

>Date: Mon, 23 Nov 87 15:44 EST
>From: Brian Campbell  <EE2Y%CRNLVAX5.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
>Subject: Compuserve Navigator needed

>Has anyone obtained Navigator, a prog. which allows you to maneuver more
>easily thru Compuserve?  If so, could you please either e-mail to me, or
>post on comp.sys.mac/sumex-aim?

This program, which was originally released as Shareware, is now a
commercial product distributed by CompuServe.  I don't know if it is
still legit to pass on the Shareware version.

 peter                          "In any context, half of all references
 PEABO @ DELPHI                  are local and half are global."

------------------------------

From: MACWEEKBOS
Subject: Re: Experiences with Rodime RX1000 inter (Re: Msg 23915)
Date: 29-NOV 20:58 Network Digests

Re: Experiences with Rodime RX1000 internal disk drives

I have used two Rodime 140's in a Mac II, both from CMS. One failed,
apparently in the hardware, such that it would not boot. (I'm waiting to
hear a diagnosis from CMS). The other has been working fine for a couple
of weeks, and proved to be quite fast in a file-duplication test I ran
(equivalent to DataFrame XP40).

Ric Ford

------------------------------

From: INTECO
Subject: Stack Size and PixMaps?
Date: 29-NOV 23:17 Programming Techniques

One of the more hidden points of Mac programming is determining the
necessary stack size...

IM I states for CopyBits (at least 3.5K as a convention). With Color
Pictures we get much larger pictures . I do for example for copying the
color contence of a window just an OpenCPicture and then a CopyBits on
itself... It works perfect but how? (I calculated 115KBytes for the
PixMap but I had only 70kBytes Stack)

Any "scientifi" answer...?

Uwe

------------------------------

From: MACWEEKBOS
Subject: RE: Usenet Mac Digest V3 #97 (Re: Msg 23943)
Date: 30-NOV 20:45 Network Digests

Peter and Chuq,

For what it's worth, the fullfillment problem is a recognized one and
it's being worked on in San Francisco. I'm sorry (and frustrated too)
that it isn't possible to solve all the problems immediately.

One factor is that circulation is limited. We cannot simply expand
freely, but must keep circulation under control to match ad rates and
the costs of production. Bill Hooven (circulation director) and the
other folks involved have been working on some way of getting MacWEEK to
people that don't qualify for free subscriptions - or who do qualify but
can't be added right away. I believe they have a policy of providing
MacWEEK as a paid subscription to such people, at a reasonable rate
(less than $50/year).  If you haven't already called, the number is:
415-882-7370 and you should talk to Bill Hooven or ask for
"circulation."

Ric.

------------------------------

From: DDUNHAM
Subject: RE: Usenet Mac Digest V3 #97 (Re: Msg 23913)
Date: 30-NOV 21:17 Network Digests

 > From: chuq@plaid.Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach)
 > Subject: MacUser Hypercard coverage
 > zoom-window icon, for instance, came out of an extension in Word 1.0
 This is news to me.  Word might have been the first program to zoom,
but I don't recall them doing it in a visual way.

 David Dunham     "If it has syntax, it isn't user-friendly."
 Maitreya Design

------------------------------

From: CHUQ
Subject: RE: Usenet Mac Digest V3 #97 (Re: Msg 23956)
Date: 30-NOV 22:07 Network Digests

mutter. Let me clarify.

The zoom window was first seen in Word 1.0. It was well enough received
that Apple adopted it into the next release of their system -- it was
implemented differently, but the concept came from Microsoft, not from
Apple.

chuq

------------------------------

From: DDUNHAM
Subject: re: MIDI + LSC (Re: Msg 23912)
Date: 30-NOV 21:16 Network Digests

 >From: ronw@inmet.UUCP
 >Subject: MIDI + LSC
 I'm using the routines in MacTutor, vol. 3 no. 7, July 1987.

 David Dunham     "A mind is like a parachute.  It only functions when open."
 Maitreya Design

------------------------------

From: DDUNHAM
Subject: re: Multifinder System Memory Observatio (Re: Msg 23914)
Date: 30-NOV 21:17 Network Digests

 > From: chow@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Christopher Chow)
 > Subject: Multifinder System Memory Observations.
 DiskInfo reports the amount of memory free in the current MultiFinder
partition.

