Info-IBMPC@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL ("Info-IBMPC Digest") (03/29/91)

Info-IBMPC Digest           Sat, 23 Mar 91       Volume 91 : Issue  68

Today's Editor:
         Gregory Hicks - Rota Spain <GHICKS@WSMR-Simtel20.Army.Mil>

Today's Topics:
                Bugs in MS FORTRAN V5.0 using 8087 (fwd)
                          Connecting two PC's
               Data Base Package Recommendation (2 msgs)
                         Detecting Directories
                   Formatting 3.5 diskettes (2 msgs)
                                gcc & g+
                            HP LASERJET III
                     Kermit in background (V91 #56)
                          Laser Jet III (# 56)
                            Missing kB on XT
                           Updated UUPC index

Today's Queries:
                        Automenu Screen Blanker
                      dos-protected-mode-extender
                  Landscape 2-UP Output on Dot Matrix?
                            Museum software
                          Old IBM CGA Problem
                            X25 help needed
                       re: Floppy-drive problems

Send Replies or notes for publication to:
<INFO-IBMPC@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL>

Send requests of an administrative nature (addition to, deletion from
the distribution list, et al) to:
<INFO-IBMPC-REQUEST@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL>

Archives of past issues of the Info-IBMPC Digest are available by FTP
only from WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL in directory PD2:<ARCHIVES.IBMPC>.

Date: Mon, 18 Mar 91 23:08:53 CST
From: david@wubios.wustl.edu (David J. Camp)
Subject: Bugs in MS FORTRAN V5.0 using 8087 (fwd)

>Like Joe Landman, I also found a strange behaviour of MS FORTRAN 5.0
>working under 8086/8087 machines. [text deleted]

>Has anybody made similar observations?  Does anybody know what to do
>in this case?

It is not uncommon for bugs to hide when the debugger is loaded.  It
often means that the bug is not a simple coding error, but rather a
poke to an invalid memory location, possibly overwriting part of the
program.

One approach is to load the program into the debugger, and then run it
full-tilt.  If the bug occurs, the debugger might let you observe the
state of the program after the error.  Of course, this approach is
hit-or-miss.

The brute-force and most expensive solution is to buy a hardware
debugger.  This is a bus board that has an interface to an external
monitor, sometimes another PC.  The debugger is run on the external
device, and the program runs as if the debugger is not present.  The
hardware device can perform breakpoints without altering the
configuration of the software in the PC.

The time-honored and most difficult, but often very rewarding, approach
is to make printouts of your code, go to the library, and just read.
Many bugs can be found this way, but one tends to get burned out,
needing a long break after the process.  This is often more effective
if you simply explain the code to a friend.  You will often find the
bugs yourself as you find it impossible to explain the errant section.

Also consider using the old 'debug' commands that comes with Dos.  It
can only be used effectively by people who understand assembly
language, but it is less intrusive of the environment and is very small
compared to CodeView.

Perhaps the most persistent bug I ever found was diagnosed by simply
thinking about the program's behavior, and guessing what section was
the most likely to be in error.  I then inspected the printout of that
section, and found some code that was logically correct, but confused
the compiler when an array crossed a 64K segment boundary.  I recoded a
memory access as an array reference instead of as pointer arithmetic,
and the program stopped failing.  Your mileage may vary.

# david@wubios.wustl.edu             ^     Mr. David J. Camp            #
# david%wubios@wugate.wustl.edu    < * >   +1 314 382 0584              #
# ...!uunet!wugate!wubios!david      v     "God loves material things." #
# abs (investment#1 - investment#2) << abs (anyinvestment - anydebt)    #

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 18 Mar 91 11:47:46 CST
From: Richard C Elliott <RELLIOTT%TRINITY.BITNET@ricevm1.rice.edu>
Subject: Connecting two PC's

Robin van der Kuil recently asked about connecting two PC's together
through serial ports.  Recently I installed The $25 Network on two PC's
using an 80 foot cable w/null modem.  Disk drives and printers on one
machine are available from the other machine.  The hard disk of the
remote machine can be accessed as though it is attached to the machine
you are using with only a slight delay evident.  Programs on the hard
disk of the remote machine can be executed on your machine.

