Info-IBMPC@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL ("Info-IBMPC Digest") (03/25/91)

Info-IBMPC Digest           Sat, 23 Mar 91       Volume 91 : Issue  66

Today's Editor:
         Gregory Hicks - Rota Spain <GHICKS@WSMR-Simtel20.Army.Mil>

Today's Topics:
                       68ASMSIM.ZIP won't PKUNZIP
             Re: economics and economics modelling question
                   Would you E-Mail RESPLAY1.ZIP to me?
                Re: Programming Printer Port for Input??

Today's Queries:
            Translation vs Native modes in IDE drives Query
                       Repair of DOS backup files
                           UUDECODE question
                            Windows 3.0 help

New Uploads:
         Anti-Virus programs from Holland uploaded to SIMTEL20
          CURA21.ZIP - Win3: Autocidal pest control simulation
     FOLDED_U.ZIP - Folding/outlining ASCII editor for programmers
      HC910308.ZIP - HamComm: Transmit/receive RTTY with PC/XT/AT
       OBERONM.ZIP - Oberon-M(tm) compiler, lib mods, docs (v1.0)
                    Recent msdos uploads to SIMTEL20
     SWPUTILS.ZIP - Does vertical/horizontal text file extractions
        Utilities for the visually impaired uploaded to SIMTEL20

Send Replies or notes for publication to:
<INFO-IBMPC@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL>

Send requests of an administrative nature (addition to, deletion from
the distribution list, et al) to:
<INFO-IBMPC-REQUEST@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL>

Archives of past issues of the Info-IBMPC Digest are available by FTP
only from WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL in directory PD2:<ARCHIVES.IBMPC>.

Date: 15 Mar 91 16:31 UT
From: /PN=ROBERT.MORALES/O=GSFCMAIL/PRMD=GSFC/ADMD=TELEMAIL/C=US/@sprint.com
Subject: 68ASMSIM.ZIP won't PKUNZIP!

I have just downloaded from SIMTEL20 the 68000 Cross- assembler and
Simulator (PD1:<MS-DOS.CROSSASM>68ASMSIM.ZIP).  Unfortunately, after
repeated attempts, the ZIP file will not uncompress.  A recent posting
suggested using the PKUNZIP -d option.  I have tried that, but to no
avail.  I get an error message:

WARNING!: I don't know how to handle: (filename).

Any suggestions?

-Robert Morales
email: rmorales%gsfcmail@ames.arc.nasa.gov

[This message usually means that you need a newer version of PKUNZIP.
Grab PD1:<MSDOS.STARTER>PKZ110EU.EXE from SIMTEL...  gph]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Mar 91 21:15 EST
From: Stanton Loh <U2ZJ%VAX5.CIT.CORNELL.EDU@CORNELLC.cit.cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: economics and economics modelling question

"@Risk", a program from Palisade Corp., allows you to create economic
models based on customized probability distributions.  The program runs
under Lotus 2.2, 3.1, and Excel on a PC and Macintosh.  Call them at
(607) 277-8000 - they'll send you a free demo diskette.  The program is
used by, among other institutions and companies, the Harvard business
school.

-Stanton Loh
u2zj@vax5.cit.cornell.edu

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Mar 91 17:49 CST
From: whos@ddsw1.mcs.com (Ben Feen)
Subject: Would you E-Mail RESPLAY1.ZIP to me?

I realize this is a great deal to ask, but is it possible for you to
UUENCODE Resplay1.zip and play400.zip and mail them to me?  I don't
have access to the simtel20 archives.

whos@ddsw1.MCS.COM

[Rather than doing that, I'll E-Mail the help file that tells how to
access the Archives via E-Mail.  Then you can grab all the files you
want.  gph]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 Mar 91 02:16 EDT
From: Chris <CHOWE%HAMPVMS.BITNET@YALEVM.YCC.Yale.Edu>
Subject: Re: Programming Printer Port for Input??

In the IBMPC digest of 28 Feb 91, Michael Bratrich writes:

> Does anyone know how to reprogram the printerport for input?  We like
> to capture data send by a (non IBM) netmonitor via Centroncs-port with
> a laptop.

The printer port has the capability to output ONLY for the 8 data
lines.  However, there are four "status" lines that can be used for
data acquisition.

