info-mac-request@SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU (The Moderators) (04/01/91)

Info-Mac Digest             Sun, 31 Mar 91       Volume 9 : Issue 77

Today's Topics:

      [*] Disk status
      [*] Downline
      [*] MACIFY -- program for UNIX AND Mac that converts textfiles
      [*] Murph's VAPORWARE column for April 1991
      [*] TidBITS#50/25-Mar-91
      [*] TidBITS#51/Drive_2.4
      Apple File Exchange and creator attribute...
      DeHQX
      Internet <-> AOL
      IWII & Flaky Mac+
      Mac II Screen Enlarger?
      Modem Software Question
      MS Word 4.0 and print merge
      NFNT editor -- is there one?
      optimizing FixMul()
      Response to request for opinions on Alpha Editor
      Sumex & FTP
      system 6.0.7 compatibility
      vaporware
      What is TidBITS?
      Where is True type?

The Info-Mac newsgroup is moderated by Bill Lipa, Lance Nakata, and Jon Pugh.

[36.44.0.6].  Help files and indices are in /info-mac/help.

Date: Tue, 19 Mar 91 07:55:04 EST
From: saher@neptune.aoe.vt.edu (Saher Lahouar)
Subject: [*] Disk status

This is another very useful multifinder utility.  It puts up a small window
which reports space usage for all the currently mounted volumes (including
partitions). The list of volumes dynamically changes as you insert (mount)
and unmount disks.  The info displayed is completely configurable.  This is
a must for multifinder users with several hard disk partitions, or for people
who do a lot of disk shuffling.

Please report suggestions and bugs to the addresses in the about box or to
   SAHER@VTCC1.VT.CC.EDU
						Enjoy...

					        Saher Lahouar
						Virginia Tech

[Archived as /info-mac/util/disk-status.hqx; 56K]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 19 Mar 91 07:54:51 EST
From: saher@neptune.aoe.vt.edu (Saher Lahouar)
Subject: [*] Downline

  Presenting Downline, a really useful Multifinder utility for those of you
who constantly download binhexed and stuffed files from SUMEX and similar
archive sites.
  It performs batch de-binhexing and unstuffing in the background using the
convenient DROP FOLDER concept.  To operate it, you designate an input and
an output folder (which could be the same) in which you drop various binhexed,
stuffed and packed files.  The application magically performs the necessary
operations.  One extremely handy benefit of the program is that it can run
at the same time as files are being downloaded (if you download them to the
right folder) so you end up with ready to use files.  It is very easy to use,
so enjoy...

(I'm posting this with permission of the author.  Please report bugs to the
addresses specified in the ABOUT box, or to SAHER@VTCC1.VT.CC.EDU)

Saher Lahouar
Virginia Tech

[Archived as /info-mac/comm/downline.hqx; 69K]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 18 Mar 91 07:36:57 -0800
From: Donald Burr <dburr@ocf.berkeley.edu>
Subject: [*] MACIFY -- program for UNIX AND Mac that converts textfiles

                            Macify -- Version 1.3

By: Donald Burr
    INTERNET: dburr@ocf.berkeley.edu, 72540.3071@compuserve.COM
    Compu$erve: 72540,3071         America Online: DonaldBurr

This is version 1.3 of Macify, a UNIX-end program to make your Mac downloads
turn out right.  This version also includes a Mac program that does the
same thing.

It will convert between UNIX newlines and Macintosh end-of-line characters
(control-M, hex 0D).  Direction of conversion (UNIX -> Mac, or Mac -> UNIX)
can be specified at the command line, and thus files can be converted
both directions.

This is useful if your UNIX -> Mac downloads, or uploads, of text files
are failing miserably.  White Knight has a tendency to do this, and other
comm programs may as well.

Please send all comments, bug reports, feature requests, etc. to the
Internet address listed above.

This software is being donated to the public domain.  Permission is hereby
granted to freely copy and distribute this source code, as long as no fees
are charged for such duplication.  Permission is also granted to modify
this source code at will, providing that you insert a notice in the dist-
ribution that this source is NOT the original "Macify" source, and that you
not remove my name from the program and accompanying documentation.

