Info-Mac-Request@SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU (The Moderators) (11/17/89)

Info-Mac Digest             Thu, 16 Nov 89       Volume 7 : Issue 203

Today's Topics:
    [tommasi@irst.it (Tommasi Franco ) : Studio Session and greek
              Apple TechNote #31 -- The Amazing Dog-Cow
                           Cassette Labeler
                       Does Excel support CL/1?
                          GRASP 3-D toolbox
                        help on mac-vax kermit
                      Illustrator To 35mm slides
                   Info-Mac Digest V7 #198 (2 msgs)
                         KIWIENVELOPES! DEMO
                               mazewars
                        memory upgrade for SE
                 Microwave hops on Localtalk network
                    Oracle and Acius 4th Dimension
                  Programming Problem (Think C 4.0)
                              Scope 1.6
                             SCSI Problem
                               Unbundle
                              Virex 2.0
                 Word 4, ImageWriter and LaserWriter
                     {Grammar analysis resources}

Your Info-Mac Moderators are Bill Lipa, Lance Nakata, and Jon Pugh.

[36.44.0.6].  Help files are in /info-mac/help.  Indicies are in
/info-mac/help/recent-files.txt and /info-mac/help/all-files.txt.

Date: Mon, 13 Nov 89 11:48:19 MET DST
From: tommasi@irst.it (Tommasi Franco )
Subject: [tommasi@irst.it (Tommasi Franco ) : Studio Session and greek

I have questions on two different subjects.

1) Does exist a version of Studio Session that works on an SE/30?
What is the difference between Studio Session and Super Studio Session?
Does the latter run on an SE/30? Does it handle MIDI?

2) I am interested in modern greek translated mac software, especially
word processing related (WP, dictionaries and so on). Could someone inform me
about the existence of something in this field? I would also be glad to
communicate with greek mac users.

Could someone be so kind to help me? (If a direct answer cannot be provided
also pointers are welcome)

Thanks in advance

Franco Tommasi
tommasi@irst.it
Istituto per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica
Povo, Trento - Italy

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Nov 89 13:46:01 PST
From: trewitt@miasma.stanford.edu
Subject: Apple TechNote #31 -- The Amazing Dog-Cow

Now I'm curious.  The latest MacWeek had a blurb about "Bill and Dave's
Excellent CD" and mentioned that it had all of the TechNotes except
#31.  So I think -- aha! that's what that icon is that I see all over
the place.  Upon looking through the info-mac archives on Sumex, I see
that it's not *there* either.  Is this a conspiracy?  Does anyone have
a copy?  Inquiring minds want to know.
	- Glenn

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 7 Nov 89 10:28:37 EST
From: Tom Coradeschi <tcora@pica.army.mil>
Subject: Cassette Labeler

Someone asked me recently for a Cassette Labeling application, and I
couldn't find one in the archives. I downloaded this from the Info-Center
BBS (914) 565-6696. It is old (circa Sept 1986), but it runs OK on an SE/30
under multifinder/sys 6.0.3/backgrounder, so it should be OK on other
machines as well. No version number is available. It was written by Jonathan
Z. Simon and updated by James D. Henderson, at Princeton University. Perhaps
one or the other of these guys reads this net? Is there an updated version
around? Has someone else written a similar app? In stuffed format.

tom c

Bill the Cat sez: "Remember. If some weirdo in a blue suit
                    offers you some MS-DOS. JUST SAY NO!"
ARPA: tcora@pica.army.mil    UUCP:...!{uunet,rutgers}!pica.army.mil!tcora
                             BITNET: Tcora@DACTH01.BITNET

[Archived as /info-mac/app/cassette-labeler.hqx; 61K]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Nov 89 20:30 N
From: <ADEGROOT%HROEUR5.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: Does Excel support CL/1?

Dear Networker,

In some Apple networking and communication guide I read that MS Excel supports
CL/1, the connectivity language.
Because I can't find any kind of reference to this in the (Excel)
manuals I want to ask this on the net.
Who can inform me on this CL/1, SQL interface for Excel?
Things I like to know are for example: how does it work, what SQL statements are
possible, how does it compare with Oracle add-in
for Lotus 1-2-3.

Thanx in advance.

