[talk.religion.newage] LIGHT OF THE FIRE IS THE SUN....PLATO

kschnitz@puff.UUCP (Kevin Schnitzius) (01/16/90)

in article <12551@cbnewsc.ATT.COM>, jtg@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (Kathy Glomski) says:
> Some of you have written and said you did not understand the
> posting/quote on THE MYSTIC.  Perhaps this is because the mystic
> is seeing several realities at the same time..realities, spaces
> that the ordinary human mind never even stops to consider nor
> conceive of.

Without the use of dangerous recreational drugs, I, with my "ordinary
human mind," can't imagine these other so-called realities at the same time.
I suppose you must have an abnormal mind to see them.  I understand
these alternate spaces are the creation of talented writers of
FICTION.

> I would like to quote something from a book which has a section
> on Plato..here I go again...talk about the upperworld...a space,
> a region, I love so well!  And if you don't understand me, know
> that you are not the first to think so!!!

Understand you?  I understand you are crackpot.

> This is from Pyramid Energy:  The Philosophy of God, The Science
> of Man by Dean and Mary Hardy, Marjorie and Kenneth Killick:
> It is a conversation mentioned on p. 17-19 in this book of Plato
> on the planes of consciousness.  The authors state that, "Plato was
> one of the graduates of the secret school of the pyramid."

> [ Plato text deleted ]

You putz, he is talking about critical thinking and not pseudo-meditational
spiritual crapola.  "An unexamined life is not worth living..."

> (Note:  We regard the path as light or refocused tachion energy)

It must be tough to walk that path -- no good foot holds.  Who exactly
is the "We" in this case?  You and your other personalities like the
one that remembered being tortured in a past life?  Or how about the
one who talks to the little birdies on your window sill?

> For those of you who may sometimes wonder about my postings...let me
> say that sometimes I wonder about myself.  I am a person of many
> moods...and post things as I feel led to do so.

I here that they are doing wonderful things for patients in the areas of
multiple personality disorders and schizophrenia.  And, failing all that
drug therapy, there are also the physical treatment of a frontal lobotomy,
but then again, how could we tell?

If it is a simple case of manic/depression syndrome, one can be treated with
lithium but I fear that this treatment will make net.droolings even more
unintelligible.

>                                                  Beyond that
> I cannot really put it into human language.

Then why waste time and money posting on USENET?  Or maybe you can put it
in some other language like LISP, or some more archaic like gorilla-speak?

I really think that you should get some help -- you show all the signs of
schizophrenic behavior.  There are many treatments available at low cost.
Please, contact your local or state mental health facility.

> Joy,
> Kathy
> att!ihlpe!jtgdba

Cynicism,
--
Kevin Schnitzius                             POSIX is less fun than not.
Uucp: {pur-ee,sun,uflorida!novavax,uunet,mcnc!rti,etc}!gould!kschnitzius

daveh@tekcrl.LABS.TEK.COM (David Hatcher) (01/17/90)

In article <125409@puff.UUCP> kschnitz@puff.UUCP (Kevin Schnitzius) writes:
>in article <12551@cbnewsc.ATT.COM>, jtg@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (Kathy Glomski) says:
>> Some of you have written and said you did not understand the
>> posting/quote on THE MYSTIC.  Perhaps this is because the mystic
>> is seeing several realities at the same time..realities, spaces
>> that the ordinary human mind never even stops to consider nor
>> conceive of.
>
>Without the use of dangerous recreational drugs, I, with my "ordinary
>human mind," can't imagine these other so-called realities at the same time.
>I suppose you must have an abnormal mind to see them.  I understand
>these alternate spaces are the creation of talented writers of
>FICTION.

 Perhaps, because you do not understand what Kathy is talking about,
 what she is saying is just plain over your head. There are a host
 of mystics, saints and holy beings from many, many spiritual traditions
 that have writen and talked about the very thing that Kathy has
 pointed towards in her posting.

 Just because you have not yet awaken to this world yet, does not
 mean that it does not exist, nor that the host of beings who have
 experienced it are all crackpots.