 David Dunham     "Efficiency is intelligent laziness."
 Maitreya Design

------------------------------

From: DDUNHAM
Subject: re: SICNs (Re: Msg 23915)
Date: 30-NOV 21:18 Network Digests

 > From: sho@tybalt.caltech.edu (Sho Kuwamoto)
 > Subject: SICNs
 It's real easy to make SICNs with ResEdit, and I've got a letter in a
recent MacTutor explaining how your program can draw them. But you
should be aware that the Finder doesn't use SICNs where you think it
does -- those ugly shrunken icons are just that, ugly shrunken ICONs.

 David Dunham     "Whenever you see a sign 'No Exit,' it means
 Maitreya Design   there is an exit."

------------------------------

From: BRECHER
Subject: PowerStation 1.1 patches (revised)
Date: 1-DEC-22:12: Bugs & Features

(Revised posting.  The previous posting omitted patches #4a and #5a.
Apologies.)

PowerStation 1.1 problems with MultiFinder and patches to fix same.

Problem: PowerStation's Finder button can cause a crash.  Fixed by
patches #1, #2, and #3.

Problem: The Restart and Shut Down commands from PowerStation's Special
menu return to Finder (if Finder is running) or merely quit and then
reopen PowerStation (if Finder is not running).  Workaround: quit to
Finder (assumes patches #1, #2, and #3 applied) and use Finder's Restart
or Shut Down.  If Finder is not running, hold Option while clicking the
Finder button to get back to Finder, then go back to PowerStation and
click the Finder button again (without Option) to quit PowerStation.

Problem: Open an application from PowerStation. After the "interval of
idleness" specified in PowerStation's Preferences dialog, return to
PowerStation by quitting the application or by switching to
PowerStation. PowerStation's boxes/buttons are invisible. Fixed by
patches #4,#4a, #5, #5a.

The "original" and "patch to" values are indented here to indicate their
relative positions as they will appear in Fedit's hexadecimal display.

 patch #1-----------------------------------------
 Location: file sector 20 (14 hex), offset 26 (01A hex) bytes within
sector;
           281A hex bytes from start of file.

 original:                          41FA 0046 2078
 patch to:                          2038 095C 6F0E

 original: 0A80 303C 010D A047 21F8 0958 033C 2078
 patch to: 2040 A01F 2078 0A80 303C 010D A047 21F8

 original: 095C A01F 4E75 4EBA FFE6 6704 2EB8
 patch to: 0958 033C 4E75 4EBA FFE2 6704 2F38

 patch #2-----------------------------------------
 Location: file sector 30 (1E hex), offset 242 (0F2 hex) bytes within sector;
           3CF2 hex bytes from start of file.

 original:      4EBA EB2A
 patch to:      4EBA EB26

 patch #3-----------------------------------------
 Location: file sector 31 (1F hex), offset 426 (1AA hex) bytes within sector;
           3FAA hex bytes from start of file.

 original:                          4EBA E872
 patch to:                          4EBA E86E

 patch #4-----------------------------------------
 Location: file sector 61 (3D hex), offset 216 (0D8 hex) bytes within sector;
           7AD8 hex bytes from start of file.

 original:                     4E56 0000 207C 0000
 patch to:                     6606 4A2D FCF0 660E

 original: 016A 202D F7FC D090 206E 0008 2140 FFF8
 patch to: 202D F7FC D0B8 016A 2D40 FFF8 4E75 5897

 original: 4E5E
 patch to: 4E75

 patch #4a----------------------------------------
 Location: file sector 61 (3D hex), offset 270 (10E hex) bytes within sector;
           7B0E hex bytes from start of file.

 original:                                    2F0E
 patch to:                                    4E71

 original: 4EBA FFC6
 patch to: 4EBA FFCE

 patch #5-----------------------------------------
 Location: file sector 61 (3D hex), offset 458 (1CA hex) bytes within sector;
           7BCA hex bytes from start of file.

