Info-IBMPC@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL ("Info-IBMPC Digest") (01/21/91)

Info-IBMPC Digest           Mon, 21 Jan 91       Volume 91 : Issue  14

Today's Editor:
         Gregory Hicks - Rota Spain <GHICKS@WSMR-Simtel20.Army.Mil>

Today's Topics:
                           Re: E-Mail and BIX
                          EDT and TECO for PC
                       Info-IBMPC Digest V91 #10
              Deceptive Advertising - Selective Software

Today's Queries:
                            Disk Optimizers
                             AT&T 6300 plus
                      Reading Mac disks on IBM-PC
                          GNU, UNIX and MS-DOS
                      Screen Dump on Zenith Laptop
                       Colors with TeleMate 2.11
                      TSR for batch files required

New Uploads:
                    Recent msdos uploads to SIMTEL20

Send Replies or notes for publication to:
<INFO-IBMPC@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL>

Send requests of an administrative nature (addition to, deletion from
the distribution list, et al) to:
<INFO-IBMPC-REQUEST@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL>

Archives of past issues of the Info-IBMPC Digest are available by FTP
only from WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL in directory PD2:<ARCHIVES.IBMPC>.

Date: 12 Jan 91 20:24:07 GMT
From: shuford@cs.utk.edu (Richard Shuford)
Subject: Re: E-Mail and BIX/Byte Magazine

>  Date: 4 Jan 91 08:31:16 GMT

>  I would like to e-mail the folks at Byte.  Can you tell me how to
>  send mail to BIX from Internet?  Thanks.

>           (___)      |  Michael E. Adams
>           (o o)      |  Custom Computer Programming
>    /-------\ /       |  P.O. Box 5027
>   / |     ||O        |  Chico,  California  95927-5025    U.S.A.
>  *  ||,---||         |
>     ~~    ~~         |  internet: madams@cscihp.ecst.csuchico.edu
   No BULL bandwidth   |

(Somebody asks this question every few months somewhere within Usenet.)

I'm a former employee of BYTE and serve as moderator for a couple of
conferences on BIX.  Other than reflecting what the situation is,
however, my writings here are *not* official statements.

BIX is the BYTE Information eXchange, the computer-conferencing system
operated by McGraw-Hill's BYTE magazine.  (BIX uses a variant of the
CoSy software developed at the University of Guelph and currently runs
on a Pyramid computer.)  Access is via Tymnet or via McGraw-Hill's
private network.  Subscribers to BIX pay a single quarterly flat fee of
$39 for all BIX use (with one exception, mentioned below).  Telecom-
munication charges are not included, but an off-peak unlimited Tymnet
account can be arranged for $20 per month by subscribers in the 48
contiguous states.  For information on BIX, within the U.S. you can
call 800/227-2983 (for voice help).  Otherwise, contact BIX at

     BYTE Information eXchange
     1001 Phoenix Mill Lane
     Peterborough, NH  03458 USA

     +1 603/924-7681

The international NUI for BIX is 310690157800.  Talk to your local PTT.

Regarding electronic mail to BIX and BYTE:

At present, there is *no* direct connection between BIX and the
Internet (or between BIX and other interorganization networks, IONs,
that you may know of).  This has been due to legal and political
concerns, although the idea has been under consideration for some time.
Maybe someday it will happen, but don't hold your breath.

It is possible to transceive traffic between BIX and other IONs using
the facilities of DASnet, a commercial relay service, but you need an
account with DASnet (about which see below).

Because the BYTE editors use BIX every day, the best way to communicate
with BYTE is to get a subscription to BIX.

On the other hand, there is a UNIX-based computer in the Peterborough
BYTE offices that has a connection to the networking world via UUNET.
This computer is *not* connected to BIX, and is not yet connected to
the editorial LAN, but if you desperately need to send a message to a
BYTE editor, and you can't use BIX, you can send it in care of:

     ben@bytepb.byte.com

and Ben Smith will print a hardcopy and place it in the recipient's
physical mailbox.  Don't overburden him with traffic, though.

