Info-IBMPC@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL ("Info-IBMPC Digest") (02/10/90)

Info-IBMPC Digest           Sat, 10 Feb 90       Volume 90 : Issue  15

Today's Editor:
         Gregory Hicks - Chinhae Korea <GHICKS@WSMR-Simtel20.Army.Mil>

Today's Topics:
                Table of Contents for the Info-IBMPC digest
                         MSC vs. Turbo C (2 msgs)
                    Leading (?) Edge problems (2 msgs)
                           Info request for XDOS
                     WINDOWS vs DESQview Memory usage
               Problems with PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>AAAREAD.ME
Today's Queries:
                          80/85 ns for 25MHz 386?
                            Apple Talk for PS/2
                   Are there any MCA vendors out there?
                 Manual needed for IBM 3852 Color Printer
          Re: 3D function plotting and surface modelling software
                   Info requested on UNIX/pcDOS software
                        laserprinter for an IBM XT
                         Looking for PS/2 386 logo
                               Reboot of PC
                   WINDOWS, Serial Mouse and COMPAQ 386
                             Viewing GX2 files
                          Borland Turbo Basic v1.
New Programs:
          C_MENUS1.ARC - Pop-Up menu library for Turbo C programs
       CSHOW80A.ARC - GIF/MAC/RLE view/print, Herc/CGA/EGA/VGA/SVGA
                     Recent msdos uploads to SIMTEL20

Send Replies or notes for publication to: <INFO-IBMPC@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL>

Send requests of an administrative nature (addition to, deletion from the
distribution list, et al) to: <INFO-IBMPC-REQUEST@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL>

The Lending Library is available from: WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (see file
PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>AAAREAD.ME details on file directories and
descriptions.)

Archives of past issues of the Info-IBMPC Digest are available by FTP only
from WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL in directory PD2:<ARCHIVES.IBMPC>.

WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL can be accessed using LISTSERV commands from BITNET
via LISTSERV@NDSUVM1, LISTSERV@RPIECS, LISTSERV@FINTUVM and in Europe from
EARN TRICKLE servers.  Send commands to TRICKLE@<host-name> (example:
TRICKLE@TREARN).  The following TRICKLE servers are presently available:
AWIWUW11 (Austria), BANUFS11 (Belgium), DKTC11 (Denmark), DB0FUB11
(Germany), IMIPOLI (Italy), EB0UB011 (Spain) TAUNIVM (Israel) and TREARN
(Turkey).

If you are unable to access SIMTEL20 via Internet FTP or through one of
the BITNET/EARN file servers, most MSDOS SIMTEL20 files, including the
PC-Blue collection, are available for downloading on the Detroit Download
Central network at 313-885-3956.  DDC is a networked system with multiple
lines that support 300, 1200, 2400, and 9600 bps (HST) at a cost of 17
cents per hour.  It is also accessable on Telenet via PC Pursuit and on
Tymnet via StarLink outdial.

Date: Wed, 31 Jan 90 11:51:49 GMT
From: Christopher Currie (IHR) <THRA004%mvs.ulcc.ac.uk@NSFnet-Relay.AC.UK>
Subject: Table of Contents for the Info-IBMPC digest

The digested archive, of which I append the read.me file below, may be of
interest.

Christopher

Although back numbers of Info-IBMPC Digest are available in the U.S. on
Simtel20 and in the U.K. at NPDSA, Lancaster, it is very difficult to
locate items in them quickly because there appear to be no indexes, and
the total amount of text is vast.

I have therefore extracted the table of contents for each issue which has
reached me, and stored it as a separate file in a cumulative archive.
This facilitates searching (particularly if you have an archive viewer)
and would also facilitate a proper index if anyone has the time and energy
to compile one.

Digcnt89.arc contains the tables of contents for Info-IBMPC Digest, vol.
89, from the first one that reached me (Issue 49, 4 May 1989) to issue 128
(December).  There are some gaps for issues which did not arrive.
Moreover, although most of the files are ASCII, some were edited in
WordStar format before saving. If a file looks funny when you list or type
it, pass it through an 8th-bit filter and it will be legible.  Vernon
Buerg's LIST program has a built-in filter to do the job.

