[comp.laser-printers] Using Soft Fonts in WordPerfect

u-mwong%peruvian@HELLGATE.UTAH.EDU (Michael Wong) (03/30/91)

   How do I go about using soft fonts for my HP Laserjet II in WordPerfect?
I'd like to use certain soft fonts that I'd like to use on a paper, but I'm
not sure where to start.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Mike
----------
Michael Wong
u-mwong@peruvian.utah.edu
University of Utah

lsh@polari.UUCP (04/05/91)

In article <9104021822.AA17780@crayola.cs.UMD.EDU> u-mwong%peruvian@HELLGATE.UTAH.EDU (Michael Wong) writes:
>   How do I go about using soft fonts for my HP Laserjet II in WordPerfect?
>I'd like to use certain soft fonts that I'd like to use on a paper, but I'm
>not sure where to start.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

One place to start is the Bitstream starter kit, which used to be
available for about $30 through WordPerfect.  It has the Bitstream
font install kit plus Bitstream Charter, Dutch and Swiss (Times and
Helvetica styles, respectively) and will allow you to install other
typestyles.  Lots of other people make soft fonts, including HP.

--
------- ======= ------- ======= ------- ======= ------- ======= ------- =======
                  uw-beaver!sumax!seattle!lsh -- lsh@seattle

mebrenna@VELA.ACS.OAKLAND.EDU (Leonardo) (04/09/91)

A really nice way to get softfonts for the Laser Jet series is to
order Facelift for Word Perfect.  It has the same fonts as the
Bitstream starter kit, but SCALABLE, plus five more scalable fancier
fonts.  It works very well, it is quicker then bitstream, and faster,
installing and downloading.

Good luck

Michael E. Brennan                        | Office Automation, Software Support
mebrenna@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Internet)  |   Phone 313-370-4560
mebrennan@argo.acs.oakland.edu            |   Campus Network Support
michael@oasis.oa.oakland.edu (Novell)     |   Computer & Systems Engin

shwake@raysnec.UUCP (Ray Shwake) (04/10/91)

lsh@polari.UUCP writes:

>One place to start is the Bitstream starter kit, which used to be
>available for about $30 through WordPerfect.  It has the Bitstream
>font install kit plus Bitstream Charter, Dutch and Swiss (Times and
>Helvetica styles, respectively) and will allow you to install other
>typestyles.  Lots of other people make soft fonts, including HP.

	Word Perfect's first Bitstream offering was gratis, the second -
for Bitstream 3.0 - cost $10. Hewlett Packard last year offered *their*
soft font starter set - Type Director - for $39.95. It's advantage over
the Bitstream is that it supports *multiple* applications, including
Windows 3.0, Microsoft Word, Word Perfect, maybe a few others.

uunet!media!ka3ovk!raysnec!shwake				shwake@rsxtech

gwni@UHURA.CC.ROCHESTER.EDU (G. Wayne Nichols) (04/11/91)

Atech's Publisher's Powerpak for Wordperfect is also good for scalable fonts,
for all sorts of lasers, ink jets, and dot matrix printers.
Cheap, too (discount: about $50).  Works well.

PC Magazine didn't like their product for Windows, though.