Info-Mac-Request@SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU (The Moderators) (09/29/89)

Info-Mac Digest             Thu, 28 Sep 89       Volume 7 : Issue 173

Today's Topics:
                     "server" for scanner, CD rom
               ./hypercard/xcmd/Dartmouth-31-part1.hqx
                        AI software for macs?
               Cal 3.02, a network calendar part 1 of 3
                                CD ROM
                            Contour81 V1.1
                Ethernet Problems -- Dove Board Recall
                    Excel 2.2/Moire/SE30 problems
              Hiding Windows Under Multi-Finder (query)
                        Idealiner version 3.0
                     International shipping of SE
                             Labanotation
                  laserwriter page limiting and such
                         Macintosh Passwords
                Measuring Reaction Times with the ADB
                          Microsoft Fortran
                            Mug Shot 1.00
          Needed AFM files for Times, Palatino, or Helvetica
                          nVIR infection...
                      Please post to info-mac...
            Presentation Graphics, and 35mm slide printers
                       Public University MacLab
                            Resedit Notes
                  Review of NIST anti-virus paper...
                              SCSI Probe
                            SUN-Mac users
              TeX for the Mac; an un-GIFfer that works?
                              United 1.0

Your Info-Mac Moderators are Bill Lipa, Lance Nakata, and Jon Pugh.

[36.44.0.6].  Help files are in /info-mac/help.  Indicies are in
/info-mac/help/recent-files.txt and /info-mac/help/all-files.txt.

Date: Thu, 28 Sep 89 15:17:08 CDT
From: tonyb@saintjoe.edu (Tony Balas)
Subject: "server" for scanner, CD rom

I was wondering if anyone out there knows if there is a way (some type of device)
to let a number of macs share a device like a scanner or CD rom.  I'm thinking
of something that would act as a "scanner" server, in effect.  We have a number
of mac IIs that we would like to connect to our CD rom and scanner.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Tony Balas
Saint Joseph's College
Rensselaer, Indiana

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 Sep 89 11:52:07 MST
From: Bruce Long <ICBAL%ASUACAD.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: ./hypercard/xcmd/Dartmouth-31-part1.hqx

Here is version 3.1 of the Dartmouth XCMD stack, containing 36
useful XCMDs for HyperCard.  Archived in four parts.

[Archived as /info-mac/hypercard/xcmd/dartmouth-31-part1.hqx; 150K
             /info-mac/hypercard/xcmd/dartmouth-31-part2.hqx; 150K
             /info-mac/hypercard/xcmd/dartmouth-31-part3.hqx; 130K]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 27 Sep 89 16:03:11 EDT
From: rlm%dawn.hampshire.edu@cunyvm.cuny.edu
Subject: AI software for macs?

We've installed a cluster of 8 Mac IICx's, each with 5 megs of
memory and a 30 med hard drive.  We'd like to make Lisp and Prolog
available on each one, and would like to know what experience people
have had with various Mac Lisp and Prolog systems.  Price is
definitely a factor!

I'll summarize for the list if people respond directly to me.

Thanks.

Richard Muller
rmuller%hampvms.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu
rlm@dawn.hampshire.edu

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 Sep 89 03:07:16 PDT
From: oster%SOE.Berkeley.EDU@jade.berkeley.edu (David Phillip Oster)
Subject: Cal 3.02, a network calendar part 1 of 3

This is Cal 3.02. It is a calendar desk accessory suitable for
solo use or for shared use over a Appleshare or TOPs network.

It is a permanent calendar, for any year covered by our
current calendar. It handles the fact that 2000 is not a
leap year but 1900 is (the division by 400 rule.)
You may associate up to 32k of text with any day.

Cal has on-line help, just press the Help button in the
About box. It also tells you which day of the year this is
and the number of days remaining in the year.

Text is stored in a calendar database consisting of one
master folder. Inside the master folder is a separate
folder for each year, inside that up to 12 folders, one
for each month, and inside that are up to 31 text files,
one for each day. Since each text message is any separate
file, people can change different parts of the database
simultaneously without fear.

You may have many calendar databases, just use the Open
button to select the one you want to use. Cal remembers
it, so you start up using that one next time.

