info-mac-request@SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU (The Moderators) (04/18/91)

Info-Mac Digest             Wed, 17 Apr 91       Volume 9 : Issue 90

Today's Topics:

      [*] Harrington font
      8-bit color card for 19" monitor.
      America Online Thanks!
      AppleShare Problem - Help Needed
      assembly language reply
      Crab Attack II nastiness
      Crab Attack II Problems
      Crab Attack Nastiness Revisited
      DiskDoubler & Salient
      Font conversion legalities?
      Gatekeeper & 6.0.7
      Help Wanted on Data Acquisition
      Internet tour
      Mac IIcx Problems
      MacIntosh Software Questions
      Modem Connection 3270 emulator
      MS Word --> SCRIPT/GML conversion
      Random number generators summary
      Reponses to types of Debugger...
      Sam Virus Update
      Self Extracting Application problems
      SF 171 Form Source
      Text drawing problem
      Voyager Art
      Zoom 9600 baud modems?

The Info-Mac newsgroup is moderated by Bill Lipa, Lance Nakata, and Jon Pugh.

[36.44.0.6].  Help files and indices are in /info-mac/help.

Date: Tue, 16 Apr 91 22:44:32 -0800 (PST)
From: dplatt@snulbug.mtview.ca.us (Dave Platt)
Subject: [*] Harrington font

This posting contains a convertion into TrueType format of the Harrington
font.  What follows is a StuffIt 1.5.1 archive containing the Harrington
PostScript font as it was originally received by me (bitmap, downloadable
PostScript file(s), and perhaps documentation and/or AFM files).  I've
added a suitcase file which contains a TrueType version of the font,
created by FontMonger 1.0.

Generic statement: I am not the author of this font;  I'm simply
converting it as a service to the Mac community.  I believe that it's
legitimate for me to convert and redistribute this font... if you feel
otherwise or have information to the contrary, please contact me via
email.  If this is a shareware font, please honor the author's shareware
request if you use either the PostScript or TrueType version of the
font.

---
Dave Platt

[Archived as /info-mac/font/tt/harrington.hqx; 63K]

------------------------------

Date: 16 Apr 91 22:10:59 GMT
From: htn@mips.com (Michael Ngo)
Subject: 8-bit color card for 19" monitor.

I need help :-)

I have been searching for an 8-bit color card for Mac-II that will drive a
19" color monitor.  This monitor is a Hitachi model 4619-B-AA-2.

    specification:
    -------------
	- Screen resolution	1280 x 1024
	- Horizontal scan	61 - 65 KHz (adjustable)
	- Vertical scan		50 - 70 Hz  (adjustable)

	- Wire connection - Negative polarity
		* 3-wire: R-G-B (Using Green as sync source)
		* 4-wire: R-G-B + ExtSync

RasterOp has the ColorBoard 228 which will drive this monitor. However, they only
sell it as a CAD package (ColorBoard-228 and monitor).

Has anyone out there (with the same monitor) able to find or have of a color
board for this monitor.

Any suggestion or help pointing to the right source is greatly appreciated.

Mike N.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 16 Apr 91 16:58:58 CDT
From: Rob Schoenborn <S099030@umrvma.umr.edu>
Subject: America Online Thanks!

Thanks to all that replied to my query about America On Line.  This is what
I found out.

1. You can reach them at 1(800) 227-6364.

2. They use a special software that gives you a mac like interface, and
   they even configure it for you the first time you use it.

3. Members get a usage credit for subscribing new users, and I this is
   what I did to get online.  Why not help somebody else.

I also learned that the Moderators don't like signatures *grin*.
Thanks for all the help
Rob

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 91 10:01:57 SDT
From: Guenther Blaschek <Blaschek%EDVZ.UNI-Linz.AC.AT@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: AppleShare Problem - Help Needed

I have been asked for help with an ApleShare problem. The configuration is:
 - 7 MacIIcx, 1 MacIIci as AppleShare clients
 - 1 MacIIci as AppleShare server (with a 1GB Optima disk)
All Macs run System 6.0.5 and are connected via EtherTalk.

