Info-Mac-Request@SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU (The Moderators) (09/21/90)

Info-Mac Digest             Fri, 21 Sep 90       Volume 8 : Issue 157

Today's Topics:

      [*] Batman Monochrome Screen and Cursor
      [*] Free Text v1.02 files for archive
      [*] HP2Pict.Hqx, HP translator for Mac, bugfix
      [*] Stack lister update
      [*] Studio Session songs
      Cache cards, disk labelers, accounting, backup systems, etc.
      CADLINK for Mac
      digitizer info
      Doing Anonymous FTP with NCSA Telnet
      Excel locked document
      How to detect color monitors in HyperCard?
      Mac Batch Language ??
      Mac teaching conference
      Mainframe-style Editing
      MYOB and iDS
      OnCue and Multifinder
      Possible HyperCard 1.2.5 bug
      Public Domain Spreadsheet
      qualitive software & journal list
      Re- Flow Charting software
      Relational Databases
      SE/30 and Syquest specific software
      text rotation
      The International Mac?!
      Whither HC 2.0?

Your Info-Mac Moderators are Bill Lipa, Lance Nakata, and Jon Pugh.

[36.44.0.6].  Help files are in /info-mac/help.  Indices are in
/info-mac/help/recent-files.txt and /info-mac/help/all-files.txt.

Date: Mon, 09 Jul 90 12:05:25 GMT
From: Michael Everson <MEVERC95%IRLEARN.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: [*] Batman Monochrome Screen and Cursor

Below is a monochrome version of the colour Bat-Screen already archived;
it looks very nice on an SE.  Also enclosed is an animated cursor of my
design, which makes a charming companion.

Michael Everson

[Archived as /info-mac/art/batman-bw.hqx; 8K]

------------------------------

Date: 8 Jul 90 09:23 EDT
From: science@nems.dt.navy.mil (Mark Zimmermann)
Subject: [*] Free Text v1.02 files for archive

Please post the following file, approx. 258kB long, to the archives.
I would suggest the file name "freetext102.sit.hqx".  The file includes
version 1.02 of my "Free Text" indexer/browser "real-time high-bandwidth
free-text information retrieval system", plus complete source code to
the external functions used by the HyperCard stacks to do the indexing
and browsing functions.  See the earlier postings of "Free Text" (versions
1.0 and 1.01) for descriptions of the system.  Please remove copies of
those earlier versions from the archives.  The new version fixes several
typographic errors in the documentation, and updates my mailing address,
but does not include significant functional changes from version 1.01;
users who are happy with that version need not bother downloading the
new version 1.02.  Thank you for your help in maintaining the archives
and in sharing my software.  "Free Text" is free, in the GNU/Stallman/FSF
sense of the word.

Best,  ^z         (Mark Zimmermann, science@nems.dt.navy.mil)

[Archived as /info-mac/card/free-text-102.hqx; 259K]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 9 Jul 1990 11:45:53 EDT
From: GILBERTD@iubio.bio.indiana.edu   (Don Gilbert (IU BioComputing))
Subject: [*] HP2Pict.Hqx, HP translator for Mac, bugfix

This is a Hypercard stack that contains an XCMD that translates
Hewlett Packard Graphics Language (HPGL) scripts into Macintosh Pictures
(PICT format).

This version translates the basic line drawing and labelling commands
of HPGL.  Many other commands (fills, objects, etc.) are not implemented.
The source code, in MPW C, is included.  Bug fix 24 June 90 to correct
rotated text.