The BIOS service INT 17h Function 2 returns in register AH: (Note --
input DX=0 for LPT1)

        Bit 7 - Printer Not Busy.        (pin 11 on DB25 connector)
        Bit 6 - Printer Acknowledge.     (pin 10)
        Bit 5 - Out of Paper.            (pin 12)
        Bit 3 - I/O Error                (pin 15)

However, the BIOS is too slow for many applications. For a speedier
routine,you must read the status register of the printer port directly.
Printer LPT1's status register is usually at address 0379h.  Check your
manual for details.

        Hope this helps,
        Chris Howe              CHOWE@HAMPVMS.BITNET

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 15 Mar 91 09:52:31 GMT
From: Jacek Holeczek <HOLECZEK%PLKTUS11.BITNET@uga.cc.uga.edu>
Subject: Translation vs Native modes in IDE drives Query

Every Seagate HD drive comes with the "Installation Guide". I have seen
many Seagate IDE drives and for some of them there are not any warnings
against reformating (ST157A,ST138A,ST157A,...), but for the others
there is a warning that reformating will "overwrite" some sectors where
important informations about "magnetic surface" are stored, so it is
better not to do this. (For the first type of drives you can even find
an instruction in "Installation Guide" - how to reformat them using
DISK MANAGER.)

Many (or even all) of Seagate IDE drives have two modes of "work".
Those modes define how the drive is recognized by the host computer.
There are two modes - one called "Native" and one called "Translation".
In native mode the host computer sees the "physical" geometry of the
drive,  and in translation mode it sees "translated" geometry of the
drive. Here is an example : ST157A

                    translation     native
sectors/track       17              26
read/write heads    7               6
cylinders           733             560
guaranteed sectors  87,227          87,360

Which one mode is better and why ?  (I have met a guy who said that he
had got better transmission speed in translated mode than in the
native, but I do not understand this !)

                                                  Bye,bye,
                                                Jacek Holeczek

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Mar 91 15:54:35 GMT
From: salehh@jacobs.cs.orst.edu ()
Subject: Repair of DOS backup files

 Is there a utility that will repair damaged backup files?  The files
are ascii and were backedup under DOS 3.2 . The possible cause of the
damage is that the machine the files were backedup from had floppy
drives that were out of alignment.

 Thank you !

------------------------------

Date: Fri Mar 15 09:29:32 1991
From: johnboyd@logdis1.oc.aflc.af.mil (John Boyd;CRENP)
Subject: UUDECODE question

I've run into a problem with a uuencoded file from the listserver@nodak.
As a preface, let me say I've been doing this for a couple months, so I
know how to get through the process OK, it's just a problem that's cropped
up with the last couple big files I got.

On INFOP145.ZIP I get the pieces OK, and strip out the 'spurious garbage'
and then proceed to uudecode.  The error message I get says 'end not
found'.  The DDs warn that files passing through Unix systems may
incorrectly translate the CR/LF situation, but that it will really be OK.
Well, it's *not*.  I go ahead and run pkunzip -t, and it tells me that
there is an error, and to use pkzipfix.  I do that, and go ahead and
extract the exe, and when I try to run that; *suprise*, DOS says 'error in
exe file'.

I have performed this sequence of file request,edit,decode,discard twice;
so I feel certain that I've gotten past whatever might have been random
problems.  Some other files that I got at the same time and had to knit
together were OK, so that's not the problem.  I'm sure it's something
minor, but the docs don't give a clue.  Can anyone help me out here?

Thanx!!                   -jb

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 91 11:50:44 EST
From: snoopy@charlot.pg.bull.fr (Francesco Iarlori)
Subject: Windows 3.0 help !!!

I'm not able to configure my Windows 3.0 in order to run it in
enhanced mode.

I've a NEAT 386sx board and a CTX VGA Color Monitor with its drivers.

In real or standard mode it works correctly.

Hints and helps are appreciated ...
Tnx! in advance!

