info-mac-request@SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU (The Moderators) (06/11/91)

Info-Mac Digest             Mon, 10 Jun 91       Volume 9 : Issue 134

Today's Topics:

      [*] Revisionist
      [*] StopWatch 1.1
      [*] the-news-202.hqx
      "Loser" source wanted from Zmac
      "The Appletalk" message at startup problem solved
      About Leaving Your Mac On..
      Color Icons
      Connect Mac & SUN to the same monitor ?
      Ether & Sys. 7.0 replies
      FileMaker Pro and linked files
      Info-Mac Digest V9 #132
      Leaving your mac on?
      Looking for Page Layout Recommendation
      MacDraw II <-> MacWrite II Problem
      MacroMaker substitute for System 7.0
      MacTutor
      MailMate & QuickMail Proble
      Missing Filenames in the Finder
      Remember? 1.2.2 and System 7
      snds with System 7
      StudyWare SAT
      System 7.0 Problem
      Think C & HC2.1 interprogram communication?
      Think C 4.0 and System 7.0
      Towards a better document format II
      Unmounts using Disktop 4.01 & Sys 7?

The Info-Mac newsgroup is moderated by Bill Lipa and Jon Pugh.

[36.44.0.6].  Help files and indices are in /info-mac/help.

Date: Wed, 15 May 91 13:15:37 PDT
From: doug@nisd.cam.unisys.com (Doug Hardie)
Subject: [*] Revisionist

Revisionist is a version control package.  It provides version control
capability for any type of file.  It is especially useful with work processor
files.  Revisionist allows you to create so-called Archive-files into which you
can check in revisions of any macintosh file.  You can enter a comment for each
revision on check-in.  All revisions of the one file are stored together with
the comments in the archive file.  The creation and modification date, type,
creator as well as the original file name are stored automatically by
Revisionist.  The revisions are stored in form of deltas.  The overhead of the
different versions of the document depends on the mass and kind of changes you
made and on the method your application saves its documents.  Some applications
(e.g., MacWrite, and MS Word) compact its documents depending on its contents
and the change of one character can lead to a totally different file.  In this
case the resulting delta will be big, allthough mostly significantly smaller
than a second full text version.  In our tests we achieved very good results
with the word processor WriteNow.

All the revisions checked in are shown in a list together with its original
file name, comment and date when it was checked in.  You can extract a specific
revision by selecting it and the pressing the appropriate button or choose the
menu-command Extract, or by simply make a double click on the revision entry in
the list.

You should give as much memory as possible to Revisionist to speed up the
check-in-process.  A good rule of thumb is to set the memory size at least to
200 KB plus four times the size of the file to be checked in.  The default
setting of 1024 KB therefore allows you to process files up to about 200 KB.

If Revisionist does not enough memory you are informed with an alert box and
the application will be terminate.  Your archive file remains unchanged, but
there will remain two temporary files in the same folder with your archive.

A future version of Revisionist should use all available memory (if running
under Multifinder) such that your application size is no longer the critical
point.

Revisionist is Shareware.  Full information is in the About... menu.  I am not
the creator, but have been authorized to post it to the archive by the creator.
 I have used the beta versions of Revisionist for several months on a daily
baisis and found they work quite well with WriteNow files.  Both the space
savings and the lack of desk clutter have been beneficial.

-- Doug

[Archived as /info-mac/util/revisionist.hqx; 95K]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 19 May 91 11:19:50 -0500
From: mt0oamf@convex1.tcs.tulane.edu (nicholas buchdahl)
Subject: [*] StopWatch 1.1

    Enclosed is version 1.1 of StopWatch, a free program I wrote for the main
purpose of timing and comparing applications and procedures.  As I have since
discovered, the timing mechanism used was not particularly accurate (due to
the fact that one tick is not exactly one 1/60 of a second);  this problem has
been corrected and the timer is now as accurate as the built-in clock.  Also
corrected is a bug in version 1.0 which caused times greater than 10 minutes
not to be properly recorded when saved to disk, and the ability to timestamp
output has also been added (see the revamped ReadMe for details).
   This version has been tested without problem on a Mac Plus running a system
>From 1984 through System 6.0.4,  on a Mac SE/30 running Systems 6.0.7, 7.0 and
A/UX 2.0.1, and on a IIci running Systems 6.0.7 and 7.0 (in both 24 and 32 bit
mode).