 (from) Don.Gilbert@Iubio.Bio.Indiana.Edu

[Archived as /info-mac/card/xcmd/hp2pict.hqx; 85K]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 9 Jul 90 8:41:40 EST
From: Tkelley@hel4.brl.mil
Subject: [*] Stack lister update

   This is the latest version of the stack Graphic Stack LIster. It is version
   3.0

[Archived as /info-mac/card/graphic-stack-lister-30.hqx; 153K]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 8 Jul 90 19:51 EST
From: <DLARRICK%TUFTS.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: [*] Studio Session songs

Enclosed are two Super Studio Session songs--Bach's Two-Part
Invention #8, and Pachelbel's Canon in D.  They were Stuffed,
then Binhexed.  Note that the Two-Part Invention can be used
with (plain) Studio Session, while Pachelbel's Canon cannot
(it contains 8 voices, and the older program has only six).

Note that I was careful to pick pieces whose copyright has
expired.  More modern pieces may still be under copyright
protection.  (If anyone is really a lawyer and has a better
understanding of this than I, feel free to jump in.)

Doug Larrick
dlarrick@tufts.bitnet

[Archived as /info-mac/sound/studio-session-songs.hqx; 8K]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 18 Sep 90 01:03 PDT
From: Gann Matsuda                         <IYI4DTN@oac.ucla.edu>
Subject: Cache cards, disk labelers, accounting, backup systems, etc.

This posting contains responses to messages from a few digests:

RE: Disk Labelers

Ideaform has a great disk labeling utility called Mac Labeler Plus.
I can print to either ImageWriters or LaserWriters.  You can buy
labels from Ideaform, or for use on an ImageWriter, you can buy
the Avery brand 3 1/2 inch disk labels (stock number 4241).

Mac Labeler Plus lets you customize labels with icons, you can
place file names just about anywhere, use borders, patterns, and a
lot more.  I like it and it works on all Macs (at least I know it
works on a IIci).

RE: Backup Systems

On the subject of backing up large hard drives, I have a Quantum
105 in my IIci, and I also got very tired of backing up to
floppies.  Even using 1.44 mb floppies, backing up took over an
hour (about 48-58 mb).  So, after considering a tape backup
system, I decided instead to purchase a Syquest removable hard
drive.  I can now backup to 2 Syquest cartridges, finishing a
complete backup of 60 mb in less than 10 minutes using DiskFit
1.5.1.  BTW: I own the Mirror Technologies RM42, which I feel is
one of the best (if not the best) Syquest drive available,
considering price, quality and support.  Current price is $677.00.

Besides speed, using a Syquest drive to backup has one big
advantage...you have another hard drive that acts like a big,
fast floppy disk drive!  In addition, if my internal HD dies, I can
use the Syquest as a spare drive.  It makes a lot of sense to use
a Syquest drive as a backup system.

RE: Accounting Packages

Quicken is not an accounting package.  It DOES NOT perform
General Ledger or Accounts Receivable/Payable.  It is more of an
"computer checkbook."  As a checkbook program, it is fantastic.

RE: IIci Cache Cards

I know of people who like the Daystar card.  It has 64K, and
performs well.  It is the most expensive of the bunch, however.
I bought the Micron card from Mac Connection for $589.  It has
128K of SRAM, and performs just as well (if not better) as the
Daystar card.  I believe that Dove and another company also have
64K cache cards.

I have heard rumors of problems with the Apple cache card.  It has
32K of SRAM and is cheaper than the 3rd party cards (surprise!).
Unfortunately, I don't know what the problems are.  I have heard
that the cards causes the IIci to bomb on occasion.  That's all
I've heard.

RE: Mouse Cleaners for Mac II's

The newer Mac II's come with smaller mouse balls.  Curtis makes
a mouse cleaner just like the old Ergotron cleaner, and it comes
with two balls, one to fit older mice as well as a small one to
fit newer ones.  Perhaps Ergotron sold the rights to the product
to Curtis??

Gann Matsuda
BITNET: IYI4DTN@UCLAMVS
INTERNET: iyi4dtn@oac.ucla.edu
GEnie: G.MATSUDA

P.S. I have no affiliation with any of the companies producing
products that are mentioned above.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 18 Sep 90 14:09 GMT
From: NOW the fun begins <MECOMAIDIN%vax1.ucg.ie@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: CADLINK for Mac

Sorry if you're seeing this for the second time, but I haven't seen it
appear this end yet...