 original:                          4A6D FAC4 670A
 patch to:                          4A47 6710 4A6D

 original: 2F0E
 patch to: FAC4

 patch #5a----------------------------------------
 Location: file sector 62 (3E hex), offset 084 (054 hex) bytes within sector;
           7C54 hex bytes from start of file.

 original:           2F0E 4EBA FE80
 patch to:           4E71 4EBA FE88

------------------------------

From: CHUQ
Subject: Word 3.01 vs. multifinder?
Date: 2-DEC-01:18: Bugs & Features

[ Has anyone else seen bomb (id=2) of Word 3.01 under multifinder? I
have something that is 100% repeatable. I'm on a 2 meg system, running
the official release, with just MF and Word running. Background printing
is on. If you open up a locked file (for instance, my letterhead) and
modify it so that it is more than a single page, print it, and then
click the close box, Word asks you if you want to save it. If you say
'no' then word bombs. If any of the above is different, including being
a 1 page letter, word works fine. I just lost my on-line copy of an
important letter to it, so while it may be obscure, it isn't trivial (to
me). (The letter I lost was a different letter in the same word job, by
the by. But it still bombs with only a single file opened).

Anyone else seen this? I haven't had time to really sit and figure out
what the single factor in the failure is yet (and I don't know when I
will be able to, unfortunately).

sigh. I don't want my WP to go flakey again...

chuq

------------------------------

From: DDUNHAM
Subject: RE: Word 3.01 vs. multifinder? (Re: Msg 23971)
Date: 2-DEC-02:19: Bugs & Features

You didn't give Word more memory than it wants, did you?

------------------------------

From: MICMAC
Subject: CAMERA DA
Date: 2-DEC-08:53: Public Domain

Since I'm in the process of writing Macintosh Documentation, I found
that Camera Da definitely died with the new System! Does someone know a
program that do the job of the menus screens or is there any patches?

Thanks

Michel Coste     MiC MAC Editor

------------------------------

From: PDNNOG
Subject: RE: CAMERA DA (Re: Msg 23977)
Date: 2-DEC-22:22: Public Domain

I use an FKEY call menuselect 2.0. You call it, and then when you want a
picture with menu down, select the menu, pull down to the point you want
and press the option key..bingo! picture is taken.

------------------------------

From: NETMAN
Subject: SE Power Supply
Date: 2-DEC-11:28: Hardware & Peripherals

My power supply in my 2-floppy drive SE just died a stange death.  I had
it replaced and my problems seem to have disappeared but I'm not totally
convinced that the problem was with my power supply....I'll explain and
perhaps someone can shed some light on this subject.

About a month ago I noticed that it could take 2-5 minutes for my SE to
'turn' on after the power was turned on.  Eventually it would start and
everything seemed to be okay. You could do restarts, etc. and there
would be no delays.  As time went on it seemed to take longer and longer
for the Mac to 'turn-on'.  Furthermore, there seemed to be some
relationship to the amount of time the machine was cold (unpowered) and
how long it would take to start up.  If I did not use it for a week (I
was sick) it took over an hour to start-up after being powered on.

The only 'strange' hardware that is attached to my Mac is a Thunderware
PowerPort...but they dismiss any responsibility for my problems.  My SE
seems okay for now but I'm wondering what could have caused this
problem. I can't believe that it needed to warm up or any such nonsense.
 There was just plain NO RESPONSE when you turned the power switch on.
I opened er up a few times to check all the connections and it seemed
pretty solid. (I did not bother to remove the Power Supply).

Anyone got any ideas on this one....

Thanks in advan,

Jonathan

------------------------------

From: BMUG
Subject: Crystal Quest is out!
Date: 3-DEC-05:34: Games and Entertainment

Color Mac II gaming is here!

I just walked down to my local dealer [MacOrchard in Berkeley, (415)
540-6224], and what did they have on the shelves but CRYSTAL QUEST, the
sequel to the ShareWare game CRYSTAL RAIDERS.  It is from Greene, Inc.,
and available for $28.95 + tax [$40 retail, I think].

