[comp.laser-printers] HP LaserJet IIP driver for WordPerfect 5.0

b12958@ihlpl.att.com (Peter F Schultz) (03/25/91)

I'm looking for a printer driver for WordPerfect 5.0 for an HP
LaserJet IIP.  The driver now being used is the one for the Series II
printer but it does not include any italic fonts, only the half dozen
fonts that come with the Series II.  The IIP has 34 (35?) internal fonts
that I assume should be easily usable from WP 5.0.. Dows
WordPerfect have a bbs that may allow me to get my hands on the
right driver?  Or, if anyone has such a thing, could you send me a
copy of it?

Thanks very much

Pete Schultz
AT&T Bell Laboratories
att!ihlpl!b12958
    or
att!cbnewsc!b12958

smfedor@SOLAR.LERC.NASA.GOV (Gregory Fedor) (03/30/91)

In article <9103281731.AA04781@crayola.cs.UMD.EDU> b12958@ihlpl.att.com (Peter F Schultz) writes:
>I'm looking for a printer driver for WordPerfect 5.0 for an HP
>LaserJet IIP.  The driver now being used is the one for the Series II
>printer but it does not include any italic fonts, only the half dozen
>fonts that come with the Series II.  The IIP has 34 (35?) internal fonts
>that I assume should be easily usable from WP 5.0.. Dows
>WordPerfect have a bbs that may allow me to get my hands on the
>right driver?  Or, if anyone has such a thing, could you send me a
>copy of it?

WordPerfect Corp. doesn't have a bbs you can just call, but they do update
all their drivers on Compu$erve so if you have access there, that would be
a good place.  Second, if you call the WP support line they will gladly send
you a disk with the driver you need (maybe free of charge? I think I remember
that).

Good luck
Gregory A. Fedor		| Far from day, far from light    \
Sverdrup Technology Inc.	| Out of time, out of sight        \
NASA Lewis Research Center	| To a world, young and free        \\-^-/___
Cleveland, Ohio  44135-3191	| Weep no more, follow me         |===[o]/  #o
(216) 433-8468			|                                    /VVV
smfedor@lerc01.lerc.nasa.gov	| Forever...Forever...Forever       /
(128.156.10.14)			|                               Voyagers 1 & 2

mah@uncecs.edu (Mike Honeycutt) (04/09/91)

WordPerfect does have a BBS they maintain
in addition to CompuServe.  The number is
(801)225-4414.  Access is free except for
the phone call.  They have printer drivers
on-line and also answer questions.

Mike Honeycutt  UNC Asheville Computer Center  mah@ecsvax.uncecs.edu

huffstatler@esvax.hamavnet.com (04/10/91)

In article <9104021822.AA17760@crayola.cs.UMD.EDU>, smfedor@SOLAR.LERC.NASA.GOV (Gregory Fedor) writes:
> In article <9103281731.AA04781@crayola.cs.UMD.EDU> b12958@ihlpl.att.com (Peter F Schultz) writes:
>>I'm looking for a printer driver for WordPerfect 5.0 for an HP

>>WordPerfect have a bbs that may allow me to get my hands on the
>>right driver?  Or, if anyone has such a thing, could you send me a
>>copy of it?
>
> WordPerfect Corp. doesn't have a bbs you can just call, but they do update
>
> Good luck
> --
> Gregory A. Fedor		| Far from day, far from light    \

  YES, WordPerfect -DOES- have a BBS that has the updated drivers. I believe
that it is available to all registered users. I've used it a couple of times to
get updated print drivers. The number is (801)225-4414

Mike Huffstatler                        *All opinions expressed are my own*
Avnet Computer, Culver City,CA