Date: Thu, 29 Dec 88 12:14 EST
From: Larry Martin <LGMartin@dockmaster.arpa>
Subject: Apple MAC IIs

I have 2 questions concerning the MAC:  (1) Concerning DES encryption,
is there an ISO or MICRONYX capability?  (2) Is source code available
for automatic password generation such as the type used on DOCKMASTER?
Please reply directly to LGMartin -at DOCKMASTER.ARPA.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Dec 88 10:07:31 EST
From: "Drew M. Powles" <dpowles@ccd.bbn.com>
Subject: GIF

Is there any program which can run on a plus or an SE that can
convert GIF format to PICT format?  I can only find giffer, and that
of course only runs on a MAC II.

thanks!
dmp

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Dec 88 14:27:06 EST
From: ephraim@think.com
Subject: MockPackage 4.3.4

The archived versions of CE Software's MockPackage are over two
years old, so they're probably not current :-).  Here's version
4.3.4, straight off the BCS distribution.

[Archived as <INFO-MAC>DA-MOCKPACKAGE-434-PART1.HQX through PART3]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 28 Dec 88 21:29:15 EST
From: Alan Stein <STEIN%UCONNVM.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: Pagemaker/Works Problem

  Pagemaker seems to garble the beginning of Microsoft Works word
processor files when the new Works (version 2.0) is used.
  Has anyone else run into this problem?  Anyone with a fix for it?

Alan H. Stein    Department of Mathematics
The University of Connecticut at Waterbury
32 Hillside Avenue, Waterbury, CT 06710
(203) 757-1231

Internet: stein%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu
BITNET:   STEIN@UCONNVM
UUCP:    {rutgers psuvax1 ucbvax & in Europe mcvax} !UCONNVM.BITNET!STEIN
Compu$erve: 71545,1500       Genie:  ah.stein

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 30 Dec 88 01:04:58 EST
From: sundar@wheaties.ai.mit.edu (Sundar Narasimhan)
Subject: Question about 4-dimension database (1.0.6)

No matter what I do I cannot get an included layout to actually
display the fields in a subfile on the screen. I have tried
multi-line, full-page settings, and different printing formats.

If this is not the right list I should be sending this to, please
could you tell me where I can send this to?

Here's the scenario:
	I have a file called main which has a subfile say maininclude
	I have a layout for main called mainfull.

	In this layout I have an included layout for maininclude
	(which can contain multiple records). This layout is called
	say maininfull. (When I included it all I get in the layout
	window is just a rectangle, saying the file name
	"maininclude"...Is this right?)

	When I try displaying a record which should have a subrecord
	since I created it by
		create record(main)
		create subrecord(maininclude)
		... set some fields...
		save record
	nothing shows in the area designated for the included layout.

	Even if the included layout doesn't show, why don't I get to
	see at least the header, and footer? No rectangle or scrollbar
	appears !!!

Very puzzled. 4'd documentation could really use some work!
-Sundar

ps. also, is there a quicker way of testing the above than the
somewhat tedious process I have been using of saving the layout,
switching to the user environment and then coming back? (This is
annoying because 4-d saves away all the design info and doesn't
restore your design state to where you were).

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Dec 88 09:37:19 -0500
From: Alan Dahlbom <adahlbom@government-center.bbn.com>
Subject: ResTools 3.20

Sorry to hear that the copy of ResTools has been corrupted. Here is a
replacement. This is a slightly newer version (bug fixes, etc), version
3.20 as 3.00 has aged somewhat.

[Archived as <INFO-MAC>UTILITY-RESTOOLS-32.HQX]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Dec 88 13:08:52 EST
From: Francis Taylor <narf@gertie.media.mit.edu>
Subject: two questions

I'm working on a program that runs in the background under
Multifinder, that reads commands from another computer via an RS-232
connection, and plays sounds out the speaker.  It works really well,
but I have two questions:

- how do I get my program to put itself in the background?  Currently
I have to manually put it in the background by clicking on another window.

- does there exist code to play MacRecorder format files?  I currently
can play 'snd ' resources using PlaySnd(), but they're too small.

------------------------------

Date: 30 DEC 88 00:54-
From: JJW7384%RITVAX.BITNET@CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL.EDU
Subject: Used Macs

Has anyone had any dealings with Sun Remarketing? We are looking to buy
a small quantity of used mac pluses and would be interested in any other
reputable sources of used mac equipment.

BTW, how well does a Lisa run under MacWorks (as a Mac XL)? I understand
that they are widely available too....

Thanks,

Jeff Wasilko
BITNET:     jjw7384@ritvax
INTERNET:   jjw7384%ritvax.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu
                               OR
            jjw7384%ritvax.bitnet@cornell.cit.cornell.edu
UUCP:       {psuvax1, mcvax}!ritvax.bitnet!JJW7384

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 28 Dec 88 21:29:15 EST
From: FBARTON
Subject: Virus RX 1.3a2
Approximate # of Bytes: 66780

This is version 1.3a2 of Apple's Virus Rx which will seek out Scores, nVIR,
and the recently discovered Hpat/INIT 32 resources. Short document is included
in this StuffIt file. PLEASE read prior to running Virus Rx. These files were
compressed using StuffIt 1.5.1 and are stored as a complete folder. Keywords:
Apple,Virus,SCORES,nVIR,Hpat,INIT 32

[Archived as <INFO-MAC>VIRUS-RX-13A2]

End of Info-Mac Digest