Francesco Iarlori
BULL HN Italia                          System Support
via ai Laboratori                       Communication Group
Pregana Milanese (MI) Italy

E-mail: Francesco.Iarlori@pg.bull.fr    Tel.: +39 (2) 9336.8363
        snoopy@charlot.pg.bull.fr                         .8320
IP_Address:             138.70.10.17    Fax :             .8463

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 91 19:47 MET
From: FTHSMULD%rulgl.LeidenUniv.nl@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
Subject: Anti-Virus programs from Holland uploaded to SIMTEL20

I have uploaded the following programs to the SIMTEL20 archives. All
come from Holland.  The TBxxx software is written by Frans Veldman, the
VIRUSSIG file is described below:

;%   Virus information file for TBSCAN and HTSCAN virus scanners
;%   (C) Copyright 1989-1991 by Jan Terpstra of FIDONET 2:512/10.0
;%   P.O. Box 66, 1462 ZH, Beemster, The Netherlands
;%   Revision:     910308  (yymmdd)

pd1:<msdos.troj-pro>
TBRESC12.ZIP    Thunderbyte Resque Boot Sector version 1.2
TBSCAN21.ZIP    Thunderbyte Scan  version 2.1 - needs VIRUSSIG
TBSCNX23.ZIP    Thunderbyte XScan (TSR) v 2.3 - needs VIRUSSIG
VIRUSSIG.ZIP    Virus Signatures for TBSCAN/HTSCAN - day 67

jeroen
FTHSMULD%rulgl.LeidenUniv.nl@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 91 15:51:57 EST
From: barr@THEORY.TN.CORNELL.EDU (Barr Ticknor)
Subject: CURA21.ZIP - Win3: Autocidal pest control simulation

I have uploaded to SIMTEL20:

pd1:<msdos.education>
CURA21.ZIP      Win3: Autocidal pest control simulation

Curacao is a simulation of the sterile insect release method of pest
control.  It was developed at Cornell University for use in teaching
Integrated Pest Management and related courses.  The program features
context sensitive help and graphic display of simulation results.  A
User's Manual in MS Windows Write format is included.

Barr Ticknor
barr@theory.TN.CORNELL.EDU

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 06 Mar 91 15:40:40 MEZ
From: Till Koerner <HT050KO%DACTH11@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>
Subject: FOLDED_U.ZIP - Folding/outlining ASCII editor for programmers

I have uploaded to SIMTEL20:

pd1:<msdos.editor>
FOLDED_U.ZIP    Folding/outlining ASCII editor for programmers

foldED is a fast editor for programmers and/or 'TeX-nicians'.  In
addition to the features of any better ASCII editor it supports the
unique feature of 'folding': Outlining for program source code! It
adapts to the programming language used and hides the information it
embedds into the source code in a way neither compilers/interpreters
nor other tools will complain about. This is a very slightly restricted
shareware version of a commercially available product. A German version
is available, too.

Till Koerner,  <ht050ko at dacth11.bitnet>,        Tel. +49 241 80 5950
Inst. f. Industrieofenbau u. Waermetechnik im Huettenwesen
RWTH Aachen (Aachen University of Technology)
Kopernikusstrasse 16
D-W5100 Aachen
Federal Republic of Germany
<Standard Disclaimer>

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 8 Mar 91 07:23:48 -0500
From: nixbur!schroeder.pad@UUNET.UU.NET
Subject: HC910308.ZIP - HamComm: Transmit/receive RTTY with PC/XT/AT

I have uploaded to SIMTEL20:

pd1:<msdos.hamradio>
HC910308.ZIP    HamComm: Transmit/receive RTTY with PC/XT/AT

HamComm is a program for ham radio communications.  It supports
reception and transmission of amateur radio teletype signals.  The
interesting thing about it is, that it doesn't require an expensive
modem.  The audio output of the transceiver is connected to the serial
port of any PC/XT/AT compatible computer thru a very simple and
low-cost circuit.  Only one IC is needed (Op-Amp LM741 or similar) and
a few diodes, capacitors and resistors.  For transmission the speaker
output is connected to the microphone input of the transceiver thru a
passive r/c filter.  Audio frequency decoding and serial/parallel
conversion is all done by the program.

HamComm automatically detects the type of video adapter in use.  MDA,
CGA, EGA, VGA and Hercules are supported.  All graphics routines are
written in assembler for speed.  No attempt has been made to avoid
screen flicker (snow) on cheap CGAs.

HamComm runs on XT maschines but the graphics displays of the input
signal are more fun to watch on an AT-class maschine.  Nearly all of
the functions can also be controlled by using a mouse.  A harddisk is
not required.  All texts are written in english (sort of :-) and the
online help function includes the schematics for the interface circuit.
There are also predefined standard phrases, a QTH distance/direction
calculator and a callsign decoder.  Currently about 310KB of free RAM
is required.

HamComm will probably NOT run under any kind of multitasking software
like Desqview or Windows since it needs direct control of the interrupt
controller, timer chip and serial I/O hardware.