[Archived as /info-mac/unix/macify-13.shar; 273K]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 30 Mar 91 17:07:06 EST
From: Murph Sewall <SEWALL%UCONNVM.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: [*] Murph's VAPORWARE column for April 1991

  12 91/03/29 DIGEST/VAPORWARE-04-91.TXT
In addition to ftp this file can be obtained by email from
LISTSERV@RICEVM1.RICE.EDU the body of the mail should read simply
$MAC GET VAPORWARE-04-91.TXT (No foolin' :-)

------------------------------

Date: Sat, Mar 30, 1991 11:24:16 AM
From: Adam Engst <ace%tidbits.UUCP@theory.tn.cornell.edu>
Subject: [*] TidBITS#50/25-Mar-91

[*] TidBITS#50/25-Mar-91

Index of TidBITS#50/25-Mar-91
Reviews/25-Mar-91

MailBITS/25-Mar-91 - News about the name Sitka

Microsoft Calls Lotus Bet - Microsoft buys a leading
PC email company to counter Lotus

DeskWriter Problems - A couple of problems (and their
solutions) with the DeskWriter

Treading Antitrust Waters? - The Federal Trade
Commission is investigating Microsoft

Multiple Master - Adobe's new optical scaling
technology for fonts.

[Archived as /info-mac/digest/tidbits-50.hqx; 33K]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, Mar 30, 1991 11:27:37 AM
From: Adam Engst <ace%tidbits.UUCP@theory.tn.cornell.edu>
Subject: [*] TidBITS#51/Drive_2.4

[*] TidBITS#51/Drive_2.4

Announcing TidBITS#51, a review of the Drive 2.4 and Rapport
>From Kennect Technology.

The combination of Rapport and the Drive 2.4
provides read/write compatibility with most 3.5" disk
formats as well as several special formats, such as
2.4 MB Mac HFS disks. Kennect's implementation is
clean and unobtrusive and the combination worked
flawlessly for me. As an extra bonus, the Drive 2.4 is
bundled with FastBack II from Fifth Generation
Systems.

Drive 2.4/Rapport Review
  Floppy Woes
  Installation
  Design
  Basic Operation
  Formatting Options
  Negatives
  Conclusion

[Archived as /info-mac/digest/tidbits-51.hqx; 34K]

------------------------------

Date: 30 Mar 91 19:02:00 GMT
From: elsmed@bass.bu.edu (Dipesh Navsaria)
Subject: Apple File Exchange and creator attribute...

   Daniel van Kraalingen writes:

I am using Apple File Exchange quite frequently to convert text files to
and from MS-DOS machines. After conversion to the Mac the icons of the
file are just plain document icons because the creator attribute has
been set to nothing. Unfortunately, the Apple File Exchange program
does not allow the user to set this at his own will. Is it possible to
have AFE give the file a creator attribute ? If this involves editing
with RESEDIT or programs alike, where in the program should this be done ?
If everything fails what is a good DA to modify file types and
creators ?

Daniel van Kraalingen, kraalingen@cabo.agro.nl

=======

   DiskTop is an excellent DA from CE Software that lets you modify
creator and file types easily and quickly by selecting the file and
using "Get Info" on it.  No big deal...

                          ----> Dipesh Navsaria (elsmed@bu-pub.bu.edu)

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1991 08:47:54 EST
From: tim@ufcia.health.ufl.edu (Tim Cera)
Subject: DeHQX

About the recent post about DeHQX.  I found that the command-period
didn't work to stop the translation, BUT I found something out that
you didn't.  The program works very nicely in the background under
multifinder.  I can set it up to DeHQX a file and I really do not
care how long it takes because I then can go do something else.  After
DeHQX is done it beeps.

I think this is a very well written program.  I can't wait to try it on
a multiple file set!

Tim Cera      tim@ufcia.health.ufl.edu

------------------------------

Date: Sat, Mar 30, 1991 11:38:05 AM
From: Adam Engst <ace%tidbits.UUCP@theory.tn.cornell.edu>
Subject: Internet <-> AOL

Internet <-> AOL

(in regard to an Internet gateway...)

> >Does anybody know if there is such a thing for America
> Online?
>
> No. There is no such thing. The people at AOL say that they
> have no plans to implement such a gateway. See also the
> current discussion on comp.sys.mac.comm.

I asked the President of Quantum this question, and this is the response I got.