Cal periodically checks to see if other programs have
changed the calendar database, so it can be used on a
network.

If you write protect a calendar database in the Finder,
then only you will be able to change that calendar database.

Also in this posting is a companion program, "Calendar Tools",
which can convert calendar files from my earlier "Calendar"
program. It can also pack an entire calendar database into
a single text file for maintenance. In fact, it can convert
>From any of the three formats to any of the three formats.
Calendar Tools can also set Cal's week to begin on any day,
for you users outside the U.S.

Cal is shareware.

Don't pay if you don't use Cal. If you do use it, but just don't
like it, pay and complain, and I'll do my best to resolve your
complaints in my next version. If you use it, and like it, please
send money and praise.

CE Software's Calendar Maker program can import old Calendar
data files, so you can print with that, for the moment.

David Phillip Oster
Mosaic Codes
Suite 2036
2140 Shattuck Ave
Berkeley, CA 94704

--- David Phillip Oster
Arpa: oster@dewey.soe.berkeley.edu 	oster@well.com
Uucp: {uwvax,decvax}!ucbvax!{sun,lll-crg}!well!oster

[Archived as /info-mac/da/cal-302.hqx; 75K]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 28 Sep 89 11:28:59 EDT
From: Anup Patel <patel@mitre.mitre.org>
Subject: CD ROM

Has anyone tried to use the Apple CD-ROM player under high-sierra format?

I just installed the drive on my SE/30, and in the package, there was an offer
>From Apple for users of the drive to receive a "ISO/High Sierra System software"
free.  (This offer valid until 9/15/88)

I would like to be able to access info on a Apple CD-ROM while under SoftPC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anup Patel
The MITRE Corp.
patel@mitre.arpa

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Sep 89 17:45:21 EDT
From: roberk@mars.njit.edu (kozlowski robert)
Subject: Contour81 V1.1

Contour81 is a three-dimensional contouring program for the Mac II. It can draw plan view contour plots and three-dimensional surface representations.
It supports the 68881 coprocessor and Mac II color. Contour81 can save files
in PICT, DXF or TEXT formats.

bob kozlowski - rxk9228%njitx.decnet@njitc.njit.edu

[Archived as /info-mac/app/contour81-11.hqx; 198K]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 28 Sep 89 20:55:18 PLT
From: Joshua Yeidel <YEIDEL%WSUVM1.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: Ethernet Problems -- Dove Board Recall

For your information:  Dove has asked us to return our FastNet/SE boards
for an "upgrade" which they believe might be related to the intermittent
Ethernet problems we have been experiencing.  My understanding is that
Dove is recalling boards that were shipped to others, too (but I didn't
personally talk to Dove, so I might have that wrong).

By the way, the problem affected NCSA Telnet as well as Brown tn3270 --
which is not exactly surprising, since they share the same network
interface drivers -- but then, with so many different pieces of software
sharing memory, problems with just about anything can masquerade
as problems with just about anything else.  (That's the kind of sentence
one writes after struggling with intermittent network errors for weeks).

If anything else interesting comes up, I'll let you know.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1989 14:31:12 PDT
From: Carl Madson <madson@unix.sri.com>
Subject: Excel 2.2/Moire/SE30 problems

Has anyone else run across problems with Excel 2.2 and the Moire screensaver
on an SE/30? I got into the 'saver last night, and came back to the desktop
with no Excel menus (and no way of forcing a response, even via command keys).
A second try after reboot caused a bomb box to appear. I then tried other
programs, including Word 4.0, with no problems.

What gives? [The Excel boys not talking to the Word boys?]

		--Carl Madson, SRI International, Menlo Park, CA

------------------------------

Date: 27 Sep 89 22:59:00 EDT
From: "Charles E. Bouldin" <bouldin@sed.ceee.nist.gov>
Subject: Hiding Windows Under Multi-Finder (query)

I have heard that a future release of MF will automatically hide the windows
of inactive applications when you do a context switch. Is there a PD Init or
some other bolt on that will do this now. I like MF, now that I have my
4 megs, but all those windows get distracting. Plus, I can never get to the
trash can.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 Sep 89 19:23:29 EDT
From: gall@nexus.yorku.ca (Norman R. Gall)
Subject: Idealiner version 3.0

Here's the latest version of idealiner from GEnie.