The program is not in the public domain nor is it shareware, but at
$25.00 the price is hard to beat.  The company will also supply a
custom length cable with null modem at a reasonable price.  The address
is:  Information Modes, P.O. Drawer F, Denton, Texas 76202, phone (817)
387-3339.

I am a happy customer and wish I had discovered the program sooner, but
I have no other connection to the company (i.e., usual disclaimers).

FROM:  RICHARD C. ELLIOTT, REGISTRAR
       TRINITY UNIVERSITY
       715 STADIUM DRIVE
       SAN ANTONIO, TX   78212
       (512) 736-7206;  FAX: (512) 736-7696
       BITNET: RELLIOTT @ TRINITY

------------------------------

Date: 18 Mar 91 08:49:00 EDT
From: "SI00::KELLYL" <kellyl%si00.decnet@v3.hanscom.af.mil>
Subject: Data Base Package Recommendation

In INFO-IBMPC Victor Bagley asks for recommendations about database packages.

Asking for database packages recommendations is kind of like asking for
Word Processor recommendations, or about religion or politics.  Your
bound to get lots of opinions.  For what its worth, here's mine.

dBASEIII+   Outmoded.  Will handle small applications if you already have it
            but don't buy it.

dBASEIV     Don't even take a free copy of version 1.0.  Version 1.1 seems to
            have all the bugs worked out.  AT's release of multi-platform
            versions make it worthy of consideration if you are in that kind of
            environment.

FOXPRO      My choice if you need user interface to the interpreter.  Fast.
            Fairly good application development.  Version 2.0 to be released
            shortly (?) promises even greater things.

PARADOX     The choice if you are going to integrate spreadsheet (QUATRO PRO)
            and database applications. Files are not .DBF.

CLIPPER     Version 5.0 is buggy.  Fix is promised soon (?).  Summer87 version
            still doing the job.  The choice for straight application
            development.  The only one that produces .EXE files.  This is a
            compiler not an interpreter so there is NO dot prompt direct user
            interface.  Great variety of third-party tools to do almost
            anything you can imagine.

Feel free to call if I can give you any other information.  Good Luck

(Standard disclaimers.  No connection with any of the companies, but
I've used all the products)

Larry Kelly
(617) 377-3098

------------------------------

Date: 18 Mar 1991 08:55:00 EST
From: DEVRIES@NAUVAX.UCC.NAU.EDU
Subject: Data Base Package Recommendations

You don't give much information about what you want to do, so it is
tough to give a recommendation, however here are some observations on
Paradox.  Paradox is a truly easy to use, yet powerful database that
does not require you to be a programmer to get things done (unlike the
dBase/clone products).  The query by example is easy to learn, but
gives you the power to really manage your data.  Preparation of Forms
for viewing data and Reports for printing data is close to WSYSIG.
Reports have available up to 16 levels of grouping (for breaks/sorting)
and numerous ways to summarize data.

When programming is needed, Paradox makes it easy to work into it
slowly.  The power of the programming language is extensive, however
and there's hardly anything you'll need that you can't do.  In
addition, you can program in C or Pascal with the Paradox Database
Engine to use either of these languages for what they are good at, but
use Paradox for what it is best at.

In addition, Paradox is from Borland.  It is a stable product, from a
stable company so you don't need to worry about the future of your
investment.  Hope this helps.

Ernie DeVries
Northern Arizona University
Academic/Personal Computer Services
bitnet%"devries@nauvax"

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 18 Mar 91 11:34:52 CST
From: Raul V Ramirez Velarde <PA251678%TECMTYVM.BITNET@ricevm1.rice.edu>
Subject: Detecting Directories

Hello, how can I detect the presence of a specific directory from dos?
Would DOS' command IF EXIST work? What would be the errorlevel value If
I tried to CD to a directory nonexistant?