[Archived as /info-mac/util/stop-watch-11.hqx; 19K]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 18 May 91 11:11:03 CDT
From: Bill Cramer <iex!neptune.iex.com!cramer@uunet.uu.net>
Subject: [*] the-news-202.hqx

TheNews V2.0 provides Mac users with an easy to use net news front end.
It runs on any Mac which has access to an NNTP server (connected directly
via Ethernet or over a bridge via LocalTalk).  It requires a system
version 6.03 or greater, and MacTCP version 1.01 or greater.

This release adds a number of features to V1.4, including:

	*	Signature file inclusion on posting and mailing.
	*	Support for copy (CMD-C) from article text window.
	*	Page up/down/home/end key support.
	*	Case insensitive article sorts.
	*	Domain name server and Hosts file support.
	*	Limited CMD-. support (only on article header fetch).
	*	Miscellaneous speed enhancements.
	*	More readable article header list.
	*	Support for Unix .newsrc group files.
	*	Use 'Reply-to' and 'Followup' for replies and followup posts.
	*	Support for huge articles (>32K).
	*	Keyboard shortcuts for overriding preferences.
	*	User-selected font and size.
	*	Optional Bcc on mail followup.
	*	User-selected saved article signatures.
	*	Append articles to existing files.
	*	Miscellaneous bug fixes.

This is a shareware program.  If after 30 days you decide you like it,
please send $25 (US Dollars preferred) to:

	Bill Cramer
	504 Winter Wood Drive
	Grapevine, Texas  76051
	USA

Volume discounts are also available.  For information, contact the author
via e-mail at 'uunet!iex!cramer' or via standard mail at the address given
above.

The binhex text that follows includes the program, a user's manual (MS Word
format), a README document (TEXT format), and a more complete list of
changes from V1.0.

[Archived as /info-mac/comm/the-news-202.hqx; 275K]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 10 Jun 91 9:32:19 EDT
From: mcmac@hubcap.clemson.edu (Scott McAlister)
Subject: "Loser" source wanted from Zmac

Could someone post or send me the source code for the "Loser" application
that was referenced in the Sept. 90 MacUser.  It was from the "Power
Programming" article.  It is on CompuServe in Zmac's group but I don't
have access to CompuServe.

-- Scott McAlister     | mcmac@hubcap.clemson.edu |

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 9 Jun 91 11:15:27 HST
From: Phil Conley  <hpa@uhunix.uhcc.hawaii.edu>
Subject: "The Appletalk" message at startup problem solved

Remember the problem I mentioned about getting a "The selected Appletalk
drive cannont be found. The built-in localtalk port would be used instead."
message when my system started up? Well, thanks to a fellow netter, I now have
the answer. Here it is....

Dameon Welch    Internet: hpa@uhunix.uhcc.hawaii.eduGEnie: DWelch

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 09 Jun 91 19:37:31 EDT
From: regis@athena.mit.edu
Subject: About Leaving Your Mac On..

 -------
Repl:  Christopher Cotton (regis@Athena.MIT.edu)
Mail:  351 Mass. Ave.
       Cambridge, MA 02139
 -------
Hello there...

Kieran O'Connor asked about leaving your Mac on continually.

Well, the answer is:  Yes! You should leave it on all the time.  The
reason for leaving it on is that when you power cycle machines (and many
other things)  it gives that *jolt* to all of the electronics.

If you have ever been in a professional studio (where the equipment runs
up in the tens of thousands)  they, *never* shut off the mixing
boards/everything, because the turning off and on causes un-needed wear
and tear.

There are only a couple of things to think about if you do leave
everything on.

1st:  Make sure you have some sort of PowerStrip that contains
Spike/Surge protection...   that is a must even if you don't leave the
machine on.

2nd:  Always save your work before leaving for the night. (Or for the
day  :-)    Sometimes the power just may happen to go out, or the power
company may decide they need to test the breakers by blowing up a man
hole.  (it's happened!  kinda)

3rd:  A screen saver is always a useful program so you will not  *burn*
in any strange images on to your screen.

Basically that is it...