Anyone ever heard of CADLINK for the Mac (or for anything, for that matter) ?
What company sells it and what's it like ?
Any and all info much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin Madden
University College Galway
Ireland

mecomaidin@vax1.ucg.ie

------------------------------

Date: Mon 17 Sep 90 21:56:22-HST
From: Harold Miller <CNET2SH@uhccvx.uhcc.hawaii.edu>
Subject: digitizer info

I have the Pixelogic PROVIZ frame grabber.  It is the only SCSI device
of its kind that I know of.  I need the color upgrade for it (originally
cost about $200), but unfortunately the company is no longer.
Does anypne know where I can get this..or I would be interested in
buying the color Proviz.
Thanks.
HArold Miller
Seabury Hall
Media Coordinator
Maui, Hawaii
CNET2SH@UHCCVX.BITNET
-------

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Sep 90 10:22:00 EDT
From: tblake%vaxa.dnet@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Thomas R. Blake)
Subject: Doing Anonymous FTP with NCSA Telnet

>I've just downloaded NCSA Telnet software from Sumex-AIM, and I'm puzzled.
>Generally, it seems to work, but according the manual, one has to do FTP's
>"backwards:"  one must log on to the remote machine and the do an FTP "Send"
>back to one's home machine.  How does one do an anonymous FTP in this mode?
>I've found that I can't log on to remote machines (e.g., Sumex-AIM, Apple.
>com) as "anonymous" (hardly surprising!), and so I can't FTP using NCSA
>Telnet.
>
>Surely there is a way to do an anonymous FTP from a Macintosh using NCSA
>Telnet software.  Could someone tell me what it is?

The pure NCSA Telnet software will not allow you to initiate an FTP session
>From your Mac.  But there is a version of NCSA Telnet that has been modified by
BYU to allow this.

It can be retrieved by annonymous FTP from:

	ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu

In

	NCSA_Telnet/contributions

						Tom Blake
						SUNY Binghamton

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Sep 90 08:59:57 EDT
From: Jimmy Gauvin <root@cerberus.ulaval.ca>
Subject: Excel locked document

Hi fellow netters,
 a friend of mine is working with an Excel(version 3) document that was locked by
her boss, unfortunately he doesn't remember what the password is. Does anybody
know how to retrieve the formulas from this document?
Jimmy Gauvin
jimmy@cerberus.ulaval.ca

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Sep 90 10:47 EDT
From: Yeah -- but who inherits the meek? <SGD4589%OBERLIN.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: How to detect color monitors in HyperCard?

Greetings:

I am currently in the process of updating a HyperCard stack for our public
Macintosh network that details a few tricks for using Word 4.0 effectively on
that network--things like printing, resident fonts, etc etc.  Yesterday, I  had
a horrible thought, though--none of the snazzy frivolous visual effects I put
into the stack will function on a color monitor!  This is a problem, as
roughly half our public and administrative Macs have color monitors.
Admittedly, some of the aforementioned effects ARE frivolous, but a lot of them
are also intrgral to the pacing of the stack and might be crucial to users new
to Word or the Mac.

I have seen commercial HyperCard stacks that somehow detect whether or not
there is a color monitor and, if so, whether that monitor is in two-color mode.
I assume this is accomplished through an XFCN or XCMD, but a quick perusal
through Sumex-aim and a few other archives did not reveal a nice freeware (or
even shareware) version of what I would like.  So, my question:

Does anybody out there know where I can find a HyperCard XFCN or XCMD that
tests whether a color monitor is in use?  Please send replies to me, and I'll
summarize to individuals or the net if someone asks me to...

