[comp.laser-printers] Postscript devices for HP laserjet II

tom@litle.com (Tom Hampton) (12/11/89)

HP seems to have a little card you plug into a
laserjet II to make it into a Postscript device.
Sounds great to  me.  Has anyone had any success with this?

Tom (tom@litle.com)

jeff@WUBIOS.WUSTL.EDU (Jeff Gabel) (12/29/89)

In article <8912262205.AA05543@crayola.cs.UMD.EDU> tom@litle.com (Tom Hampton) writes:

>HP seems to have a little card you plug into a
>laserjet II to make it into a Postscript device.

HP probably does, but we purchased a cartridge from Pacific Data Products
called PacificPage. Ours is compatiable with "IBM and IBM compatible
computers", although I'm pretty sure they offer it for other platforms
as well. The catch is, is that one needs at least 2.5 Mbytes of resident
printer memory.  BTW, Pacific sells memory upgrade boards in a variety of
flavors, as well as several other types LaserJet II cartridges.

>Sounds great to  me.  Has anyone had any success with this?

Don't know if it yet, we were waiting until after the first of the year
to order a memory upgrade  :-(

For more info. contact:
Pacific Data Products
(619) 552-0880
FAX (619) 552-0889

Disclaimer: I'm neither an employee of Pacific Data or an endorser of their
products.

Hope this helps,

Jeff Gabel
jeff@wubios.wustl.edu  ``or'' ...!uunet!{wuarchive,wugate,wucs1}!wubios!jeff

--
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
   Jeff Gabel, Biostatistics, Box 8067, Washington U., St.Loius, MO  63110

nvk@ddsw1.mcs.com (Norman Kohn) (01/05/90)

In article <8912262205.AA05543@crayola.cs.UMD.EDU> tom@litle.com (Tom Hampton) writes:

>HP seems to have a little card you plug into a
>laserjet II to make it into a Postscript device.

How about Pacific Data's device that plugs into the font cartridge
slot?  It looks cheaper and more straightforward... (but has anyone
used it...?)

--
Norman Kohn   		| ...ddsw1!nvk
Chicago, Il.		| days/ans svc: (312) 650-6840