From: Numerical Algorithms Group <NAGSVEN%vax.oxford.ac.uk@NSS.Cs.Ucl.AC.UK>
Date: 7-JUL-1988 09:21:07 GMT
Subject: NAG Moves to "Wilkinson House"

NAG UK is about to move offices and as from 25th July our new address
will be:

   The Numerical Algorithms Group Limited
   Wilkinson House
   Jordan Hill Road
   Oxford  OX2 8DR
   UK

Our telephone, telex and fax numbers and our email addresses are unchanged.
The new office is about one and a quarter miles north of our present office.

Jim Wilkinson was a great inspiration to us and gave us much practical help
and encouragement. As we are moving to a new building, we were delighted to
have the opportunity to name the building in his honour.

------------------------------

From: Joe Flaherty <flaherje@turing.cs.rpi.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 88 08:22:02 EDT
Subject: Workshop on Adaptive Methods for PDEs

                  Workshop on Adaptive Methods for
                   Partial Differential Equations

                        October 13-15, 1988

                  Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
                          Troy, New York

             Sponsored by the U.S. Army Research Office

A workshop emphasizing new ideas and results in adaptive numerical
methods and related areas for solving partial differential equations.
Sessions and topics involve a posteriori error estimation, extraction
techniques, adaptive refinement strategies, vector and parallel
adaptive solution strategies, automatic mesh generation, and
applications of adaptive techniques to complex problems.  Invited
speakers include:

         Marsha Berger        New York University
         Ivo Babuska          University of Maryland
         John Dannenhoffer    United Technologies Research Center
         Joseph E. Flaherty   Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
         J. Tinsley Oden      University of Texas
         Linda Petzold        Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
         Mark S. Shephard     Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
         Mitchell Smooke      Yale University
         Barna A. Szabo       Washington University
         Mary F. Wheeler      University of Houston
         O.C. Zienkiewicz     University College, Swansea

Organizing Committee: Joseph E. Flaherty and Mark S. Shephard,
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, and John Vasilakis, Benet
Laboratories.

For information contact:

                 Pam Paslow, Conference Secretary
                 Department of Computer Science