 I make this suggestion because you seem bent on advertising your
 ignorance about the spiritual realm in which the mystic lives.

 Please, just read some literature about this subject. If you have
 a particular spiritual direction that interest you, I am sure there
 is someone here who could recommend a book to read that may cause you
 to understand from where Kathy is pointing in her article.

 If you do not choose to take an avenue in which you are personally
 finding out for yourself, than you will, I am afraid, continue to
 just advertise your ignorance for all the world to see.

	David Hatcher

	 If you would swim in the bosom of the ocean of Truth,
	 you must reduce yourself to a zero.
				Mahatma Gandhi

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (01/17/90)

In article <125409@puff.UUCP> kschnitz@puff.UUCP (Kevin Schnitzius) writes:
>in article <12551@cbnewsc.ATT.COM>, jtg@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (Kathy Glomski) says:
>> Some of you have written and said you did not understand the
>> posting/quote on THE MYSTIC.  Perhaps this is because the mystic
>> is seeing several realities at the same time..realities, spaces
>> that the ordinary human mind never even stops to consider nor
>> conceive of.
>
>Without the use of dangerous recreational drugs, I, with my "ordinary
>human mind," can't imagine these other so-called realities at the same time.
>I suppose you must have an abnormal mind to see them.  I understand
>these alternate spaces are the creation of talented writers of
>FICTION.

Kevin, you are obviously a soul whose heart has been scarred.

People, let's all burn a black candle with a white core to cleanse
the foul humors from Kevin.

--
Mr. Phlogisteron

pa1412@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (pa1412) (01/17/90)

In article <125409@puff.UUCP> kschnitz@puff.UUCP (Kevin Schnitzius) writes:

>Without the use of dangerous recreational drugs, I, with my "ordinary
>human mind," can't imagine these other so-called realities at the same time.

You seem to indicate the only valid use of the mind is to
deduce meta-fact upon meta-fact via Aristotelian Logic. You discount
any alternative sources of 'knowledge, i.e.  some native american
groups value alternative methods of obtaining 'knowledge' by use
of 'drugs'.

In a fundamental sense what more than knowing how to obtain food,
shelter, and procreate is required for survival of the race?
What makes the deductive process used by the western world superior?
Because we sent a man TO the moon rather than drew it down
spiritually? It is true that the 'unexamined' life is of less value
to some people. But a modern question is "what are the tools for
examination?". God at one time was chaotic, ruled by caprice, then
the diety became orderly(for the west) and rational, now maybe the
omnipotent one is becoming chaotic again.

>You putz, he is talking about critical thinking and not pseudo-meditational
>spiritual crapola.  "An unexamined life is not worth living..."

Yes, well some of us did not have the benefit of being there as you
were. I cann't really say tha Plato had absolutely no religious
beliefs. But he does advocate examining whatever believes one has
to assure oneself of the validity of one's beliefs. Clearly you
have examined the rationalism that you espouse and have found it to
be the only valid way of thinking for you.

Of course if it was obvious to one and all what Plato was saying we
would not have 2500 years of different schools of though that trace
their origins to Plato. I do not know what Plato's religious beliefs
were. And I don't think anyone has any more than a stack of
suppositions. Clearly he advocated that whatever your belief system
was that it should be examined. The question that might be directed
to you is "Is the rationalistic system developed in the west the
only valid path to knowledge of the universe?". I think not.

>Cynicism,

There is a difference between a Cynic and an Assassin. A cynic is a
little dog who yips at the heals of the 'learned'. An assassin wishes
to distroy the target. You have done neither. The charge of mental
imbalance does not lessen the impact of the statements. If you have
ever encountered a 'schizo' you would've been impressed by some of
the most direct and true statements about society and even your self
personally. (in some cases) The main problem of these people is not
their 'view' of the world but how they deal with it on a day to day
basis. The Christians have the view that the world is being torn to
shreds by the forces of EVIL. That is a fairly psychotic statement
i.e. the only reason for this forces is the Christian's belief,
there is no externally available device that measures EVIL (unless
your a Scientologist). And look at the X-ian's response to this evil
persecution, self-abuse, and inordinate rituals of cleansing.
Does this suggest a rational mind at work. But we live with these
people and put up with their outburst. Some of us, me in particular,
examine what they have to say. I, however, cann't say I believe much
of what they say is right for me.
--
John Clark
jclark@ucsd.edu

ptgarvin@uokmax.uucp (Patrick T. Garvin) (01/17/90)

