Date: Tue, 26 Jan 88 19:12:51 +0100
From: Olivier JANSSENS DE BISTHOVEN
From: <VC09%BUCLLN11.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: Journaling Mechanism

I want implement my own Journalling Device Driver, but i have some
problem to make it. I search a good example written in C for help.
     Thanks...

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 28 Jan 88 13:20 EST
From: <BELSLEY%BCVMS.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu> (DAVID A. BELSLEY)
Subject: MacTerminal in background?

Does anyone know if there are any plans to release a new version of
MacTerminal that allows for Multifinder activities such as background
downloading and the like?

david a. belsley
boston college          belsley@bcvax3.bitnet

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1988 16:56 CST
From: Revised List Processor (1.5m)
From: <LISTSERV%RICE.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 88 16:44:31 CST
From: CB Lih <CL06076@UAFSYSB>
Subject: yacc & lex

Greetings,
   A client of mine has asked me if there exist Mac equivalents for the UNIX
utilities: yacc and lex.  He uses them on UTS (our unixalike) and assumes
they are available for Mac programming.  I don't know what they are but I
told him I'd ask. So... do they exist?  How can he get them?
                 Thanks,

      =---> CB <---=
"The Mac Guy"
User Services -> Computing Services -> University of Arkansas -> Fayetteville
BITNET CL06076@UAFSYSB
"We're all Bozos on this bus."

------------------------------

Date: Fri 29 Jan 1988 02:37 CDT
From: Nihar Gokhale <MMAR013%ECNCDC.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: Info on MPW (general)

A friend of mine needs some info on the Macintosh Programmer's Workshop.
Are there any previous articles about MPW archived somewhere?  Please
send e-mail, I will summarize.

Thanks

------------------------------

Subject: file transfer and TACs
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 88 13:01:54 -0500
From: John Robinson <jr@LF-SERVER-2.BBN.COM>

 Date: Fri 22 Jan 88 23:42:28-EST
 From: Mark McCall <MCCALL@RADC-TOPS20.ARPA>

 I wish to solicit help in using Kermit through a TAC (Terminal Access
 Controller) on the Arpanet.  I am using Red Ryder through a TAC to a DEC System
 20 and am having no luck at all.  Some of my associates have experienced
 similar problems going through the TAC but could not help me with my MAC
 problems.

The problem is that TACs aren't transparent to "normal" characters.
In particular, the TAC intercepts the character @ and everything after
it up to a carriage return.  To avoid this, you have to redefine the
intercept character, or disable it completely.  Refer to the TAC
User's Guide; I believe you type:

 @ i NNN

 where NNN is the decimal character code you wish to be the new
intercept character.  I expect that setting the intercept to some
little-used control characer like control-] (029) will work.  To set
it back to @, you say

 control-] i e

There may be further problems with flow control.  The TAC has a mode
where it will control the terminal (Mac) if it can't keep up.  If the
file transfer program will accept and act on XOFF/XON flow control,
this should be enabled (@f i s).  Normal TAC configuration is for flow
control of the TAC by the user, but not vice versa.  Since the TAC
doesn't support flow control in both directions at once, you may be
stuck.  The other related commands: @f i e (input flow-control end),
@f o s and @f o e (output flow-control start and end).

/jr
jr@bbn.com or jr@bbn.uucp

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 31 Jan 88 01:31 EST
From: <EE2Y%CRNLVAX5.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: Review of some games

Date:     Fri, 29 Jan 88 17:11 EST
From: <EE2Y%CRNLVAX5.BITNET@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU>
Subject:  New games on Mac
To: infomac@sumex-aim.stanford.edu

My impressions of several new games for the Macintosh:

Crystal Quest:  Very good action/shoot-em-up game.  Great digitized sounds,
                challenging, fast-paced, and in dazzling color on the Mac II.
                If any of you have played Crystal Raider, the shareware
                version, this is better, especially on a Mac SE or II which
                has the ABD mouse which is more precise.

Apache Strike:  Great game, probably my current favorite.  You're a helicopter
                pilot in about 1997 whose mission is to destroy the Enemy's
                (ie- Soviet Union's) SDI computer systems.  You see a 3-D
                view of your helicopter flying in downtown Russian cities,
                weaving in and out of skyscrapers with walkways connecting
                them, which makes for challenging flying!  You're heli is
                armed with bullets and missiles.  You have to first get past
                the enemy helicopters and tanks before wiping out the SDI
                computer.  From Silicon Beach (makers of Dark Castle, Airborne,
                Super Paint).

Falcon:         Intriguing fighter flight simulator.  As close to realism on
                the Mac as you can get.  You fly your F-16, trying to shoot
                down enemy MiGS.  There are 10 missions, and you can be any
                of 5 ranks.  Fun, but difficult, to play.

Of the above, all run on the Mac+ and Mac SE, while Crystal Quest & Falcon run
on the Mac II.