> Date: 91-03-24 17:00:42 EST From: Steve C Subj: Re:
> Connectivity To: Adam Engst
>
> Adam,
>
> We fully intend to establish links to the rest of the
> electronic world. We have not yet announced specific
> projects and timelines, because we like to avoid vaporware,
> but our intent is clear.
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve

Adam Engst, TidBITS Editor

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 30 Mar 91 10:16:41 EST
From: Bob Rahe <CES00661%UDELVM.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: IWII & Flaky Mac+

  A couple of replies - my dues for the month 8-)

For ZAK and his IWII and no pagination, remember you are using the IW in
essentially raw mode.  The pagination is usually done by the application,
if you are using it in a "typewriter" mode, then expect to do the pagination
in "typewriter" mode; i.e. manually.  But, there is another way.  My IWII
manual shows SW1-5 (dip switch 1, position 5) as controlling "perforation
skip".  Open is inactive, closed is active.  Now, it seems like a pain to
do if you are going to change this a lot, but it probably gives you a 1
inch jump after so many lines on 8.5x11 inch paper.  Just don't forget to
switch it back for normal use.  The manual has no other explanation of
what exactly it does, this is just the users manual, not the "Inside..."
manual.

  For Dieder Bylsma and his flaky Mac+; assuming he really has no hardware
problem - tried all the cleaning/resoldering everyone talks of, and a good
way to tell is if it ONLY happens at one place, his house, then the problem
could very well be power input.  I remember a very strange problem we had
at a University with a Burroughs 7700 mainframe and a big off-line laser
printer.  If the operator's console for the laser (an ADM-3 terminal) was
on the same main circuits (panel&isolation xfrmrs) as the 7700 it would have
a shimmying/waving down the sides of the screen.  We could never decide
exactly what caused it, but looking at the input 60Hz waveform with a scope
showed that the 7700's SCR controlled power supplies were distorting the
waveform to some extent.  As I remember there was a little glitch somewhere
along the sine wave.  Couldn't understand how this could matter since the
terminal had a pretty simple minded power supply but it did.

  For what it's worth,

     Bob

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1991 11:04:37 EST
From: IOCONNOR@sunrise.acs.syr.edu
Subject: Mac II Screen Enlarger?

Hi-_My friend has a IISI and a lot of the games he has were originally
made for the compact Macs (SE's and Pluses).

Here's the question--is there an init or cdev that he could use which would
automatically resize these programs so that they would fill the screen?  It
could be a proportional resize I suppose.  If there isnt a piece
of software out there--perhaps someone might make a few $?

Keep on Mac'in!

Kieran  IOCONNOR@SUNRISE (bitnet)  IOCONNOR@SUNRISE.ACS.SYR.EDU (internet)

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 31 Mar 1991 13:25:55 EST
From: IOCONNOR@sunrise.acs.syr.edu
Subject: Modem Software Question

Does someone know of a good shareware program which supports Z-Modem
*and* Kermit?  I would like to have both in one.  I currently own Micro-
phone II whci has Kermit, and am trying Z-Term whci has Z-Modem.  I'd
rather have just one.

BTW Microphone II (the latest version is two expensive.  I got my copy
>From a friend when he sold his Mac and went IBM.  He only charged 25$,
the new version is 215$

Kieran O'Connor

Date: 31 Mar 91 13:46:26 U
From: "David Stradley" <david_stradley@inbox.wfunet.wfu.edu>
Subject: MS Word 4.0 and print merge

When I try to do a print merge with less than 2.5 M of RAM allocated to Word,
my system runs out of memory. I have tried using an SE, an SE/30, and a Mac II.
The same thing happens each time. Can any one help?

Reply to me at: david_stradley@inbox.wfunet.wfu.edu

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1991 22:22:05 GMT
From: johnsone@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu (Erik A. Johnson)
Subject: NFNT editor -- is there one?

I wrote:
>That is exactly the reason I wrote my FONT->NFNT utility.  I did ask sometime
>back what applications can edit NFNTs, and the only positive reponse said (if
>I remember correctly) that Fontographer could edit NFNTs.  But since
>Fontographer costs a bit of $$, [etc.]

