info-mac-request@SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU (The Moderators) (03/15/91)

Info-Mac Digest             Fri, 15 Mar 91       Volume 9 : Issue 65

Today's Topics:

      [*] 7.0 compatibility matrix
      [*] GambitScheme1.51.sit.hqx
      [*] Great Recycle ICL8
      [*] LaserChase! v1.2
      [*] Voyager Startup Screen
      A Personal Postscript Laser Printer for MAC IIsi
      AppleLink
      Arabic, ATM and StyleWriter
      A suggestion about the distribution of ResEdit 2.1
      BACKUP SOFTWARE
      Copying PC-Files via a Mac?
      DeskZap - new version?
      Falcon 1.0 compatible with Sys 6.x?
      HP Laserjet II with PostScript Card and a Mac
      Info-Mac Digest V9 #60
      Info-Mac Digest V9 #61
      Info-Mac Digest V9 #63
      Mildly Misleading & Insulting Revisited
      New Aple Printers
      NEW RODIME DRIVERS
      Ohio Distinctive Software
      PLI 40 Turbo disk formatter utilities
      Postscript Queries
      ResEdit 2.1: getting it
      ResEdit 2.1 Distribution (again)
      shareware authors
      Special Gamma
      System 6 and System 7 on the same drive
      Thanks for LaserWriter Access Info
      Toxic Ravine 1.1 : Bug/Virus?
      Waterloo Script to Earth

The Info-Mac newsgroup is moderated by Bill Lipa, Lance Nakata, and Jon Pugh.

[36.44.0.6].  Help files and indices are in /info-mac/help.

Date: Mon, 11 Mar 91 08:10 EST
From: RX80639%INDYLLY.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu
Subject: [*] 7.0 compatibility matrix

I am submitting the following file of that contains a first pass at 7.0
compatibility for PD CDEV's/INIT's and other items.  The testing was done in
32-bit addressing mode on a IIfx with 7.0b4 and was looking for GROSS
functionality problems.  So some subtle problems on an item that is marked
compatible may still be present.

The Stuffit Deluxe archive contains some Excel spreadsheets and a MS Word
readme file. Please contact me author with any corrections:
Wayne Kauffman

[Archived as /info-mac/misc/compatibility-70.hqx; 33K]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 9 Mar 91 14:30:05 est
From: "Marc Feeley" <feeley@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu>
Subject: [*] GambitScheme1.51.sit.hqx

Gambit is a Scheme programming system under development at Brandeis
University.  Gambit runs on many M68000 based computers (such as SUN3,
HP300 and NeXT).  This version, for Mac+/SE/II computers, includes an
interpreter (GSI), compiler (GSC) and a linker (which can be used to
build standalone Macintosh applications).  GSC generates very
efficient code that in some cases is faster than the one produced by
optimizing C compilers.  Those of you that are used to MacScheme's
user-interface will feel at home with GSI.

The Gambit system supports the IEEE Scheme standard.  Only exact
arithmetic is implemented (bignums and ratnums but no flonums).  The
interpreter offers a minimal debugging environment.

You must debinhex and then unstuff (with version Stuffit 1.6) the binhex
document at the tail of this message.  A short documentation file and
a couple of sample programs are included.

For those with ftp access, you can get Gambit (for Mac and other systems)
by anonymous ftp to acorn.cs.brandeis.edu (129.64.3.8) in directory 'dist'.

Marc   -- feeley@cs.brandeis.edu

[Archived as /info-mac/lang/gambit-scheme-151.hqx; 575K]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1991 01:16 EST
From: MacPhreak! <JPONS@vax.clarku.edu>
Subject: [*] Great Recycle ICL8

A couple of days ago I requested some ICL8s of the recycle symbol to replace my
trash can Icon. A few dats later I got this, and it's great! Needs a color mac
with Sundesk or System 7.0.