Brian Campbell
Cornell Univ.
ee2y@crnlvax5.ccs.cornell.edu

------------------------------

Date: SAT, 6 FEB 1988 02:16 JST
From: RIKADAI COMPUTER RESEARCH ASSOCIATION
From: <CL3156%JPNSUT30.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: RE:JWP ON THE MAC

I WAS LATE FOR SENDING MAIL , BECAUSE I WAS BUSY WITH A REGULAR EXAMINATION.
I DO NOT KNOW LASERWRITER.
THERE IS PROBABLY NOT DEMO VERSION , BECAUSE THERE IS NOT DEMO VERSION
FOR ANY SOFT IN JAPAN.
I DO NOT USE EGWORD , BUT I WOULD HEAR THAT EGWORD IS NOT GOOD,AND
DO NOT CONFORM TO APPLE INTERFACE GUIDELINES.
DO YOU KNOW EGBOOK ?
EGBOOK IS JAPANESE DTP FROM ERGOSOFT , IT IS USED UNDER KANJITALK.
IT IS NOT SUPPORTED LASERWRITER.
IF YOU USE JAPANESE , ONCE YOU SHOULD USE MORE UNDER KANJITALK.
KANJITALK IS PROBABLY DISTRIBUTED FROM APDA.

ERGOSOFT'S ADDRESS
  2-5 MOTOAKASAKA 1-CHOME MINATOKU TOKYO JAPAN
  TEL 03-478-2234
THERE IS ERGOSOFT SUPPORT FORUM IN NIFTY-SERVE,WHICH IS CONNECTED COMPU-SERVE.

MY ID (JPH173@JPNSUT30) WAS DISAPPEARED AT 1/30
IF YOU MAIL ME , PLEASE MAIL CL3156@JPNSUT30 (CLUB ID).

I COULD NOT SEND MAIL TO LMTABLEWS@UCSD

------------------------------

Date: 5 Feb 88 13:28:50 EST
From: Roberto.Amadio@G.GP.CS.CMU.EDU
Subject: IEEE/ACM format with Mac?

Is there anybody out there who kows how to print out a paper in the  format
with two columns used in the proceedings of the IEEE Conferences?
Any reference would be highly appreciated.
				thanks, Roberto
					(amadio@g).

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 06 Feb 88 10:49:28 SET
From: Alexander Falk <K360950%AEARN.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: IMAGEWRITER LQ & WORD 3.01

HELLO EVERYBODY,
I'VE FOUND AN ANNOYING BUG WITH WORD 3.01 AND THE IMAGEWRITER LQ PRINTER:
EVERYTIME YOU USE THE MATHEMATICAL TYPESETTING FEATURES, IT LOOKS OK ON
THE SCREEN AND ON THE LASER, BUT ON A LQ WORD INSERTS SOME MORE SPACES
BEFORE EACH FRACTION AND THE RIGTH MARGIN BECOMES SCRAMBLED...
IS THERE A NEW VERSION OF WORD AVAILABLE? I'VE SENT IN MY REGISTRATION
CARD, BUT HAVE NOT BEEN NOTIFIED OF ANY UPDATES SO FAR...
MICROSOFT, ARE YOU LISTENING?

ALEXANDER

------------------------------

Date: 6 Feb 1988 15:23-EST
Sender: ZAKAR@A.ISI.EDU
Subject: Format of SERD Resource
From: ZAKAR@A.ISI.EDU

I would like to have my own driver controlling the modem port.  I assume
this means that I have to write a SERD resource and override the one in
the (128K) ROM.  Can someone give me information on the format of a SERD
resource?  Better yet, can someone tell me that I don't have to write a
SERD resource and tell me how to use my own .AIn and .AOut drivers?

Thanks
Joe Zakar

Zakar at A.ISI.EDU

------------------------------

Date: Thu 17 Dec 87 09:20:22-GMT
From: Jeff Shulman <SHULMAN@SDR>
Subject: Arts&Farces Review Dec 87 (in 3 parts)

[ Uploaded from Delphi by Jeff Shulman ]

Name: ARTS & FARCES REVIEW -- DEC '87
Date: 15-DEC-1987 22:22 by ARTSFARCES

This is the Arts & Farces Review for December 1987.  It's in MicroFilm
format and as such requires MicroFilm Reader V1.0 or later for use.

[archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>ARTS-FARCES-DEC87-PART1.HQX
[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>ARTS-FARCES-DEC87-PART2.HQX
[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>ARTS-FARCES-DEC87-PART3.HQX

- Lance ]

------------------------------

Date: Thu 28 Jan 88 09:37:56-GMT
From: Jeff Shulman <SHULMAN@SDR>
Subject: Delphi Mac Digest V4 #2

Delphi Mac Digest     Thursday, January 28, 1988      Volume 4 : Issue 2

Today's Topics:
     ImageWriter/AppleTalk (3 messages)
     HyperCard/Easy Access mismatch (3 messages)
     RETURN FROM INTERUPT (2 messages)
     Print 11 x 17 Paper
     Help with Kanji Talk
     RE: Help Kanji Talk
     RE: LSC, function pointers, and segments
     RE: DNA and protein sequence analysis?
     re: LightSpeed C gripes
     Memory
     re: MultiFinder & DAs (2 messages)
     Mapping Software
     HELP (2 messages)
     Disk Initialization of foreign drives
     Universal Cut&Paste? (3 messages)
     RE: About box searches??
     RE: cheap spreadsheet?
     Using Sound
     RE: re: MultiFinder & DAs
     Re: Re: Suitcase versus Font/DA Juggler
     MultiFinder and RamStart (2 messages)
     Bidirectionality?
     more FullWrite bugs (3 messages)
     Word Perfect

[archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>DELPHIV4-02.ARC

- Lance ]

End of INFO-MAC Digest