The problem is that SOME (not all) Macs exhibit network activity when
LOCAL folders are opened. Sometimes, it takes SEVERAL MINUTES until the
window appears in the Finder. During that time, the AppleShare arrows blink
in the menu bar. This occurs only if an AppleShare volume is mounted. When
it is unmouted, everything goes back to normal. Strange enough, opening a
folder on the remote AppleShare disk is done with the usual speed.
When the Desktop file of the local hard disk is rebuilt, the problem
disappears, but not forever. Until now, we cannot tell exactly when it
reappears.

Any hints would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
gue -- Guenther Blaschek -- blaschek@alijku11.bitnet -- gue@soft.uni-linz.ac.at

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 91 15:39 GMT
From: <LANKTON%COLOLASP.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: assembly language reply

Date 4/17/91
>From: Mark Lankton     <Lankton@COLOLASP(BITNET)>
All About:   Assembly Language and Debuggers

In info-mac v9-88 Loki Jorgenson asks:

>Are there any programs or tutuorials available which would be useful
>for someone wanting to learn/experiment with ASSEMBLY code on a Mac?  I am
>not even sure if this is a particularly useful idea on a Mac but I felt
>it worth asking.

and Gordon Watts asked for recommendations for good assembly-level
debuggers.

1) Yes, learning a bit of assembly language is really useful on a Mac.
There are a number of useful books, but the best introduction to that
world is Scott Knaster's "How to Write Macintosh Software". This
excellent book was written to describe how Mac software "really" works,
that is, how your C or Pascal or whatever translates into assembly code
and drives the computer.

One of the useful tricks he describes is how to step through your program
using an assembly-level debugger such as TMON or MacsBug, watching how
things work. This is a real education for programmers, and I recommend it.

2) Which debugger? I have used TMON personally for years and I'm a
fan. I recently got the announcement for TMON Pro, which appears to have
a batch of new features, some of which (e.g. understanding 68881
instructions) have been SORELY needed. It looks good.

MacsBug (current version is 6.2) has been running ahead of TMON in
some features, behind in others, but has two important advantages:
 a) It's supported directly by the smart guys at Apple.
 b) It's free.

Both of these debuggers are excellent tools. TMON's interface is a
bit more "interactive", but either one will do the job well.
My advice: Get both, and you will learn to love one of them.

TMON comes from:
 ICOM Simulations, Inc
 648 S. Wheeling Road
 Wheeling, IL 60090
 (708) 5204440

MacsBug6.2 is available from AppleLink and the commercial nets (Genie,
CompuServe. It is also available from APDA, although they may not
be shipping the latest version yet.

Have fun!
Mark Lankton
Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics, University of Colorado

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1991 23:49 CDT
From: Stark Raving <TRIMPERG@lawrence.edu>
Subject: Crab Attack II nastiness

Michael Everson <MEVERC95%IRLEARN.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu> writes:

>Does Crab Attach II work for anyone?

Just fine, but doesn't seem to like Multifinder.

>If the II is supposed to mean 'only works on a II'

Nope.  Works better on an SE.

>nothing happened until I hit the restart switch on my SE/30
>...and a note could have been included to that effect in the posting
>...and took about an hour to download.

Well, I play it about every other day on my SE/30 8/80, under Finder,
running either 6.0.4, 6.0.5, or 6.0.7, and have had no problems
at all.  Sounds, speed, graphics, etc, all work fine.  Make sure that
you are running FINDER, not MF, as it does not seem to like MF on
the SE/30 (worked fine on the SE with 6.0.4, though).  And it took
a little over an hour to upload as well, which I wouldn't have
done had I thought it worth it.

Greg Trimper  Trimperg@lawrence.bitnet  - this space for hire -

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 16 Apr 91 23:37 CDT
From: ozymandias G desiderata <NORVELL%KNOX@ricevm1.rice.edu>
Subject: Crab Attack II Problems

        I've had Crab Attack II for several weeks now, and it has always run
fine on my computer, which is a SE/30. I suspect that, once again, the problem
is that people have an init conflict. Also, check to be sure that you AREN'T
running System 6.0.7 because, for some strange reason, 6.0.7 will crash many
games like there's no tomorrow. If you're that set on playing it (and it is a
wonderful game, if fiendishly difficult after the third level), try replacing
your system software with an earlier version, but of course, first check to
make sure that you've removed any possible INIT conflicts.