I have been informed that Fontastic Plus can also edit NFNTs and is much
less expensive than Fontographer.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 30 Mar 91 20:10:29 -0500
From: ak751@cleveland.freenet.edu (Mark Saltzman)
Subject: optimizing FixMul()

        I am writing a set of objects in Think C for digital sound synthesis
which rely heavily on fixed point arithmetic.  Stepping through the
calls to FixMul() with MacsBug it appears that many of the instructions are
spent doing things other than multiplying fixed point numbers.  I would like
to turn the FixMul() calls into asm instructions by using a macro, but I
don't know assembly language very well.  If anyone has any suggestions
or code I would greatly appreciate it.  When you have to calculate 22,000
samples per second of sound using various oscillators, filters, envelopes,
etc..., those Fixed point procedure calls really add up.
thanks,
-mark

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 30 Mar 91 16:52:28 EST
From: jeffrey templon <templon@copper.ucs.indiana.edu>
Subject: Response to request for opinions on Alpha Editor

Hi,

	You mentioned you wanted opinions about the Alpha editor.  I
have used this editor in the past, and found it lacking so I did not
keep it.  I just saw version 3.531 posted and am looking at it now.

This editor has great great potential, but in my opinion it is still
lacking in several ways.

1) some operations are very slow.  An example is to do a 'find and
replace all' on a large text file.  You can literally watch it do these
replacements (scroll, select, replace) on a Mac SE.  It should be
much faster than this.

2) some operations are impossible to terminate without resetting the
machine.  sorry, i can't give definite examples but this has happened
to me several times (not yet with the latest version.)

3) error handling is really awful.  operations like the find-and-replace
one above, if done on a very large file, will sometimes exhaust memory.
Alpha does not like to run out of memory.  It refuses to do anything but
present dialog boxes like 'please restart', and there is never any warning
that this condition is going to occur.  So you have to be very careful
when operating on large files.

One more thing that would really be nice is conditionals in the macro
language.

I have corresponded with the author and he was willing to try and work
on the bugs, but I get the impression that there were ones other than
mine which sounded like mine and got fixed when he indicated that the
bugs were fixed.  I still (even with the latest version) get very nasty
out-of-memory crashes.

Other than these problems, I have not found a better editor on the Mac.
I have tried in the past Medit, MicroEmacs, and McSink.

					Jeff

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 19 Mar 91 12:26:40 EST
From: Tom Coradeschi <tcora@pica.army.mil>
Subject: Sumex & FTP

   Some folks on comp.sys.mac.comm have been enquiring about how to do ftp
sessions with sumex, now that the 25 user limit has been imposed. The obvious
solution is to run your ftp session at 5AM Pacific, but for left-coasters,
and many of us to the east, that's a little difficult.

   One solution is to run your ftp session via a script. The following is
one I've been using for a long time, and it seems to work quite well.

   In order to make the script capable of autonomously logging in (without
your being there to give username and password), you need a '.netrc' file
in your home directory. This file should have read and write permissions for
the user only (chmod 600 .netrc), and be of the following format:

machine sumex-aim.stanford.edu,	login anonymous, password user@host.site.dom

   Fill in your own email address for the password.

   In order to run the shellscript during off hours, you can use one of these
two methods (and I'm sure there are others).

   The first is to have the shellscript "sleep" for a given number of hours
(seconds, actually). Let's say that it's 5PM, and you want the script to run
at 2AM. 5PM->2AM= 9 hrs = 32,400 seconds. So, you type:

(sleep 32400;sumex.get)&

   Where the sleep 32400 command waits for 9 hrs, and sumex.get is the name
of your shellscript. The & character is the Cshell command to run the
process in the background. If you run bourne shell or k shell or whatever,
you'll have to dig around for the appropriate command to do that. The ;
separator tells your shell environment to run the commands sequentially, so
after 32,400 seconds, sumex.get executes, and (hopefully) gets you your
files.

   The second method is to use the "at" command. Here, the syntax is a
little simpler, but you must be sure that at runs on your system. Again,
there may be an equivalent command on your particular system. Simply type:

at 0200 sumex.get

   At 0200 hrs (2AM) sumex.get will execute.

   OK. On to the scripts. There are two files I'm including here, where one
is the script and the other is the input file it looks for. In this case,
I'm calling them sumex.get and sumex.files. Determining which is the script
and which is the input file is left as an exercise for the reader:-}

   The shellscript does the following: It ftps to sumex, and tries to get
the files called for in sumex.files. If it cannot successfully complete the
ftp session, ie, some sort of an error is reported, that error is written to
the errors file. The script checks on the size of the errors file, and if
that file has size > 0, then it waits the interval you've designated, and
tries the ftp session again.