=======================-----------------------------------------------
Ari B.J. de Groot      Erasmus University Rotterdam
                       bitnet  ADEGROOT@HROEARN
=======================-----------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Nov 89 12:23:07 PDT
From: phil morris <pmorris@bbn.com>
Subject: GRASP 3-D toolbox

Hi all:

I have a colleague here that has used a 3-D toolset on a Mac called GRASP
in his previous incarnation.  He believes it to be public domain, but
it's not in info-mac.  Anyone have any clues as to where to look?

Thanks

==========
Phil Morris (pmorris@dgi0.bbn.com)

Disclaimer: ME? I'm only a non-smoking cat; can't believe a word I meow.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Nov 89 09:58:40 PST
From: digiorgi%jplsdc@ipl.jpl.nasa.gov
Subject: help on mac-vax kermit

>Subject: RE: Point to help with VAX/Kermit/Mac ??
>John Stremikis <JRSTREMIKIS@vms.macc.wisc.edu>

Saw your report of difficulties with Kermit binary file movements
between VAX and Macintosh.

I don't have occasion to move just straight binaries from VAX to Mac
very often, but do store lots of MacBinary'ed Mac stuff on the VAX.
The steps I use are:

    launch Versaterm PRO (v3.0 now... )
    use the File menu to set Kermit MacBinary option on
    login to VAX, then
        $kermit
        kermit-32>set file type binary
        kermit-32>rec MacFile.bin !if it isn't a StuffIt file
    now use File menu to select and send files.
        kermit-32>send RetreiveFile.bin !if it isn't a StuffIt file
    now use File menu to receive files.
        kermit-32>^Z
        $logout !from VAX
    Quit from Versaterm PRO

Kermit MacBinary is kinda slow but I've never had a difficulty with
up/downloaded with the above steps.

Now, VAX Binary files are more troublesome, as the byte ordering of
integers is reversed from Motorola standards.  Also, the binary data
will be stuffed into the data fork of the Mac output file (in a
V->M transfer) and there will be a block marker every 512 bytes,
I think.  You cannot move executables this way (to save a VAX .exe
onto a Mac, first run VAX backup, create a .BAK file, then move that
to the Mac... yeah, weird.) and you'll probably need to do some
investigating about post transfer processing with the VAX dump facility
and MPW's HexDump tool.

Hope this helps.

Godfrey DiGiorgi
digiorgi%madvax@ipl.jpl.nasa.gov
14NOV89

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Nov 89 11:39:30 CST
From: Michael Farlow--Texas A&M Graphics Lab <X098MF%TAMVM1.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: Illustrator To 35mm slides

Greetings!!

Last week I reported the addition of Adobe Illustrator 88 v1.9.3 to our
software repetoire here in the Graphics Lab at Texas A&M.  For those
that have forgotten all the hooplah, v1.9.3 allows you to have a color
preview of your illustration for use with other applications.  The thing
that popped into mind as soon as I started to use it was, 'Can we now
produce some spiffy-neato slides with it?'  Well, I now come to you with
a report on my first try...

The Setup:  Mac IIx 4/80meg config, System 6.0.3, Adobe Illustrator
1.9.3, Montage FR-1 film recorder.

What I Did:  I made up a sample slide cosisting of two rectangular
blends, one goes from yellow to red and the other from 100% black to 15%
black (gray), each with 100 steps.  The back ground was set to a nice
green color. and some text was added in a magenta hue with a gray drop
shadow.  This was then saved as a normal illustrator file with both
Color Macintosh Preview and Inlcude EPS checked on.

I then launched Pixel Paint 2.0 (because it is one of the few things I
have that can read Illustrator documents and save them to PICT2) and
opened up my test file.  Then it was saved as a PICT2 file and loaded
into the ImageQ and shot onto Ektachrome asa100 slide film. (ImageQ and
the application Imager come with the FR-1).

When I got the slides back, well, I was not as impressed as I thought I
would be.  All the colors turned out fine, but it looks as though most
things were bitmapped (probably due to my passing through PixelPaint).
The blends came out ok but you can see noticible transition lines. And
the text would make an ATM programmer flinch <grin>.

