[talk.religion.newage] Artificial Intelligence and Government

peru@soleil.UUCP (Dave Peru) (11/07/88)

Artificial Intelligence and Laughter:

>I am serious.  Many people say to me "you must be joking".  I believe
>humor is the brain's way of unknotting itself.  There are some thoughts
>that will cause your brain to go into an "infinite loop".  For example,
>"have you ever thought about what the brain is doing between thoughts"
>will almost in all cases cause a person to laugh.  The harder you try
>to think about it, the tighter the knot.  At some point, your brain
>implodes, and you burst out laughing.
>
>For 6 years I've been trying to write a program that executes the "how"
>of how we think.  Rather than concentrate on neural networks, thought
>data bases, parallel architecture, self modifying code, or heuristics
>about heuristics, I decided to concentrate on the meaning of meaning.
>
>I believe all thoughts come from experience.  And somehow, meaning comes
>from an infinite recursion, where at some point the brain says "aha".
>Then, the brain somehow creates thoughts from this deep dark place in our
>mind, and then these thoughts get translated into speech.  Or words being
>typed into a computer terminal like the ones you are now reading.  At this
>point, I don't believe consciousness can be simulated on a computer because of
>this infinite recursion concept.  Also, I believe if it was not for real
>experience, we would not be able to communicate at all.  Even if we
>did have consciousness in a machine, how would we be able to communicate?
>
>However, if I'm wrong, any program that executes the "how" of how we think
>must have the ability to laugh.
>
>Infinity is a big concept.

Artificial Intelligence and Intelligence:

>Definition of Intelligenc:
>
>     1. Know how to solve problems.
>
>     2. Know which problems are unsolvable.
>
>     3. Know #1, #2, and #3 defines intelligence.

Four Elements of Knowledge:

1. Things that are true.
2. Things that are false.
3. Things that are both true and false (paradoxes).
4. One other thing ...

I have this intense proof of the source of knowledge.  But I would need a
white-board with black marker, or a black-board with chalk, to show you.

Artificial Intelligence, Quantum Mechanics, and Cosmology:

>The problem with physicists is that they don't know which problems are
>unsolvable.
>
>As time measurement goes to infinity, digital and analog become one.
>
>Most scientists are Objectivists.  Ayn Rand forgot to define the words
>"something" and "nothing".
>
>Something is not nothing.
>Nothing is not something.
>
>This is like M.C. Escher's hand drawing hand.
>
>     From "Song of Myself", Walt Whitman writes:
>
>         "Do I contradict myself?
>          Very well then .... I contradict myself,
>          I am large .... I contain multitudes."
>
>The Big-Bang is the result of a black-hole from another universe.
>
>zero = infinity

How much force would it take to move a black-hole?

From message <7405@dasys1.UUCP> Mr. Baumbach writes:

>When I was 26, I wasn't embarrassed or angered either.  Now that I'm 43
>I know I should have been.

Someone told me I was young and foolish.   It's even worse to be old and
foolish.

The physical laws of the universe are determined by the star that created
it.

(This is for Shannon) Artificial Intelligence and Government:

The Russians are not our greatest threat.  Their cars don't even come with
a five year, fifty thousand mile warrenty. (5/50)

I have an idea for a bomb, it uses the Earth for a detonator, it will take
out most of the nearby stars, the result will be a massive black-hole and
the creation of another universe.  (It may already be built!  NOT by me.)

I also have an idea for an anti-gravity elevator for getting materials
into space.

Although our government uses a different terminology, it is the same in
meaning as England's in the Seventeen Hundreds.

We our governed by inheritors, alcoholics, and drug abusers.

I cannot do physics under these conditions.

Like OIL, "We have to protect our interests" and keep the drug prices low.

I propose a law, The Dave Peru Mandatory Alcohol and Drug Testing of
Senators and Congressmen Act.  (Congressmen should be "Congressperson")

Whatever happened to checks and balances.

The new American Dream: Responsible Government

Albert escaped to America, where will I go?  Maybe the Orient.

Epimenides was from Crete.  Epimenides said, "All Cretans are liars".

Everything I say is a JOKE.

Zai-jian.

jsb@actnyc.UUCP (The Invisible Man) (11/09/88)

In article <478@soleil.UUCP> peru@soleil.UUCP (Dave Peru) writes:
)Someone told me I was young and foolish.   It's even worse to be old and
)foolish.
You only know young-and-foolish first hand.  Wait and you will know both.
Then you can authoritatively tell us which is worse.
)
)Everything I say is a JOKE.
Yeah, but you gotta know how to tell a joke.
--
	"My *OTHER* newssite is a public access Unix system."
				jim (uunet!actnyc!jsb)