Have fun!

Christopher Cotton
o Kiwi Sadist
o RaNNdom ThiNnkeR!.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 10 Jun 91 12:11:33 edt
From: olive@apxtg03.apex.dg.com (Rocky Olive)
Subject: Color Icons

Could someone please explain (in more detail) how to go about making color
icons for replacement in System 7.0?

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 8 Jun 91 16:52 EDT
From: Kellman@dockmaster.ncsc.mil
Subject: Connect Mac & SUN to the same monitor ?

This may be a stupid question.  Is it possible to connect a Mac & a SUN
to the same monitor to save space.  I don't mean at the same time.  I
would like to have both computers but only a single monitor, with a
switch.  I use a 19"color monitor.  Any suggestions ?

------------------------------

Date: MON, 10 JUN 91 10:19:22 JST
From: Devendra Narayan <NARAYAN%JPNSUT10.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: Ether & Sys. 7.0 replies

Here are a few of the replies I received in response to my
query on Ethernet & System 7.0. (ref:info-mac V9 #130)
Hope this information is of value to others as well. Thanks to all
for the help.
*************
  You probably have a Phase I ethernet network.  This is an older
network architecture.  You will need to copy the old Ethernet Phase I
extension to the Extensions folder, replacing the Ethertalk Phase II
extension that was installed with System 7.  The Phase I extension
has one arrow for its icon and Phase II has two arrows.
  Additionally, you will have to copy the .ENET driver from your old
System file to your new System file.  This can be accomplished via
ResEdit.
from: Robert H. Zakon (rhz@po.cwru.edu)

Put the MacTCP file in the root of your system folder.  And reboot.
Thinkgs should work ok then.
from: Steven Nygard (nygard@mailbox.mail.umn.edu)

CAP is a free program that lets you mount volumes that are actually
unix accounts.  They appear as AppleShare servers.
Available in most unix archives.
from: Chris Webster (WEBSTER@AC.DAL.CA)
***********

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1991 08:04:00 +0200
Subject: FileMaker Pro and linked files

Hi netters,
I have a FM database which reads informations in a linked file. As for
example, a field contains a list: Mr. Mrs. Dr. ... When I choose one of
the options, I search into the second file, the complete word: Mister,
Doctor, ...
The problem is that I have these fields in 3 different languages: english,
german and french. So when I search "Dr" in french, I obtain the correct
equivalent: "Docteur". But when I choose the english "Dr.", I obtain
again the french equivalent. I think that FM searches for the first "Dr"
substring only. I would like to search the exact match! Is it possible ?

I thank you for any help !

Sincerely,

Steve Jordi
Dpt of Geophysics
Uni of Geneva
Switzerland
jordi@sc2a.unige.ch

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 9 Jun 91 19:20 EDT
From: JEWETTGS%snypotva.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu
Subject: Info-Mac Digest V9 #132

>I have a question. What is the difference between reinitializing a disk and
>deleteing everything on a disk then rebuilding the desktop?
>
>Once I tried to copy a file from hard disk to a 800K floppy and got a
>message saing not enough room on the disk. I then trashed everything on the
>disk and rebuilt the desktop. Now on the title bar it said zero item, 7K on
>disk. So I tried to copy again. Still not enough room. Since I knew the
>file was originally copied to the hard disk from a 800K floppy, the last
>thing I could try was to reinitialize the floppy. After I reinitialized the
>floppy, the title bar still said zero item, 7k on disk but now I was able
>to copy the file to floppy. So what is the difference? Anyone knows?

On a Systems less than 7.0, a floppy disk and any other writable media had a
desktop file that contains information about the files on this disk.  This
file always took up 7k of disk no matter what you did, except some hacks to
distract the finder.

On the other hand, I noticed with System 7.0, Apple has redesigned the finder
so that the desktop file no longer takes up 7k, but instead 1k on a blank
diskette, and is now more compact that it's younger brother.

To trick the finder into copying the file onto the diskette, was to quit
the finder without MultiFinder running, and use a DA like Disktop, or Central
Point FileTools to delete the Desktop file and copy the file onto the disk.
Then lock the diskette so that the finder would no complain that the disk
needed minor repairs, or it could not update the desktop file.  BTW, this does
not work with System 7.0 unless you have hacked your Finder with a Quit
function so that you can delete the Desktop DB and Desktop DF files.