Good outliner and has more features than the previous incarnations.
Well worth it.

[Archived as /info-mac/app/idealiner-30.hqx; 125K]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 28 Sep 89 18:27:01 +0100
From: borton@fwi.uva.nl
Subject: International shipping of SE

In comp.sys.mac.digest you write:

>I will be leaving in a couple of weeks for 3 months in Austria, and I
>need to take my SE (2 floppy with an external hard disk).  I had seen
>advertisements for a hard cover container much like people ship video
>equipment to be used for shipping as baggage on the airplane.
>Unfortunately,  I have misplaced the information now that I am ready
>to use it.  Does anyone know the phone number of a company selling
>such containers?  Alternatively, does anyone have other ideas about
>safely taking my SE with me (I will be carrying the hard disk so it
>isn't a problem)?

I have shipped a Mac Plus and a Mac SE in their original containers to
Hannover and Amsterdam (respectively) via Emery Express.  Within 1 week
service for both the Mac and the printer was about $120.

-cbb
--
Chris Borton	borton@fwi.uva.nl
Mac Developer & AppleTalk Network Administrator, University of Amsterdam CS

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 25 Sep 89 18:50 MDT
From: McGuire%UNCAMULT.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu
Subject: Labanotation

Anyone know of any Hypercard stax or other Mac programs that enable one
to learn, teach, generate, translate Labanotation?  Its a graphic
notation used in dance.

If I can't get ahold of something, I'll generate my own stax.

Please send mail direct to me if you know of something, or would be
interested in such a program.

I'll summarize and post here.

Thanks for your help.

Mary McGuire

"Just call me Mac Dancer"

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 28 Sep 89 18:22:04 MDT
From: vturner@nmsu.edu
Subject: laserwriter page limiting and such

In Info-Mac #170, Bob B. Funchess asked about some postscript code to
limit the number of pages in a doc.  Richard Silverman from Wesleyan
university posted an ftp site for this some time ago on the net (I
can't remember where).  I liked the code very much, but had two
questions for Richard.  I tried to e-mail him and got no response.  A
programmer hacked a solution to the first thing I will ask, but I'm
still trying to accomplish the second.

The first was that my supervisor loved the idea of a modified laser
prep file, but wanted to be exempted from the page limit or copy
limit.

Although probably not the most graceful solution in the world, the
programmer set up a string in the program to look for various user
names, and then exempt them.

My idea was to just check for maybe 2 spaces at the end of a chooser
name, then exempt them.  If anyone knows how to do this, input would
be appreciated.

The second was to change the text file I got from Richard (originally
probably a DeRezed LaserPrep file) back to a LaserPrep to have the
LaserWriter download it automatically.  I thought MPW could do a
build, but I really don't have a clue as to how to use the thing.
Again, any input would be appreciated.

As for the location of what Richard Silverman called modlprep, it is
available via annonymous ftp from annas.wesleyan.edu.  I just tried to
ftp to there again, but am having difficulty (as I did when I
initially tried to get it) connecting to it.  Chances are the problem
is on that end.

Sorry to give the ftp site last, but if I had given it first, noone
would have read my problem.  If anyone is interested in the modified
modlprep I already have, I can be reached at the mail address
above/below this posting.

Thanks in advance,
and Hope this helped,

Vaughan

------------------------------

Date: 27 Sep 89 20:48:59 GMT
From: Aaron David Herskowitz <aaronh@ms.uky.edu>
Subject: Macintosh Passwords

	I am currently looking for a program that will make it possible
to have a "password" system on a Macintosh SE.  We have a problem of people
using the Mac that should not be, and are looking for a program that will
not let anyone to the desktop without typing thier account/password.

	Has anyone ever heard of something of this nature?  Is there a PD
program like this, or one that we could purchase?

	Also, recently I saw a program called "VirexGuard" that would check
a diskette for a virus no matter what program you were running (MicroSoft
Word, Excel, PageMaker, etc...) or even from the desktop.  This program cost about
$100 and I was wondering if there was a PD program like this.  Someone
mentioned Gatekeeper to me, but I was not sure if it would run when you
were in a different program.