Forrest
NORVELL@KNOX.BITNET

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 91 09:05:32 GMT
From: Michael Everson <MEVERC95%IRLEARN.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: Crab Attack Nastiness Revisited

I was able to get Crab Attack II to run under the Finder; it crashes under
MultiFinder. It would have been nice if this fact had been written into
a "Please retry under Finder" alert, or at least written into the
posting note.

On the other hand, the game's no Scarab of Ra......

Obscurely,
Michael Everson

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1991 07:35 EST
From: "Bill Doemel, Director of Computer Services" <DOEMELB%WABASH.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: DiskDoubler & Salient

I report to you my recent experience with Salient Software, specifically
Wilson at Salient. As I reported to the list, I have been using Version 3.
0a of DiskDoubler. When I upgraded to 3.1.2, I thought I followed all of
the directions (you must be certain that the old DiskDoubler applications,
inits & stand-alone expander documents are removed from you hard disk).
When the application failed to work as advertised, I called Salient. Their
consultant was busy so I left my number. Wilson called back yesterday
afternoon and left a message on my machine. When I didn't return his call,
he called me back again today. After a bit of discussion, he said he would
send me the icon updater. (I had assured him that I had done a find file
and had removed all of the old versions.) About 5 minutes later, he called
back and had me repeat the process. I found a file buried deep in a disk
that wasn't connected when I first did the search. Also, I had placed the
Goodies folder on my hard drive. He patiently waited while I repeated the
process of removing all previous versions of the init and the application
and then rebuiling the desktop, about 20 minutes. He was polite and
patient--he should have called me a dumb user. In short,
I report to you that Salient Software deserves plaudits for their
application and for their technical support!!!!!

This version does all that it claims--double clicking on a compressed
document, decompresses the document and launches the application. When you
quit the application, the document is recompressed. You can also open
documents from within applications and the process repeats itself. On an
SE30, this process is FAST--much faster than decompressing a document with
Compact Pro or Stuffit.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 91 10:14 EST
From: "Mark Nutter, Apple Support" <MANUTTER@grove.iup.edu>
Subject: Font conversion legalities?

At the risk of opening a can of worms, I'd like to pose a question about the
legal/ethical issues involved in converting Type 1 PostScript fonts to
TrueType.  Specifically, if I go out and buy a bunch of commercial fonts from
Adobe or some other vendor, are there any legal/ethical restrictions to prevent
me from copying them all into TrueType format?

Mark Nutter [MANUTTER@IUP]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 91 16:04:50 CST
From: Larry Pickett <C4898%UMSLVMA.bitnet@umrvmb.umr.edu>
Subject: Gatekeeper & 6.0.7

Under 6.0.7 with gatekeeper installed I repeatedly get the following
error gatekeeper has vetoed an attempt by [whatever appl] to
violate "res(system)" privileges against system.
[ RsrcMapEntry(DRVR,2) ]

This occurs the first time I attempt to print from an application
if I turn GK off and print then turn it on everything is ok from
that application.  Switch applications and try to print the sequence
repeats itself.

Any ideas.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 91 15:19:47 EDT
From: williams@oyster.smcm.edu (Bill Williams)
Subject: Help Wanted on Data Acquisition

I'm in a real rush to get prices and information on data acquisition products
that can be hooked up to an SE.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I need eight input channels (A->D) and four outputs (D->A).  Twelve-bit
resolution is just fine, and sampling speed is of absolutely no concern.

So far, so good, but now comes the problem:  I need EXCELLENT thermocouple-
sensing capability -- something like an isothermal terminal block with a
very accurate thermistor thermally bonded to it -- plus either hardware or
software (preferred, and I can do it myself) ice-point compensation.  This
puts National out of the running, according to the representative I talked
to there.

What disturbs me is that two of the companies I called -- Metrabyte and Data
Translation -- have gotten out of the Macintosh business!  Arghhh!  Am I
going to have to go the (shudder!) PC route to get my lab working??!!??