Hope this helps.    ..Greg
[Gregory Jewett         Consultant/Programmer         jewettgs@snypotva.bitnet]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1991 20:46:04 GMT
From: gillies@m.cs.uiuc.edu (Don Gillies)
Subject: Leaving your mac on?

Recently, one member of our campus energy committee contacted all the
major PC manufacturers including IBM, Apple, HP, etc, about the
question of turning off your PC when not in use.  The answer is, TURN
IT OFF!!!!!  UC-Berkeley turns off computers if they will not be used
for one hour.  I turn off my computer when it will not be used for 5
minutes.  I've being done this about once a day for the last 4 years,
with no hardware problems.

The last time this question came up, I did a quick calculation based
on my mac II's average power consumption (100 watts, measured myself
with a VOM) and local electricity rates (8 cents/hour).  By running a
computer 8 hours a day instead of 24 hours a day, you save about $55
per year.  Then there is also the question of the cost of energy and
global warming and other false economies (such as military subsidies)
that make power much more expensive than the price you pay to the
utility.

TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER!

Don Gillies - gillies@cs.uiuc.edu - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
--

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 10 Jun 91 16:20:17 EDT
From: rocket!cory@uunet.uu.net (Cory Myers)
Subject: Looking for Page Layout Recommendation

I've been preparing a number of technical documents and have recently
run into limitations with our current tools - we use WriteNow and
Expressionist for the simple things and FrameMaker for the more
complex.  Recently we started preparing two column proposals (save
space) and I have run into problems.  FrameMaker is clearly the better
solution (we use the automatic indexing and the ability to float
figures) but in two-column mode you can not make a full page figure
float.  Floating figures cannot be any wider than the column or else
they obscure (or are obscured by) the other column.

Given such a limitation has become a good excuse to look and see what
else is out there.  If you have any recommendations for page layout
software appropriate for technical use (equations, figures,
references, footnotes, etc.) please send them to me [True WYSIWYG
LaTex ?].  I'll also summarize responses to anyone who asks me them.
Thanks in advance.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 10 Jun 91 08:32:26 -0200
From: Peter Kay <comqpk@hatfield.ac.uk>
Subject: MacDraw II <-> MacWrite II Problem

Hi, all!

I have been asked by a colleague to get advice on a problem which is
driving him mad. When he incorporates MacDraw II drawings in MacWrite II
documents and prints the resulting documents on a laserwriter, the lines
of the drawing no longer meet, and this problem isn't cured by using the
"Group" facility to lock the lines into one object.

I am sure that one of you Mac experts can tell us what we need to do to
overcome the problem.

Thanks in anticipation.

Peter Kay, Hatfield Polytechnic

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 10 Jun 91 15:43 CDT
From: Norm Loomer -- Ripon College <LOOMERN@acad.ripon.edu>
Subject: MacroMaker substitute for System 7.0

Discussion here and elsewhere indicates that MacroMaker is incompatible
with System 7.0 and that Apple does not plan to upgrade.  So where does
that leave us?  What alternative "MacroMakers" are there that are (or
will be soon) System 7.0 compatible?

Norm Loomer

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 10 Jun 91 11:04:03 +0800
From: bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu
Subject: MacTutor

Greetings,

>Does anyone know how or where to get machine readable copies of the
>source code printed in MacTutor?

There is currently a CD out with all of the source code from the various
MacTutors.  Check out your favorite CD source.

------------------------------

Date: 10 Jun 91 10:57:00 EST
From: maier@grumpy.dgrc.doc.ca
Subject: MailMate & QuickMail Proble

Date	6/10/91
Subject	MailMate & QuickMail Proble
From	Valerie Maier
To	Info Mac

REGARDING                MailMate & QuickMail Problems
Good Day, eh!