I also have somewhere an archive for the first half of 1987, and I have
begun one for 1990. I hope some public-spirited person may be persuaded to
fill the gaps.

Christopher Currie, Institute of Historical Research, London, 31 Jan.
1990.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 11 Nov 89 17:38 PST
From: CHEINEMANN%SCU.BITNET@jade.berkeley.edu
Subject: MSC vs. Turbo C

We had just about settled upon MSC as our standard PC C when a problem
arose.  We had chosen MSC since it seemed to be the "standard" by which
other PC C's are judged.   Well, we had an application that we were
developing that at one point required changing from small model to a
larger model (COMPACT or LARGE as I recall).  When compiled in either of
the new modes, very subtle bugs crept in...  no program crashes, but
invalid data appeared in some areas of the output file.   For grins, we
compiled it with Turbo C in the new modes and it worked fine.  As you
might guess, we have now settled upon Turbo C as our principle PC C.

Carl Fussell
Santa Clara Univ.
CARL@SCU.BITNET

------------------------------

Date: Wed Nov 15 15:50:16 1989
From: microsoft!davewe@beaver.cs.washington.edu
Subject: RE: MSC vs. Turbo C

I don't have much to say since I didn't get much information from the mail
- not even a version number, much less what options were used, etc.

Its possible that they found a bug in the compiler (note that complete bug
lists for C 5.1 - and I assume that is what they are using, are available
on CompuServe and via the Genie OnLine service).  However, if they
happened to use the /Oa switch (or /Ox, which also implies /Oa) its also
possible that it could be an aliasing problem in their code that doesn't
appear when compiled in small model, but shows up in large model because
the parse trees look different (near addresses vs. far addresses, for
example) thus causing the code generator to take a different path and
generate "incorrect" code (due to the incorrect assumption of no aliasing
implied by /Oa).  In the latter case the fix might be as simple as turning
off the /Oa switch.  Using /Oa requires the user to take some care when
programming, but can reap large benefits in code quality when used
properly.

Since it is fairly easy to generate aliasing in C code, it is not uncommon
for a piece of code developed without keeping this in mind to fail when
compiled with /Oa.  Often it is also fairly easy to modify the code where
the aliasing occurs to prevent it.

Note that TC does not have a equivalent switch and always makes more
conservative assumptions - as does MSC when /Oa is not used.  However,
neither can it generate as efficient code for programs which are written
more carefully.  As an example of the benefits of writing this way, the
development group for the LAN Manager project at MS found cases where they
got as much as 30% code size improvement when compiling with /Oa versus
without.

We will contact Mr Fussel directly to see if we can help him determine the
cause of his problem.  Thanks for the opportunity to comment,

        Dave Weil
        Microsoft Corp.

------------------------------

Date:         Thu, 18 May 89 14:10:04 CST
From:         Derek Morgan <C03601DM%WUVMD.BITNET@UICVM.uic.edu>
Subject:      Leading (?) Edge problems

Has anybody had problems installing MicroSoft C 5.1 on Leading Edge model
D-2's? Version 5.0 installs and works just fine. Quick Basic v4.0 doesn't
work at all, either. If there are any patches out there, please let me
know.

AdvTHANKSance,
Derek Morgan
Washington University
Medical Computing Services Group

------------------------------

Date: Tue May 23 17:41:25 1989
From: microsoft!davewe@beaver.cs.washington.edu

I suspect Derek's problem is that the SETUP program for C 5.1 does not run
on machines which are not VERY strict IBM compatibles because it was built
as a bound application (runs under either OS/2 or DOS) and the VIO*
routines in the API emulation library were written such that only VERY
strict compatibles will work.  We did not know this beforehand and it
never came up during internal or Beta testing (I can understand the
former, but the latter is a little surprising....).  This is only a
problem for DOS users (OS/2 won't run on these machines anyway - which is
probably why the emulation routines didn't bother to support them), but a
nasty one.

Once this was discovered the Product Support group was given a DOS only
version of SETUP that does not have those problems.  A call to MS Product
Support will get him the new SETUP.