                        Thanks in advance--

             Geoff Duncan       Student Consultant/Technical Writer
                   Houck Computing Center, Oberlin College
      sgd4589@oberlin (bitnet) sgd44589@ocvaxa.cc.oberlin.edu (internet)
            disclaimer: These are my opinions, not my employers'.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 18 Sep 90 20:11:11 EDT
From: Len Hatfield <ENGLISH@vtvm1.cc.vt.edu>
Subject: Mac Batch Language ??

Yo, NetFolk:

    I run a departmental lab with a small mac-laserwriter network.  Two of our
Macs have hard disks, and general access to apps on these is controlled by the
Oasis menu system.
    Every so often, though, I need to make a small interactive program for
various users to do such things as copy a file to a predetermined directory,
or similarly simple things.  For this kind of thing I'd like a rough Mac-
equivalent to the DOS batch language--i.e., simple, small, and capable of
handling user responses as variables for various operations.  Oasis doesn't
support macros, nor have we a copy of any of the commercial Mac macro
programs.
    Suggestions??  (preferably freeware or shareware)  Reply to me and I'll
summarize as needed.

                     _______________________________
  Len Hatfield     /                                 \
  ________________/ English Department, Williams 216  \________________
  _______________/ Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061 \_______________

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 18 Sep 90 13:22:33 EDT
From: "Bret Ingerman 315-443-1114" <INGERMAN%SUVM.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: Mac teaching conference

   Hello all.  This is to let yo know about a conference that is being
sponsered by Syracuse University, State University of New York Health
Science Center, State University of New York College of Environmental
Science and Forestry, and Apple Computer.

   It is called  TEACHING TOOLS FOR THE 90's.  It will feature over 20
presentations from faculty and staff on the use of the Macintosh in
higher education.  In addition, a number of faculty will be shocasing
projects that they are working on in our Works in Progress area.  Finally,
a number of vendors will be represented with demos of their latest hardware/
software products.

   The conference will be at the Sheraton University Inn and Conference
Center in Syracuse, New York on FRIDAY OCTOBER 12.

   If you are interested in attending, please send the following information
via electronic mail to  TEACH90@SUVM.acs.syr.edu

Name
College/University/Company
Mailing Address
Telephone

   If you want more information, please email me directly.  Also, please
indicate on the email message that you saw the announcement via info-mac
(we are interested in knowing if this is a good way to diseminate the
information).

Bret Ingerman                            internet:  ingerman@suvm.acs.syr.edu
Microcomputer Consultant                   bitnet:  ingerman@suvm
Syracuse University                         phone:  (315) 443-1114
Academic Computing Services

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 18 Sep 90 19:17:54 -0500
From: jeffrey templon <templon@copper.ucs.indiana.edu>
Subject: Mainframe-style Editing

Hello Murph and Netters,

I think you will be most happy with an Emacs editor.  The Emacs available
for the Macintosh (at least under some Finder-variant OS) is MicroEmacs.
The latest version is 3.10, but this is VERY buggy (last time I tried it
at least) and I would recommend using 3.9 which is very stable.

The reason to use Emacs?  I can think of two.  The first is that some form
of Emacs runs on almost any machine you can think of.  I have seen Emacs
programs running on PC clones, the Mac, every unix machine I have ever
heard of, the Cray X-MP, and VAXes running VMS.  Most of the flavors are
quite similar, and all of them have a method for changing which keys run
what functions so if you have two different flavors on your different
machines, you can fix the keydefs to be the same on both.

The other reason is that the grandaddy Emacs, GNU Emacs, is arguably the
best editor in existence.  It has an extensive programming language (I
have seen programmable calculators, spreadsheets, and the Towers of Hanoi
game running in Emacs buffers using this feature), column editing, smart
search-and-replace, an online help facility, and editing support for C,
Fortran, Lisp, TeX, and several other languages (i.e. it will automatically
indent as you code, and check for syntax errors.)  Emulations exist to
make it run like the other popular mainframe editors, vi and EDT.

