[comp.laser-printers] printing on the right stuff?

shore@epiwrl.EPI.COM (John Shore) (10/12/89)

No doubt this subject gets asked umpteen times /year, but...

If any of you know of paper that is well-suited for printing
camera-ready copy on laser-printers, please let me know.  Thanks.

John Shore

shore@wrl.epi.com
...uunet!wrl.epi.com!shore

js

WANCHO@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL ("Frank J. Wancho") (10/13/89)

John,

I use Hammermill Laser Print paper.  Best price I've seen is $48/case
plus shipping from Laser's Edge (800-635-8088), but that was a Summer
Special.  Still worth a call.

A case of Laser Print paper is 4,000 sheets (eight 500-sheet reams),
not 5,000.

--Frank

[[Editor's note:  In a separate message,
harald%lemon.uucp@ucsd.edu(Ommang, Harald) says:

	"I do not know about camera ready copy, but I use Hammermill
	Laser Plus, and I think it's a very good paper for my Laserjet II."

and jwi@cbnewsj.ATT.COM (Jim Winer @ AT&T, Middletown, NJ) says:

	"I use Hammermil Laser Plus (with wax holdout) or Laser Print (for 2
	sided).  Almost every paper manufacturer makes a special paper for
	this purpose.  It has a smoother surface by about two orders of
	magnitude.

	"Under a microscoe, a regular paper looks like a pile of logs with tar
	spilled all over them.  The smooth papers look like a pile of pick-up
	sticks with oil spilled over them.  Probably about a 3 times better
	edge resolution -- maybe more."
]

jfadams@tc.fluke.COM (Jim Adams) (10/14/89)

In article <8910121604.AA14292@crayola.cs.UMD.EDU> shore@epiwrl.EPI.COM (John Shore) writes:

>If any of you know of paper that is well-suited for printing
>camera-ready copy on laser-printers, please let me know.  Thanks.
>
>shore@wrl.epi.com

Hammermill Laser Plus
Dello Opaque English Finish

to name two.

-- Jim Adams

--
James F. Adams       John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.        Everett, Washington USA
WORLD:jfadams@tc.fluke.COM

yost@esquire.UUCP (David A. Yost) (10/23/89)

In article <8910201446.AA11083@crayola.cs.UMD.EDU> jfadams@tc.fluke.COM (Jim Adams) writes:
>If any of you know of paper that is well-suited for printing
>camera-ready copy on laser-printers, please let me know.  Thanks.

"Hammermill Xero/Lasercopy" is a wonderful,
smooth, bright, two-sided sheet available
(only?) on the west coast.  (Hammermill has
different product lines for the east and west.)

 --dave yost