Enjoy

Juan A. Pons
INTERNET JPons@Jack.ClarkU.Edu	    BITNET JPons@ClarkU     AOL MacPhreak

[Archived as /info-mac/misc/trash-can-recycle-icl8.hqx; 9K]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 9 Mar 1991 14:45:37 +0100
From: Knut Mork <kmork@ulrik.uio.no>
Subject: [*] LaserChase! v1.2

This is a strategy/action game for two players which provides a unique chal-
lenge for one.  Players guide two snakes (lasers, whatever) around the screen
which leave a path of slime (or light rays, or they grow, or whatever). The
object is to force the opponent to crash into an obstacle.

[Archived as /info-mac/game/laser-chase-12.hqx; 35K]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 09 Mar 91 13:00:18 GMT
From: Michael Everson <MEVERC95%IRLEARN.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: [*] Voyager Startup Screen

Here is a beautiful startup screen of the Voyager probe.

Michael Everson

[Archived as /info-mac/art/voyager.hqx; 11K]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 91 22:17:47 CST
From: Marshall Carroll <NU163467@vm1.nodak.edu>
Subject: A Personal Postscript Laser Printer for MAC IIsi

Hi. I'd like to get a good-quality Postscript Laser Printer
for a Macintosh IIsi. Here's the details:
 1) I don't need any networking capabilities. In other words,
    I want a Personal Postscript Laser Printer.
 2) I don't need the printer to be "multicomputer compatible".
    In other words, as long as it works with a Macintosh IIsi,
    I don't care if it works with an IBM or any other kind of
    computer.
 3) Speed is not a major concern. I'd even live with 2 pages a
    minute, though 4 pages a minute (or more) would be nicer.
 4) I don't want a colour printer.
 5) I only need one letter sized paper tray and no others. Well,
    I guess I could survive with a legal or envelope tray too (-:
 6) It would be great if the educational discount price was
    under $2000.

Thanks a lot for your help. Sincerely, Marsh
Internet:  NU163467@VM1.NODAK.EDU
BITNET:    NU163467@NDSUVM1

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 91 17:09 CDT
From: <JOHNSO03%UTSW.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: AppleLink

Dear moderator,
        Please tell me if it is possible to connect with AppleLink via
bitnet,internet,etc.
        Also,can anyone tell me where I can get a modem driver to run
White Knight on a VAX connected via a Rolm phone system?

                                        Thank you
                                        Michael Johnson
                                        Johnso03@utsw.utexas.edu

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 91 15:17:03 PST
From: peterw@blia.sharebase.com (Peter Wisnovsky)
Subject: Arabic, ATM and StyleWriter

I am trying to set up a Mac Classic system with the Arabic system
software and a low-cost high-quality printer. I have looked at the
StyleWriter, and am rather dissappointed with its lack of speed when
printing TrueType fonts. Does anyone know if the StyleWriter is
faster with ATM at the wheel?

I understand also that there is software to convert fonts
>From Adobe type 3 to type 1, and to TrueType fonts. Is there a public
domain package that will do this?

The other printer I am thinking of getting is the DeskWriter: has
anyone made a controlled comparison of the two? The samples of output
I've seen suggest that the StyleWriter has higher quality output.
Is this what other people have seen too, or could this be some artifact
of the paper or ink used?

Finally, does anyone familiar with the Arabic system software know if
a special word-processor is required? Or will is there a public-domain
script-manager compatible editor that will work? The editing
will be done in Microsoft Word, which I know does not support Arabic
editing: I was planning to just copy arabic excerpts from an editor
into Word.

I know this is a lot for one query, but I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Peter Wisnovsky

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 91 16:47:08 EST
From: yu@math.duke.edu (Yunliang Yu)
Subject: A suggestion about the distribution of ResEdit 2.1

Dear Sirs;

	I am a regular user of your info-mac archive (about 1 year now) and
I have the following suggestion about the distribution of ResEdit 2.1.

	Please think about it first before posting this message or whatever.

	First, RedEdit is a great program, many people need it. As I understood,
in order to have it on sumex for people to download, you have to pay Apple Co.
$100(?) to get a site license. It's difficult to ask the university to
pay for this; so I thought maybe it's a good idea to ask regular users to
denote some money to your site *voluntarily*. Each denotation should be at most
$1.

	This is just my idea, I don't know if it's workable or not.

	Thanks.

