[comp.laser-printers] Aldus Streamline to Solve Interleaf to Imagen Problem

charly@altos86.Altos.COM (Charly Rhoades) (11/30/89)

Have any net.people out there used Aldus Streamline?  We are considering
using this package to turn a scanned (bit-mapped) image file into a
PostScript file.

(We scan with Xerox/Datacopy's PC Image, make-up with Interleaf Publisher,
and output to an Imagen 3320.)

It is our hope that we can scan existing line art with PC Image,
turn the resulting TIF file into a PostScript file with
Streamline, load the Streamlined image file into our Interleaf text document.
and have the document print on our Imagen in something *less* than the 30 to
60 minutes currently required for some moderately complex graphics files!!

If nobody has experience with Streamline, has anyone dealt with the above
Interleaf-to-Imagen problem in another way??

Thanks ...

Charly Rhoades                             Altos Computer Systems - San Jose, CA
                                        {amdahl|sun|pyramid|uunet}!altos!charly
If you know you have an unpleasant nature
and dislike people, this is no obstacle to work.                   J. G. Bennett

From: charly%altos86.Altos.COM@vicom.com (Charly Rhoades)
Subject: NOT Aldus Streamline, but Adobe Streamline
Date: 29 Nov 89 22:07:21 GMT

My previous posting misidentifies Streamline as an Aldus package;
it is made by Adobe.  Sorry

Charly