Well, so much for my first try.  At least I know that I am heading in
the general direction.  My next attempt will be trying to use PowerPoint
or Persuasion or something else that can read EPS files and image these
on the FR-1.  Then I will get back to with more details.

-=-Michael Farlow
   Graphics Lab Consultant
   Texas A&M Univ.
   X098MF@TAMVM1.BITNET      X098MF@TAMVM1.TAMU.EDU  (Internet)

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Nov 89 16:43:27 EST
From: joseph@elbereth.rutgers.edu (Seymour Joseph)
Subject: Info-Mac Digest V7 #198

Gary,

For your virus blues, two words as clues:  BUY SAM.

Symantec Antivirus for Macintosh, can scan each disk upon insertion
and keep people from reinfecting your labs.   Ask them about volume
pricing or educational dicounts.

Seymour

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Nov 89 22:36:51 CST
From: Bill Hayes <IANR012%UNLVM.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>

I've just had the opportunity to look at the Mac II Token Ring card.  Your
PC compatriots will not be very impressed, since the Mac Token Ring software
prohibits a direct view of any MS-DOS file servers.  The only DA available
to use the Token Ring software connection is Apple AFE.  Apple is supposed
to have a nice 3270 emulation package, MacDFT, which uses the Token Ring
connection to hook into Big Blue mainframes, ect.
Can anyone explain to me why Apple chose not to show MS-DOS file servers
on the desktop as a network disk?  There's got to be a reason, but right
now it seems to be monumentally stupid not to be able to directly access
a NetBios file servers.
On another note, is anyone interested in hearing how Word for Windows
compares (doesn't compare??) to Word 4.0?

Bill H.....

------------------------------

Date: 7 Nov 89   09:26 EDT
From: FAC1893%UOFT01.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu
Subject: KIWIENVELOPES! DEMO

Attached is the DEMO version of KiwiEnvelopes! 3, a desk accessory
for printing envelopes. This is version 3.0, which contains many
enhancements from version 2.03 which was reviewed (along with other
envelope DA's) in the September issue (p.202) of MacWorld.

Some features include:
-Choosing fonts and sizes
-Adding a message such as "Air Mail" at the bottom of the envelope
-Saving often-used return addresses, mailing addresses, and messages
-Choose a default address or message
-Use a picture as an address
-AUTOPASTE (trademark) feature to transfer addresses from a word
 processor to KiwiEnvelopes!
-Print bar code information on your envelopes
-Look up postal rate information
    Note: KiwiEnvelopes! is not a mail merge program.  It only deals
          with one "envelope order" at a time and is designed to print
          on two common envelope sizes with great ease and convenience.

Vaccine users need to heed the warning below about installing
KiwiEnvelopes! with the Vaccine INIT active. The safest procedure
is to start your Mac, remove the Vaccine INIT from your System
folder, restart your Mac, use the Font/DA Mover to install
KiwiEnvelopes! 3, place Vaccine back in the System folder and
retart your Mac. This will eliminate any conflicts between
KiwiEnvelopes! and Vaccine.  KiwiEnvelopes! adds an "MDEF" resource
to the System file and is a normal part of the installation process,
and is not a sign of viral infection.  Kiwi has received reports of
system corruption when trying to install this resource with vaccine
active.

I have followed the installation procedure described above, with
both the demo version and the actual DA and have not had any problems
in using either. I've been using  KiwiEnvelopes! for the past several
years and have found it to be very handy and simple to use.

   Suggested archive name: kiwi-envelope!3-demo.hqx

*                          Gary E. Pawlas                              *
* Dept. of Mechanical Engineering                                      *
* U. of Toledo                                                         *
* 2801 W. Bancroft St.            BITNET:   FAC1893@UOFT01             *
* Toledo,  OH  43606              INTERNET: FAC1893@UOFT01.UTOLEDO.EDU *
* (419) 537-4437                                                       *

    Following are the contents of the included READ-ME file:

This DEMO version offers all of the functionality of the commercial
version (which you may not give others), but prints "DEMO" on
all envelopes.