We currently download the infomac digest to our Macintoshes through our VAX 3800
then to Alisa MailMate then to QuickMail.  For some reason MailMate takes the
text and puts it into the body of a quickmail message (this happens with all VMS
text files) unless the file is greater than 25K in size.  In that case, the
first 25K is put into the the body of the text, the rest is truncated and the
entire file is appended to the message.  We would like to have these files just
append themselves to a message without any text entering into the body of the
message and eliminate duplication.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Valerie Maier
maier@grumpy.dgrc.doc.ca

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1991 9:01:01 CDT
From: GWATTS@fnalh.fnal.gov (Gordon Watts -- Rochester)
Subject: Missing Filenames in the Finder

Hi y'all,

  I still don't have any filenames in my Finder, but some new stuff... In the
finder, select a file.  Go to the File menu and choose "Get Info".  I get an
info window whose title is " Info".  No filename!

  I have tried rebuilding the desktop -- to no avail.  I have made sure that
every font in the system distribution disk is in my disk (though that shouldn't
matter: the word " Info" is in the same font at the file names).  I also did
everything possible with the "Views" control pannel.  But nothing.

  It's as if the Finder couldn't find the filename of these files or folders.
Anyone got any ideas?

	Thanks,
		Gordon.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 10 Jun 91 09:06:45 PDT
From: Mike_Dustan@cc.sfu.ca
Subject: Remember? 1.2.2 and System 7

Murph Sewall mentioned trouble with Remember? under System 7. I normally
fix.

To get Remember to work, you no longer need the Remember? Startup INIT.
Instead, put an alias of the Remember? DA in your Startup Items folder. All
you lose is the sound and the little icon straining to remember during
startup.

To make this work, I pulled Remember? out of the suitcase it was in - I run
Suitcase II - and put it in its own separate suitcase, then aliased that. I
haven't experimented to see if you can alias a particular DA within a
suitcase!

Cheers

Mike Dustan
Technical Specialist
Computing Services Operations
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, B. C. Canada  V5A 1S6

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 10 Jun 91 09:36:23 MDT
From: Bob Bolt <BBOLT@vm.ucs.ualberta.ca>
Subject: snds with System 7

One of the problem areas I am experiencing with System 7 is with snds. For
some reason, SOME of my snd sounds no longer work. Using any number of sound
utilities produce the same problem - some sounds play and some don't. I
suspect there is a change in the Sound Manager that is unforgiving
of some sounds. When I attempt to play the problem sounds with ResEdit 2.1,
I get the following error message: Sound Manager Error - Bad Sound Format
(-206). Does anyone know what the problem is? Better yet, does anyone know
of a utility that will correct the problem sound files? Thanks in advance.

Bob Bolt
bbolt@vm.ucs.ualberta.ca

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 10 Jun 91 09:51:10 edt
From: olive@apxtg03.apex.dg.com (Rocky Olive)
Subject: StudyWare SAT

This message is about the SAT prep software by StudyWare.  I want to briefly
share my experiences with it.  If you already own it, or if you have a child
in high school, read on...

I purchased the SAT StudyWare prep software from MacWarehouse ($29) back in
December.  My wife tutors high school students in the evening, and we thought
this would be a useful program.  If you can live with the fact that it is
obviously a DOS program ported to the mac, it is pretty useful (you also get a
Cliffs SAT book).

It has drills and exams, in both tutor and test mode.  It has an active
clock for timing the test (which pauses when it is teaching you why an answer
is right/wrong in tutor mode).  It has all kinds of math and grammar, broken
into categories.

I had a problem with the Geometry section, but Judy Becker at StudyWare helped
me solve it over the phone.  Just a file missing, which was easily fixed.
I was pretty impressed since they helped me despite not finding my registration
card!

Then after I loaded System 7 last weekend, it would run fine until you got a
wrong answer (then it would hang).  Turns out that if you turn sound off (from
a pull-down menu), it will run under system 7 just fine.  Judy helped me find
that solution, also.  Something about the beep makes it hang.

In summary,
- It doesn't follow mac human interface guidelines very well, but that doesn't
  hinder its usefulness.
- It's very thorough (and fun according to the students).
- It can explain to you why answers are right and wrong.
- It runs under system 7 if sound is off.
- Service is excellent.

Hope this comes in handy to someone.