Any suggestions/ideas would be of great help.
Aaron

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 28 Sep 89 15:46 PDT
From: MDIEHR%HMCVAX.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu
Subject: Measuring Reaction Times with the ADB

I'm writing a psychology experiment that measures reaction times (RTs) to
various stimuli by measuring the time it takes for a person to type a key
on the keyboard.  I remember reading somewhere that the ADB keyboards had
a +/- 16 millisecond random error between keypress and detection by the
mac.
Questions:
1) Where did I read about it?  Is there a tech note discussing it?
2) If the ADB is not suitable (I would like +/- 1 millisecond timing accuracy
   if possible), are there any relatively inexpensive IO boxes (i.e. around
   $100) that would allow me attach a few buttons?  I have a National
   Instruments catalog, but their cheapest starts around $600.
3) How about hooking some switches to the SCC (the modem or printer ports)
   and using the handshaking lines as 1-bit inputs...where do I find the
   documentation for sensing this in software?
4) If you have any other suggestions...please mail me.  I will summarize

thanks alot
Mike Diehr

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 28 Sep 89 23:21 EDT
From: Doug Hardie <Hardie@DOCKMASTER.NCSC.MIL>
Subject: Microsoft Fortran

Microsoft Fortran was developed by Absoft.  Some time ago, Microsoft
notified me that Absoft was now distributing a new version that I was
able to obtain at a discount.  It is version 2.4 and it is a reasonable
improvement over the earlier versions.  The improvements that were made
are helpful, but they didn't carry that level of improvement to all the
parts of the package.  The address info from the manual for Absoft is:

   Absoft
   Auburn Hills, MI  48057
   (313)  853-0050

-- Doug

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 18 Sep 89 22:24 EST
From: <PHILLIPS%JHUVMS.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: Mug Shot 1.00

What follows is an excerpt from the documentation included in the

attached file.

Mug Shot is a diagnostic aid for programmers and developers of the
products you use. If a bug or other glitch should occur while using an
application, Mug Shot can be used as a problem description form.

The information provided by Mug Shot includes the Macintosh Model,
processor type, if a Floating Point Processor is available, if Color
QuickDraw is available, the keyboard type, the system version number,
the Apple Talk version (if running), a list of desk accessories, total
memory installed, and a list of CDEVs (control panel devices), INITs
(programs that run at start-up time), and FKEYs (Command-Shift-#). The
date is also included at the very bottom.  For more accurate
information, do not run while using MultiFinder.

[Archived as /info-mac/da/mug-shot.hqx; 32K]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 28 Sep 89 13:41:08 CDT
From: GA0095%SIUCVMB.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu (Robert J. Brenstein)
Subject: Needed AFM files for Times, Palatino, or Helvetica

Does any soul has AFM files for Times, Palatino, Helvetica,
and/or other fonts and could send them over to me over the
Bitnet (GA0095@SIUCVMB) ???  I don't have access to CompuServe
hence I can't download them myself.  Thanks in advance.

Robert

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 25 Sep 89 16:13:20 EDT
From: dmg@lid.mitre.org (David Gursky)
Subject: nVIR infection...

Disinfectant is very good at cleaning out infected applications, and nVIR is a
fairly easy virus to clear up.  The only other suggestion I would have for you
is to make sure either Vaccine or Gatekeeper (I would suggest the latter), be
installed on each system disk you have to prevent reinfection.

Both Vaccine and Gatekeeper are freeware, and available in the Sumex-Aim
archive in Info-Mac/Virus

Disclaimer:  This represents my opinion, and my opinion alone.

David Gursky
Member of the Technical Staff, W-143
Special Projects Department
The MITRE Corporation

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 28 Sep 89 12:43 CDT
From: <BWA6067%TAMVENUS.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: Please post to info-mac...

Help!

I've got another MacProblem that I can't handle.

I have a numerical model I've written in QuickBasic and then compiled.
I'm running on a Mac Plus with 2.5M RAM.  I have DiskLock on standby so
that I can leave the Mac unattended without fear.

Unfortunately, the model takes awhile to run, so I left it overnight.
When I returned the next morning, the HardDisk was locked OK, but the
application (the numerical model) had paused or suspended execution.