Oh, yes, one final note:  I'd really like to do this with an existing SE,
rather than buying a Mac II.  If I need more than one slot, does anyone
know of a slot-extender for an SE?  Please reply directly, since I am in
a great hurry:  the grant has to be written by Friday 19-April.

					-Bill Williams
					-St. Mary's College of Maryland

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 91 13:12:15 CDT
From: Graeme Forbes <PL0BALF@vm.tcs.tulane.edu>
Subject: Internet tour

Has anyone managed to download the internet tour stack from nnsc.nsf.net?
Their filenames look weird to me, and standard syntax with the "Get"
command just produces "Invalid Filename".

Graeme Forbes

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 91 8:12:13 EDT
From: marc@rainbow.mitre.org (Marc Friedman)
Subject: Mac IIcx Problems

	We have something strange happening here that I can't make any
sense of.  We have:

	Mac IIcx w/ 8 Mb RAM
	40 Mb HD
	19" Apple Monochrome Monitor
	5.25" External PC Drive
	Soft PC w/ AT Option Module

		and

	Mac IIx w/ 8 Mb RAM
	80 MB HD
	19" RasterOps Color Monitor
	5.25": External PC Drive
	Soft PC w/ AT Option Module

Problem 1:

	Mac IIcx System - When we boot Soft PC with the 5.25" drive
set to A:, the system takes forever and a day to load (3 - 5 mins.)

	Mac IIx System - With everything set the same as above,
the system takes less than 30 seconds to load.

Problem 2:

	Mac IIcx System - SoftPC will not identify drive E: as Mac
Partition.  I've gone through the PC Drives menu a few times and set
drive E: to the SoftPC folder, but trying to access it yields an error.

 	Mac IIx System works fine.

Problem 3:

	Mac IIcx System - if you want to read a 5.25" IBM disk, you
have to have the disk in the PC Drive when you launch Apple File
Exchange.  If not, Apple File Exchange will not scan the PC Drive.

	Mac IIx System - you do not need to have the disk in the
drive when you launch Apple File Exchange.  The drive is constantly
scanned to see if a disk is inserted.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 16 Apr 91 07:59:55 EDT
From: Steve Greenfield <FEATS%VTVM1.BITNET@ricevm1.rice.edu>
Subject: MacIntosh Software Questions

1)  What software and manuals come with a new MAC (IIsi)?
2)  In Scott Knaster's book, 'How to Write MacIntosh Software', he talks
    about TMON!  Who makes TMON and/or where can one get it?
3)  Who makes ResEdit and/or how does one get it?
4)  What is the best word processor for the MAC?  I was going to buy
    Word 4.0, but lately I have second thoughts!
5)  What will Adobe Type Manager get me if I buy a Hewlett Packard
    DeskWriter?  Where can I get it?
6)  What are the latest and greatest releases of StuffIt and BinHex?
    Where can I get them?
7)  MPW, how much does it cost and where would I get it?
8)  Which of the following Assemblers is considered the best?
    a)  Consulair 68000 Development System
    b)  HeapShow Version 3.0
    c)  MacAdvantage 68000 Assembler
    d)  TMON v.2.8.2 by Icom Simulations
    e)  uASM/Micro Dialects, Inc.
    f)  are there any good PD assemblers?

feats@vtvm1.cc.vt.edu

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 91 10:41:04 PLT
From: Joshua Yeidel <YEIDEL@wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu>
Subject: Modem Connection 3270 emulator

The problem is a little more complex than you may have thought.  IBM
3270-type communication was designed as mainframe<->3274 controller<->
3278 terminal (substitute appropriate models of controller and terminal
as needed).  The connection from the mainframe to the controller is
ordinarily a "channel-attach" -- a high-speed, short-range, direct
connection with a proprietary protocol.

To emulate a 3270 connection, _something_ has to fool the mainframe
into thinking it's talking on a channel to a 3274.  With tn3270, the
fooling is done by IBM software called "TCP/IP for VM" (FAL for short)
that runs (invisibly to you) on the mainframe.  There also has to be
ethernet hardware on the mainframe.  FAL intercepts 3274 controller
commands from other VM software and puts them out on the ethernet.
tn3270 then can read them and emulate the terminal on your Mac.