To summarize, Emacs will do what you want because it will run on any machine
you are likely to encounter, and if you can run GNU Emacs you can do almost
anything already, and if not you can program it.

					Jeff Templon

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Sep 90 08:19:25 edt
From: Rocky Olive <olive@apxtg03.apex.dg.com>
Subject: MYOB and iDS

I'm thinking of making two purchases and was wondering if anyone has had any
positive/negative experiences with these (unrelated) topics.

1) Mind Your Own Business - My wife has her own tutoring service that she
   runs out of our home.  I've sent $5 in to get a demo disk, which will give
   me an idea of how the program works, but I'd like to know if anyone has
   used it long enough to determine if it is worth the cost.

2) iDS PRO or Wip 100 - My IIcx's internal 40Mb hard drive has filled up
   quickly, and I need to expand.  I like the looks of the 105 Mb Wip drive,
   which iDS says runs great on a IIcx (pulls power from the floppy port).
   I know the Wip is not available until mid-October or so, but in general,
   how are the iDS drives, and how is their support?

Thank you for your replies.  Please send them directly to me and I'll
summarize to the net, if there is interest.

------------------------         ----------------------------------------
.Rockford L. Olive......         DG UNIX NET: olive@apxtg03
..Data General Corp.....         INTERNET: olive@apxtg03.apex.dg.com
...Technology  Drive....         AMERICA ONLINE: Rocky O
....Apex,  NC   27502...         PRODIGY: DSDG94A
.....919/362-4800x5392..         COMPUSERVE: 72500,2345
......919/362-4914 home.         SCREAMNET: Yo, Rock!
------------------------	 -----------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 18 Sep 90 08:49:54 EDT
From: "Keith E Gatling  [315] 443-3285" <RSKEG%SUVM.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: OnCue and Multifinder

Gary:

I have had  no problem with the production version  of OnCue (1.3) and
Multifiner 6.05. Perhaps  you need to use a production,  rather than a
demo version.

Also, I'm not  sure I understand the nature of  your problem. I wasn't
aware  that you  could attach  individual desk  accessories to  OnCue.
Could you please explain a little more.

I have, however, had  a problem with OnCue and MS  Word. It seems that
OnCue under Multifinder uses the  same key sequence for moving between
applications that MS Word uses for a non-breaking hyphen...command-`.
I solved this problem by changing  OnCue's key sequence to something I
don't believe anyone uses...command-space.

keg

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 16 Sep 90 00:25:31 PDT
From: hplabs!fredc%pro-humanist.cts.com@labrea.stanford.edu (System Administrator)
Subject: Possible HyperCard 1.2.5 bug

In Info-Mac Digest v8 n153, you asked why your visual effects don't work on
your Mac II. This is not a bug, but a limitation of pre-2.0 HyperCard. The
visual effects work only when the monitor is set for black & white. Use the
Control Panel's Monitors icon to set your monitor to black & white mode
(called 2-color mode on old versions of the Monitors icon). Then your visual
effects will work. You'll have to use Monitors again to get back color.
Alternatively, you might want to get the Switch-A-Roo FKEY, which is very
likely in the infomac archives.
*...........
 Fred Condo.     Pro-Humanist BBS: 818/339-4704, 300/1200 bps
 INET: fredc@pro-humanist.cts.com     BitNet: condof@clargrad
 matter: PO Box 2843, Covina, CA 91722   Amer. Online: FredJC

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 18 Sep 90 09:11:32 EDT
From: "Keith E Gatling  [315] 443-3285" <RSKEG%SUVM.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: Public Domain Spreadsheet

I recall  reading a  while back about  a Shareware  spreadsheet called
BiPlane. It  worked both as  an application and  as a DA.  Does anyone
else have any more recent information on it?

keg

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 16 Sep 90 22:53:10 PDT
From: Theresa_Guay@cc.sfu.ca
Subject: qualitive software & journal list

I have two questions.