Senders who have to use bangpath addresses can construct one from:

    ...!uunet!bytepb!ben

And, Mr. Adams, if you include your "signature" in your message, the
recipient will likely be very amused, because the building in which
BYTE and BIX are headquartered is still engraved with the name of the
organization which constructed it, the American Guernsey Cattle Club.

Now, about DASnet:

Operating as a profit-making concern, DASnet provides

1.  Electronic mail exchange between several dozen e-mail communities.
DASnet uses UUNET as the relay point for Internet e-mail.  DASnet
handles *only* messages originating from or destined to one of its
subscribers.

2.  Delivery of e-mail (ASCII text only) to a G3 FAX (facsimile)
machine.

3.  Paper mail, dispatched from printing centers in the United States,
Belgium, and Australia.

4.  Electronic publishing (essentially a mailing-list service).

5.  Telex service.

There are a registration fee and deposit which amount to around $40
(U.S.), when last I checked.  Billing can be via credit cards.  There
is a fixed subscription charge of $4.75 per month (in U.S., more
elsewhere), and for each message processed DASnet charges a use fee to
the subscriber.  The fee structure is too complicated to post here.

As you might expect, each e-mail community has a distinct method for
its users to invoke a DASnet mail transmission.  For a BIX user, DASnet
e-mail is the only service incurring charges beyond the BIX quarterly
fee.  For more information, contact:

    DA Systems, Inc.
    1503 E. Campbell Ave.
    Campbell, CA  95008 USA

    +1 408/559-7434

I'm not affiliated with DASnet, but I'm posting this description as a
possible solution to general case of the problem stated in the earlier
posting.

Richard S. Shuford  | These opinions here are held neither by the
shuford@cs.utk.edu  | University of Tennessee nor by the National
BIX: richard        | Football League.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 17 Jan 91 14:43:25 EST
From: kelley@flowcyt.cyto.purdue.edu (Steve Kelley)
Subject: EDT and TECO for PC

There is an excellent shareware version of EDT for MS-DOS called SEDT
written by Anker Berg-Sonne.  It can be found on
terminator.cc.umich.edu in the msdos/editors/others directory, on
wsmr-simtel20.army.mil in the PD:<MSDOS.EDITOR> directory, and on
wuarchive.wustl.edu in mirrors/msdos/editor.  License cost is $25.00
for the current version (I use version 4.0) and I believe version 3.xx
is freeware.

I guess I should have mentioned in my other message, if you are a true
DEC fan, you can pick up a really good TECO for MSDOS from Pete Siemsen
at usc.edu in the pub/teco directory as tecoc.  And you too can laugh
madly at the hordes of UNIX zombies who constantly cry out for yet
another emacs or vi clone. :-)

Steve Kelley            kelley@flowcyt.cyto.purdue.edu

Cancer Center Cytometry Laboratories        (317) 494-8638 -- voice
B050 Hansen LSRB, Purdue University         (317) 494-0517 -- fax
West Lafayette, Indiana, 47907

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 17 Jan 91 19:08:28 -0400
From: pham@px3.stfx.ca (Hai Pham)
Subject: Windows 3 Alternative FTP Site (V91 #10)

cica.cica.indiana.edu

There are other Windows3 FTP sites, but cica.cica is the best I've come
accross without going outside of North America.  (You don't really want
to FTP to overseas sites anyway - the response time is horrible.) You
can also get a complete list of other possible sites from
pilot.njin.net

Best of luck,
Hai Pham

Hai Pham
TPI, Physics Dept.
Box 383, Saint Francis Xavier University
Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada, B2G 1C0.
Email: pham@phoenix.stfx.ca (Internet)

------------------------------

Date: 17 Jan 91 12:37:00 CST
From: "55SRWLGS" <55srwlgs@sacemnet.af.mil>
Subject: Deceptive Advertising - Selective Software

From: HQSACHCX     "HQ SAC/HC, OFFUTT AFB NE 68113-5001"
To: @AIG688-HC
CC: @ALMAJCOM-HC,55SRWLGS,410SPS,HQSACHCX
Subj: Selective Software

A personal observation--I received a Winter '91 catalog from Selective
Software, Santa Cruz, California.  On page 42, they advertise SoftKey's
Key Publisher, 500 graphics images, mouse, and a presentation graphics
package.