--Yu

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 15 Mar 91 11:17:04 SST
From: TNG TaiHou <ISSTTH%NUSVM.BITNET@ricevm1.rice.edu>
Subject: BACKUP SOFTWARE

Can someone point me to good backup software which will incrementally
backup from a harddisk to a REO-650 600 meg erasable optical drive?

Please send replies to isstth@nusvm.

Thanks.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 91 11:15:22 EST
From: gateh%conncoll.bitnet@forsythe.stanford.edu
Subject: Copying PC-Files via a Mac?

> I just got a FDHD-Update for my floppy and can now write also DOS-Disks.
> So I tried to download a PC-Archive (which is a binary file) and to
> transfer it to the DOS-Disk. But I can use a DOS-Disk only with File-
> Exchange, and File-Exchange always makes some translation with the file,
> assuming the downloaded PC-file to be a Macintosh-file. Has anybody an
> idea how to make a one to one copy of a file on a Harddisk to a DOS-
> disk?

I've had no difficulties moving DOS binaries between a U*ix box, my
Mac, and DOS machines via ftp, Kermit, and the Apple File Exchange.
Several times I have download the McAfee virus software from Simtel
to a U*ix box where I UUDecode it, then binary ftp the ZIP files to
the Mac, UnZip them (using UnZip 1.01 for the Mac), run them through
the _default_ translation in the AFE to a DOS disk, and boom,
they're all set to go on a PC.  I've also moved the DOS executables
via binary ftp back to the U*ix box, where they are available for
binary Kermit download by DOS users logging into the U*ix box via
asynch lines.  (If this process sounds a little crazy, it's because
I've lost my PC Ethernet connection to the U*ix box temporarily, and
have been using my Mac Ethernet connection in the meantime).

Sometimes getting the AFE exchange to work in default mode is not as
simple as one might like - I've found that I often have to deselect
any extra translators so that the AFE reverts back to default mode.
Binary DOS executables and compressed files usually don't confuse
the AFE (since they don't look like something that can be
translated), but the AFE usually assumes that a text file should be
translated.  In these cases you need to turn off any filters so that
the file goes through unchanged.  This will happen both with
straightforward DOS text files _and_ UUEncoded files, since they are
text as well.  You'll probably have the least difficulty with the
translation if you move ZIP files between the machines, since they
are least likely to confuse the AFE (for both executables and text).

UUTool 1.2 and UnZip 1.01 for the Mac are available in the archives:

-r   134545 Nov  9 1989 ./util/unzip-101.hqx
-r    27738 Jan  1 14:26 ./util/uutool-12.hqx

Gregg TeHennepe  **  gateh@conncoll.bitnet  **  SysAdm, Connecticut College

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 15 Mar 91 00:49:04 PST
From: Les_Ferch@mtsg.ubc.ca
Subject: DeskZap - new version?

>But the version I have (1.3a8, 1986) has a bug whereby almost any
>time you are typing in a new filename (such as when creating or
>renaming) it takes about 4.5 seconds to echo each character.

There is a newer version that fixes that bug.  I had it, but lost
it in the crash of 1990 (my Miniscribe 380 died then - luckily
under warranty).  You can probably find it on Genie, but hopefully
someone will upload it to Sumex.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 91 21:53:30 cst
From: charles@calshp.cals.wisc.edu
Subject: Falcon 1.0 compatible with Sys 6.x?

Is Falcon 1.0 (for Plus and SE, 87' version) compatible with Sys 6.5 ?
Or does it require lower version of system?

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 91 10:28:59 EDT
From: "J. Feustle" <FAC0395%UOFT01.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: HP Laserjet II with PostScript Card and a Mac

Hi. Has anyone successfully connected a Laserjet II with either an Adobe
or HP PostScript card in it to a Mac? If so, could you please tell me
what hardware and software are needed? I have an HP that I'd like to
get more use from, particularly with my IIcx.

Card? I mean cartridge.

Many thanks.

