[comp.laser-printers] Recharging ?

sheinfel@ENIAC.SEAS.UPENN.EDU (Aviad Sheinfeld) (09/21/89)

Hi.

I work with several HP and Apple laser printers and I've been thinking about
having my toner cartridges reconditioned instead of buying new ones all the
time.  Does anyone have any suggestions or comments?  What do I look for in
a reconditioning company?  What do I watch out for?  How much should it cost?
What type of guarantee can I expect?  Will I have problems with my laser
printers' warranties?  What are the risks?  How about colors?  Would local
companies be better than mail order?  What kinds of problems are there with
disposing of my cartridges?

Any comments and remarks are immensely appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Aviad Sheinfeld
sheinfel@eniac.seas.upenn.edu

greene@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (Donna Greene) (10/07/89)

In article <8910051545.AA01175@crayola.cs.UMD.EDU> sheinfel@ENIAC.SEAS.UPENN.EDU (Aviad  Sheinfeld) writes:
>..toner cartridges reconditioned instead of buying new ones all the
>time.  Does anyone have any suggestions or comments?

I feel that re-manufacturing your laser printer cartridges
is a great idea,  and my company does, too!  We use re-manufactured
cartridges plant-wide for all of our laser printers.

I've been told that you do NOT void your warrenty if you use
re-furbished cartridges, but you can damage your printer if the company
doesn't know what they're doing.   Ask for references!!!!!

I've been very impressed with the quality of remanufactured cartridges.  I
recommend Southern Cartridge Service, 1-800-442-6288.
They do business world wide, they're professional, and they guarantee
their work.

You can expect the cost to run approx. $42. per cartridge.
They also sell new cartriges and buy your empties!

                               Donna Greene 803-739-7384