However, a picture depicting "Keychart adds graphic punch to everything
from term papers...." is actually a picture of Wordstar 5/6 with an
external dictionary overlaid on the screen.  If you do plan to do
business with this company, please exercise caution.  You may consider
calling their toll free number first to get further clarification on
the capabilities and limitations of software you're planning to purchase.

Dom

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 03 Jan 91 16:07:05 EST
From: Alex Nemeth <AN5@CORNELLC>
Subject: Disk Optimizers

I'm looking for idea's on what type of Disk Optimizer to purchase, and
would appreciate any comments (good or bad) on your favorite, or not so
favorite Optimizer.

I currently use DISK OPTIMIZER on my ZDS Z-158 at home and other than
the amount of time it takes to complete I've had no complaints.

We're currently running IBM model 70's with 60mb drives, some setup as
2-30mb, and others as single 60mb.  each with a min. of 5mb Ram

IBM MOdel 30's with 20mb Hardcards

IBM PC's with 20mb drives

our current operating systems are DOS 3.2, 3.3, OS/2 and we are
currently looking into Novell, possibly unix as we design a LAN system

I realize that this might have been discussed before, if so could
someone point me to the right archived set of files and I can go
merrily browsing on my way.

Thanks

Alex Nemeth
Acknowledge-To: <AN5@CORNELLC>

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 15 Jan 91 16:39 EST
From: The Apple <S12124CW@SEMASSU.BITNET>
Subject: AT&T 6300 plus

   I would like to know stats on the AT&T 6300 plus (speed, processor,
etc).

   I also would like to know where I could get a keyboard for the
thing.  (I bought the machine for the hard drive and it came with no
keyboard).   Also, can a 'normal' monitor be hooked up to the thing via
its 25 pin monitor connector ?

   How compatable is the thing ?

        Thanks,
          -- Curt

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr.
Graduate Student in CIS @ Southeastern Massachusetts Univ

BITNET: S12124CW@SEMASSU
        PCIS17CW@SEMASSU
        WILBAR%SMUHEP@SEMASSU

------------------------------

Date:    Thu, 17 Jan 91 13:43 CET
From:    "Chris Gallacher" <LETTCG@HLERUL2.BITNET>
Subject: Reading Mac disks on IBM-PC

Hello Everybody,

I was wondering if anybody on this list knows of a programme for the PC
which can read (and write) Mac disks.

Thanks in advance.

Chris
The State University of Leiden
The Netherlands.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 17 Jan 91 16:54:17 EST
From: KESLER%OUACCVMA.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
Subject: GNU, UNIX and MS-DOS

I'm interested in any information people can provide about the GNU
(UNIX) operating system for MS-DOS machines.  I've seen many
collections of files but I have not yet discovered if there exists a
complete operating system (kernel and all) or just GNU-ish versions of
standard UNIX utilities.

My ultimate question is whether I could partition my PC's hard disk and
create a DOS partition along with a UNIX (GNU-ish) partition?  Would
this allow me to create a poor-man's UNIX machine?

        BITNET: kesler@ouaccvma
    INTERNET: kesler@ouvaxa.ucls.ohiou.edu

University Computing and Learning Services
            INFORMATION CENTER
      Ohio University, Athens, Ohio

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 16 Jan 91 15:45:00 EST
From: Robert Wince <RWINCE%MEMSTVX1.bitnet@ugw.utcs.utoronto.ca>
Subject: Screen Dump on Zenith Laptop

Hello Netters,

Needed: A utility for printing (in graphics mode) an IBM screen.
Something similar to the old GRAFTRAX, which worked on the Epson
printer.  The computer is a ZENITH model ZTV-3040, which is a 386
laptop computer with a flat screen - resolution 640 X 480.  Something
that would work on a laser printer would be great!

Any ideas?