J. Feustle
FAC0395@UOFT01.BITNET
Acknowledge-To: <FAC0395@UOFT01>

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 91 10:23:39 CST
From: hirchert@ncsa.uiuc.edu (Kurt Hirchert)
Subject: Info-Mac Digest V9 #60

In article <9103110532.AA26614@sumex-aim.stanford.edu> you write:
>Date: Sun, 10 Mar 91 16:00 EDT
>From: <LONSTERE8185%SNYONEVA@ricevm1.rice.edu>
>Subject: TERMINAL EMULATOR...
>
>Hi Netters!
>The questions I have was suggested and I felt that this was the place to look!
>Is there a program that allows a Macintosh to emulate a Tektronix or Vectrix
>terminal? The idea is to tie directly into the VAX as a graphics terminal and
>use its power for complex graphics rather than the limited resources of our
>Macs.  Anyone heard of this or have any ideas?

Depending on the particular model of Tektronix terminal you want many (perhaps
even most) of them do.  In particular, I know that Versaterm does 401x
emulation and Versaterm Pro does higher models.  I'm certain there are others,
but Versaterm is the program I use, I could check its features more
conveniently.

If you're looking for TCP/IP connections rather than a serial line,
NCSA Telnet does 401x emulation and a subset of the features from higher
models.
--
Kurt W. Hirchert     hirchert@ncsa.uiuc.edu

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 91 19:31 GMT
From: SCCS6075%IRUCCVAX.UCC.IE@forsythe.stanford.edu
Subject: Info-Mac Digest V9 #61

Hello all, I'm about to ask a VERY basic question about Xwindows on the apple
2fx, so all you gurus can skip on to the next message.

My query is  How do you call all the wonderful Xwindows routines from your
C program ? I hope this query makes some sense to some one out there.

It might be of use to know I'm using A/UX on the 2fx, this is where I write my
C programs, so where do the Xwindows calls fit in ?

thanks in advance  David

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 91 10:46 MST
From: Steve <SLOUIE@ccit.arizona.edu>
Subject: Info-Mac Digest V9 #63

To Kee Nethery with the exceptionally large stack (16000 cards).  When you issued the command to unmark all cards, I don't know if HyperCard automatically assumes a lockmessages and lockrecent mode.  That is, as it goes through card by
card if you don't have the lockmessages and lockrecent set to true condition,
perhaps it's also executing some sort of opencard handler.  Just a thought.

------------------------------

Date: 14 Mar 91 17:34 -0600
From: Alan Keahey <umkeahey@ccu.umanitoba.ca>
Subject: Mildly Misleading & Insulting Revisited

OK, no problem, here is the same message again...

Is the complainant serious? If so, I must express my astonishment that
anyone would let a 14K freeware hack become a stimulus for a 1000-byte,
thinly-veneered tirade, such as he has seen fit to disseminate.

I can appreciate that the "advertisement" in question could be
open to misinterpretation (anything can be misinterpreted). However,
the plaintiff himself admits that said "advertisement" only IMPLIES
that Cubist will work on any small-screen Mac, in much the same way
as his quoting of "advertisement" IMPLIES that I have something to gain
>From this program. At no point have I made any guarantee that this
program will work on ANY machine (a message which is stated quite
clearly on the title screen). I would also point out that
eliminating all programs from these archives which do not run flawlessly
on the machines for which they are intended would come as a serious
blow to the Macintosh community. Not even Microsoft (or perhaps,
especially not even Microsoft) can live up to those kinds of standards.

Further, the complainant states that Cubist has been "designed *not* to
work with small Macs that have been enhanced with a large display";
this statement is at best inacurate and at worst slanderous. It is
easily shown from the source code that Cubist has in fact been designed
to not run on ANY large screen, the implication that a special case
has been foreseen and accounted for vis-a-vis the large-screen-on-a-
small-Mac is rejected out of hand.

As a final note I would point out that in the future Jon's interests
might be better served if he were to adopt a somewhat less "uptight"
posture. As it happens, I neglected to consider the possibility
of his configuration occuring. Had he dropped me a friendly
note telling me of his difficulties, I would have been more than
happy to make the necessary changes to the program and provide him
with a new version; indeed, I would have been grateful to receive the
"user input". Under these circumstances, however, I must confess to
being somewhat reluctant to modify Cubist merely to accomodate an user
of his particular ilk.

