Info-Mac-Request@SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU (The Moderators) (03/28/90)

Info-Mac Digest             Tue, 27 Mar 90       Volume 8 : Issue  64

Today's Topics:
                               ACE1077?
               Anagramma 1.0--- Interactive Anagram Toy
                              DeskWriter
                    EtherGate (Shiva) experience?
                           FTP to mainframe
                 Hard Drives Int'l, ToMulti4.0 init.
             Hypercard interface to modem/printer ports?
                          Information Sought
                           Missing icons...
                          MPW Tools/Scripts
                 Ploting tool with MS Word or MacDraw
                     PROBLEMS WITH BROADCAST v1.0
                      Re- 8/49--Mac BBS software
                              SFOpen 1.2
                           Staggering Icons
          System 6.04 and the Spectre GCR Macintosh emulator
                     Testimony on 45MB Removables
                            The Grouch 2.0
                        togglesoundvol.sit.hqx
                           Upgrade choices?
            Where do I get the lastest MacKermit version?
                  Where is american-macs-in-europe?
                         WriteNow 2.2 Upgrade

Your Info-Mac Moderators are Bill Lipa, Lance Nakata, and Jon Pugh.

[36.44.0.6].  Help files are in /info-mac/help.  Indicies are in
/info-mac/help/recent-files.txt and /info-mac/help/all-files.txt.

Date: 23 Mar 90   08:21 EST
From: WMLBTAM%UCCCVM1.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu
Subject: ACE1077?

Date: 23 March 1990, 08:13:41 EST
>From: WMLBTAM at UCCCVM1
To:   INFO-MAC at SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU
Subj: ACE1077?

We're running TSSnet on MacIIxes in an Ethernet Thickwire environment with
EtherTalk cards from Apple.  The Macs are all on transceiver cables tapped
to the Thickwire, and there is also a MicroVAX II.  The net is bridged with
a Retix bridge to the rest of the University of Cincinnati Ethernet backbone,
which consists of multiple thickwire segments bridged by asynch bridges or
fiber-optics bridges.

Several of our Macs have LocalTalk Imagewriters (and one Laserwriter) on them,
which we have made accessible through Liaison.  Our side is working fine.
Another site across campus using LocalTalk for their LAN and going through a
GatorBox into the Ethernet is having some problems which I may bring to the
net later--but in troubleshooting with their SysMgr, we noticed Inter*Poll
telling us about some device(?) named ACEnn, with a description of ACEnnnn
(in this case, ACE1077).

This ACE thingy always had a socket number one digit different from the
MacIIx in the same zone; e.g., ACE1077 was socket 252, MacIIx was socket 253.

If somebody can explain what this (phantom?) device is, maybe I'll understand
networking a little better?

Thanks,

Ted
|    |   |Theodore Allan Morris                 |231 Bethesda Avenue, ML# 574
|    |   |University of Cincinnati Med. Ctr.    |Cincinnati, OH  45267-0574
 |__|--- |Med. Ctr. Information & Communications|513-558-6046 W, 731-3451 H
   |     |Information Research and Development  |WMLBTAM@UCCCVM1 Bitnet, U1091
Go |____ |======================================|AppleLink, MORRISTA@UCMCIC.
Bearcats!|Call me up and I'll talk data to ya'! |UC.EDU Internet, WB8VNV NTS

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 9 Mar 90 09:35:50 EST
From: wayner@cs.cornell.edu (Peter Wayner)
Subject: Anagramma 1.0--- Interactive Anagram Toy

The previous letter contains the compressed and BinHexed version of
Anagramma-- an interactive anagram finding program which lets you
search throughout the realm of all possible anagrams of a phrase.
The software is a fully-functional version with a demonstration
version of the dictionary. A much larger version of the dictionary
is available from me. See the instructions in the program.

-Peter Wayner
116 Oak Avenue
Ithaca, NY 14850

[Archived as /info-mac/app/anagramma.hqx; 67K]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 Mar 90 10:39 EST
From: <JK_APPLE%UNHH.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: DeskWriter

Hey World,

HP has just announced that the DeskWriter printer will start (April 4) shipping
with an AppleTalk interface!!!!