1. Is there any qualitive research software available for the mac?

2. Is there a list of all the internet journals out there some where?

Thanks in advance
   Theresa Guay,
   Dept. of Communication, Simon Fraser University

   theresa_guay@cc.sfu.ca

------------------------------

Date: 18 Sep 90 11:42:18
From: Wolfgang Naegeli <Wolfgang_Naegeli.ED_IAAS@qm01.ctd.ornl.gov>
Subject: Re- Flow Charting software

                       Subject:                                Time: 10:44 AM
  OFFICE MEMO          Re: Flow Charting software              Date:
9/18/90
WILSON%GBURG.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu writes:

> I have a faculty member interested in a flow chart program for Mac.
> Can anyone direct me to a package that has been set up specifically
> for this purpose?

I use MacFlow 3.5 from Mainstay. Unlike most other drawing programs, this is a
virtually modeless program, which makes drawing charts blindingly fast. You
don't have to select tools, such as pointer, line tool, rectangle tool, text
tool. MacFlow is excellent for drawing flow charts, but it is also superb for
organizational charts, network diagrams, concept maps, and many other types of
schematic drawing.

What you have instead of a tools palette is a symbol palette. In addition to
the standard flow chart symbols, you can create your own, or purchase special
palettes, e.g. for electrical circuit symbols, mathematical set symbols, office
furniture, etc.

To start a chart you select a symbol, e.g. a diamond from the palette and click
anywhere in your chart--and the entire diamong is already drawn in the default
size.
You can resize it, which makes the new size the default. Just by clicking in
several more spots, you can insert additional diamonds of that size, or click
on another symbol in the symbol palette to start adding squares, circles, etc.

To connect the symbols with lines, you simply click inside the first symbol,
draw the line to the second symbol and release the mouse (no need to select a
line tool first!).
You can create lines with vertices by briefly stopping, releasing the mouse
button then holding it down again before continuing where you want vertices in
between symbols.  There is an option you can select from the menu so that lines
will automatically be drawn at right angles, or your can convert a line to a
bezier curve, to give it a smooth curve or even let it take a loop.

To label the symbols, simply click in their center an start typing the text (no
need to select a text tool!).
To label a line, click on the line and start typing.  You can use multiple
styles, fonts, and sizes. There is an option for symbols to grow automatically
to make the text fit inside them. To draw lines or place text independent of
symbols, hold down the option key before clicking with the mouse anywhere in
the chart.

To rearrange your chart, grab a symbol by its edge and drag it (no need to
select an arrow tool!). Lines stay connected and at right angles if that option
is selected. Clicking on the edge of a symbol also gives you handles for
resizing.

The built-in symbol editor lets you customize the behavior of symbols, e.g.
initial default size, how lines will connect to them, where text labels will be
placed, etc., and it even lets you install into your savable symbol palettes
such things as PICT images and PostScript graphics created in MacPaint or in
Canvas, for example.

To any symbol you can attach a nested chart, a comment (text window) or another
application. Menu selections let you highlight the symbols that have a comment,
a nested chart, or an application attached.
Double-clicking such a symbol to open the nested chart, the comment window, or
to sublaunch the application.  This neat feature is useful to darw flow charts
of office procedures, for example.  A clerk may then study the chart to
determine how to handle a special case, and, after finding the correct answer,
double click it to be transfered right into the application that handles it.

MicroMacFlow, a utility from Synergistic Applications, takes advantage of this
feature. It lets you convert your MacFlow documents into standalone executable
documents, that anyone who does not own MacFlow can view, print, and use to
navigate through nested levels and comments, and to launch applications. This
makes MacFolw also suitable as a simple authoring tool for self paced
tutorials.
I have no relationship or interest in Mainstay or Synergistic Applications
other than being a very satisfied customer and Beta tester.

