[rec.games.empire] empire: which is which?

ins_bjjb@jhunix.UUCP (Jared J Brennan) (11/10/87)

In article <1806@rayssdb.RAY.COM> ejc@rayssdb.RAY.COM (Edward J. Casey) writes:
>2-  Is the Interstel Corp version of Empire the only authorized
>version of the game now?  What about the Empire that Electronic Arts
>has?  Computer Creations' ad on page 67 of the Fall 87 issue of
>START has it listed for $39.  S.D. of A. sells it for $33.  Neither
>has the Interstel Corp (Bright) version.  Is Electronic Arts in the

   The summary line says it all . . . Electronic Arts is distributing for
Interstel.  $33?  Rats . . . I paid $38.  Oh, well . . .

   The ST version of Bright's Empire is very fast and I like its
extensions to the original.  Unfortunately, the color screen on the ST burns
out my eyes faster than any of the minicomputer terminals ever did . . .

   One question for Mr. Bright (assuming he reads this):  Is the PC version of
Empire out yet?  The local software stores have all bull$#!++ed me about it . .

--
Jared J. Brennan
BITNET: INS_BJJB@JHUVMS, INS_BJJB@JHUNIX

bright@dataio.Data-IO.COM (Walter Bright) (11/10/87)

In article <5431@jhunix.UUCP> ins_bjjb@jhunix.UUCP (Jared J Brennan) writes:
>   One question for Mr. Bright (assuming he reads this):  Is the PC version of
>Empire out yet?  The local software stores have all bull$#!++ed me about it . .

Interstel is handling all further development, including the IBM PC version.
I don't know what the current status of the PC version is.

rmpinchback@watmath.UUCP (12/01/87)

The PC version of Empire is a public domain program.  It can be found on
dozens of PC-oriented bulletin boards.  Recently, Empire 2 came out as well.
I haven't tried it yet, so I can't comment on the differences.

	Reid
 	----