Another approach is to use outside hardware (a "protocol converter"),
which looks like a 3274 to the mainframe, and like an ASCII host to the
terminal.  This is typically expensive hardware that is owned by the
mainframe computer center, since it has to be in the machine room to
be channel-attached.  IBM makes a protocol converter with the number
7171.  To connect this way, your Mac emulates some kind of ASCII terminal
like a VT100, _not_ a 3270.  The 7171 takes care of fooling the mainframe
into thinking you are a 3274/3278.

Your best bet is to talk to your computing center folks about connection
options for your particular mainframe.  See if you can find a Mac enthusiast
in the bunch (there's usually at least one).

-- Joshua Yeidel (Bi-sync gurus feel free to correct me via e-mail)

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 16 Apr 91 23:51:10 EDT
From: Loren Ryter <ST701831@brownvm.brown.edu>
Subject: MS Word --> SCRIPT/GML conversion

Does there exist any applications that will covert an MS Word to
SCRIPT/GML?
It seems to me that this would be a very useful tool for all of us
mac and mainframe users.
What I envision perhaps more reasonably entails an RTF (rich text
format) to script/gml conversion program.
This could either be an REXX program, which would operate after uploading
the RTF file to the mainframe, or it could be a Mac application which would
do the conversion on the mac side.
It should recognize fonts, itallics, bold type, various paragraph formats,
as well as headers, footers, footnotes and endnotes, etc.
Would this be a nightmare to program?  I don't expect anything like this
exists?
--Loren

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 91 15:09:10 MET DST
From: gs@statlab.uni-heidelberg.de (G. Sawitzki)
Subject: Random number generators summary

In #89, DRBH gives a summary on random number generators, including
four responses. They show a wealth of possibilities.

The short summary is:
	           all these responses are the same,
and all leadexactly to the random number generator implemented in SANE and
quickdraw. This is the LGM generator based on
		x'= (7^5*x) mod (2^31-1)

Randseed holds the true random number, and Random returns only the lower
16 bit.
	LGM=Park&Miller=Quickdraw randseed=SANE
	minimal standard ACM = lower 16 bit of LGM = Quickdraw random.
Don't program it yourself. It is already there. Only use it correctly.

Of course, as DRBH has observed, you better only initialize the generator once
for every thread you are using. The new seed is automatically updated in
Randseed, so you need not restore it.

As Adam Miller has pointed out, using randseed:=tickcount as an initialization
is ok for most applications, but will give repeated series if used in a startup
application.
Using GetDateTime(RandSeed) is ok for applications launched at startup time as
long as you do create just on thread (or at least initialize at most one thread
per second).
 Guenther

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1991 14:31:05 CDT
From: "URHEP::WATTS"@fnali.fnal.gov (Gordon Watts @ U. of Rochester)
Subject: Reponses to types of Debugger...

Hi y'all,
  Thanks to all that responded to my low level debugger question.  It seems
that MacsBug is no longer a small time debugger, but quite powerful now (with
drop in tools ala XCMDs in Hypercard!).  I have also heard that it is avalible
at any online BBS that can distribute Apple software (positive ident at AOL).
Anyone know, for those of us too cheap to get on these services, where else it
might be avalible (not at apple.com, as I checked already -- unless I missed
it!).

Gordon Watts
BITNET: WATTS@UORHEP
INET: "URHEP::WATTS"@fnala.fnal.gov

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 91 10:50:02 PDT
From: Gary Greene <garyg@zip.convergent.com>
Subject: Sam Virus Update

In comp.sys.mac.digest you write:

>I just received a note from Symantec saying that there is a new virus around
>which will infect HyperCard stacks called the HC virus.  The note also says
>that they are unable to supply me with the anti virus code for this virus
>because it is too complex.  They go on to say that if I upgrade to version 3.0
>for "$29.00 (plus shipping and handling, and sales tax)" that the new version
>will protect me from this Hypercard virus.

>Is this all a gymic to get me to upgrade?  How many other viruses will be too
>complex for the older version to handle? Is there claim true, is the code for
>the hypercard virus too complex for the old version(2.0)?

