[comp.laser-printers] Prices for new ROM's

mike@pyrdc.UUCP.UUCP (10/08/87)

In article <8710072055.AA16043@brillig.umd.edu>, kateley@apple.UUCP (Jim Kateley) writes:

> munch...
>
> Apple is currently shipping all Laserwriters and Laserwriter pluses
> with Rev 47 ROMs.  There is an upgrade kit available for existing
> Laserwriter plus owners, and Laserwriter owners can upgrade by
> buying a Laserwriter plus upgrade kit.
> There was a mailing to all the dealers in sep. that explains
> the upgrade.

The Laserwriter Plus upgrade kit is the same as the laserwriter upgrade kit.
It is available for $899.00 minus a $550.00 rebate for when you return your
old roms. They couldn't say how you would get the 550 back or how quick it
would be returned. They don't have a kit that has the roms only for $349.
This makes me nervous as to the chance of not seeing $550 of my money for
quite a while.

--
      -m-------  Mike Whitman		Phone : (703)848-2050
    ---mmm-----  Pyramid Technology     Fax   : (703)848-4995