Sincerely,
Alan Keahey

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1991 17:30:08 EST
From: IOCONNOR@sunrise.acs.syr.edu
Subject: New Aple Printers

Netters,

The only info I have on the new Apple printers I got from the Tuesday edition,
12 Mar 1991, of the New York Times.  They had a write up on both
machines.

The Stylewriter does sound like the deskwriter, but it sounds so much
slower.  The article quotes 2 minutes for some docs.  The DeskWriter
isn't that slow.

I agree that prices will probably fall for the HP and the Stylewriter.  Up
to now, HP had no competition for its Deskwriter, certainly not the
Imagewriter.

Kieran O'Connor

Kep on Mac'in!

IOCONNOR@SUNRISE  (bitnet)

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 15 Mar 91 11:19:18 SST
From: ISSTTH%NUSVM.BITNET@ricevm1.rice.edu
Subject: NEW RODIME DRIVERS

This is a response to my earlier question on new Rodime Drivers.
There are two new drivers for the Cobra drives as well as for the
Rodime drives. Different brand names from the same company.
Unfortunately, I was told that Rodime does not want its software
to be distributed electronically for whatever reasons, so those who
want to upgrade can simply send Rodime your floppies and the folks
there will copy the drivers for you.
Don't forget to put your return address and postage, and send in your
original disks.

Thanks to all who replied.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 91 11:02:02 CST
From: Randy Bradley <MARC003@unlvm>
Subject: Ohio Distinctive Software

     Does anybody know of "Ohio Distinctive Software" company?  A friend
of mine got an offer for some programs:
     1) Executive Diet Helper
     2) Menu Planner
     3) Weight Loss Planner
as a "special promotion offer" to increase public awareness.

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 91 08:28 EDT
From: AL BEST <BEST@ruby.vcu.edu>
Subject: PLI 40 Turbo disk formatter utilities

I have a PLI Infinity 40 Turbo hard disk (removable) with (apparently)
old software (v 1.2).  I've got one platter that refuses to format.
Does anyone know how to get hold of:
PLI Formatter 3.0
REMVINIT 1.4
?
THanks, Al Best, Medical College of Virginia

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 91 19:53:38 GMT
From: mbrown%9296.span@sdsc.edu
Subject: Postscript Queries

I need to take some generic postscript (generated by a 3D
plotting program on an AMDAHL) and incorporate it into
a Word file.  Is there any program that I can read this
postscript file into and then save it in encapsulated
so I can load it into Word?  I can send-ps the file
to a NTX and it has no problems.

Any help would be appreciated and summarized for the net.

Mike Brown - reply to: mbrown@um.cc.umich.edu

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 91 16:02:06 CST
From: Graeme Forbes <PL0BALF@vm.tcs.tulane.edu>
Subject: ResEdit 2.1: getting it

I took Alexander Falk's advice and bought Alley&Strange. Like him I think
it's an excellent book, and it comes with ResEdit 2.1 on a disk. However,
as has recently emerged, 2.1 has bugs, and is being fixed. How do those
who bought the book get the fixes if they don't have access to a service
that posts them?

If a license to post ResEdit costs $100 would the Moderators be willing
to acquire one if they were given $100? Are there another 99 readers
out there like me who'd be happy to send them a dollar for the convenience
of being able to download ResEdit upgrades from sumex?

Graeme Forbes

What the heck. Make it 19 and $5 respectively!

[If it was only a matter of getting $100 from somewhere, that's one thing.
 But from what I remember when I tried to find out about getting Resedit
 here, one extra requirement was that we would need to get a list of the
 people who downloaded it. Since we use anonymous ftp, there is no easy
 way that I know of to get such a list. The commercial services apparently
 keep records of this kind.

 That was a while ago, and things could have changed (or I could be wrong),
 but it presents another possible difficulty. -Bill]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1991 08:52:35 PST
From: Rex Sanders <sanders@parc.xerox.com>
Subject: ResEdit 2.1 Distribution (again)

>      d) If you want to get ResEdit 2.1 as fast as possible and don't
>         have access to commercial services like America Online or GEnie,
>         the easiest way to get ResEdit is to go to your local bookstore
>         and get yourself a copy of "ResEdit Complete" by Peter Alley and
>         Carolyn Strange (Addison-Wesley, 1990), which includes a disk
>         with ResEdit 2.1 on it. It is also a great book about ResEdit and
>         sells for only $29.95.

       e) If you want ResEdit 2.1 soon, cheaper, and with a book "for the
          rest of us", BMUG sells "Zen and the Art of Resource Editing".