It is ***HOT***!  The sounds are fabulous!  The full-color Mac II
graphics are spectacular!  A friend with a SuperMac monitor complains
that it isn't full- screen, but it sure takes up the entire Apple Color
monitor!

The premise of the game is the same as Crystal Raiders, but many
enhancements have been made.  There are lots of different "nasties",
more help screens, better high score recording, and better control
(perhaps just because of the desktop bus mouse, or the Mac II).  It
works on lesser Macs, as well.

They include a PD "Sampler" file that I'll upload, stuffed.  The sound
file, PD as well, is 390K.  Beware, though!  The sampler is absolutely
addictive.  I was exposed to it just yesterday, and I bought the game
today.

-- Raines "burning a hole in the pocket" / BMUG

[ It was further noted that the released version was copy
  protected - Jeff ]

------------------------------

From: SWEET
Subject: Silicon Press
Date: 3-DEC-23:59: Business Mac

Hi all, I am having problems with Silicon Press. It worked great until system
6.0...etc. I am not running under multifinder just the new finder/system.The
text/item boxes are covering each other up. Letters are getting cut off ,etc.
It used to be the boxes could overlap as long as the text did not touch.Now the
edit boxes cover the other text. Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated. Oh
yeah....this is on an SE with 6.0 etc. Thanks....."Sweet" ....Chuck^Z

------------------------------

From: MADMACS
Subject: Mac BBS Systems - to PC or not to PC?
Date: 4-DEC-02:28: MUGS Online

This is the response of a message I sent to Raines the other day of the
viability, possibility, and costs of using a PC based system for a Mac BBS.
That way we can use our Mac for more useful purposes. Unfortunately I don't
know how to recall my original message I sent to him, but the basic was:

  What's a good/cheap clone, hard disk
  What is the best software, for FIDO support, for Multiple lines, for Both?
  What is the word on the TeleBit modem, cost, the "deal", etc...

Any help would be appreciated. Mad Mac is looking to expand in big ways.

Thanks for your help,

Brian Bezanson

Sysop, Mad Mad BBS

> BRIAN - > > Since the information you ask for could be useful to many people,

could you > re-post your question in the forum?  I just sent an answer to
several folks > asking similar questions, and I can't stand repeating myself.
> > The cost for going multi-line is actually more than it might seem at first
> glance, since software that does that reliably is not "bottom of the line".
> We'r running TBBS /m software on a Whole Earth PC AT clone.  I don't have >
any TeleBit info, but there are good SYSOP discounts.  FIDONET linkup is > well

worth it, because you are then automatically exchanging messages with > over a
hundred BBS's all over tfeh world, and it is often just a local call. > > Post
a message in the "MUG" section of ICONtact [copy this response, too, > if you
would], and that should help get things rolling. > > > -- Raines Cohen > >
SYSOP, BMUG BBS

------------------------------

From: DIVERDAN
Subject: Color StartupScreens
Date: 6-DEC-10:39: Programming Techniques

I have been looking around for a method to get a color startup screen for my
mac II.  I have tried the directions given on page 187 of Nov MacUser to no
avail.  Anyone out there been successful and if so, HOW???

------------------------------

From: DSACHS
Subject: RE: Color StartupScreens (Re: Msg 2228)
Date: 6-DEC-15:31: Programming Techniques

Use GIFFER 1.0 or GRAYVIEW and save any color picture as a PICT resource with
ID=0.  Rename the file "StartupScreen" and place in system folder.  There are
several public domain screen available.

------------------------------

From: PEABO
Subject: RE: LSC fread limitation? (Re: Msg 24035)
Date: 5-DEC-20:24: Network Digests

>From: mike@artsvax.UUCP (Michael Czeiszperger)
>Subject: LSC fread limitation?
>Date: 2 Dec 87 03:23:21 GMT

>This is a continuation of my problem with reading entire files into
>memory.  The following command:

> unsigned char buffer[300*512];
> FILE *fp;

> fread(buffer,sizeof(char),300*512,fp);

>.. always reads in only 44 blocks, even though the file in question
>contains no resources, and is over 300k in size.  The fread should read

LSC uses 16-bit integers, so the expression 300*512 is being truncated to the
low 16 bits.  300 is 256+44, so the loss of that one high-order bit explains
everything.