====file sumex.get====
#!/bin/sh
# Shell script to try repeatedly to get files via ftp from the host named
# below. The host is repeatedly polled until the session is successfully
# completed.
# This is the site we're ftp'ing to.
host=sumex-aim.stanford.edu
# Define the input, result and error files.
in=sumex.files
out=$host.results
err=$host.errs
# How long to sleep between subsequent tries (in seconds):
#time=600	# Ten minutes
time=3600	# An hour
#time=7200	# Two hours
echo "Starting to get files from $host." > $out
# Try to make connection w/out error loop first time
# Initialize the error message file so we start the loop:
echo "Trying to reach $host at time:" >> $out
date +'%H:%M hrs; %d %h %y' >> $out
ftp $host < $in >> $out 2> $err
# MAIN LOOP: If error file isn't empty, we sleep for an hour and try again.
while test -s $err
do
  echo "Cannot connect now, will try again in $time seconds." >> $out
  sleep $time
  echo "Trying to reach $host at time:" >> $out
  date +'%H:%M hrs; %d %h %y' >> $out
  ftp $host < $in >> $out 2> $err
done
echo "File transfer successful!" >> $out
====end sumex.get====

   The input file merely contains the commands you would type in, if you
were doing this manually. Make sure!! that you include the quit command on
the last line.

====file sumex.files===
cd info-mac/card
get el-verbo-simple.hqx
cd ../init
get randomizer.hqx
quit
====end sumex.files====

   I hope that my explanation has been clear enough. Really all you should
have to do is to edit out all my bs and save the two files off separately.
Make sure that the shellscript is executable ('chmod 744 sumex.get' should do
it), and off you go...

tom coradeschi    <+>    tcora@pica.army.mil    <+>    tcora@dacth01.bitnet

PS: If your system doesn't run some sort of unix (UNIX, A/UX, SunOS, etc),
all bets are off.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 31 Mar 91 01:00:00 EST
From: George <ST701640@brownvm.brown.edu>
Subject: system 6.0.7 compatibility

Well, thanks for all those who helped.  I will attempt to summarize all the
ideas which were presented to me.  It seems to have worked for now, but my
configuration is still a bit buggy.  I'm running on a SE30 with 8 megs and an
internal 40 meg hard drive and an external 35 meg hard drive.  For some reason,
whenever I don't boot up my external drive, I get more system errors.  Hmm...
I'm using system 6.0.7 with finder 6.1.7, and I've cut out many of my inits and
cdevs.  the only ones I have left are Suitcase II, On Cue, AutoMac III (Quick-
keys 1.4 seems to give me more errors than does me any good), True Type, ATM
(although I only turn this on when I'm printing), Mirror, InitPicker 2.0, After
Dark 2.0, Heap tools 1.4, Inuse, and SCSI Probe.  Does that still seem like a
lot?  I'm using Heaptool to give my system 400 more Kbytes.  It's pretty stable
now.  Anyway, here's the info I got:

File saver from Norton Utilities caused someone problems, so I trashed that.  I
don't know how stable it is under older systems though.

HierDA caused me some headaches.  It took me some time to figure out that I
needed to place it last, so my system couldn't keep crashing.  Then someone
sent me mail telling me to remove it from my system because it caused some bugs
with some programs.  So I did.

HeapTool 1.4 I got from the sumex.  I used that instead of Heap Fixer, an appli
-cation which will change your system heap permanently.  It seems to work a
bit better.

Someone told me that I should give my finder more memory.  But I doubt this is
the root of the problem since I already allotted 6000K to my finder.

Someone else told me that system 6.0.7 was only good for LC, IIsi, and the
Classic.  Well, why did Apple even distribute it then?  And I didn't read about
a formal report from Apple one this.

The strange thing is that some people actually report that their SE30's are
doing just honky-dory.  They just experience minor crashes, if at all.  Hmm...
could this be a case with the simm cards which I installed.  Is there an appli-
cation out there which can check the simms cards?

Anyway, the final solution, which really isn't a solution to me at all, because
I have to program in Hypercaard for a computer science project I'm doing, was
to wait fro system 7.0 to come out.  It's rumored that this system is the most
stable, and will solve most of these problems (yeah, right! And probably create
more of its own!).

But thanks to all of those who tried to help.  It has helped;  even the small-
est help is appreciated.

George Lai
ST701640@brownvm

Disclaimer:  All the things I have written in this document are only the opin-
ions of others and of my own experience.  They should not be taken as software
bashing or advertising.  In other words, take it or leave it!