Raul V Ramirez Velarde
pa251678@tecmtyvm.mty.itesm.mx
raramire@academ01.mty.itesm.mx
pa251678@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx
pa251678@tecmtyvm.bitnet

[You should take a look at the note from Andreas Tranquillini
<C102TA%AINUNI01.BITNET@uga.cc.uga.edu> that discussed a similar topic
in Info-IBMPC Digest V91 #64.  Andreas wanted to know how to Check for
existing directories and provided a summary of what he found...  gph]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 18 Mar 91 20:19:13 -0500 (EST)
From: "Johnny J. Chin" <jc58+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject: Formatting 3.5 diskettes

Excerpts From Captions of internet.info-ibmpc:
 8-Mar-91  Formatting 3.5 diskettes       "Dennis L. Williams"@uga (1024)
>I have a HeadStart III AT-286 clone at home, and a IBM PS/2 55sx here
>at work. For both machines, the "FORMAT A:" command formats both DD and
>HD diskettes at 1.4m.  To format a DD at 720k, I need to add "/N:9
>/T:80".

>Other clones, with less tolerant drives, reject DD diskettes formatted
>at 1.4m. Now for the controversy and question: What are the risks of
>formatting DD diskettes at 1.4m, or visa-versa?

First of all ... "less tolerant drives"?  That is not true.  [Sorry, if
this sounds like a flame (not intended).]  Drives which format 720k
disk to 1.44mb are by-passing the HD sensor which are built in on the
drive.  IBM PS/2 and some clones (ie. Headstart) do this.  Normally,
drives are manufactured with this sensor placed in active.  Teac is one
of the manufacturers which does this.  On some systems, a Teac drive
may be told to format a HD disk to 720k by telling the CMOS that the
drive is a 720k drive (AST does this).

What I'd like to know is, does anyone know how to by-pass this HD
sensor on a Teac drive?  That way I can format 720k disk to 1.44mb.

As for your question of what are the risks of formatting DD diskettes
to HD?  I've been told that all disk media is made at the same time,
media which does not pass the HD test are then tested to pass DD.  But
these disks are sampled from big batches.  Therefore it is possible to
have good HD diskettes labelled as DD (720k) disks.  My personal
feelings are to go ahead and format them HD.  If they fail to work, go
and reformat them to DD.  But since the prices for HD disks are
dropping, it may not be worth it.

I hope this helps.  And I'd like to thank anyone who replies to my
question.

What I'd like to know is, does anyone know how to by-pass this HD
sensor on a Teac drive?  That way I can format 720k disk to 1.44mb.

Thanks again.
          Carnegie Mellon University

 "Happy Computing ..."
    -- Computer Dr.
                        Internet: Johnny.J.Chin@andrew.cmu.edu
4730 Centre Ave. #412   BITnet:   jc58@andrew
Pittsburgh, PA  15213   UUCP:    ...!uunet!andrew.cmu.edu!jc58

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 18 Mar 91 22:53:03 CST
From: david@wubios.wustl.edu (David J. Camp)

>I have a HeadStart III AT-286 clone at home, and a IBM PS/2 55sx here
>at work. For both machines, the "FORMAT A:" command formats both DD and
>HD diskettes at 1.4m.  To format a DD at 720k, I need to add "/N:9
>/T:80".

>Other clones, with less tolerant drives, reject DD diskettes formatted
>at 1.4m. Now for the controversy and question: What are the risks of
>formatting DD diskettes at 1.4m, or visa-versa?

>On one hand, I have read that DD and HD disk platters are physically
>different, as is the drive recording techniques. A diskette formatted
>incorrectly WILL result in eventual data loss.

>On the other hand, at least 3 vendors selling "hole punches" to convert
>DD to HD diskettes claim that there is no difference, except the extra
>hole in the case.

The 1.4MB disks have a higher "coercivity".  This is a property of the
magnetic media.  It allows data to be packed more densely, because it
requires a higher current to change a bit.  The HD drives properly
apply the higher current at tighter intervals to achieve greater
density.

The DD disks have a lower coercivity.  Some authors have vehemently
claimed that formatting them for high density will use a current too
large for the media.  The close spacing of these bits with a potential
greater than the capacity of the media can cause them to interfere with
each other, causing data loss.

My only personal experience is that I have used some DD diskettes in HD
mode, and months later the data was irrecoverable.  Other similar
diskettes were okay, but I have not done a thorough study.

