[comp.os.research] Dynix OS & VM for Multiprocessors

marcsth@csri.toronto.edu (Marc St.Hilaire) (06/26/89)

Hi,

	Does anyone have references on the design of the Dynix operating
system? I would also be interested in any article on the design of the
virtual memory subsystem for multiprocessors. I have already read articles
on Mach, Sprite, Dash.

	Thanks for any information,

	Marc St-Hilaire (marcsth@csri.utoronto.edu)

srini@mist.cs.orst.edu (Srinivas Raghvendra) (06/28/89)

In article <8139@saturn.ucsc.edu> marcsth@csri.toronto.edu (Marc St.Hilaire) writes:
>	Does anyone have references on the design of the Dynix operating
>system? I would also be interested in any article on the design of the
>virtual memory subsystem for multiprocessors. I have already read articles
>on Mach, Sprite, Dash.
>	Marc St-Hilaire (marcsth@csri.utoronto.edu)

	I am also interested in references to the Dynix OS, so I request that
such info may please be *posted* and not email-ed just to the requesting person.

	I have seen a couple of references to Dynix. One is in the May 1989
issue of IEEE Software. The other is in the Winter 1987 Usenix proceedings.
Both articles are, I think, by Bob Beck and Dave Olien of Sequent. Any body
knows of any other references ?

[ How about Srinivas volunteering to collect all of the references and post ]
[ an edited summary?  This should help the signal/noise ratio.  --DL        ]

	Thank you.
Srinivas Raghvendra (srini@cs.orst.edu)

Srinivas Raghvendra			Internet : srini@cs.orst.edu
Dept. of Computer Science		Uucp     : ..!hplabs!hp-pcd!orstcs!srini
Oregon State University			Uucp	 : ..!tektronix!orstcs!srini
Corvallis, OR 97331
(503) 737-4471