The interface is an "Apple Blessed" addition!

Word has it that the price WILL NOT CHANGE!

Regards,
*       Joe Kazura      Apple Computer - Student Rep            *
*       The U.T.C.      14A Thompson Hall - UNH                 *
*       Durham, NH      03824-3547      (603) 862-1328          *
*       BITNET: JK_APPLEREP@UNHH        Applelink: ST0566       *
* Disclaimer - The Views Expressed Are MINE!! Not even Apple's  *

------------------------------

Date: 23 Mar 90   08:24 EST
From: WMLBTAM%UCCCVM1.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu
Subject: EtherGate (Shiva) experience?

Date: 23 March 1990, 08:22:12 EST
>From: WMLBTAM at UCCCVM1
To:   INFO-MAC at SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU
Subj: EtherGate (Shiva) experience?

Anybody out there with direct experience spec'ing out, installing, and using
a Shiva EtherGate with an Ethernet thickwire (transceiver hookup) environment
in order to provide the networked Macs with access to the public telephone
system?  We'd love to hear it...

Ted
|    |   |Theodore Allan Morris                 |231 Bethesda Avenue, ML# 574
|    |   |University of Cincinnati Med. Ctr.    |Cincinnati, OH  45267-0574
 |__|--- |Med. Ctr. Information & Communications|513-558-6046 W, 731-3451 H
   |     |Information Research and Development  |WMLBTAM@UCCCVM1 Bitnet, U1091
Go |____ |======================================|AppleLink, MORRISTA@UCMCIC.
Bearcats!| No good deed ever goes unpunished.   |UC.EDU Internet, WB8VNV NTS

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Mar 90 15:15:37 PLT
From: Joshua Yeidel <YEIDEL%WSUVM1.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: FTP to mainframe

NCSA Telnet cannot *initiate* ftp transfers (so-called "client" mode);
it can only *respond* to requests for transfers (so-called "server"
mode).  However, transfers can be done in both directions, regardless
of who initiates the connection.

Therefore, I usually use NCSA Telnet to log on to the mainframe, then
use the "ftp" command on the mainframe to come back to the Mac and
do the transfers.

There is a version of NCSA Telnet which was "doctored" at BYU to
do client-mode ftp.  You can ftp it from ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu (but
you need a client-mode capable system to do it -- perhaps you can
ftp from ncsa to your mainframe, then ftp again from the mainframe
to your Mac).

I hope this helps.

- -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - --
Joshua Yeidel                         YEIDEL@WSUVM1.BITNET
Academic Computing Services           YEIDEL@wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu
Washington State University           (509) 335-0441
Pullman, WA 99164-1226
DISCLAIMER: I'm speaking solely for myself here, not Washington State U.
"They can't do NOTHIN' to a man as innocent as me!"
   -- Belizaire the Cajun
-- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- -

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Mar 90 19:04 CST
From: "Greg Trimper: Student, Staff, and JackOfAllTrades"
Subject: Hard Drives Int'l, ToMulti4.0 init.

        All-

        One, I would like to comment on all the slams on Hard Drives
International.  Yes, service is slow, sometimes messed up, and the people
you get over the phone seem to be boneheads.  I ordered a "PowerDrive 45"
>From them last year, and was told on the night that I ordered it that it
would be there in 4 days!  Well, a week passed.  I called.  Bob told me
"Well, there has been a slight backorder, but it should be shipped by Monday."
Moday.  Tuesday.  Friday.  Another call: "It's in the mail".  My Visa bill
arrives Monday, with a CHARGE FOR THE DRIVE ON IT!!!!!!  ARGH!!!!  This
aggravated me the most, as I do not think that they can charge me for
something I do not have.  I called Instantly.  Very Irate.  After yelling
at the stupid person on the other end of the phone, she finally broke down
and admitted that the DRIVES were in stock, just no cases, and as soon as
the cases were in, they would be assembled and sent.  Then she asked:
"Would you like me to cancel and refund your Visa?"  "How long til the cases
get in?"  "Probably tomorrow"  "No, keep the order"  A WEEK later it finally
arrived.  Four weeks and lots of anxiety and frustration.  But I got it.