Drew -- I'm a little hazy about exactly where this virus grafts itself into a
stack, but I'm under the impression that it attacks an area that SAM simply
is not coded to check or deal with, so its a basic lack of functionality.
They would need to add code to SAM itself before it could attack the problem,
which is presumably what they did in the upgrade.  My impressions are based
on some hasty skimming in MacWeek, but I couldn't tell you where right now.
I don't know what they might have meant by "too complex" beyond that.

Gary Greene	Unisys/Convergent Technology	garyg@convergent.com

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 91 00:54:58 EST
From: Murph Sewall <SEWALL%UCONNVM.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: Self Extracting Application problems

On Sun, 14 Apr 91 13:19 EDT you said:
>I've downloaded several files from macserve with the .sea extention. I've
>binhexed with no problems, but when i double click on the file (to self-
>extract the application) the virus checker Gatekeeper does not allow the
>process to take place.  Gatekeeper says that the file is attempting to
>violate the "File(other)" privilages.  Does anyone know what's going on?

I believe the documentation for Gatekeeper explains the phenomenon (I
read the docs and decided the Disinfectant INIT was sufficient protection
for my purposes -- virtually the ONLY non-commercial software I get
comes from info-mac and I'm quite sure we'd all here if something
infectious ends up in the archives).

Just about all the .sea files in the archive were made with Compact Pro.
If you launch Compact Pro you can OPEN them just like any .cpt archive
and extract them that way.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 91 09:48:32 EDT
From: jeteye@cbl.umd.edu (James Love)
Subject: SF 171 Form Source

STU_MACULLER@vax1.acs.jmu.edu writes:

>   Does anyone know where I can find the federal government's employment
>   application (SF 171 form) as software for my Mac - either as a template
>   or as stand alone software ??  Any help would be appreciated.

    SF 171 Templates are available from Softview, the same folks who bring
you MacInTax and the Taxview Professional Series:

if:X SF 171 Application for Federal Employment ..... $49.00

	SoftView
	1721 Pacific Avenue, Suite 100
	Oxnard, CA  93033
	(805) 385-5000  [Information]
	(800) 622-6829  [Orders Only]

Jim Love <jeteye@cbl.umd.edu>  Univ. of Maryland System / Solomons, Maryland

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 91 08:19:13 EDT
From: Charles E. Bess <adobe!ais.tsd.eds.com!ceb@labrea.stanford.edu>
Subject: Text drawing problem

I am submitting this for a friend please. His question was:

%I was wondering if you know of an elegant way to draw "grayed" or
%disabled text.  I guess text CANNOT be part of a region - I've
%tried accumulating text into a region and then painting the region
%with a gray pattern, but NOTHING happens.

%I'm accomplishing it now by getting a rectangle around the text
%and then overlaying the gray pattern in Bit Clear mode.  This
%forces all black bits in the pattern to white, and leaves the
%white bits of the pattern unchanged.

%Like I say, this works, but is not elegant.  For example, if there
%is another object inside of the text rectangle (like a button or
%something) part of it gets grayed also.  Obviously not desireable!

Please send a note to: REFIEGLE@koess.gm.hac.com
If you do not mind copy me on the note as well. Thanks

Charles E. Bess                   Internet:ceb@ais.tsd.eds.com

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 91 09:29:05 CDT
From: hallett@positron.com (Jeff Hallett x5163	)
Subject: Voyager Art

Ok.  What application created/can read this thing?  I've never  seen a
type `SCRN' with creator `NONE'.

As an  aside  to all  submitters,  if you  submit a file,  include the
little   readme as  part   of   the   stuffit or compactor    archive.
Occaisionally, I'll download something, but  will have lost the digest
message describing it and forget exactly what it will do.

Thanks
Jeff Hallett, GEMS PET Engineering (hallettJ@med.ge.com)

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 91 14:11:08 EST
From: Jamer <PET101@ukcc.uky.edu>
Subject: Zoom 9600 baud modems?

Hey,
    I was just wondering if anyone has bought or knows anything about the new
Zoom v.42bis 9600 baud modems?  Are they worth it?  Dependable?

Jamer.

End of Info-Mac Digest