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 30 Mar 91 23:38:28 EST
From: Murph Sewall <SEWALL%UCONNVM.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: vaporware

On Sat, 30 Mar 91 21:33:35 MST you quoted the April VAPORWARE column:
>> Not an April Fool's Joke.
>> NuTek expects manufacturers to begin shipping Macintosh
>> clones based on their chipsets (see last month's column) by
>> the end of the year.  Some analysts believe that, by that
>> time, a 68030 Mac compatible with hard disk and color
>> monitor will retail for less than $700. - MacWorld April
>
>  I don't have a subscrption to MacWorld, but I was wondering if
>it should be $1700 instead?  $700 puts it less expensive than
>a PC!

I only report rumors, it's up to you to decide what you believe.  I did
double check (page 117).  Actually it says "just over $600."  It could
be WAY over $600, I suppose.  Or maybe it will require a VERY expensive
keyboard :-)  I guess I should have put an exclamation point after the
price (I don't know whether I believe it either).  It'll be a clone;
it'll "look funny;" BUT it'll be licensed to several vendors.  The
$600 probably is a mail order, generic brand special.

Other interesting little bits along those lines:

* Apple IS testing a IIgs card for the LC
* Somewhere there's an LC prototype with a 20 MHz 68030 <-- 30 CPU
* The Notebook Mac currently planned for November (or so) will be
  AGGRESSIVELY priced (probably less than 80386SX notebooks); the
  educational price may be less that $3,000, and (as mentioned before)
* look for TWO 68040 Macs in August; the MacTower (meant as a network
  server) with a list of $15K or so, and a desktop in a IIci form factor
  with a list of $10K or so.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, Mar 30, 1991 11:34:32 AM
From: Adam Engst <ace%tidbits.UUCP@theory.tn.cornell.edu>
Subject: What is TidBITS?

What is TidBITS?

What is TidBITS?
 ---------------

TidBITS is a free weekly electronic publication that reports on interesting
products and events in the computer industry, with an emphasis on the world of
the Macintosh. In addition to weekly issues, we occasionally publish formal
review issues and special issues focussing on a single topic. We feel that
publications like TidBITS will become an important medium of exchange as the
world becomes more electronically connected. TidBITS has a number of advantages
of paper publications that ensure its popularity.

* TidBITS wastes no natural resources (other than time);
* You can easily add TidBITS articles to your own searchable HyperCard (at
least for now) archive;
* TidBITS is a wholly international publication, reaching thousands of readers
in 16 countries;
* TidBITS is more timely than most publications because of the speed of
electronic communications;
* TidBITS, in subscribing to the theory of "free information for the people,
>From the people," accepts submissions of articles, reviews, or special reports
>From anyone so long as the submissions meet our policy of "subjective, but
fair." If you are interested in writing for TidBITS, please ask for a copy of
our guidelines via email.

For those of you who do not have reliable access to the standard Internet or
BITNET file sites, TidBITS is available on America Online in the Macintosh News
section of ForumLink, GEnie, CompuServe, Fidonet, and the British National PD
Software Archive. Sorry, but we can't help you find the specific location of
TidBITS on these services. In addition, a large number of BBS's carry TidBITS,
so it is always worth checking out local BBS's.

Contact information
 ------------------

Internet:       ace@tidbits.tcnet.ithaca.ny.us
                ace@tidbits.uucp
                pv9y@vax5.cit.cornell.edu
                pv9y@cornella.cit.cornell.edu
BITNET:         pv9y@cornella, pv9y@crnlvax5
CompuServe:     >INTERNET:ace@tidbits.tcnet.ithaca.ny.us
            (or >INTERNET:plus any other Internet address above)
America Online: Adam Engst
AppleLink:      ace@tidbits.uucp@internet#
Snail:          Adam Engst & Tonya Byard
                TidBITS
                901 Dryden Rd., #88
                Ithaca, NY, 14850

Thanks for your interest...
   Adam C. Engst and Tonya Byard, TidBITS Editors

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1991 15:32 EST
From: FRITZ MORGAN <IRC_FM@vax.clarku.edu>
Subject: Where is True type?

Can someone tell me were to look at Apple.com for true type and system 6.0.7
if they even put it there? Thank you

Please send mail to me
Bitnet: Fmorgan@clarku.bitnet
Internet: Fmorgan@ollie.clarku.edu