HamComm 1.3 is FREEWARE.  No registration, no fee.  Share and enjoy!

Extensive changes made to transition from version 1.2 to 1.3 are
documented in the included change log.

73 de Django
+---------------+-----------------------+----------------------------+
| W.F.Schroeder | MS-Dos & OS/2 Systems | Snail: Nixdorf Computer AG |
+---------------+-----------------------+ -mail: Dep. WA T271        |
| UUCP:  uunet!nixbur!schroeder.pad     |        Heinz-Nixdorf-Ring  |
| Phone: nat-5251-82-3525               |        D-4790 Paderborn    |
| AMPR:  DL5YEC @ DB0BQ    73 es 55     |        Fed.Rep. of Germany |
+---------------------------------------+----------------------------+

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 15 Mar 91 10:50:11 PST
From: erv@EVEREST.TANDEM.COM (E. Videki)
Subject: OBERONM.ZIP - Oberon-M(tm) compiler, lib mods, docs (v1.0)

I have uploaded my Oberon-M compiler to SIMTEL20:

pd1:<msdos.pgmutl>
OBERONM.ZIP     Oberon-M(tm) compiler, lib mods, docs (v1.0)

Oberon is the 2nd generation programming language past Pascal (and is
the next step past Modula-2).  It cleans up most of the difficulties of
Modula, while giving a clean, simple way to do just about anything in a
type-safe way.  The definition comes from Niklaus Wirth, at ETH in
Zurich (who of course defined its predecessors).

My MSDOS compiler has been in use for 18 months, and has seen no bugs
for over a year.  It contains the language revisions made by Professor
Wirth.  Note that this compiler (and its associated library modules)
are exclusively for MSDOS: standard object files are generated and
theoretically may be linked with other non-Oberon files.

Programs written using this package are source compatible with the
so-called Oberon System used at ETH Zurich.

-- Regards,
      Ed Videki
      erv@everest.tandem.com

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1991  01:34 MST
From: Keith Petersen <w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL>
Subject: Recent msdos uploads to SIMTEL20

The following files have been recently uploaded to SIMTEL20:

NOTE: Type B is Binary; Type A is ASCII

 Filename   Type Length   Date    Description
Directory PD1:<MSDOS.4DOS>
4MENU11W.ZIP  B   44032  910314  Makes batch file menus using 4DOS functions

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.ARC-LBR>
AV12.ZIP      B   11357  910311  Ledbetter's dir viewer for ZOO/LZH/ARC/PAK/PKA
LHA211.EXE    B   42874  910314  LHA archiver v2.11 has better comp. than ZIP

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.BATUTL>
TSBAT24.ZIP   B   54603  910313  Collection of useful batch files by Timo Salmi

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.BBS>
EXE275G1.ZIP  B  172960  910311  QuickBBS 2.75 Gamma-1. Requires Gold Key
IMAIL110.ZIP  B  226923  910311  FidoNet mail processor for QBBS/SBBS/RA
QUFE122.ZIP   B   53504  910311  User editor for use with QBBS/SBBS/RA
S-VER092.ZIP  B   90401  910311  New-caller verification for SBBS/QBBS/RA
TICK200.ZIP   B   98355  910311  Automated handling of BBS .TIC dist. files
WAF164.ZIP    B  395854  910313  Waffle BBS v1.64, with UUCP mail & Usenet news
WUP100.ZIP    B   18314  910313  Waffle BBS utility programs, version 1.00

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.BBSLISTS>
HCAP1290.ZIP  B   22866  910311  Handicap/disability related BBS list (12/90)

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.BOOKS>
ALICE13A.ZIP  B   61552  910312  Lewis Carroll-ALICE'S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.C>
ARR-V110.ZIP  B  143762  910313  Large, Many, XMS and Huge Arrays in C

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.CAD>
DC151A.ZIP    B  221526  910308  Draft Choice v1.51A for CAD and CASE diagrams

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.CATALOG>
DLS200.ZIP    B  117729  910312  Disk labeling system, interfaces w/catalogers

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.DIRUTL>
DS410A.ZIP    B  163840  910313  Directory Scanner 4.10A - Disk/File Mngr
LCD_21A.ZIP   B   23040  910313  Change dir faster & /w more features than NCD
SST_52A.ZIP   B   47987  910311  Fast file & ARC/ZIP/LZH/ZOO/PAK/PKA searcher