The DEMO version is much larger in size than the commercial version.
**** VACCINE USERS  ****
Please turn off Vaccine before installing KiwiEnvelopes! 3, and
turn it back on thereafter (see User's Guide)

**** APPLESHARE PRINTSERVER USERS ****
For best results, bypass the print server. To do so, the network
administrator must have enabled the "bypass" feature of the
print server.  When this feature is enabled, you have in the chooser
a choice of Q for instance Q "LaserWriter Spooled" or "LaserWriter".
Choosing the latter bypasses the print server. This allows
KiwiEnvelopes! to  talk directly to the printer and automatically
tailor its output to it.

KiwiEnvelopes! 3 is available from your usual software dealer.
Should you be unable to find KiwiEnvelopes!, please call
Kiwi Software, Inc. at (805) 685-4031 or write to:
Kiwi Software, Inc.
6546 Pardall Rd.
Santa Barbara, CA 93117-4842

[Archived as /info-mac/demo/kiwi-envelopes-30.hqx; 111K]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Nov 89 14:26:12 EST
From: Tom Coradeschi <tcora@pica.army.mil>
Subject: mazewars

>Here is a copy of mazewars that I have been able to get to work on using
>appletalk and two Mac+s and a 512e. The files are in PackitIII format (com-
>pressed) and include three macpaint files, a text file, and three
>applications.  The version that works on a Mac+ is called Mw, and the
>version that works on a 512 is called Mw512.  BEFORE running it on a 512, it
>MUST be renamed Mw.  To start the program run the file fix-mpp.  I have
>no idea what it does, other than run the Mw program; however, it works.
>
>Jonathan Leblang
>jonathan@bert.mitre.org  (arpa)

This is the header from the file games/mazewars-pluscompat.hqx, which I got
>From the info-mac archives today. It is dated 29 Oct 86, and needless to say,
it dies a horrible death on my SE/30. Has anyone done any maintenance on this
app? Obviously, in the greater scheme of things, this isn't real important,
but if there is a more recent version of this available, I'd be interested
in knowing about it. TIA.

tom c

ARPA: tcora@pica.army.mil     BITNET: Tcora@DACTH01.BITNET

Date: Mon, 13 Nov 89 23:21:19 EST
From: Pedro Ferraz De Abreu <pfa@media-lab.media.mit.edu>
Subject: memory upgrade for SE

   >>Date: Tue, 7 Nov 89 09:24:00 EST
   >>From: williams@cbl.umd.edu (Bill Williams)
   >>Subject: Memory-Upgrade Query

    >>I've just got a mini-grant here for $500 to upgrade my SE's memory.
    >>I'd be most happy to get suggestions (and anti-suggestions!) about
    >>where to get the most memory for my money.  I have 1 meg now, and I
    >>understand that by doing a little scrimping and searching I can probably
    >>upgrade to 3 megs for my $500, or I can buy MacSnap and blow the
    >>whole $500 on upgrading to 2.
    >>                     -Bill Williams
    >>                    Williams@cbl

 You can get  1 Mb SIMMS for Mac SE (low profile,  80 ns) for  $119 each
at MacProducts USA (Austin, Texas, 1-800-622-3475). That's where I got
mine. The problem, naturaly, is that no one is interested in buying you
back your 256K..., but it seems cheaper than using a MacSnap. Remember
that your only possible configurations are 1, 2.5 and 4Mb, and that you can't
have chips with different speeds in the same row.

Pedro Ferraz de Abreu
pfa@media-lab.media.mit.edu

------------------------------

Date: Tue 14 11 89 10:51:00 EST
From: U009%CCIW.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu
Subject: Microwave hops on Localtalk network

A co-worker recently remembered an article (with photograph) read in a
computer related magazine 2 or 3 years ago. It dealt with a localtalk
network with one or more of the hops handled by microwave links. The
frequency could have been 3 or 10 GHz but the author specified that
rather small dishes were required for 10 mile distances.

He suspects the installation is (was) on a university somewhere.
Exhaustive search of various magazines (Dr Dobbs, etc) has not proved
fruitful. Does anyone remember the article, better yet was anyone a
participant? We would like to build up something similar.