Sincerely (and I mean that sincerely),
Rocky Olive, Data General Corp, Apex, NC

------------------------------

Date: 7 Jun 1991 17:53:46 EDT
From: Fred Yeganeh <FYEGANEH%UMAB.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: System 7.0 Problem

In 9-125 Dameon Welch writes :

>When my system loads up, I get this message saying that "A driver for the
>selected appletalk connection could not be found. The built-in localtalk port
>will be used instead." This happens before any of my extensions load and I nev
er
>have used appletalk before.

I also have a hackintosh plus upgraded to 4 megs and a SCSI port and got the
same message at start-up.  I could not figure out the meaning or solution to
this message, so I instead patched the system so that the dialog box won't
interrupt the start-up process.

* * * WARNING * * * ATTEMPT THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK * * *

Using Resedit open up the system file and find the resource labeled "lmgr" and
open it up.  There will only be one type of that resource.  Open this resource
and do a find command for the following hex string :
"612C 610E 554F 3F03 42A7 A988 544F 281F 4E75 7200"
and change it to :
"4E71 610E 4E71 4E71 4E71 4E71 4E71 281F 4E75 7200"
save the new resource and don't worry about the dialog box warning about being
unable to compress the resource.

This patch prevents the alert box from interrupting and removing the startup
screen and forcing you to wait to press the OK button.  However, it should
allow the procedure to do its normal correction for the "error" it detected.

I have been using my System 7.0 patched in this way for over two weeks and
have had no problems yet.

                                             FYEGO - Fred Yeganeh

------------------------------

Date: 10 Jun 91 09:05 EDT
From: science@oasys.dt.navy.mil (Mark Zimmermann)
Subject: Think C & HC2.1 interprogram communication?

could somebody show me, or send me a pointer to, or advise me how to
create, a Think C program that can send/receive msgs to/from HyperCard 2.1
via interprogram communication facilities in System 7.0?  I have been told
that this is possible (maybe even easy) with new AppleEvents, perhaps via
modifying the Think C <console> or <stdio> libraries ... true?  Example??
Tnx!  ^z  (science@oasys.dt.navy.mil)
 ------

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 10 Jun 91 10:08:34 edt
From: olive@apxtg03.apex.dg.com (Rocky Olive)
Subject: Think C 4.0 and System 7.0

I'm getting "bad F-line instruction" messages using Think C 4.0 with System
7.0.  Does the 4.05 updater in the archives fix this?

Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1991 9:37:13 CDT
From: GWATTS@fnalh.fnal.gov (Gordon Watts -- Rochester)
Subject: Towards a better document format II

Hi y'all,

  More on that mac standard document format.  In my last posting I asked what
people thought of the idea, problems they saw, etc.  I got a few (not too many)

  Some people asked about other methods.  First, RTF, or Rich Text Format.
This is a text description lang. designed my Microsoft.  It's format is public.
I can't say that I am too familiar with the format.  From what I understand,
however: 1) not all editors can write the format. 2) Does it handle graphics or
complex page layouts well?

  The other idea -- TeachText.  It seems the thing has been upgraded with
system 7.  I was unaware of this.  Can someone point me to the manual or tell
me what new features it has?

  PICT files -- along the same lines as above.  A PICT file can be about 227
inches long, which is about 20 11 inch pages, or so.  While this will do for
most manuals, will it do for all?  Is this an acceptable limitation?

  The biggest problem people had with my idea was... FONTs (supprise)!  What
happens when a user dosen't have one of the original fonts.  There is always
font substitution -- but the point size doesn't always mean the same size font.
Are there any clean ways to handle this?  Or can one take a typical string,
figure its size, and then use true type to get a string in the new font the
same size -- or some such junk.  How do other people handle this problem?  Tho
other thing to do is limit people to the standard font set.  Not an acceptable
solution in my eyes, however.

	Gordon.

P.S.  I still haven't figured out the problem with Word: I can't get the system
7 PICT util to work (need those system 7 Think C headers)!

Date: Mon, 10 Jun 91 13:32:41 pdt
From: jeffp@yoda.eecs.wsu.edu (Jeff Parke - Vet med staff)
Subject: Unmounts using Disktop 4.01 & Sys 7?

Does anyone have a clue how to unmount floppy volumes using Disktop 4.01
in Sys 7 environment?  My SE/30 bombs every time and some feedback hints
that this may be common behavior.  Hard disk volumes seem to unmount okay.

End of Info-Mac Digest