[comp.laser-printers] Postscript -- Help!

andreap@ms.uky.edu (05/03/91)

Several of the offices we support are purchasing Postscript cards for their
HP LaserJet II, III, and IIp.  Our offices all use a
standard set of software, which includes WordPerfect (No problem using
Postscript), PCFile III, Quattro/Quattro Pro, and several other text output
programs.  How can we print from all of these programs to our lasers without
having to constantly plug the Postscript card in and out?  HP says the cards
are not switchable.

Please reply to my e-mail account as I do not subscribe to this group.
---------------
Harold G. Peach, Jr.                          Internet:  hgpeach@ca.uky.edu
252 Ag. Engineering Bldg., U.Ky.       Packet Radio:  N4FLZ@KF4NB.KY.USA.NA
Lexington, KY  40546-0276                            Phone:  (606) 257-3335

francis@ircam.fr (Joseph Francis) (05/06/91)

In article <9105031718.AA15752@crayola.cs.UMD.EDU> andreap@ms.uky.edu writes:
>Several of the offices we support are purchasing Postscript cards for their
>HP LaserJet II, III, and IIp.  Our offices all use a
>standard set of software, which includes WordPerfect (No problem using
>Postscript), PCFile III, Quattro/Quattro Pro, and several other text output
>programs.  How can we print from all of these programs to our lasers without
>having to constantly plug the Postscript card in and out?  HP says the cards
>are not switchable.

rather unfortunate; I use a IIp at home with a cheapo Pacific Data
cartridge, and to switch between postscript and PCL directly one
either sends and escape sequence to the printer or presses the MENU+FF
buttons offline for a toggle. I never read anyone talking about the
Pacific Data cartridge, but really, to get a $1300 postscript printer
(HPIIp + memory + Cartridge).  I'll accept 4ppm.