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.EDUCATION>
CURA21.ZIP    B   87704  910314  Win3: Autocidal pest control simulation
SKYGLOB2.ZIP  B  193281  910310  Skyglobe v2.0: Educational map of the sky

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.EEL>
BAKIN.ZIP     B   10684  910312  Video and process buffer enhancements
CURSPOS.E     B    6647  910312  Continuous display of cursor row/column
DECTOCH.E     B    1924  910312  Input characters by ASCII value
EDITKEY.ZIP   B     714  910312  Jump to definition of a keybinding
GREP.E        A    3462  910312  Interface with grep for multi-dir searches
HELP_SYS.ZIP  B   11372  910312  Build your own help files for Epsilon
LISPMODE.ZIP  B    5607  910312  Useful keybindings for editing Lisp code
MARK.ZIP      B    6656  910312  Various region-marking commands
NEWMOUSE.ZIP  B    4839  910312  Improved mouse support functions
NEXTBUF.ZIP   B    2688  910312  Single-key switch between buffers
POINTSTK.ZIP  B    3383  910312  Maintain a stack of points and buffer names
PRINTER.ZIP   B    2688  910312  Print to HP LaserJet II or IBM Graphic Printer
SAVE_MOD.ZIP  B    4992  910312  Prompt for revision comments on saving file
STOREMOD.ZIP  B    2610  910312  Enhanced version of store.e
TAGMOD.ZIP    B    5431  910312  Enhanced version of tags.e
TRIM.ZIP      B    2432  910312  Trim whitespace from ends of lines
WINCONF.E     A    3880  910312  Save/restore window setup

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>
ASP3901.ZIP   B  108396  910311  Assn. Shareware Professionals product catalog
IDX2DAT.C     A    7747  910312  Makes AutoFTP/BatchFTP scripts from SIMIBM.IDX
SIMIBM.ARC    B  244488  910316  SIMTEL20 MSDOS files listing with descriptions
SIMIBM.IDX    A  543972  910316  SIMTEL20 MSDOS files listing with descriptions

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.FILUTL>
STS_320.ZIP   B   93113  910311  'Stereo' DOS shell, dual windows/directories
TOADUU20.ZIP  B   25078  910312  Unix-compat. fast uuencode/uudecode w/ASM src

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.GIF>
GIFDES40.ZIP  B   42124  910311  View several GIFs at once. Req. VGA w/>=512K
VPIC40.ZIP    B   92402  910311  GIF/MAC/PCX/ColorRix pics view/convrt, EGA/VGA

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.GRAPHICS>
EEDRAW20.ZIP  B  240420  910310  Electrical eng'g drawing, w/print & GIF output
GLFORMAT.ZIP  B   10586  910315  Info: Grasp .GL,.PIC,.CLP,.FNT,.SET formats
GRAFWK51.ZIP  B  282217  910311  View/cvt/print MAC/IMG/GIF/TIFF/EPS graphics

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.HAMRADIO>
HC910308.ZIP  B  110935  910308  HamComm: Transmit/receive RTTY with PC/XT/AT

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.HANDICAP>
1FINGER.ZIP   B   11617  910311  Helps handicappers with multiple keystrokes
ACCENT.ZIP    B   63641  910313  DEMO of ACCENT speech synthesizer
ACCSET.ZIP    B   22444  910313  Changes ACCENT speech synthesizer's settings
ASL-TRAN.ZIP  B   69584  910311  Translates words into ASL finger spelling
BCDEMO.ZIP    B   54891  910313  BigCalc, which works with large characters
BEDIT20.ZIP   B  236868  910311  Large character editor for sight impared users
BIG-TEXT.ZIP  B   43778  910312  Enlarges text files to printer or screen
BIG26.ZIP     B  141702  910313  The BIG utils-BIG/BIGMONE/TYPER (typing tutor)
BIGCAL.ZIP    B   36859  910313  Print large type calendar
BIGECHO.ZIP   B    4226  910313  Print large letters in batch files
BIGPRINT.ZIP  B   22125  910313  Program to print large letters
BIGT.ZIP      B    3980  910315  Enlarges CGA/MDA text 10 characters at a time
CGACLK2.ZIP   B   25822  910313  Large letter clock/timer/stop watch (CGA)
DZ101.ZIP     B  142715  910311  Speech or Braille DOS shell program. DEMO
FUTUR110.ZIP  B   59563  910311  Communications program for use with a TDD
LARGE.ZIP     B   34050  910313  Another program to enlarge text on screen
LETENLRG.ZIP  B   35818  910313  Put large characters into a file
LPD-DELX.ZIP  B   77566  910315  DEMO: LP DOS Deluxe larger print w/graphics
LSIGN20.ZIP   B   72842  910311  Teaches ASL finger spelling
MAGH10.ZIP    B   40879  910311  Text enlarger for a Hercules graphics card
RELIEF.ZIP    B   64983  910315  DEMO: Eye-relief large char. word processor
SIGN40-1.ZIP  B  100441  910311  Sign Friends: Learn sign language. Part 1 of 2
SIGN40-2.ZIP  B  101961  910311  Sign Friends: Learn sign language. Part 2 of 2
SIGNFONT.ZIP  B    5715  910311  Printer font for finger spelling
VE-DOCS.ZIP   B  182944  910311  Screen/kbd access for voice synth., DEMO, 2of2
VE1-1.ZIP     B  113235  910311  Screen/kbd access for voice synth., DEMO, 1of2
VERBVIEW.ZIP  B   27210  910313  TSR magnifies text in selected areas of screen

