Date: Sun, 15 Jan 1989 15:08:50 PST
From: The Moderators <Info-Mac-Request@sumex-aim.stanford.edu>
Subject: Administrivia

New additions to the archive:

/help                      --   new directory to contain all sorts of
                                administrative stuff. For example:
/help/recent-files.txt     --   lists all of the files added or modified in
                                the past two weeks. Similar to 00dir.recent
                                in the old archive on sumex-2060.
/virus/virus-rx-14a1.hqx   --   the latest version. Finds Hpat and Init 29
                                viruses.
/tn/sound-docs-part1.hqx   --   three part MSWord document from Apple.
                                Replaces Sound Manager chapter in IMV.

Is anyone out there in Bitnet land able to access new files like these from
the Bitnet servers?

There has been some confusion over the copyright notices attached to the
Adobe screen fonts. Info-Mac has permission to redistribute these fonts.
You may download them freely, but may not redistribute them yourself without
getting permission from Adobe.

Bill Lipa
Info-Mac

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 15 Jan 89 13:56:07 PST
From: chris%hobbes@lbl.gov (Christopher Moll)
Subject: 3D graphing program

	The following is a program to generate three dimensional
graphs of mathematical functions.  The graphs can be displayed
>From any angle and shaded.  It was originally written several
years ago to demonstrate the number-crunching abilities of the
Mac, but I've updated it since.  There are two versions, one of
which uses the 6888x.  This is freeware; do anything with it but
sell it.

	Send comments etc. to
		Christopher Moll
		chris@hobbes.lbl.gov
		(415)843-2437

[Archived as /info-mac/app/3d-graph-part1.hqx through part4]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 15 Jan 89 13:22 CST
From: Youhei Morita (Univ. of Tsukuba) <MORITA%FNAL.BITNET@uicvm.uic.edu>
Subject: ASLEdit+ V-1.0/a3

Here's a tiny text editor, ASLEdit+ V1.0a3 written by Mr.Hiroo Yamada, which I
downloaded from NIFTY serve.  Both standalone application and DA version are
included.  There's nothing fancy as an English text editor.  However, it's the
*first* freeware editor which is capable of editing Japanese two-byte
characters (Kanji Code). It also comes with ASLFont+, a fixed width character
set like the Monaco font.  Probably its optimal use is the communication in
Japanese.  By using ASLFont+, Zenkaku (Fullwidth) and Hankaku (Halfwidth)
characters properly appears on the screen.  Needs BinHex 4 and StuffIt to
decode.

I've got an explicit permission from the author to post this code here.
Here's some excerption from the packed ReadMe document.  Enjoy!

--- ASLEdit+ version 1.0/a3 Release Notes Hiroo Yamada 12/24/88 ---

This is a first release of tiny Editor called ASLEdit+,Kanji Talk
compatible Kanji Editor for Japanese.
ASLEdit+ is written in THINK's LightspeedC 3.0 and Capp's Prime
Editor Construction Set.

ASLEdit+1.0/a3 is Freeware,You may upload or distribute this software
as non-profit basis.
If you upload ASLEdit+ to somewhere,would you please give me a mail ?

* ASLEdit+ features

- Supports both Application (ASLEdit+) and DA (ASLEdit+/DA)
- Up to 32 files may be open at one time
- Files of any size may be edited,provided that there is room in memory
  (current version has limitation of maximum line number < 32768)
- Block of text can be shifted left or right (4 character at a time)
- Typing,shifting,and cut and paste actions may be undo and redo
- Extensive search and replace functionality,including multi-file search,
  and grep search and replace.
- Printer support for Imagewriters and Laserwriters,including printing
  from last to first page on the laserwriter.
  (LW II doesn't need last page feature,will fix later release)

Do you need instructions ?
You had better to purchase LightspeedC 3.0 and Capp's Prime Editor
Construction Set if you are interested in ASLEdit+. It's worth paying for!

[Archived as /info-mac/app/asledit+.hqx  123K]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 89 17:46 MST
From: GASick%UNCAMULT.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu
Subject: Guardian, Disktop and Autoblack incompatibility

 Following up on my claim that the Autoblack screen dimmer is
incompatible with SUM Guardian in a recent digest, John Salmento pointed
out to me that it does work OK.  I just went back to check my claim.
The problem I described actually requires AutoBlack and the DiskTop INIT
**together** to cause Guardian to fail.  Neither one alone seems to
cause the problem.  I'm glad to find this out because I can live without
the DiskTop INIT, but do find AutoBlack and Guardian to be very useful.
 -- Gordon Sick

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 15 Jan 89 16:41:13 EST
From: swerling@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ace Swerling)
Subject: SE/30 info

I saw on the cover of the latest issue of MacWeek a stack that's being
distributed by Apple at MacWorld that describes the new features of the Mac
SE/30.  I was wondering if there was any way that I could get this stack.  I
figured that it was something that you could post.  I'm sure that there are
alot of people who would be interested in it.  Thanks.

-Ace

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 15 Jan 89 12:45 EDT
From: Jeffrey Shulman <SHULMAN@sdr.slb.com>
Subject: VirusDetective 2.0

VirusDetective is a DA for tracking down viruses (or any resources) in files.
You specify the resource type and optionally its size, name, id or size
range.  Once the offending resource is found it can optionally be removed
>From the file (use this feature with caution).  The user can update the
search list at any time.  Shareware.

Version 2.0 adds single file searching, auto disk searching, Show Info
command, new searches, commented search strings, friendlier interface and
more!

                                                        Jeff

uucp:     ...rutgers!yale!slb-sdr!shulman
CSNet:    SHULMAN@SDR.SLB.COM
Delphi:   JEFFS
GEnie:    KILROY
CIS:      76136,667
MCI Mail: KILROY

[Archived as /info-mac/virus/virus-detective-20.hqx   57K]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 89 20:23:47 PST
From: Paul Romaniuk <PROMAN%UVVM.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: XCMDs for CD-ROM drive

The "Audio CD Demo" stack contains 10 XCMDs for controlling the play of
audio CD disks from HyperCard using Apple's CD SCSI drive.  In addition to
playing audio CDs, you can randomly access any point on the disk, play a
specific, small section of the disk, retrieve detailed status and addressing
information, etc.  The XCMDs are fully functional, but will only work in this
demo stack.  Information for purchasing the unprotected XCMDs is included.
Comments, bug reports etc. can be passed directly to me.

[Archived as /info-mac/hypercard/audio-cd-demo.hqx   45K]

End of Info-Mac Digest