[comp.os.research] RPC strategies

abbott@aero.org (Russell J. Abbott) (05/15/91)

I would appreciate pointers to papers that compare RPC services and
implementation strategies.  I have been asked to investigate the claim
that the RPC services and implementation strategies offered by different
distributed operating systems make a significant difference in the
effectiveness of those systems.  Any suggestions or insights would be
appreciated.  Thanks.

Russ Abbott@aero.org

scott@uunet.UU.NET (Scott Moody) (05/20/91)

In article <15843@darkstar.ucsc.edu>, abbott@aero.org (Russell J. Abbott) writes:
> I would appreciate pointers to papers that compare RPC services and
> implementation strategies.  I have been asked to investigate the claim
> that the RPC services and implementation strategies offered by different
> distributed operating systems make a significant difference in the
> effectiveness of those systems.  Any suggestions or insights would be
> appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> Russ Abbott@aero.org

I have a bunch of papers on RPC's.  Most of the good ones
are in SIGOPS.

   A Survey of Remote Procedure Calls
       B.H. Tay, A.L. Ananda
       BITNET: taybengh@nusdics
       July 1990, SIGOPS. Vol 24, no 3
--
Scott Moody   "The Boeing Mountain Network"
     scott@shuksan.boeing.com