	Dave Weil

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 31 Jan 90 8:19:42 EST
From: Tom Harrison <tharriso@xls-plexus01.letterkenn-emh1.army.mil>
Subject: Info request for XDOS

TO: Yaron Adler
    New York University

From the literature I have on the product XDOS is marketed by:

		     Hunter Systems
		     44 Castro Street
		     Mountain View, CA 94041
		     (415) 965-2400

The product provides the capability to transform IBM PC-DOS binary
programs into "high performance UNIX programs." Testing done by the US
Army's General Purpose Computer Support Center (GPCSC) on commercially
available software indicates that not all of the functionality of the PC
product  is  available  to  the  UNIX-implementation  after  the
conversion/transformation. Additionally, there are licensing costs for the
converted commercial PC software which is usually based upon the number of
users of the PC software.

PERSONAL OPINION <I.E., not necessarily that of my organization, the US
Army or the US Government>: depending upon the number of users vs. the
number of PC's for each user, this could be a rather costly solution.

The XDOS product consist of the following utilities:

     NLZ  - the program analyzer - the front end to the conversion process

     BIBGEN - Binary Code Generator - take the output from NLZ to generate
UNIX object file which contains "debugging info"

     XDOS Run-Time - routines that map DOS and BIOS call to UNIX

     Converter     - reads PC binaries and corresponding program key files
to produce an executable UNIX program

     Key File Manager - intergates all PC files and program key files that
make up an application package

Above info obtained from vendor literature. More complete info and pricing
can be obtained from Hunter Systems .

  Thomas E. Harrison                           USAMC SIMA
  UNIX Team Leader                             ATTN: AMXSI-TLB
  AV: 570-9166  COMMERCIAL: (717) 267-9166     Chambersburg, PA 17201-4180
  E Mail: tharriso@letterkenn-emh1.army.mil

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 31 Jan 90 10:00:53 CST
From: moore@ncsc.navy.mil (Moore)
Subject: WINDOWS vs DESQview Memory usage

[Jim asked about problems with HIMEM.SYS and DESQview.  By the time I had
a chance to answer him, he had an answer from Quarterdeck.  He requested
his message be pulled, but I asked that he publish his findings in case
others had the same problems.  This message is in response to that
request.]

You're right, of course.  I just felt rather stupid because I thought I
could get something for nothing (i.e., use BOTH the HMA and HIMEM area,
but of course they're the same memory space 8-(   ).  DESQview's e-mail
response (fast, too!) is attached, in case you think it helpful.  Sorry
for the clutter, I'll do better next time.

When I have run Windows inside DESQview, I have taken HIMEM.SYS out.  The
reason is that DESQview wants to use the same area.  The new QEMM Version
5 (if you are registered you will get an upgrade letter soon) includes
complete XMS support so you will have all the HIMEM features without
needing that driver.

If you want to keep trying this, you can put HIMIM in the CONFIG.SYS file
BEFORE the QEMM.SYS line.  Also, when you start DESQview, you can put

DV /X=FFFE-FFFF

which will keep DESQview from using the QEXT area (which is what we call
the HMA).

****  Quarterdeck ****

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1989  08:05 MST
From: Keith Petersen <w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL>
Subject: PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>AAAREAD.ME

>    Would you like to discuss on some possible reasons of why

>    (1) the file PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>AAAREAD.ME is not readable on the VAX?

This is a text file.  LISTSERV sends everything in BITSEND format unless
you tell it otherwise in your request.  SIMTEL20 does not run the servers.
Questions about LISTSERV and TRICKLE should be addressed to the system
administrator at the host where the server is.

>    and
>    (2) some archive files could not be unarchived properly on my PC using
>    XARC.com after I download them from listserv@rpiecs to the VAX, and
>    from the VAX to the PC.  Specifically, the archive file that I
>    downloaded and that had the problem is
>          PD1:<MSDOS.MODEM>GT1501-1.ARC

Your XARC is too old.  It doesn't know about squashed archive members in
some of the newer ARCs.  Get PK361.EXE from the PD1:<MSDOS.STARTER>
directory.

--Keith Petersen

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1990 16:41:33 EDT
From: The Time Traveler <HE891C%GWUVM.BITNET@CORNELLC.cit.cornell.edu>
Subject: 80/85 ns for 25MHz 386?