I suppose that when the DiskLock DA executes, it puts *everything* on
pause.  Is there any way to disable this, or do I have to pull off the
DiskLock to do it?  And is the same thing true of generic screen savers
like Pyro?  That is, do executing applications suspend even though
calculations are being performed?

MacThanks,

Tnerb

BITNET          BWA6067@TAMAGEN or BWA6067@TAMVENUS
Internet        BWA6067@VENUS.TAMU.EDU

Disclaimer:  I don't even know what I'm talking about--how could anyone
else?

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 15 Sep 89 09:30 EST
From: Thomas R. Blake <TBLAKE%BINGVAXA.BITNET@bingvmc.cc.binghamton.edu>
Subject: Presentation Graphics, and 35mm slide printers

Folks,

    Some time ago I posted a request for information on slide printers and
presentation graphics applications.  At the time I also said I would summarize
for the net.  I am including some of the resulting correspondance.

    I trust the moderator will archive this report so that those not interested
need not be bothered.

                                                Thanks to those who replied
                                                Thomas R. Blake
                                                Lead Programmer/Analyst
                                                Academic Computing
                                                SUNY-Binghamton

[Archived as /info-mac/report/presentation-graphics.txt; 20K]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 27 Sep 89 14:49 CST
From: (null)
Subject: Public University MacLab

I have 2 questions.
1) Thoughts on which is better to use as a file server on a LocalTalk network:
an SE vs SE/30  due to the speed of the LocalTalk will the SE/30 sit idle or
will the processing speed of the SE/30 make a difference?
2) Does anyone know of a product that will allow us to hide our departmental
zones from the public student lab.  We are using a VAX 11/780 as a file server.
The lab has 20 SE computers on a LocalTalk network to a Gatorbox bridge to
ethernet.

Please reply to:
Karen Moncrief
Senior User Services Consultant
Texas Christian University
Box 32883
Fort Worth, Texas  76129
BITNET  MONCRIEF@TCUAVMS
Applelink  U1069

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 27 Sep 89 15:54:05 CDT
From: Francis Fang <ffang@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu>
Subject: Resedit Notes

Does anyone out there in Macland know anything about getting the tech notes
on Resedit (whatever the current version is)?

Also, has anyone logged onto Apple's FTP site recently. I did so today
and couldn't find anything there. Do I have to connect to any specific
subdirectory?

Thanks in advance.
Francis Fang

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 27 Sep 89 15:43:11 EDT
From: dmg@lid.mitre.org (David Gursky)
Subject: Review of NIST anti-virus paper...

Recently, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST,
the successor to the National Bureau of Standards) published a short
paper entitled:  _Computer Viruses and Related Threats: A Management
Guide_.  I have had a chance to read through it, and here are my
comments:

NIST Virus study comments

First and formost, the NIST paper is an excellent, broad summary of knowledge
of prevention measures for "electronic threats".  It does not deal with the
specifics of protecting this system, or that system, but rather looks at two
classes of systems (multi-user and single-user) in two different environments
(stand-alone or networked) and discusses six aspects of the security issue:
General Policies, Software Management, Technical Controls, Monitoring,
Contingency Planning, and Network Concerns.

As much as I want to say this is an excellent paper, I find two flaws that hold
it back:

1 -- The paper is not always consistent in its tone and advice

2 -- Some advice presented in the paper is based on false assumptions

Inconsistency --

The authors of the paper appear to have a problem accepting that any successful
policy to deal with electronic threats must rely on the cooperation of the user
community.  At certain points, it explictly states system managers must
*prevent* users from performing actions of questionable risk altogether, and
later on it states that users can do the same thing under controlled
circumstances.

The problem of electronic threats is *everyone's* problem, and *everyone* must
be part of the solution.  The underlying attitude of the authors seems to be
"users cannot be counted on".  For better or for worse, users *must* be counted
on, and when that is not possible, made accountable.

Other examples of where the authors make one statement, and then back down from
it elsewhere in the paper exist; this is the one that I happen to have picked
up.  By the same token, there are only a few instances of this type of hemming
and hawing.