The HD diskettes are not signifigantly more expensive than the DD ones,
so I think it is worth the money to protect your data.  I personally
only format diskettes for their intended capacity.  -David-

Date: Mon, 18 Mar 91 10:20:54 PST
From: sam@kalessin.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Sam Sirlin)
Subject: gcc & g+

> From: ZM BEN-HALIM <benhalzm@uhura.aston.ac.uk>
> Subject: gcc & g++

> ... DOS is out of the question 'cause it
> runs in real-mode, until somebody rewrites it. ...

GNU gcc DOES run under msdos, though only for 386 or better machines.
I have two versions, both of which come with a dos extender. This
allows DOS programs to run in protected mode and use as much memory as
is available (something DOS has needed badly for a long while). Of
course this probably clashes with all sorts of memory resident
programs.

Yoshiaki Uchida's port of GNU gcc/gas/gld to MS-DOS was available
(around December) at ocf.berkeley.edu (128.32.184.25).  No
documentation was available for the port I got (still in experimental
stages). I haven't been able to get back there to see if there's a
newer version.

Another port is from DJ Delorie, and is available from
grape.ecs.clarkson.edu (128.153.13.196), directory /pub/msdos/djgcc.
It has the Gnu C and C++, as, ld, ar, nm, strip, and also a 32 bit
runtime with virtual memory support. This port seems (to me) more
robust, and I've heard of newer versions.

Sam Sirlin
Jet Propulsion Laboratory         sam@kalessin.jpl.nasa.gov

------------------------------

Date: 18 Mar 91 08:29:00 EDT
From: "SI00::KELLYL" <kellyl%si00.decnet@v3.hanscom.af.mil>
Subject: HP LASERJET III

In INFO-IBMPC, Thomas Menner asks about a heavy duty HP Laserjet III.

HP has announced the LaserJet IIISi.  17 PPM.  Heavy Duty.  There's a
"First Look" in the March 4, 1991 issue of PC Week, page 10.  According
to the article it has "integrated PostScript capability".  The article
gives (800) 752-0900 as the number for HP.

Haven't seen one myself so I can't give you a personal recommendation.

Good Luck.
- Larry Kelly

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 18 Mar 91 18:14 MDT
From: Joe Doupnik <JRD@cc.usu.edu>
Subject: Kermit in background (V91 #56)

>From: Christopher Currie (IHR) <THRA004@mvs.ulcc.ac.uk>

>Does anyone know of a way of getting MS-Kermit 3.01 to do file
>transfers in the background without running it from a multitasking
>shell? I am using an XT-level (V20) system. I've tried the shareware
>VMIX multitasker but it was not reliable.

  Nope. Can't be done without a multitasking shell. I have no plans to
contort MS-DOS Kermit to operate that way, especially with the
availability of DESQview and MS Windows to do the job properly (sic).
The price to upgrade your XT is as little as US$325 here in the States
for a 386/SX board.

  Sorry 'bout that, but what a good excuse to treat yourself.

  Joe D.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 18 Mar 91 17:35:11 EST
From: Alex Nemeth <AN5@CORNELLC.cit.cornell.edu>
Subject: Laser Jet III (# 56)

HP has a new LJIII called the SI, I saw a demo on it on 3/13/91. To say
the least I was impressed. i'll summarize the spec. sheet and add my
comments.

LASERJET IIISI

17 PPM
50,000 pg/month duty cycle
300 DPI
Standard with 1 mb ram ( 17 mb max)
Dual 500 sh. input trays  (Software Selectable)
HP PCL 5 Printer Lang. HP-GL/2 vector graphics

14 bitmapped fonts                Optional:
13 scalable typefaces             Power envelope feeder (holds 100)
2 font cart. slots                Appletalk interface, (due in fall 91)
40 internal symbol sets           Ethernet
                                  Token Ring
                                  Intergrated Adobe Postscript
Footprint:                        Legal Size Letter

16.5 H. x 21.6 W x 23.2 D (w/o letter tray)
               29.5 D (w/Letter tray)

Weight 106 Lbs.                   16 Character Display panel

Interfaces:
  RS-232-C/RS-422-A serial        Centronics Parallel

Details should be at your local HP dealer now.

I liked what I saw, since we are in the process of phasing out our S36
and getting into a lan enviorment, we will need all the stuff
available.

