[comp.laser-printers] Panasonic printers

pm2@doc.ic.ac.uk (05/03/91)

Hi,

Can anyone who knows a great deal about Panasonic Laser Printers
(particularly model KXP4420) please contact me by e-mail at :
pm2@doc.ic.ac.uk

Urgent help needed.

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

news@PASTEUR.BERKELEY.EDU (Six o'clock News) (05/05/91)

From: stevena@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Steven Alexander)

Apropos of this, I'd like to check out what more than one dealer
has told me recently.

They claimed that they no longer sell the Panasonic 4420 laser printer
because too many of them were "dead-on-arrival", and while Panasonic
made good on them, this (1) didn't make the dealers' customers happy
and (2) made them doubt their mean time between failures.

These dealers are each now pushing the Oki 400 laser[-equivalent]
printer, which is in the same price range (actually notably lower)
but half the speed.

Does anyone know about this supposed problem?
Steven Alexander