Wolfgang N. Naegeli
President, MacClique--East Tennessee Macintosh Users Group
University of Tennessee & Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Internet: wnn@ornl.gov    Bitnet: wnn@ornlstc
Phone: 615-574-6143       Fax: 615-574-6141 (MacFax)
QuickMail (QM-QM): Wolfgang Naegeli @ 615-574-4510

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 18 Sep 90 11:44:54 CET
From: Raymond <A6014RVD%HASARA11.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: Relational Databases

I am interested in buying a relational database for my Mac IIci
and looking for suggestions. When I mean relational, it has to
have SQL as query language (stated as in the ISO/ANSI standards,
f.e SQL/DS and DB2). As far as I know neither databases like
4th Dimension, Foxbase nor Omnis 5 have these capabilities (only
a SQL interface to other databases). Am I wrong? Which other
databases are commercially available with the requirements as
mentioned above?

Raymond J. van Diessen                  Bitnet   :  a6014rvd@hasara11
University of Amsterdam                 Internet :  a6014rvd@vm1.sara.nl
Department of Information Systems
The Netherlands

------------------------------

Date: 18 SEP 90 15:20:41.08-GMT
From: DELEBECQ%FRESE51.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu
Subject: SE/30 and Syquest specific software

I'm looking for two programs:
First, an init to display background pictures on a mac SE/30,
and a software able to completely copy a removable SyQuest
cartridge on another one (in other words, something to make a
backup of a cartridge).

Can somebody help me to find them ?

Thanks in advance,
                        Henri Delebecque

------------------------------

Date: 18 Sep 90 16:38:42 GMT
From: peskin@caip.rutgers.edu (R. L. Peskin)
Subject: text rotation

Does anyone know of a reasonably general C program for rotation of fonts and
text strings? It would be useful to have this as a part of the ToolBox. Is
there any plan to include font rotation as part of the 7.0 ToolBox?

--dick peskin  (peskin@caip.rutgers.edu)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
 Richard L. Peskin     CAIP Parallel Computing Lab
 CAIP Center CN - 1390  Rutgers University
 Piscataway, N. J. 08855-1390
         net: peskin@caip.rutgers.edu
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Sep 90 00:42:28 CET
From: Hjalmar Dijkstra <A512HJAL%HASARA11.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: The International Mac?!

I have four questions. Two regarding the use of non-roman scripts on the Mac.
One on a hard-disk problem and one about a program I'm looking for.
question:
1- does anybody on the net know of a Bulgarian system on the Mac. A Bulgarian
font otherwise. The script is cyrillic but contains fewer letters than Russian.

2- I now have towo systems on my hard-disk: one is English and the other one
Arabic. I don't like that. I would like to patch my English system in such a
way that the Arabic Interface System works with it. Alas I've not been able
to find anything in the TN's about it. My experiments with resedit to add
resources hasn't been succesfull. Who can tell me how to do it.
Is there a place from which I can get International resources?

3- I have a problem with my hard-disk: I get write errors. The problem started
after having taken the diskdrive to hook it up to another computer. It's
supposed to be auto-parking, it's a Seagate  ST-257-1 orso. The problem is in o
nly one partition. When I try SUM II to get the system configuration I get
an Id=11 ( hardware error :=( ) . Who can tell me what the problem is?

4- I'm looking for a program to calculate loudspeaker enclosures and filters
for loudspeakers. Is there such a program on the market and where can I get it?

thanks for the reading, answer me directly please I'll summarize to the net

greetings,
Hjalmar Dijkstra IMNO- University of Amsterdam <A512HJAL@HASARA11.NL.BITNET>
Acknowledge-To: <A512HJAL@HASARA11>

Date: Tue, 18 Sep 90 12:56:58 EDT
From: robert wilson <RWILSON%UTCVM.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: Whither HC 2.0?

Does anyone know why HyperCard 2.0 is being delayed?

End of Info-Mac Digest