        In their favor:  The drive has performed flawlessly (thank seagate,
not them) and since I was in no GREAT hurry for the drive, the lower cost,
I figure, was worth it.

        But, you see, I am used to this kind of service.  Your typical MacUser
is NOT.  When you pay that much money for a computer, you usually spend the
extra money for service/etc, that adds costs to the mail order company you
are dealing with.  Those of us who started out in the PC world, where HDI
is a big company, are used to the lousy service with most PC mail order
companys.  The advantage in the PC world has always been LOWER cost.  (And that
is about ALL  :-)  )

        So, if you want cheap prices, don't complain about cheap service.

        (End preaching mode)

        (Start Helpful Mode:)

easier way, especially if you don't like inits, to launch Finder or Multi-F.

        1. Set Startup as Multifinder
        2. If you want Multi-finder, do nothing at startup.
        3. If you just the Finder, hold down the COMMAND KEY as your last init
           loads until the finder appears.  (It's in the manual, and that
           simple)

        Some people do not like inits, thus I post this info.  Those of you
who like inits, get the init.

        Greg Trimper   TRIMPERG@LARWRENCE.bitnet,  88381@LAWRENCE.bitnet

                Consultant, Student, and General Computer Geek

>  MY     OPINIONS        ARE        MINE!    ALL MINE!!!  MINE MINE MINE!    <

"And I used to sometimes try to catch her, but never even caught her name..."
                                                -Robert Smith

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 Mar 90 09:37 PST
From: "Ed Costello (415) 422-1012" <COSTELLO@amstel.llnl.gov>
Subject: Hypercard interface to modem/printer ports?

I have just purchased a programmable remote control device that hopefully
will replace the half-dozen or so remotes in my house.  It also came with a
serial interface and a manual which describes the upload and download
protocols for programming it.  What I'd like to do is set up a stack that
will make it easier to program and modify the captured codes inside the remote.

In order to do this, I need to send and receive *binary* data through the
modem port.  I was hoping someone out there has had to do something similar
so that I don't have to the hard part :^).   Note that the *binary* means
basically unsigned bytes, not limited to ASCII subset of characters.

You can reply to me directly or to the net.  Thanks in advance.

- Ed Costello

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 Mar 90 18:26:22 MEZ
From: Lonnette Edwards <EDWARDSL@ATSUVAX1.BITNET>
Subject: Information Sought

        I would like to locate a database management program for the Mac
that would allow me to do several things:

        1.  Create a screen for easy data entry(as opposed to entry by
                columns.
                        a.  if this screen also diplayed the col. # that
                            would be a plus.
        2.  Transfer the data to a Digital MicroVax (VMS)
        3.  Use the data to run SAS programs.

        All for the amazingly low price of less than or = $300.00.
        Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.
        Thanks.   edwardsl@atsuvax1.bitnet

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Mar 90 22:07 PST
From: Sam Cropsey <SAM@pomona.claremont.edu>
Subject: Missing icons...

  I need a commonly discussed item clarified.  Where, when, why and how
do you lose your icons for files on your mac.  I thought that by rebuilding
the desktop you could recover any lost icons.  Sometimes it works and other
times it doesn't.  I have done it many times on my disk and I can't seem
to recover all my icons.  The original application resides on my hard disk
and I have even used resedit to make sure the icon was in the desktop.
It is obviously not using the proper id or something.  Any help would
be appreciated.

Sam Cropsey
Microsystems Manager, Pomona College

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Mar 90 19:17 PST
From: JOHN LOUCH <LOUCHA%CLARGRAD.BITNET@ricevm1.rice.edu>
Subject: MPW Tools/Scripts

Hello Netters,
        I've recently bought MPW, and I would be very interested in any
MPW tools/scripts any of you have made.  I would also be interested
in finding a place that might have some of the beforementioned!

I will now inclose a standard disclaimer in my postings as it
seems that people easily recognizt the involved by the disclaimer!

Disclaimer: Long live the net, at least as long as me!