Regards, Stu Beal, VE3MWM, (U009@CCIW.BITNET),
National Water Research Institute,
Burlington, Ontario, Canada.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Nov 89 20:32 N
From: <ADEGROOT%HROEUR5.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: Oracle and Acius 4th Dimension

In MacWorld and MacUser advertisements Oracle Corp. claims they ship an
interface which let you use Oracle SQL with 4th Dimension. I want to know if
anybody uses or have seen the product at this moment because I'm most
interested.
We ordered this package in July but still haven't received the interface.
Oracle says it will ship November 15 and that most (registered) users should
receive it earlier (though not the complete package). Reason is that they had to
make the interface compatible with 4D 2.0.
Could those of you who have seen the product inform me about the functionality
and technical aspects?

Thanx in advance.

=======================-----------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Nov 89 08:49 EST
From: Roberta Russell <PRUSSELL@ocvaxc.cc.oberlin.edu>
Subject: Programming Problem (Think C 4.0)

(Please reply to address below)

I am writing a Vertical Retrace Task to be installed at system startup.
I am using THINK C 4.0, and have run into some problems that I
have not found solutions to in the various manuals.

Some questions I have:  If my code resource (type INIT) has the System Heap
bit set in its attribute section, and the program requires less than 16K
(removing the necessity of supplying a 'sysz' resource), should
the code resource be loaded into the system heap automatically at startup,
or should I need to explicitly allocate a handle in the system heap and
BlockMove my program into it?   Currently, my program is not being
automatically allocated in the system heap, and it is causing a crash when
the VRetraceMgr calls it.

I am also not clear about which register the VBL task uses to find its static
data.  The THINK C manual seems to suggest A4, but Inside Macintosh
and the Apple Technical Notes say A5.  Which register is it?  If I have
to move my code resource into the system heap manually, how do I ensure
that this register points to the new location of my static data?

Many thanks to anyone who can help. If you have examples with working source
code they would be appreciated.

David Hersey
Houck Computing Center
Oberlin College
bhersey@oberlin
bhersey@ocvaxa.oberlin.edu

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Nov 89 19:08:25 PST
From: lippin@bosco.Berkeley.EDU (Tom Lippincott)
Subject: Scope 1.6

This is Scope 1.6, a desk accessory which shows the coordinates of the
mouse and a magnified view of a piece of the screen.

It has advantages over similar devices I've encountered:
	- It works in color
	- It works in the background
	- It has a snapshot timer
	- It can install low-level hooks for action photography
	- And, best of all, it has a grow box.

Since version 1.5 I've fixed several bugs, and added support for the
Copy command.

Share and Enjoy!

					--Tom Lippincott
					  lippin@math.berkeley.edu

[Archived as /info-mac/da/scope-16.hqx; 32K]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1989  12:22:07 EDT
From: FAC0395%UOFT01.BITNET@jade.berkeley.edu    (J. Feustle)
Subject: SCSI Problem

I'm hoping that someone on the network has a better grasp of the
problem that I'm experiencing than I have. I'm lost for certain.

Frequently, but unpredictably, the internal hard drive in my SE
disappears/refuses to mount after I have used my HP scanner,
another SCSI device. I've been careful to terminate the devices as
recommended but what usually happens is that I scan text using
either a ScanJet or ScanJet Plus with TextPert, and the next time
I reboot or turn the machine on, the hard disk has disappeared and I
must go through the process of initializing and formatting
to get the hard disk back, but by then I've lost my files.

I've had the SCSI port checked out and diagnostics say that it's
okay. I can't for the life of me figure what's knocking the hard
disk out when I scan text. I also wonder if there's a way around
the business of reformatting and reloading the hard disk every
time this happens.

All suggestions are appreciated. In fits of despair, I've even
considered typing in the text myself, but the amount to be scanned
makes this impossible.

Joe Feustle
FAC0395@UOFT01.BITNET

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 6 Nov 89 19:02:04 pst
From: Littleton <jackl@cscihp.csuchico.edu>
Subject: Unbundle
UnBundle is a utility that lets you see all the icons (ICN# type) associated
with a particular application (or any file that installs an icon into the
Desktop file).  UnBundle also shows the resource IDs of the icon as it appears
in the 'Desktop' file.  This program is useful if you wish to modify a file's
icon in the desktop, or want to delete a certain program's ICN# and FREF
resources in the Desktop file.  Freeware/Funware/Hackware/whateverwear.
Documentation (MacWrite format) included.  SORRY: It only shows the old
fashioned black-and-white ICN# icons (no cicns).