Name:         Robert Wince, Manager User Services
Site:         MEMPHIS STATE UNIVERSITY - STOP AD112
Location:     Memphis  TN  38152
VoiceNET:     901.678.3876  ***   FAX: 901.678.3299
BITnet:       rwince@memstvx1.bitnet
Internet:     rwince@msuvx1.memst.edu

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Jan 91 07:49:26 CST
From: "Tony Phillips (VMA)" <S102066@UMRVMA.UMR.EDU>
Subject: Colors with TeleMate 2.11

    Does anyone on this list use TeleMate 2.11?  If so, could you tell
me how I can get the terminal colors to be the intense colors instead
of the dull ones?

Thanks!
Sincerely,

Tony Phillips
Student of Computer Science
University of Missouri, Rolla
                             -==*==-
Reply Addresses:
BITNet:   S102066@UMRVMA             PostalNet:
InterNet: S102066@UMRVMA.UMR.EDU     632 Thomas Jefferson
PhoneNet: (314) 341-9524             Rolla, MO  65401

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 8 Jan 91 19:51:16 EST
From: Trevor Cradduck <trevorc@uwovax.uwo.ca>
Subject: TSR for batch files required

I need a TSR that will "wake-up" at preset times to run a batch file.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I am sure such a program
must exist as so many magtape backup routines rely on such a method for
timed backups.

Many thanks -

Trevor Cradduck <TREVORC@UWOVAX.UWO.CA>
University of Western Ontario, London, Canada

------------------------------

Subject: New Uploads:
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 1991  02:25 MST
From: Keith Petersen <w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL>
Subject: Recent msdos uploads to SIMTEL20

The following files have been recently uploaded to SIMTEL20:

NOTE: Type B is Binary; Type A is ASCII

 Filename   Type Length   Date    Description
Directory PD1:<MSDOS.ARC-LBR>
ZZAP61A.ZIP   B   95775  910112  Convert between ARC/DWC/LBR/LZH/PAK/ZIP/ZOO

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.BASIC>
UBAS815.ZIP   B  304890  910109  High precision math-oriented BASIC interpreter
UBMPQS32.ZIP  B   35518  910109  UBASIC prime factorization pgm for 386/486

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.BATUTL>
SELECT.ZIP    B    9152  910107  Select from multiple AUTOEXEC files on boot-up

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.BBS>
ASPBBS.ZIP    B   19027  910114  How BBS can now be an associate member of ASP

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.BBSDOORS>
PHONE200.ZIP  B   59104  910109  Split screen BBS Chat door. Fossel required

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.BBSLISTS>
96BB0191.ZIP  B   49635  910112  World-wide 9600+ bps BBS list for JAN 91
GOVT91.ZIP    B    1971  910112  Listing of government-run bulletin boards
USBBS80.ZIP   B   51335  910112  Darwin's nationwide IBM BBS listing: 01/01/91

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.BORLAND>
ET3BGI.ZIP    B    4666  910114  BGI driver for Tseng ET3000 SVGA cards

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.C>
MCOMM530.ZIP  B   77504  910112  Interrupt-driven async LIB for MS-C & Turbo-C

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.CALCULATOR>
HEX_CALC.ZIP  B   59097  910114  Hex/dec/binary calculator and ASCII/video ref.

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.CLIPPER>
RLIB20.ZIP    B  122409  910109  Clipper menus/dialog/record-select lib w/src
SLSW.ZIP      B  297382  910109  SUPER.LIB Shareware for Clipper S87/Clipper5
SUBNTX2.ZIP   B   60978  910109  Fast index extract/create Clipper filter rtn
VSIX302.ZIP   B   60783  910109  Vern Six's Clipper Summer '87 tookbox v3.02
WORKBASE.ZIP  B  162879  910109  Clipper/dBASE development/file access system

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.DATABASE>
CEQPT32D.ZIP  B  117378  910117  Database for equipment service/usage histories
CINVT52D.ZIP  B  121386  910117  Inventory pgm for tracking store stock/orders
GIFLG11A.ZIP  B   47608  910114  GIF file cataloging program

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.DESKACCESS>
BDAY.ZIP      B   37191  910116  Birthday/event reminder with music & search
PC1410.ZIP    B  161848  910109  Personal Calendar (clock,cal,remind,notepad)

