[rec.arts.drwho] Digitized version of Dr. Who Theme

parnes@eniac.seas.upenn.edu ( Parnes Gary) (02/28/89)

Does anyone out there have a digitized version (Soundcap file) of the
Dr. Who theme for the Macintosh?

Please respond to: parnes@eniac.seas.upenn.edu

						Thanks!
						Gary Parnes
						U of Penn
"There can be only one..."

jcocon@hubcap.clemson.edu (James C O'Connor III, 2846) (02/28/89)

From article <8413@netnews.upenn.edu>, by parnes@eniac.seas.upenn.edu ( Parnes Gary):
> Does anyone out there have a digitized version (Soundcap file) of the
> Dr. Who theme for the Macintosh?
>
> Please respond to: parnes@eniac.seas.upenn.edu
>
> 						Thanks!
> 						Gary Parnes
> 						U of Penn
me too please.
 Jim O'Connor

vogelw@bionette.CS.ORST.EDU (Walter Vogel - Biochem) (03/01/89)

In article <8413@netnews.upenn.edu> parnes@eniac.seas.upenn.edu.UUCP ( Parnes Gary) writes:
>Does anyone out there have a digitized version (Soundcap file) of the
>Dr. Who theme for the Macintosh?
>
>Please respond to: parnes@eniac.seas.upenn.edu

I would also be peased to receive a copy of this file if it is available,
Thank you,
send to: vogelw@bionette.ucs.orst.edu

stuartb@microsoft.UUCP (Stuart Burden) (03/02/89)

( Parnes Gary) writes:
   | Does anyone out there have a digitized version (Soundcap file) of the
   | Dr. Who theme for the Macintosh?

Well.  I've been wanting this for sometime myself, so I digitised the theme
last night (start of a new series, so got the TARDIS materialising as
well).  The problem is the size.  In it's data state, it's 1.1 megs
in size at 22khz!!.  In a Stuffed state, it is 991K in size, and when
binhexed it is 1.4 megs in size!.

This makes it totally impractical to send it over e-mail to anyone (I still
haven't managed to split the beast yet.. QUED/M failed me.. even with
5 megs to play with).  What I propose, is that if you are interested
in this sound, send me some e-mail with a postal address and when I get
it diskable, I'll drop it onto a couple of 800K floppies and mail them (as
long as this doesn't prove to be too expensive).

Stu.

__Paths to my door:_______________________
microsoft!stuartb@beaver.cs.washington.edu  -   Usual disclaimer, that all
microsoft!stuartb@uw-beaver.arpa            -   the above is pure fantasy
microsoft!stuartb@uunet.UU.NET              -       and Microsoft only
[DE01HB]stuartb@DASNET#   {from AppleLink}  -    gave me the Mountain Dew
stuartb@microsoft.uucp    {well connected}  -      to dream it all in a
D2012 {@applelink.apple.com - shared acct}  -        caffeine haze :-)

bmug@garnet.berkeley.edu (BMUG) (03/03/89)

In article <780@microsoft.UUCP> stuartb@microsoft.UUCP (Stuart Burden) writes:
>In article <8413@netnews.upenn.edu> parnes@eniac.seas.upenn.edu.UUCP
>( Parnes Gary) writes:
>   | Does anyone out there have a digitized version (Soundcap file) of the
>   | Dr. Who theme for the Macintosh?
>
>Well.  I've been wanting this for sometime myself, so I digitised the theme
>last night (start of a new series, so got the TARDIS materialising as
>well).  The problem is the size.  In it's data state, it's 1.1 megs
>in size at 22khz!!.  In a Stuffed state, it is 991K in size, and when
>binhexed it is 1.4 megs in size!.
>
>This makes it totally impractical to send it over e-mail to anyone (I still
>haven't managed to split the beast yet.. QUED/M failed me.. even with
>5 megs to play with).  What I propose, is that if you are interested
>in this sound, send me some e-mail with a postal address and when I get
>it diskable, I'll drop it onto a couple of 800K floppies and mail them (as
>long as this doesn't prove to be too expensive).
>
>Stu.

Stu,

If you want to split the file over two (or several) disks, StuffIt has
an option to do just this (I've used it often on some LARGE database
data files, and have never experienced corruption).  That should make
it easy to get the thing into a manageable form for either email or
diskmail.  There are other utilities on the market which do the same
thing, but they're not as standard as StuffIt.

Hope this helps!

John Heckendorn
                                                             /\
BMUG                      ARPA: bmug@garnet.berkeley.EDU    A__A
1442A Walnut St., #62     BITNET: bmug@ucbgarnet            |()|
Berkeley, CA  94709                                         |  |
(415) 549-2684                                              |  |