Jack Littleton              jackl@csuchico.EDU@RELAY.CS.NET
P.O. Box 5301
Chico, CA 95927

[Archived as /info-mac/util/unbundle.hqx; 46K]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Nov 89 12:34:57 PST
From: shahryar@sutro.sfsu.edu (Shahryar G. Hashemi)
Subject: Virex 2.0

Hi guys,

I recently recived the upgrade of Virex, the virus protection program

>From HJC software {people who put out Interferon}.

Can you let me know how reliable this program is??

Shahryar Ghazneini Hashemi

<shahryar@sutro.sfsu.edu>

------------------------------

Date: 14 Nov 89 06:34:02 GMT
From: usenet@paris.ics.uci.edu
Subject: Word 4, ImageWriter and LaserWriter

CB Lih <CL06076%UAFSYSB.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu> writes:

>There is a difference in output of the same file using an ImageWriter
>or LaserWriter (other than the obvious quality difference.  I don't
>know whether it has to do with the lines per page, but it does affect
>the spacing of letters.

This is an old "feature" and has nothing to do with Word 4.0, per se.
You are getting slapped in the face by the difference between imaging
models: QuickDraw on the ImageWriter and PostScript on the LaserWriter.

>I ususally advise my users to use Chooser to
>select the LaserWriter driver, if they know they plan to make their
>final print on one.  LaserWriter can be chosen even if one is not
>connected -- but the driver must be in the System Folder.  The screen
>display will then conform to the printed output.

We are lucky that this is so: at least we have the capability to see
approximaely what the output will look like. Much better WYSIWYG than
on the DOS platforms. Using the Chooser AND using "Page Setup" is the
right way to format the text.  It's funny how this is never mentioned
in any Apple literature.  I guess they assume you will use one printer
and one printer only throughout your Macintosh career! It never occurs
to them that they should prepare the user for the very common trial of
moving files between different printers and even different Systems with
their different installed fonts.

These inconsistencies seem obvious to me in retrospect, but I remember
being very frustrated over and over again when I used to bring what I
thought was perfectly formatted text to a copy center that charged not
only per LaserWriter page, but also for the time spent on the Mac.
Those were some expensive pages!

>I also advise choosing
>the ImageWriter driver before leaving the machine so the next guy can
>get WYSIWYG for the attached ImageWriter.

This is the thoughtful thing to do.

  --scott

--
Scott Truesdell

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Nov 89 12:35:59 CST
From: hallett@pet3.med.ge.com (Jeff Hallett x5163	)
Subject: {Grammar analysis resources}

Jim Wertanen writes in Digest #198:
=> I've received requests from faculty asking me to identify and purchase
=> one or more grammar analysis programs that can be used to check word
=> processing documents that have been done in MacWrite, MS Works or MS Word.
=> Question: Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with specific
=> programs (e.g., Doug Clapp's Word Tools, Sensible Software's Sensible
=> Grammar, etc.)? Any recommendations or names of other programs to consider
=> would be very helpful.
=>

I'm  afraid  Jim will have  a tough  time.   I  use MacProof  3.1 from
Logistics.  It does the same thing  these  other ones do.  They do not
(and cannot) check the grammar itself.   They change  the way you view
your document in an  attempt to point  out common writing mistakes and
bad practices.  For  example, if you say  that you want   to check the
usage of  the  homonyms (their vs.  they're vs.  there), it highlights
each one and asks you to check  the  context.  Verifying obscentities,
racist, sexist, etc. phrases is similar.

As stupid as this sounds, it really helps a lot.  If I want to see how
my  document is  flowing, I can view  opening  phrases only.  To check
paragraph cohesiveness, I  can show  only the first and last sentences
of each paragraph.   These "new" views of  my document help  me to see
how well structured it is.  I find them useful.

Unfortunately, there are  no automatic proof-readers available that do
what I think Jim is looking for them to do.

	     Jeffrey A. Hallett, PET Software Engineering
      GE Medical Systems, W641, PO Box 414, Milwaukee, WI  53201
	    (414) 548-5163 : EMAIL -  hallett@gemed.ge.com
     "Your logic was impeccable Captain. We are in grave danger."

End of Info-Mac Digest