-- Rex

------------------------------

Date: Thu, Mar 14, 1991 1:37:07 PM
From: Adam Engst <ace%tidbits.UUCP@theory.tn.cornell.edu>
Subject: shareware authors

shareware authors

I'd like to nominate Dave Warker, who created Remember?, for shareware author
fame. He's been extremely responsive (I'd estimate two days between reporting a
bug and getting a fix back via email on America Online) and very helpful. The shareware
fee for Remember? is well worth it.

Adam Engst, TidBITS Editor

------------------------------

Date: Thu 14 Mar 91 11:17:43-EST
From: Carl Lizza <LIZZA@a.isi.edu>
Subject: Special Gamma

Can anyone explain the value of the "Use Special Gamma" options for
the MacII Hi-Res Video Card. I cannot find any  documentation anywhere
and received none with the card...Thanx

--Carl
 ------

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 91 16:30:09 PST
From: ntg!dplatt@apple.com (Dave Platt)
Subject: System 6 and System 7 on the same drive

	Also, System 7 seems to have the need to be in the root (top
	level, first to mount) partition of a hard partitioned drive.

This was not my experience.  I was able to set up System 7 on the
second partition on a Rodime hard drive that had been formatted with
the Cobra installer.  To boot 7.0, I would simply "un-bless" the System
folder on my first (6.0.7) partition.  The machine would start up,
try to boot from the first partition, reset itself, and then boot from
the second partition... no problem at all.

Many drive-formatting packages (including the older Rodime installer)
aren't able to set up the second and subsequent partitions as bootable
volumes.  I'm not certain why this is.  If your drive has been formatted
using one such utility, then your bootable partition _must_ be the first
regardless of whether you're using System 6.0.x or System 7.0x

	AND, System 7's Virtual Memory will only work on drives
	formatted with Apple's HDSC Setup, which, stupidly enough, does
	not allow more than one Mac partition...

Once again, this was not my experience.  I had no difficulty running VM
on a Rodime disk under System 7.0b2.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 91 10:52:18 EST
From: Mark Edward Toomey <MTOOMEY@uga.cc.uga.edu>
Subject: Thanks for LaserWriter Access Info

Thanks to all the folks providing info as to LaserWriter access restriction
on an AppleTalk net. The LaserWriter Lockout from Sumex seems to fit the
ticket nicely and when we get on the broadband using Cayman's Gatorbox
I've been told I'll have a sufficiently high degree of access control
to various resources on the net.

* Mark Edward Toomey                  Internet: mtoomey@uga.cc.uga.edu *

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 91 13:25:33 CST
From: Your friendly neighbourhood Lab GTA <chai@hawk.cs.ukans.edu>
Subject: Toxic Ravine 1.1 : Bug/Virus?

Dear Netters,

I recently downloaded Toxic Ravine from sumex/info-mac/game and ran it
on my Gatekeepter-protected Mac IIx. Gatekeeper then vetoes a
"Res(Other) against System"!!!

I can't think of a reason why a Game would want to modify system, so I
am not willing to give it permissions... does anyone know what is going
on here? I did try it on a RAMdisk-based machine with no HD and it
*seem*ed to run fine...

Ian Chai
chai@cs.ukans.edu
2fntnougat@ukanvax.bitnet

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 91 18:12:57 +0200
From: "David L. Hirschberg" <BNHIRSCH%WEIZMANN.WEIZMANN.AC.IL@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: Waterloo Script to Earth

Dear Nettters,

I have yet another question.  Does anyone know of a program that can translate
documents written in Waterloo script into something that can be read with
in a Macintosh word processor?  Even if there is something out there that
would strip out  all    the special codes and just leave a text file, hours
could be saved manually deleting all those characters.

David Hirschberg

End of Info-Mac Digest