The Dealer crashed (knocked it over while setting it up ) his Network
so I could not get a good demo of it's full capabilities, Just a bunch
of self- tests. As for print Quailty to me it looked like any other
LaserJet output.  However it's supposed to rivial 600 dpi printers, for
this you'll need to see it for your self.

Alex Nemeth
Tech. Support
State Business Office
Cornell
AN5@CORNELLC

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 18 Mar 91 23:18:45 CST
From: david@wubios.wustl.edu (David J. Camp)
Subject: Missing kB on XT

>Help!  My XT ist acting extremely strangely. The symptoms: It has 640kB
>memory (I should know, I installed it myself).  When booting, the 640kB
>memory are checked perfectly, no complaints, nothing. Yet DOS only
>reports 639kB memory. Diagnostic tools, such as PC-TOOLS report "Memory
>reported by DOS:639k, Total memory found to be: 640k".
[text deleted]

Perhaps it is being used for ROM or Video Shadowing.  If you have these
features on your PC, try turning them off to see if that helps.  If so,
perhaps the memory manager you are installing will provide these
functions itself.  -David-

Date: Mon, 18 Mar 91 06:47:01 EST
From: Drew Derbyshire <ahd@sun.soe.clarkson.edu>
Subject: Updated index ...

The UUPC index on sun.soe.clarkson.edu was out of date.  Here's a new
one:

Mon Mar 18 06:45:03 EST 1991

This file, Index, contains an alphabetical index of the UUPC/extended
files.  Dates in the directory listing are the past year unless a year
is explicitly included.

The file log is an archive of the UUPC/extended mailing list,
uupc-info@sun.soe.clarkson.edu.  Previous month's logs are also here,
stored under the names log.month.year.

To request a file send to archive-server@sun.soe.clarkson.edu mail of
the form send uupc file Eg.  send uupc uupc09as.zip

total 902
-rw-r--r--  1 ahd          1046 Jan 14 10:36 Index
-rw-r--r--  1 ahd          3706 Mar  3 18:35 announce.doc
-rw-r--r--  1 ahd          6629 Mar  3 18:35 howtoget.doc
-rw-rw-rw-  1 ahd         85649 Mar 18 04:14 log
-rw-r--r--  1 ahd         23594 Jan 14 10:34 log.dec.90
-rw-r--r--  1 ahd        155343 Mar  2 01:40 log.feb.91
-rw-r--r--  1 ahd        127437 Feb  9 20:15 log.jan.91
-rw-r--r--  1 ahd         67853 Jan 14 10:34 log.nov.90
drwxr-xr-x  2 ahd           512 Jan  7 07:55 test
-rw-r--r--  1 ahd        188241 Mar  3 17:16 uupc09ds.zip
-rw-r--r--  1 ahd        176807 Mar  3 18:33 uupc09du.zip
-rw-r--r--  1 ahd         41070 Mar  3 16:45 uupc09dw.zip

test:
total 350
-rw-r--r--  1 ahd         54346 Jan  6 20:50 emal01as.zip
-rw-r--r--  1 ahd        290482 Jan  6 20:50 emal01au.zip

------------------------------

Subject: Today's Queries:
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 91 20:48:20 PST
From: Les_Ferch@mtsg.ubc.ca
Subject: Automenu Screen Blanker

The program AutoMenu from Magee Enterprises has a screen saver feature
that can be used two ways.  One is a simple screen blank, the other
puts a moving message on the screen that tells the user to press the
spacebar to get the menu back.  I prefer this option for our labs.

However, the message moves to only a few fixed locations on the screen.
After a while, THE SCREEN SAVER MESSAGE GETS BURNED IN!  I have seen
this on both amber and white monochrome monitors.

I phoned Magee Enterprises about this and the person I talked to would
hardly believe there was a problem, let alone do anything about it.

So, I am wondering if there are others out there who have experienced
this same method of operation?

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 18 Mar 91 14:06:00 N
From: BECKS%DJUKFA52.BITNET@uga.cc.uga.edu
Subject: dos-protected-mode-extender

hello!
Last time i found a notice that there is a dos-interface DPMI, to use
the protected mode with 80286. I think it is called DOS Protected Mode
Interface.  Is there anybody who can give me some information.