I know pretty selfish, but that is all I could think of!

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Mar 90 12:23 CST
From: <S0G7559%TAMVENUS.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: Ploting tool with MS Word or MacDraw

Hi!
I'm working with Mac SE 4MB/20M HD.
I want to make transparency paper form with HP 7475A Plotter using
MS Word 4.0 or MacDraw II.
This is for my oral presentation.  Since I need color plotting, I couldn't
work with Laser Printer.
I guess I need some kind of interface and software. Do you have experience
about that? I want to hear from you.

* Suncheol Gweon                        s0g7559@tamvenus                  *
* Texas A&M University                  s0g7559@venus.tamu.edu            *

------------------------------

Date: 23 MAR 90 10:41:24 CST
From: Ron Rushing <RRUSHING%SFAUSTIN.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: PROBLEMS WITH BROADCAST v1.0

Anyone else expreiencing problems with BROADCAST v1.0 ?
Having installed it on several machines on my floor, problems began--
Crashes--"application has quit" messages. I'm able to still gain
control of the machine, but when restarting the application, the
"quit" message appears and then the BOMB.

I've noticed this especially in WORD v4.0, running under MultiFinder.
Others around campus have commented about similar problems .

Is this just due to MultiFInder quirck ??  Is there a more up-to-date
version of BROADCAST around ??

Please respond directly to me at rrushing@sfaustin.bitnet with your
comments.

RON RUSHING  <rrushing@sfaustin.bitnet>

------------------------------

Date: 22 Mar 90 16:27:24
From: Wolfgang Naegeli <Wolfgang_Naegeli.ED_TSRS@qm01.ctd.ornl.gov>
Subject: Re- 8/49--Mac BBS software

REGARDING                Re: 8/49--Mac BBS software
Bulletin Board host software that runs on a Mac and presents a graphical
user interface to users calling in from a Mac does exist!
Please see my earlier brief description of TeleFinder (last message in
Info-Mac Digest 8/45).
Based on that posting I got a message from someone in Finland who
had tried unsuccessfully to call the demo BBS at 714-730-5785.
My direct response to him bounced, but the following information will
probably be useful to others too:
The TeleFinder demo BBS has a Telebit T2500 modem, (which does not
support MNP). 2400 Baud or slower should work with virtually any
calling modem. If your's is Telebit compatible, you can go up to 9600
Baud.  You need to call with XMODEM-capable software to download the
TeleFinder/User program that will allow you to try the graphic user
interface.

Wolfgang N. Naegeli
President, MacClique--East Tennessee Macintosh Users Group
Internet: wnn@ornl.gov    Bitnet: wnn@ornlstc
Phone: 615-574-6143       Fax: 615-574-3895

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 9 Mar 90 14:09:43 +0100
From: Roland Mansson <roland@dna.lth.se>
Subject: SFOpen 1.2

Put this startup document in your System Folder, and reboot. To
activate it, press option when you select "Open..." from the "File"
menu. *Every* file will show up in the list. You can open any file,
but be careful since most applications can't do anything useful to
foreign files. Some applications do an extra check of the file
returned by the Standard File Package, and may stop you from opening
it. SFOpen can't do anything about that.

Typical usage is to open a text file with wrong type (not TEXT) in a
word processor. It's also useful if you have ShortCut, since you will
be able to modify any file; not only those openable by the current
application.

WARNING: Some applications may remove or add resources to the file you
open. This could easily corrupt files. Be careful!

SFOpen patches the Standard File Package (no tail patch!). It should
work with any application, even those from MicroSoft. It occupies
about 126 bytes of the system heap.