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.DESQVIEW>
DVMACROS.ZIP  B    5703  910114  MASM macros for Topview/Desqview pgm develop.
QW12INST.ZIP  B  211564  910116  DESQview white papers tech notes, w/QTEST (PD)

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.DIRUTL>
FIND216.ZIP   B   25592  910114  Ultra fast file finder for DOS 3 and higher

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.DISASM>
ID12.ZIP      B   27040  910109  Intelligent Disassembler v1.2
MD86.ZIP      B  166241  910115  Masterful Disassembler for Intel 8086 programs

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.DSKUTL>
SHOWF241.ZIP  B   30126  910109  Intuitive display of disk FAT & dir structure

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.EDITOR>
E2-1.ZIP      B  129723  910116  Unix Rand text editor ported to MS-DOS
VDE-BC.ZIP    B    7571  910112  Big characters for VDE text editor
VDE-MC.ZIP    B   18267  910112  Macros for VDE text editor
VDE16A.ZIP    B  114255  910112  Small, fast, WordStar-like text editor

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.EDUCATION>
ODE25.ZIP     B  131887  910116  Ordinary differential equation simulate/solve

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>
SIMIBM.ARC    B  234700  910117  SIMTEL20 MSDOS files listing with descriptions
SIMIBM.IDX    A  522880  910117  SIMTEL20 MSDOS files listing with descriptions

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.FILUTL>
CHK4C260.ZIP  B   13282  910116  Identify PKLITE/LZEXE/DIET/AXE/LEXEM/TINYPROG
DRX099.ZIP    B   30119  910112  Shell for executable pgm (COM/EXE) compressors
QUX01_91.ZIP  B   11386  910116  Quick UUencode/UUdecode and XXencode/XXdecode

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.GIF>
CSHW823A.ZIP  B  100215  910114  GIF/MAC/RLE view/print, Herc/CGA/EGA/VGA/SVGA
GIFDE32A.ZIP  B   32370  910114  View several GIFs at once. Req. VGA w/>=512K
GRABSC11.ZIP  B   38235  910112  Save graphics screens to disk, then cvt to GIF

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.GRAPHICS>
STK100.ZIP    B  214270  910109  Sprite Graphics Toolkit v1.0 for Turbo C

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.INFO>
QEMMTEC.ZIP   B   20777  910112  Quarterdeck Tech Notes for QEMM/DESQview/Win3
TIPS1115.ZIP  B   24663  910112  Tips - QEMM/DV, RBBS-PC, Zenith, Doorway, etc.
TSFAQ16.ZIP   B   62345  910112  T.Salmi: Frequently asked questions & answers

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.KA9Q-TCPIP>
VIEW0107.ZIP  B  312494  910107  Electronic mail program for use w/KA9Q TCP/IP

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.KEYBOARD>
STUFF30.ZIP   B   12406  910112  StuffIt v3.0 - Stuff keystrokes into buffer

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.LAN>
CMAIL24E.ZIP  B  134228  910117  Electronic mail agent pgm for use on any LAN

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.MODEM>
BACKDOOR.ZIP  B   53534  910112  Automated X/YModem/Kermit file xfer/term emul.
NMODM160.ZIP  B   34093  910112  NMODEM protocol driver w/MNP and 16550 support
TMODM500.ZIP  B   43003  910112  TMODEM, fast file transfer protocol module
USRMAN.ZIP    B  126091  910112  USRobotics user manual, updated for v.32bis
XFER39.ZIP    B   81291  910109  Shell adds multiple protocols to terminal pgms

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.MUSIC>
D10CTL11.ZIP  B  104090  910116  Roland D-5/10/20/110 synthesizer MIDI ctl pgm
JMPLAY11.ZIP  B  219269  910114  Play Amiga Sound/NoiseTracker on Sound Blaster

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.PACKET>
PKTGOLD.ZIP   B  183852  910112  Hams: Packet Radio utility for PK-232 TNC

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.PCMAG>
PCINDX01.ZIP  B   25877  910112  Index of PC Magazine files to January, 1991
VOL10N02.ZIP  B  123824  910112  PCMag: FOXIDX,HPNOTES,LZSELECT,MOVBYTES,QPRINT