False Assumptions --

The paper forwards the myth that programs obtained from public sources
(bulletin boards; public network libraries) are inheritely tainted, and that
shareware/freeware/etc. should really be avoided.  Certainly applications
obtained from these sources are riskier, but these risks can be minimized
through careful selection of sources, (i.e. public sources with a large pool of
experienced users feeding from it), by judicious testing of software obtained
>From these sources, and by maintaining an internal library of these
applications.  This last step (completely overlooked by Wack and Carnahan) of
providing users access to shareware from a corporate-sanctioned libraray can go
far in ensuring that applications from riskier, public sources are not brought
into the corporate computing environment.

By the same token, the paper forwards the myth that commercially obtained
applications are inheritly untainted.  The Aldus Freehand infection (among
others) demonstrates that this is clearly not true.

Summary --

Summarizing, I would say this paper is a very good source for technical users
looking to gain information about how to go about addressing the virus problem,
and a good source for corporate managers looking at the same question.  The
paper's inconsistency on the role users must play in a successful anti-virus
strategy, and it's partial reliance on a false assumption hold it back from
being excellent on both counts.

Copies of the NIST paper can be obtained for $2.50 from the U.S.
Government Printing Office, 202.783.3238.  The document is NIST
Special Publication 500-166, GPO #003-003-02955-6.

The opinion expressed in this review is mine, and does not in any way reflect
the official policy of the MITRE Corporation, or any of MITRE's clients.

Please do not redistribute this review without my consent first.

Thank you.

Submitted 27 September 1989

David M. Gursky

Date: Fri, 15 Sep 89 9:25:18 EDT
From: Kenneth Sussmann (PBMA) <sussmann@pica.army.mil>
Subject: SCSI Probe

Here is version 2.01 of the SCSI PRobe cdev. It is used to lsit
devices on the SCSI port as well as allow you to mount additioanl
devices. It lists the type, vendor, product, and version of each
device and its SCSI ID..

[Archived as /info-mac/cdev/scsi-probe.hqx; 5K]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 28 Sep 89 18:29:38 +0100
From: borton@fwi.uva.nl
Subject: SUN-Mac users

In comp.sys.mac.digest you write:

>", as it were.  I am interested in discussing Macs in general but,
>more specifically, I am interested in Macs as they relate to SUNs.
>If some kind soul would gently educate me in the usual direction of
>the discussions here and how SUN-Mac fits in, I would be greatly
>indebted.

What relationship between the Sun and Mac are you interested in discussing?
For example, I have a Sun 4 here that also runs as an AppleShare file server
over a Kinetics FastPath box.  There are other types of application possible;
what are you looking for?

-cbb

Date: Thu, 28 Sep 89 09:44:52 CDT
From: "Lovely Angels Fanatic Cult" <UC528665%UMCVMB.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: TeX for the Mac; an un-GIFfer that works?

==> Is a public-domain version of TeX available for the Mac?  I've seen
    this question come up in the last couple of months, but don't have
    hardcopies that far back.  Even a TeX-to-MacWrite (or, more
    preferably, WriteNow) converter would be fine -- something to save me
    the trouble of converting TeX files by hand.

==> I'm looking for a program (again, PD) to display and (more
    importantly) print GIF files.  There are two such programs in the
    Info-Mac archives, but one's a demo version which doesn't work
    with the files I'm trying to feed it, and the other launches
    but doesn't get anywhere (screen clears, name of program -- which
    escapes me at the moment -- is displayed in the title bar, then I'm
    returned to the desktop).
    I'm trying to run these on an SE; is maybe the problem?  Help,
    hints, suggestions?  (Is frustrating to download for 30 minutes
    -- at 300 baud, given noise in the line -- only to get program
    which doesn't work.)

Thanks in advance!

_craig s. cottingham
 uc528665@umcvmb.missouri.edu

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 18 Sep 89 10:19:54 -0400
From: bills@xait.xerox.com (Bill Stackhouse)
Subject: United 1.0

This is yet another program to combine posted files. This one will strip all
non-BINHEX material from each file and combine the results into a single file.
The program is free but is not to be distributed with anything that is not
also free. There is online help under the Apple menu for moe details.
Bill

[Archived as /info-mac/util/united.hqx; 31K]

End of Info-Mac Digest