I have an IBM PS/2 70-A21, a 25Mhz 386 machine with a 64Kb static ram
cache (I think 35ns) and 2Mb of 80-ns memory on the system board (the
standard configuration.  I think it's 80ns at least).  Anyway, I would
like to know the performance penalty of adding 85ns SIMMs instead of 80ns
SIMMs, to either the mother board or an expansion card.  Will it generate
an extra wait state?

The Time Traveler, HE891C@GWUVM

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 30 Jan 90 11:35:30 LCL
From: David Gardner <HQDG%PSUORVM.BITNET@UBVM.cc.buffalo.edu>
Subject: Apple Talk for PS/2

Am trying to determine if I can connect a TOPS network of Macs and a PS/2.
Have been told that there is no problem connect an XT or AT but that there
are no cards for the micro channel systems.  This seems a little odd to
me.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 30 Jan 90 22:30:58 CDT
From: david@wubios.wustl.edu (David J. Camp)
Subject: Are there any MCA vendors out there?

I have been having difficulty locating vendors of MCA equipment.  Does
anyone have a list of MCA card manufacturers, or a favorite one they would
like to recommend?  We are at this time looking for a multi-function card,
like an AST Advantage, but for an MCA.  It should have 3 or more serial
ports, and extra goodies are welcome.  -David-

Bitnet:   david@wubios.wustl                ^      Mr. David J. Camp
Internet: david%wubios@wugate.wustl.edu   < * >    Box 8067, Biostatistics
uucp:     uunet!wugate!wubios!david         v      660 South Euclid
Washington University (314) 36-23635               Saint Louis, MO 63110

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 30 Jan 90 11:53 EST
From: AKONST@Venus.YCC.Yale.Edu
Subject: Manual needed for IBM 3852 Color Printer

I recently acquired a used IBM 3852 Color Printer.  I have in vain tried
to obtain a manual from IBM.  I would appreciate if someone sent to me a
xerox copy of the command codes for that printer, or suggested a source
where I could get such information.

My adress is:
e-mail:		THANASIS%DOCHE@VENUS.YCC.YALE.EDU (Internet)
	  or	DOE@YALEVM			  (Bitnet)

o(rdinary)-mail: Athanasios G. Konstandopoulos
		 Department of Chemical Engineering
                 Yale University
                 PO Box 2159 YS
                 New Haven, CT 06520, USA

                 FAX: (203) 432-7232

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 30 Jan 90 18:02:49 EST
From: PT182286@ADMIN.CARLETON.CA
Subject: Re: 3D function plotting and surface modelling software

Does anybody have experience with some shareware or public domain software
for plotting perspective and contour representations of functions of two
variables, ie. surface plotting.

I am looking for some programs that can plot such functions with a variety
of meshing algorithms (cartesian, polar, etc.) with hidden line removal.
Something like GNUPLOT, but for 3D representations would be ideal.  Some
form of surface shading would also be useful, but needn't be too fancy.  I
need a possibility to obtain hard-copy output, preferably at better than
screen resolution.

On the side, I am also interested in programs that can model objects
specified as points in 3-space, with the same general considerations as
above.

In the SIMTEL archives, I've noticed programs called 3DPLOT02, SURFMO
SURFMODL, IRIT, and 3DSURFAC.  Does anybody have experience with any of
these.  What can they do?

Please reply to me; I will summarize to the net.

Thanks,

Martin Pergler (.PT182286@ or WCSMP@Carleton.CA)

------------------------------

Date: Tue 30 Jan 90 14:40:41-EDT
From: Yaron Adler <YADLER%NYBVX1.BITNET@UBVM.cc.buffalo.edu>
Subject: Info requested on UNIX/pcDOS software

Hi,
Does anyone have info on two software packages by the names of SoftDOS and
XDOS?  I would appreciate any info you may have including vendor/author.
I believe that these packages provide some sort of connection between
pcDOS and UNIX systems.

Please respond directly to me as I do not subscribe to the INFO-IBMPC
list.  Thanks much,

Yaron Adler
New York University
Bitnet address:   yadler@nybvx1.bitnet     or
                  yadler@vx1.gba.nyu.edu

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 31 Jan 90 02:24:46 EST
From: Christopher Chung <CHRIS@brownvm.brown.edu>
Subject: laserprinter for an IBM XT

I have friend that has two IBM XTs and would like to buy a laser printer
to be shared between the two computers.