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.INFO>
TSFAQ17D.ZIP  B   65805  910310  T.Salmi: Frequently asked questions & answers

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.KA9Q-TCPIP>
ASMOBJ.ZIP    B    7122  910309  Compiled binary files for linking w/KA9Q NOS
NET-0308.ARC  B  181175  910309  KA9Q TCP/IP, NOS 03/08/91 version, executable
SRC-0308.ZIP  B  580567  910309  KA9Q TCP/IP, NOS 03/08/91 version, source code

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.MODEM>
COMMO452.ZIP  B  102962  910308  DESQview-aware comm pgm w/macros,ext.protocols
SYSDEAL.ZIP   B    3726  910311  Sysop discount deal from US Robotics. 3/10/91

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.PCMAG>
VOL10N06.ZIP  B   88496  910308  PcMag:BOUNCE,IKE,LEAPTEST,POKEWORD,SELECT,XBUF

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.PGMUTL>
OBERONM.ZIP   B  138496  910315  Oberon-M(tm) compiler, lib mods, docs (v1.0)

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.QMODEM>
QMMDF-8.ZIP   B    6774  910311  Qmodem quick modem configuration (8th release)

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.SCREEN>
SNIPPR24.ZIP  B   20149  910314  TSR to save part of screen to disk/print/keybd

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.STARTER>
ARCE40F.UUE   A    9398  910312  V.Buerg's fast ARC extraction pgm - uuencoded
CRC67.UUE     A    6659  910312  CRC67.EXE, uuencoded to ASCII
DEZIP20.UUE   A   23380  910312  uuencoded DEZIP20.COM (ZIP archive extractor)
LOOZ210.UUE   A   18037  910312  ZOO archive extract/list LOOZ210.COM uuencoded
LUE220.UUE    A    4215  910312  LUE220.COM, uuencoded to ASCII
NUSQ110.UUE   A    3082  910312  Unsqueeze utility, uuencoded to ASCII
UUDECODE.BAS  A    5665  910312  Convert ASCII uuencoded files back to binary
UUDECODE.COM  B    1158  910312  Convert ASCII uuencoded files back to binary
UUDECODE.DBG  A    4222  910312  DEBUG script to produce UUDECODE.COM
UUDECODE.UUE  A    1654  910312  UUDECODE.COM, uuencoded to ASCII
UUENCODE.COM  B     987  910312  Convert binary files to ASCII
UUENCODE.UUE  A    1414  910312  UUENCODE.COM, uuencoded to ASCII

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.SYSUTL>
387SXBUG.ZIP  B    5436  910315  Check for bad 386sx motherboard

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.TEX>
DVIMSW24.ZIP  B   37256  910309  TeX previewer for Microsoft Windows v2.11/3.0

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.TROJAN-PRO>
TBRESC12.ZIP  B    4465  910314  Thunderbyte Anti-Virus Resque Boot Sector v1.2
TBSCAN21.ZIP  B   43980  910314  Thunderbyte Virus Scan v2.1 - needs VIRUSSIG
TBSCNX23.ZIP  B   61952  910314  Thunderbyte XScan (TSR) v2.3 - needs VIRUSSIG
VCOPY75.ZIP   B   41149  910309  Copy utility checks for viruses as it copies
VIRUSSIG.ZIP  B   13476  910314  Virus signatures for TBSCAN/HTSCAN - day 67