Public Domain by
Roland Mansson
SiC! Development HB
Flojtv 22A
S-223 68 Lund
Sweden

roland.mansson@ldc.lu.se

[Archived as /info-mac/init/sfopen-12.hqx; 4K]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 Mar 90 10:02:17 -0500 (EST)
From: Donn Hoffman <dh1s+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject: Staggering Icons

I remember reading about a way to modify the Finder to stagger the
display of icons, so the display look something like:

           XXXX             XXXX
           XXXX    XXXX     XXXX     XXXX
           XXXX    XXXX     XXXX     XXXX
         File One  XXXX  File Three  XXXX
                 File Two          File Five

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
-- Donn (dh1s@andrew.cmu.edu)

------------------------------

Date: 22 MAR 90 21:21:25 CST
From: Z4648252 <Z4648252%SFAUSTIN.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: System 6.04 and the Spectre GCR Macintosh emulator

    It was noted earlier that the Amiga Macintosh emulator, A-Max was
having problems with System 6.04.  In personal mail, I was told that
one of the problems was that the 'Welcome' message would flicker and
the computer would lock.
    With fear and trembling, I just booted off of a System 6.04 Mac
System Disk and can report absolutely no problems.  The Atari Macintosh
emulator, Spectre GCR, has no problem at all with 6.04.  This is good
news for I was fearful that Apple had crippled anything above 6.03
when run on anything but a genuine Mac.  Three cheers to Apple for
maintaining absolute compatibility.

Larry Rymal:  |East Texas Atari 68NNNers| <Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET>

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Mar 90 15:22:39 PLT
From: Joshua Yeidel <YEIDEL%WSUVM1.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: Testimony on 45MB Removables

We have been using DPI 44MB removables (Syquest mechanism) for over
a year.  We are generally very happy with them.
We have tested them (informally) at about the same speed as Mac II
internal hard disks (about 25ms average access time).  Your mileage
may vary.

We had some initial problems with the formatting software from DPI,
but the later versions of the software seem to be solid.  We also
had a minor problem with one drive (the disk locking mechanism
failed), and DPI was quick to replace it (under warranty!) with
the latest model (slightly faster).

The outstanding benefit of this technology is the marginal cost of
adding capacity (44MB for about $79/cartridge mail-order).
There may also be a security benefit from being able to remove the
cartridge and lock it up (depending on your circumstances).  There
may well be a liability in the reliability area (many types of
removable disks for other systems are less reliable than their
fixed counterparts), but we have been reasonably satisfied.

Of course, I have no relationship with DPI, Syquest, etc. except
as a satisfied customer.

- -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - --

Date: Fri, 9 Mar 90 19:59:45 CDT
From: george@swbatl.swbt.com (George Nincehelser 5-6544)
Subject: The Grouch 2.0

The Grouch 2.0
  by Eric Shapiro

Graphics by Ken Hornak

Drag "The Grouch" into your System Folder and restart
your Mac.  Notice that the "Special" menu in the Finder
has changed slightly.  Throw something you don't need
into the trash and select "Empty Trash" from the "Special"
menu (keep an eye on the trash and the volume turned up).

The Grouch should work on most Macintoshes (MacPlus or later) using
System 6.0x.  It may work on earlier Systems too.  Let me know if you
find any incompatibilities.  It won't work at all if you've modified your
trash can icon (the animation would look silly anyway).

The Grouch used to be called "Oscar", but Apple released an INIT by
that name and things were getting confusing.

Improvements over Oscar 1.0:
   Color animation
   Simultaneous sound & graphics
   Uses less permanent memory
   Easier to find "About" box
   Works on Mac Portable (I think)
   Command Key keeps Oscar silent and in the trash
	 The INIT can be renamed (although you'll have to reboot)
   and much, much, more.

Copyright (c) 1989,1990 Rock Ridge Enterprises.  All Rights Reserved.
The Grouch may be freely copied, but may not be sold or modified
without permission.

Eric Shapiro
Rock Ridge Enterprises
620 Hidden Valley #102
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104
(AppleLink : D1313)

[Archived as /info-mac/init/grouch.hqx; 181K]

------------------------------

Date: 09 MAR 90 05:53:23
From: COSC006%unlcdc2.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu
Subject: togglesoundvol.sit.hqx

This is an FKEY I wrote to toggle the mac's speaker volume on and off.  All
you have to do is install the FKEY resource into your system file (via ResEdit
or an FKEY installer) and press command-shift-7 to activate it.  If the volume
was set at 0, the volume will be set to 7, and if the volume was set at any
nonzero number, it will be set to zero. Think Pascal source is included.
* mike gleason *

[Archived as /info-mac/fkey/toggle-sound-vol.hqx; 4K]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Mar 90 19:16 EST
From: TMPLee@dockmaster.ncsc.mil
Subject: Upgrade choices?