You probably would be a lot happier using FSRead anyway, unless your source
code has to be portable.

From: MACWEEKBOS
Subject: Dial-up AppleTalk
Date: 6-DEC-11:31: Business Mac

I started doing some research on hooking up our Boston office to our
San Francisco office to run InBox remotely to talk to the AppleShare
InBox system there. I haven't found anyone who has done this, with
InterBridges, R-servers, NetModems, NetSerials, or anything else.
Does anyone have experience with this, or with any other form of
dial-up AppleTalk networking? I know a lot of people want to do it,
but we've got to have reliability and decent performance without
spending tens of thousands of dollars on stuff like leased lines, and
Apple hasn't announced any solutions that I know of.

Open for input,

Ric Ford

------------------------------

From: DDUNHAM
Subject: re: List manager, etc. (Re: Msg 24034)
Date: 6-DEC-22:27: Network Digests

 > From: sho@tybalt.caltech.edu (Sho Kuwamoto)
 > Subject: List manager, etc.
 There's a lot of overhead having a TextEdit record for each cell (near 100
bytes, if I remember correctly).  But you only edit one cell at once, right?
So why not have a single TextEdit, and move it to wherever the user clicks?
Doesn't seem inelegant to me (but that's because I use that technique in Acta,
which being a DA can't spare the memory).

From: DDUNHAM
Subject: re: MultiFinder Memory (Re: Msg 24034)
Date: 7-DEC-22:04: Network Digests

 > From: raylau@dasys1.UUCP (Raymond Lau)
 > Subject: MultiFinder Memory
 DiskInfo shows the amount of memory left in the current partition, and the
size of the partition.  You can position the DiskInfo window so this info is
visible, and watch it change as you Juggle.

From: DDUNHAM
Subject: re: using alternative desktops with new (Re: Msg 24035)
Date: 7-DEC-22:04: Network Digests

 > From: flowers@CS.UCLA.EDU
 > Subject: using alternative desktops with new system
 Using the alternative icons is simply a matter of using ResEdit on the ICONs
in your current Finder.

From: DDUNHAM
Subject: RE: Usenet Mac Digest V3 #102 (Re: Msg 24036)
Date: 7-DEC-22:05: Network Digests

 > Why am I the only one to post MPW C bug reports to the net?
 > Am I the only one that finds them?  -- Hardly likely (in spite of
 > the popularity of LightSpeed C).
 We like LightspeedC, not MPW C, that's why.  I still don't think MPW C is
intended to be a Macintosh development system -- why such crummy support for
the toolbox?  (Glue to translate strings [which you've gotten from resources
_anyway_] is not good support.)

From: PEABO
Subject: RE: Usenet Mac Digest V3 #102 (Re: Msg 24094)
Date: 7-DEC-23:06: Network Digests

In version 2.0, you don't have to use the string-translating glue.  However,
having painted themselves into a compatibility corner, they are stuck with this
pitiful all-upper-case naming convention for the rationalized glue.

peter

------------------------------

From: DDUNHAM
Subject: memory upgrades
Date: 8-DEC-22:04: Hardware & Peripherals

If I expand my Mac II from 2Mb to 5Mb, is there any way I can pop the extra 1Mb
worth of SIMMs into a Plus, to expand it to 2Mb?  (Trying to figure if I should
buy more hardware this tax year...)

------------------------------

From: HALL
Subject: RE: memory upgrades (Re: Msg 24103)
Date: 9-DEC-02:02: Hardware & Peripherals

No.

Brian ;-)

------------------------------

From: GDUDEK
Subject: MIDI & 31K baud
Date: 9-DEC-00:22: Programming

  I'd like to send MIDI information out via my modem port.  MIDI uses 31K baud
rate though.  Anybody know how I get this?  As far as I can tell, commercial
MIDI software write to the serial port *without* using either WRITE or CONTROL
OS traps.
  Greg Dudek

End of Delphi Mac Digest
-------