Thanks in advance B.Becks

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 18 Mar 91 08:42:40 -0700
From: djy@inel.gov (Daniel J. Yurman)
Subject: Landscape 2-UP Output on Dot Matrix?

I am looking for a printer utility which will work with Epson
compatible dot matrix printers which will print ascii text sideways in
the form of "two-pages up." I have seen and used utilities like this
for laser printers which use a 16.66 pitch font in landscape mode.  I
have not been able to find same for dot matrix.  Commerical packages
like Funk Software's "Sideways" will only print one page up.  The kind
of utility I need will print two pages up and then print the next two
pages and so on until all text is output to the printer.  Additional
features which would be handy are optional heads, footers, and page
numbering.

If anyone knows of such a utility I would appreciate a note by mail.
If there are sufficient responses, I will post a summary to the net.
Thanks.

* Dan Yurman              Idaho National Engineering Laboratory *
* djy@inel.gov            PO Box 1625   Idaho Falls   ID  83415 *

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 18 Mar 91 14:02:40 +0200
From: Dov Peter Grobgeld <CFGROB@weizmann.weizmann.ac.il>
Subject: Museum software

I have been placed in charge of the aquisition of software for the
science museum in Tel Aviv to be opened soon. We are about to receive a
number of computers from Apple and IBM. I am now looking for software
to be run on these machines. We need several types of software

   1. "Display programs" that can be run unattended or be controlled by
keyboard and mouse during execution.

   2. "Educational programs" that can be used for 1/2 hour to an hour
workshops.

Any software that fit under the general categories "Science and
technology" are of interest. These include

   o  Physics
   o  Astronomy
   o  Chemistry
   o  Biology
   o  Computer sciences
   o  Mathematics
   o  Engineering

Any references to software would be most welcome.

Dov Grobgeld
Department of Chemical Physics
The Weizmann Institute of Science
Rehovot, ISRAEL

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 18 Mar 91 14:07 EST
From: <JFL4%PSUVM@uga.cc.uga.edu>
Subject: Old IBM CGA Problem

An old office at our institution just received 13 hand-me-down XTs.
They're fine for the type of work they do (terminal emulation and word
processing) but they have the original IBM CGA monitors and cards.  I'd
appreciate suggestions about how to get rid of the snow/flashing
associated with these displays.  If there's no easy software level
solution, should I replace the cards, the monitors, or both.  Low-cost
solutions would be appreciated.  Please, no flames.

Jeff Luck
CES Systems Office
Penn State University

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 18 Mar 91 14:27 C
From: "Carlos A. F. Brefe" <SUBREFE%orion.cpqd.ansp.br@UICVM.uic.edu>
Subject: X25 help needed.

  I'd like to know if someone have experience in connecting a PC
(MS-DOS or Xenix 386) to an X25 network, to act as a BBS host. In
particular, I need to know about boards, software etc.

        Thanks in advance.

Carlos Alberto Fonseca Brefe     || E-mail: subrefe@venus.cpqd.ansp.br
CPqD/Telebras [CASC]             || PSI: (724) 11920020::SUBREFE (Brasil)
Cx. Postal 1579                  || Tel. :  +55 192 59 1522
13085 Campinas, SP - Brasil      || Fax  :  +55 192 53 4754

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 18 Mar 91 16:16:08 AST
From: "BEVANS" <BEVANS%MTA@UNBMVS1.csd.unb.ca>
Subject: re: Floppy-drive problems

We have a number of TEAC 5 1/4" 1.2 MB Floppy disk drives ( model
number FD-55GFV-57-U ) which were originally in Digital VAXmates. Our
problem is that, though they worked in the VAXmates, we can't get them
to work in other PC's. We've tried them in PC's, XT's and AT's (even
Digital AT's) but continue to get the error message:  "Drive not ready
error reading drive B:" Once the setup is done, the drive passes the
Power On Self Test and the drive-activity LED lights up when we type B:
at the C:\> prompt.  We've tried juggling jumpers but we're stumped.
Word from anyone with experience with something like this,
documentation for this drive or an address for the manufacturer (TEAC)
would be much appreciated.

End of Info-IBMPC Digest V91 #68
-------