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.PCTECHNIQUES>
PCTV1N5.ZIP   B   37593  910112  PC Techniques magazine, volume 1 number 5

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.PRINTER>
CRAM-V21.ZIP  B   19432  910112  CRAM v2.1, Place 6 pages of text on 1 sheet
PPRINT50.ZIP  B   78375  910109  Patriquin's advanced printer utility, v5.0

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.QBASIC>
BKINPQB.ZIP   B   25803  910109  Edited input function library for QuickBasic
GRAFWZ14.ZIP  B  104442  910112  Smaller, faster graphics library for QBASIC4.5

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.SCREEN>
BORDER.ZIP    B    9718  910112  Set screen border color using BIOS rtns, w/src
NAB15.ZIP     B   15456  910112  Selective screen capture to file/kbd/printer
TDRAW330.ZIP  B  171286  910112  TheDraw ANSI editor and drawing program, v3.30

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.SYSUTL>
CRON12.ZIP    B   52579  910115  Timed command dispatcher; like Unix cron
EXECSW13.ZIP  B   25968  910109  Swaps calling program into expanded memory
HRAM1.ZIP     B   41570  910114  QRAM-like memory mgr gives up to 944K for DOS
RBSETNV1.ZIP  B   73959  910107  Set/add/insert/delete/change environment vars.
SELECT.ZIP    B    9152  910109  Select from multiple AUTOEXEC files on boot-up

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.TELIX>
EXHOST15.ZIP  B   78532  910112  ExecHost: Telix BBS host mode w/doors & areas
TELIXANA.ZIP  B    9534  910109  Gives comprehensive analysis of TELIX.USE file

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.TEX>
JEMTX101.ZIP  B  386081  910109  JemTeX v1.01 - Japanese [La]TeX
PCWTEX.ZIP    B   14719  910116  Translates PC Write files to TeX files
SB34TEX.ZIP   B  266752  910116  TeX v3.4, plus files for Plain TeX
SBMF12.ZIP    B  241664  910116  MS-DOS adaptation of Knuth's METAFONT for TeX

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.TROJAN-PRO>
SECUR221.ZIP  B   34341  910112  Virus/trojan security, prevents unauth. writes

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.TURBOPAS>
EXTEND5.ZIP   B   12815  910109  Allows more than 20 files open at once in TP6
INDEX15.ZIP   B   16353  910116  TP4-6: Indexed files, encryption & file maint.
TSPA2360.ZIP  B   74876  910116  TurboPascal 6.0 units for programmers, T.Salmi

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.TXTUTL>
MSIGUIDE.ZIP  B  154973  910112  Shareware Norton Guide clone from MSI

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.VENTURA>
VPWINFIX.ZIP  B   78523  910109  Ventura Publisher/Windows 3.0 patches, 11/90

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.ZIP>
ZIPUP1_1.ZIP  B   16258  910109  Strip out or add comments to ZIPs
ZTERMV38.ZIP  B   48146  910112  Shell, PKZIP, etc with SysOp stamp/strip

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.ZMODEM>
MOBYTRBO.ZIP  B    3097  910112  Explanation of MOBYTurbo protocol in Zmodem

If you are unable to access SIMTEL20 via Internet FTP or through one of
the BITNET/EARN file servers, most SIMTEL20 MSDOS files, including the
PC-Blue collection, are available for downloading on the Detroit
Download Central network at 313-885-3956.  DDC has multiple lines which
support 300/1200/2400/9600/14400 bps (HST/V.32/V.42/V.42bis/MNP5).
This is a subscription system with an average hourly cost of 17 cents.
It is also accessable on Telenet via PC Pursuit and on Tymnet via
StarLink outdial.  New files uploaded to SIMTEL20 are usually available
on DDC within 24 hours.

Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's MSDOS, MISC & CP/M archives [IP address 26.2.0.74]
Internet: w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.Army.Mil    or     w8sdz@vela.acs.oakland.edu
Uucp: uunet!wsmr-simtel20.army.mil!w8sdz              BITNET: w8sdz@OAKLAND

End of Info-IBMPC Digest V91 #14
-------