The primary programs he runs are Wordstar, Lotus and DBase III.  He would
like to able to use many different fonts, and different sizes and styles.

The first question is what would be the best printer to buy for
compatibility among all 3 of these software packages and the types of
character formats he would like to use?  I have heard the HP laserjet
II(?) is pretty good but has to have different cartridges installed for
each font.  Is there a way to make it software switchable, say from the
program itself and have the fonts downloaded or have several in the
printer already loaded?  Is there a way to make more than one computer
access the printer without having to switch cables.  Is there some kind of
automatic switchbox that will auto switch from one computer to the other
when it sees data coming down the line?

Generally, he wants a laser printer that is flexible and can easily
control the fonts through software.  Any recommendations, good or bad?

Please send any replies directly to me as I don't get a chance to read the
list as often as I like.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer,

Chris Chung
CHRIS@BROWNVM.BITNET
CHRIS@BROWNVM.BROWN.EDU

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 31 Jan 90 12:04:38 EDT
From: The Time Traveler <HE891C%GWUVM.BITNET@CORNELLC.cit.cornell.edu>
Subject: Looking for PS/2 386 logo

Does anyone remember those advertisements for PS/2 70 machines, that had a
picture of a 70 with a very colorful "386" on the screen?  It looked like
somthing you'd find on a racing car.  Well, I'd like to get a copy of that
image.  Does anyone know where I can get it?  It would make a cool startup
screen!

Date: 31 Jan 90 14:39:45+0100
From: Torstein Ravnskog <ravnskog%rose.uib.uninett@nac.no>
Subject: Reboot of PC

Does anybody have a simple assembler (or Turbo Pascal or Turbo C) routine
to do the Ctrl-Alt-Del reboot?  I am making a routine that is
reconfiguring some PC-parameters, and I want this routine to reboot the PC
by itself.

Torstein Ravnskog "The Raven"
Dept. of Biochem, Univ. of Bergen, Norway
Earn/Bitnet: MBITR@NOBERGEN

------------------------------

Date: 30 Jan 90 15:19:15 GMT
From: ileaf!io!enos!lae@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Larry Enos)
Subject: WINDOWS, Serial Mouse and COMPAQ 386

Problem:  I cannot get Windows 386 (Rev 2.11) to work with a serial mouse
on my Compag 386.

Hardware: Compaq Deskpro 386 (16 mHz) with 4 Meg. RAM; ROM BIOS Rev. M.1,
Family G 3COM Ethernet Adaptor (3c501) at interrupt 7

I set up Windows to use a Microsoft Mouse, as directed in both the Windows
and mice documentation.  When I start Windows, the mouse pointer appears,
but does not respond when I move the mouse.  However, if I run in a window
a standard DOS applications that uses a mouse, the mouse works just fine.
I also have no problem using the mice when running programs outside of
Windows.

The problem exists whether I install the mouse on COM1: or COM2: and
whether I load the mouse driver with CONFIG.SYS or at the DOS command
level (both vendors supply both kinds of drivers).

I've tested the system out thoroughly, and can find no problem.  (It
passes the Compaq diagnostics without a hitch.)

Some other things I have tried:

  1) Removing the second I/O card and the Ethernet card (so it doesn't
seem to be an interrupt conflict)

  3) Switching cards around

  4) Changing the serial port settings in WIN.INI (the mouse S/W sets the
serial port)

  5) Setting the TEMP environment variable (at the suggestion of Microsoft
technical support)

  6) Enabling and disabling SMARTdrive

  7) Removing all TSR programs

  8) All of the above

  9) etc...etc...

Finally, I've spent time on the phone with both Mouse Systems and
Microsoft technical support and followed all their suggestions--but to no
avail.

Has anyone else encountered problems installing Windows with a serial
mouse?