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.TURBO-C>
BC20P1.ZIP    B   11303  910313  Patch file for BC++ v2.0 (from Borland)
TCPPT2.ZIP    B    6927  910313  Patch file for TC++ v1.01 (from Borland)

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.TXTUTL>
SWPUTILS.ZIP  B  121972  910315  Does vertical/horizontal text file extractions

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.VGA>
VGACAP71.ZIP  B   89696  910308  Capture & Bsave VGA/MCGA/SVGA palettes/screens

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.ZIP>
ZM23.ZIP      B  139884  910311  ZipMaster 2.3, ZIP file compression manager

If you are unable to access SIMTEL20 via Internet FTP or through one of
the BITNET/EARN file servers, most SIMTEL20 MSDOS files, including the
PC-Blue collection, are available for downloading on the Detroit
Download Central network at 313-885-3956.  DDC has multiple lines which
support 300/1200/2400/9600/14400 bps (HST/V.32/V.42/V.42bis/MNP5).
This is a subscription system with an average hourly cost of 17 cents.
It is also accessable on Telenet via PC Pursuit and on Tymnet via
StarLink outdial.  New files uploaded to SIMTEL20 are usually available
on DDC within 24 hours.

Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's MSDOS, MISC & CP/M archives [IP address 26.2.0.74]
Internet: w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.Army.Mil    or     w8sdz@vela.acs.oakland.edu
Uucp: uunet!wsmr-simtel20.army.mil!w8sdz              BITNET: w8sdz@OAKLAND

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 91 18:50:55 ARG
From: "Eduardo J. Salom" <banyc!atina!swp!eduardo@UUNET.UU.NET>
Subject: SWPUTILS.ZIP - Does vertical/horizontal text file extractions

I have uploaded to SIMTEL20:

pd1:<msdos.filutl>
SWPUTILS.ZIP    Does vertical/horizontal text file extractions

This programs (Modify, Tail, Head, Lines, Fields) will allow you to do
partial extractions of a file. All programs can work as filters.  You
can select a set of lines, a set of columns or even a set of fields
separated by arbitrary delimiters, you also can insert data at a
column, delete leading, trailing and repeated blanks or convert the
file to upper or lower case.

** ShareWare ** Version 1.00, 13-Mar-91 **
Author/UL: Eduardo J. Salom - SoftWare Plus SA - Buenos Aires, Argentina.

 Eduardo J. Salom | UUCP:    ..!uunet!swp.com.ar!eduardo  ..!secyt!swp!eduardo
 SoftWare Plus SA | RFC-822: eduardo@swp.com.ar
 * Buenos Aires * | Delphi:  SWP
 *  ARGENTINA   * | desde HP-Desk: Eduardo/HP1900/UX(swp.com.ar)

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 Mar 91 12:54:28 EST
From: wtm@bunker.shel.isc-br.com (Bill McGarry)
Subject: Utilities for the visually impaired uploaded to SIMTEL20

I have uploaded to SIMTEL20:

pd1:<msdos.handicap>
MAGH10.ZIP      Text enlarger for a Hercules graphics card
BCDEMO.ZIP      BigCalc, which works with large characters
BIG26.ZIP       The BIG utils-BIG/BIGMONE/TYPER (typing tutor)
BIGCAL.ZIP      Print large type calendar
BIGPRINT.ZIP    Program to print large letters
BIGT.ZIP        Enlarges CGA/MDA text 10 characters at a time
BIG-TEXT.ZIP    Enlarges text files to printer or screen
CGACLK2.ZIP     Large letter clock/timer/stop watch (CGA)
LARGE.ZIP       Another program to enlarge text on screen
LETENLRG.ZIP    Put large characters into a file
LPD-DELX.ZIP    DEMO: LP DOS Deluxe larger print w/graphics
RELIEF.ZIP      DEMO: Eye-relief large char. word processor
VERBVIEW.ZIP    And yet another text enlarger

                                Bill McGarry
                                (203) 337-1518

UUCP:       {oliveb, philabs, decvax, yale}!bunker!wtm
INTERNET:   wtm@bunker.shel.isc-br.com
BITNET:     l-hcap@ndsuvm1.bitnet
Fidonet:    The Handicap News BBS (141/420)   1-203-337-1607
            (300/1200/2400 baud, 24 hours)
Compuserve: 73170,1064

End of Info-IBMPC Digest V91 #66
-------