[comp.laser-printers] LaserWriter + Fontnames?

billc@SUN.COM (Bill Courington) (04/21/87)

Anyone know the precise names of the added fonts in the
LaserWriter Plus?  I stumbled across Palatino-Roman by
trial and error, but can't type the right incantation
(in PostScript) for Bookman, New Century Schoolbook,
and the others.

Thanks.

phil@trlamct.OZ.AU (Phil Nicholson) (05/01/87)

In article <8704221554.AA11497@brillig.umd.edu>, billc@SUN.COM (Bill Courington)
 writes:
> Anyone know the precise names of the added fonts in the
> LaserWriter Plus?  I stumbled across Palatino-Roman by
> trial and error, but can't type the right incantation
> (in PostScript) for Bookman, New Century Schoolbook,
> and the others.

Yes, I don't like your chances of stumbling across the rest by trial and error.

Here they are:
Courier Courier-Bold Courier-Oblique Courier-BoldOblique Times-Roman Times-Bold
Times-Italic Times-BoldItalic Helvetica Helvetica-Bold Helvetica-Oblique
Helvetica-BoldOblique Symbol Helvetica-Narrow Helvetica-Narrow-Bold
Helvetica-Narrow-Oblique Helvetica-Narrow-BoldOblique AvantGarde-Book
AvantGarde-Demi AvantGarde-BookOblique AvantGarde-DemiOblique Bookman-Light
Bookman-Demi Bookman-LightItalic Bookman-DemiItalic NewCenturySchlbk-Roman
NewCenturySchlbk-Bold NewCenturySchlbk-Italic NewCenturySchlbk-BoldItalic
Palatino-Roman Palatino-Bold Palatino-Italic Palatino-BoldItalic
ZapfChancery-MediumItalic ZapfDingbats

--
Phillip Nicholson,                      ACSNET: phil@trlamct.oz
Telecom Australia Research Laboratories.

(Postmaster:- This mail has been acknowledged.)