OK gang, here's where the rubber meets the road.  Suppose one were going
to expand a one-person office to a four or five-person office.  The
one-person office currently uses an Apple IIGS, 40M hard drive, HP
deskjet, TranswarpGs and PC Transporter.  A lot of the stuff in the hard
drive is in WordPerfect and would need to be carried along somehow.  The
five person office is going to need one PC per person, a laser printer
of somekind, AND internet connectivity and support (telnet, ftp, mail).
Presumably some kind of LAN (e.g., AppleTalk) would be the right way to
interconnect everything.  The PC's would be used mostly for
medium-quality documentation and net access; half-tone quality desktop
publishing not a need, but line drawings necessary.  Net access would be
for email and cooperative work on documents with sites using Suns and
PC-clones (MS-DOS and maybe some Xenix).  (Word processing at those
sites uses mostly a mix of LaTex and WordPerfect.)  Here's the chance
for you Mac and Apple II advocates to make your case for which is the
more sensible small business system.  (I'm not bothering to ask the PC
or Sun lists since I can get those answers directly.)

It probably makes sense to ask for direct replies, especially since I
don't read the info-mac list regularly.  (Besides, one would hate to get
an argument started!)  I'll summarize anything cogent.

TMPLee@dockmaster.ncsc.mil

------------------------------

Date: FRI MAR 23, 1990 08.38.20 EST
From: "Robert J. Platt (Rob) at Lehigh" <RJP1%LEHIGH.BITNET@ibm1.cc.lehigh.edu>
Subject: Where do I get the lastest MacKermit version?

I am currently using MacKermit 0.9(40) . I was wondering, is that
the lastest version, or, if there is a newer one, where do I get it?
And does it have doccumentation files? The copy I have now doesn't.

Thanks.
   /     From: Rob Platt (215) 346-7386 or (215) 346-7541
  //         PO Box 200/Rocks & Rills Estate, Funk Mill Road
 ///        Springtown, PA 18081. 24-Hour FAX:(215)346-6770

(RJP1@Lehigh.Bitnet or #MAK@Lehigh.Bitnet)

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Mar 90 20:50:56 EST
From: "Sue Hay (tm)" <SUEHAY@brownvm.brown.edu>
Subject: Where is american-macs-in-europe?

At one point someone posted something about an information file
re: traveling abroad with Macs. At the time I scribbled down
"info-mac/report/american-macs-in-europe.txt" on a piece of paper.
Now that I've finally gotten around to trying to retrieve the file,
I can't find it! Did I dream of its existence, or has it just been
misplaced? Does anyone know what become of this file? Thanks!

* Susan E. Hay                                                              *
* User Services Specialist - Mac Support                                    *
* Computing & Information Services       phone: 401-863-7302                *
* Brown University                       internet: suehay@brownvm.brown.edu *
* Box 1885, 115 Waterman Street          bitnet: suehay@brownvm             *
* Providence, RI  02912                  applelink: suehay                  *

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 Mar 90 10:40:48 GMT
From: CYK10%PHOENIX.CAMBRIDGE.AC.UK@forsythe.stanford.edu
Subject: WriteNow 2.2 Upgrade

Could some kind soul please tell me:

*  What new features are there in the recently announced upgrade to WriteNow
   (version 2.2)?

*  How much is T/Maker charging for upgrade from 2.0?

*  Is it worth the price and trouble to upgrade?

Also, I remember reading about Alsoft "upgrading" SUM II and such to
DiskExpress II (for something like $50), but after scouring recent issues of
MacWorld, those ads seem to have disappeared.  Anyone know if this offer is
still on?

Thanks in advance...

S-Mail:                             E-Mail:

Chong Yee Khoo                      CYK10@UK.AC.CAM.PHX
Queens' College                     (JANET)
Cambridge CB3 9ET
United Kingdom

End of Info-Mac Digest