[comp.laser-printers] Scoring of the drum on a HP Series II

zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.US (Jon Zeeff) (10/12/89)

I've had problems with the green drum getting scored on 3 different HP
Series II printers.  After this happens, you get gray or black streaks
running vertically on the paper.

This happens so consistantly that I can't believe that others don't have the
same problem.  Perhaps there is some grit in the paper we are using?

There may be some correlation to running continously for a long time.

--
Branch Technology                  |  zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us

liberato@drivax.UUCP (Jimmy Liberato) (10/14/89)

zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.US (Jon Zeeff) writes:

>I've had problems with the green drum getting scored on 3 different HP
>Series II printers...
>...Perhaps there is some grit in the paper we are using?

See if someone around there has the Sept issue of Computer Shopper.
There is an interesting article which contends that those particular
cartridges have toner intentionally laced with an abrasive which will
score the drum just enough so that refilling is not feasible.  Hence
you have to buy a new one.  Get it?  Apparently this is a recent
phenomenon and other than the above mentioned article I know of no
other corroborating evidence other than your comment.  The author
went so far as to recommend getting your new cartidges refilled
before even using them!

Has this been discussed here?  Comments, anyone?

--
Jimmy Liberato   ...!amdahl!drivax!liberato

"...I turn to my computer       | I press Execute...
 And spend my evenings with it  | `Hello, I know that you've been feeling tired,
 Like a friend.                 | I bring you love and deeper understanding.
 I was loading a new program    | Hello, I know that you're unhappy,
 I had ordered from a magazine. | I bring you love and deeper understanding.'"

                                   KATE BUSH, from the album _The_Sensual_World_

liberato@drivax.UUCP (Jimmy Liberato) (10/16/89)

liberato@drivax.UUCP (Jimmy Liberato) writes:

>See if someone around there has the Sept issue of Computer Shopper.

Hey you, don't you mean the *August* issue.

--
Jimmy Liberato   ...!amdahl!drivax!liberato
     "My life is conventional and uneventful.  It allows me to think with