In article <125409@puff.UUCP> kschnitz@puff.UUCP (Kevin Schnitzius) writes:
>in article <12551@cbnewsc.ATT.COM>, jtg@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (Kathy Glomski) says:

[invective deleted]

Please get, in any particular order:  a clue, a brain, and a life.

>Kevin Schnitzius                             POSIX is less fun than not.

--
"Sometimes, even a blind pig finds an acorn." -- stolen from STella
ptgarvin@aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu / ptgarvin@uokmax.UUCP | Eris loves you.

In article <5406@tekcrl.LABS.TEK.COM> daveh@tekcrl.LABS.TEK.COM (David Hatcher) writes:
>In article <125409@puff.UUCP> kschnitz@puff.UUCP (Kevin Schnitzius) writes:
>>in article <12551@cbnewsc.ATT.COM>, jtg@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (Kathy Glomski) says:
>>> Some of you have written and said you did not understand the
>>> posting/quote on THE MYSTIC.  Perhaps this is because the mystic
>>> is seeing several realities at the same time..realities, spaces
>>> that the ordinary human mind never even stops to consider nor
>>> conceive of.
>>
>>Without the use of dangerous recreational drugs, I, with my "ordinary
>>human mind," can't imagine these other so-called realities at the same time.
>>I suppose you must have an abnormal mind to see them.  I understand
>>these alternate spaces are the creation of talented writers of
>>FICTION.
>
> Perhaps, because you do not understand what Kathy is talking about,

Spud, it doesn't appear that even Kathy knows what Kathy is talking
about. Perhaps you could do her a favour and check to see if
she has been making her own rye bread. Maybe there are little
black things in the rye flour ? Is your arm turning cold and
black, Kathy?

I believe, David and Kathym the technical term for what you
people are is ``fruit loops''.

Now, no doubt I have a scarred heart. I'd better go light a
black candle with a white core to cleanse the foul humors
from my soul.

I'd better have a case of those motherfuckers, huh ?

bondc@spdcc.COM (Asmodeus) (01/17/90)

In article <24843@gryphon.COM> richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:

>In article <5406@tekcrl.LABS.TEK.COM> daveh@tekcrl.LABS.TEK.COM (David Hatcher) writes:

>> Perhaps, because you do not understand what Kathy is talking about,

Hmmm ... no doubt we would if we, like you, had Associate
degrees from that Pyramid School, right?  Where do you get
application forms?  How much is tuition?  Do they have a
placement service for graduates?  (Sorry to ask all these
questions, but I lost my matchbook cover with the Pyramid
School ad on it.)

Just maximizing my options here, understand.

>I believe, David and Kathym the technical term for what you
>people are is ``fruit loops''.

Fruit loops.  Pyramids.  Now what was that ... oh yeah.

About a year or so ago there was this guy on t.r.n who
posted about how his wife was going to divorce him (am I
ringing any bells yet?) because his basement stank of
rotten bananas (you remember him?) because he'd been
making all these pyramids himself and putting bananas
underneath them and for some weird (not to mention
MYSTIC) reason they were going bad and smelling the
place up (though they probably didn't smell quite so
bad on another simultaneous plane, right?)

Placed him yet?

Anyway, he didn't want his wife to leave him, so he
wanted to know where he could get quality pyramids
(you know, the kind that worked right) so the bananas
wouldn't rot.  (See, if the pyramids worked, then he
could put them up all over his basement and put bananas
under each one and they wouldn't stink.  Bingo, no stink,
no divorce, get it?)

Did he ever get those quality pyramids?

Just a bit concerned ...

--
"It is not possible to convey sarcasm to certain members of the
 net without using a 2x4.  The smiley face merely reminds them