[comp.os.research] Choices

usenet@darkstar.ucsc.edu (Usenet News Account) (06/08/90)

I post that on behalf of an East-German collegue. He is working
at the Technical University of Chemnitz and has no(t yet) access
to net news.

He wants to know about the current state of the Choices OS project
and if it is available in public domain, as was announced in one
of the papers, he read about it.

He is working on object oriented design and implementation of
operating systems himself and would be grateful for any up to date
information and/or an email address of the people working on it.

Please email to him directly, but let me have a CC, since the
email connection to Chemnitz is still somewhat weak.

      Thomas Mueller,
      Technical University of Chemnitz
      thm@tu-k-ddr.cs.tu-berlin.de

- hermann (haertig@gmdzi.gmd.de, haertig@kmx.gmd.dbp.de)

zweig@ida.org (Johnny zweig) (06/12/90)

usenet@darkstar.ucsc.edu (Usenet News Account) writes:

>Please email to him directly, but let me have a CC, since the
>email connection to Chemnitz is still somewhat weak.

>      Thomas Mueller,
>      Technical University of Chemnitz
>      thm@tu-k-ddr.cs.tu-berlin.de

>- hermann (haertig@gmdzi.gmd.de, haertig@kmx.gmd.dbp.de)

Our name-resolver can't hack thm@tu-k-ddr.cs.tu-berlin.de so I'll post this
as a followup.  I work on the Choices project at Illinois and the entire set
of technical reports is available by sending a request to:

	Anda Harney
	UIUC Dept. of Computer Science
	1304 West Springfield Avenue
	Urbana IL  61801  (U.S.)

A distribution tape of all the source code will be available after some
legal issues are ironed out.  There could be a problem sending computer
related information to East Germany; that's not my bailiwick.  Wenn Sie
noch 'was von Choices lernen wollen, schreiben Sie mir ruhig wieder!

-Johnny
(The IDA address is just while I'm here in DC over the summer.)