This is a rather serious problem for me since I have to use this product
to test our own PC products, so I truly appreciate any help you can offer.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 31 Jan 90 13:57:41 EST
From: "Edward A. Band" (IMD-TSB) <eband@PICA.ARMY.MIL>
Subject: Viewing GX2 files

The GX2 file which was developed (I belive) by Bright-Bill Roberts & Co.
is a screen image file that can be displayed by their software, HyperPAD
and FXSHOW. It can also be created by Lotus Freelance+, and displayed
using this software.  Does anyone out there know of a Public domain
program that can quickly display a GX2 file without  using eiter Lotus's
or Bright-Bill Robert's software. Both of these companys require Script
(*.PRO) or Show (*.SHW) files to display thier software but for what I am
doing (Displaying from a Turbo PASCAL program) these script files get in
the way.  What I would love to have is a program that can display a GX2
file simply by typing

     VIEW file.GX2

I realize that Bright-Bill Roberts has a program like this on thier BBS,
but it only displays one color at a time and is rather slow.  Anyone have
a fast VIEW program for a GX2 file?  Thanks, in Advance.

                                           Ed Band
                                           Computer Scientist
                                           U.S. Army RD+E Center
                                           Phone: (201)-724-7892
                                           e-mail: eband@PICA.ARMY.MIL

P.S: Please send your replys both to my e-mail address and IBMPC.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 31 Jan 90 17:49:53 +0100
From: Jan Engelen <FHEDA02%BLEKUL11.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>
Subject: Borland Turbo Basic v1.

Several times I had the problem that Borland's Turbo Basic limited the
length of an output file to 65600 bytes. It the stops without any error or
warning.  I open the file with:

OPEN "file.out" FOR OUTPUT AS 2

Does anyone know about a solution to this problem?

Jan Engelen - Leuven  - Belgium

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1990  12:52 MST
From: Keith Petersen <w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL>
Subject: C_MENUS1.ARC - Pop-Up menu library for Turbo C programs

C_MENUS1.ARC    Pop-Up menu library for Turbo C programs

Regards,

Karl Keyte

Thanks, Karl!

--Keith

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1990  00:58 MST
From: Keith Petersen <w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL>
Subject: CSHOW80A.ARC - GIF/MAC/RLE view/print, Herc/CGA/EGA/VGA/SVGA

Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1990  00:51 MST
From: Keith Petersen <w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL>
Subject: Recent msdos uploads to SIMTEL20

I have uploaded the following files to SIMTEL20:

pd1:<msdos.arc-lbr>
AM446.ARC       ArcMaster front-end/convert for .ARC/.ZIP/.LZH
AVIEW37.ARC     BBS util: view/extract files from archives
ZZAP50A.ARC     ZIP/ZOO/ARC/PAK/DWC file converter

pd1:<msdos.at>
ROM2.ARC        Save AT and 386 CMOS data to file and restore

pd1:<msdos.c>
3DLIB.ARC       TC1.5 lib, create/manipulate/display 3D images

pd1:<msdos.dbase>
PCFDB5-1.ZIP    Button's PCFile-dB v5.0, w/mouse support, 1of2
PCFDB5-2.ZIP    Button's PCFile-dB v5.0, w/mouse support, 2of2

pd1:<msdos.dskutl>
PCOPY83D.ARC    Patriquin COPY, file copier with many options

pd1:<msdos.editor>
KAMAS24.ARC     Outline/thought/idea processor

pd1:<msdos.hamradio>
GC103.ARC       Hams: Great circle distances & bearings, w/src

pd1:<msdos.printer>
DMP201.ARC      Resident print spooler, spools to disk, memory
POSTPRN.ARC     DOS 3.x PostScript Laser printer device driver

pd1:<msdos.tex>
DVIEPS.ARC      TeX DVI to Epson dot matrix printer translator

pd1:<msdos.trojan-pro>
NETFIX10.ARC    Scans LAN for 45 viruses, removes if found
NETSCN57.ARC    Network compatible - scan for 67 viruses, v57
SCANRS57.ARC    Resident virus infection prevention program
SCANV57.ARC     VirusScan, scans disk files for 67 viruses

pd2:<msdos2.telix>
TFE_210.ARC     Telix v3 dialing directory full-screen editor

--Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's CP/M, MSDOS, & MISC archives [IP address 26.2.0.74]
Internet: w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.Army.Mil, w8sdz@brl.arpa  BITNET: w8sdz@NDSUVM1
Uucp: {ames,decwrl,harvard,rutgers,ucbvax,uunet}!wsmr-simtel20.army.mil!w8sdz

End of Info-IBMPC Digest
-------