[comp.sources.atari.st] v00INF1: Welcome to comp.sources.atari.st

atari-sources-request@imagen.UUCP (03/02/87)

Submitted by: turner (D'arc Angel)
Comp.sources.atari.st: Volume 0, Info 1
Archive-name: welcome

Welcome to comp.sys.atari.st! This newsgroup is for the posting of
sources and documentation for the Atari ST line of computers. To
submit sources, binaries and/or documentation, send them to:

{sun,decwrl,ucbvax}!imagen!atari-sources

If you are submitting sources, please specify the compiler/assembler under
which it was compiled; for both sources and binaries please specify what
resolution(s) in which the program will run and some documentation as to
what the program does and how to use it.

Sources will be posted with a subject line of the following format:

Subject: Vxxannnn typ:res:form short description

Where:
	xx    - is a 2 digit volume number
	annnn - is a letter followed by 4 digits which will uniquely
		identify the posting for online retrival

	typ   - the type of compiler/assembler used to compile the program:
		doc - documentation only, no sources
		mwc - Marc Williams C
		mmc - Megamax C
		drc - DRI (alcyon) C
		tdi - TDI Modula-2
		bas - Atari basic
		ltc - Lattice C
		dra - DRI (Alcyon) assembler
		pps - Personal Pascal
	res   - resolution(s) under which this will run:
		b&w - high resolution only
		med - medium resolution color only
		low - low resolution color only
		col - both med and low
		all - all resolutions
	form  - one or more of the following seperated by semi-colons ';'
		these fields describe the order of programs that must
		be used to 'unpack' the posting:
		asc - ascii file, no unpacking necessary
		uue - use Dumas's uudecode (or Un*x uudecode)
		arc - use arc
		shr - use shar

For Example the subject line:

V01a0001 mwc:col:uue;arc desk acc to change screen color

would be a C program compilable under Marc Williams C which runs in all
color resolutions; to 'unpack' it, the user would first use uudecode to
generate an arc file, then use arc to extract the program, rsc files,
documentation etc.

The idea behind the rather complex subject line is 2 fold; first you can
see at a glance if the posting is usable on your system and second with
a little work you can write a program which parses the subject line and
unpacks the posting automatically.

All programs posted will be compiled and tested before they are posted.

There will be a facility for retrival of postings via email analogous to
the BITNET online retrival system, more on that as soon as I get it working.

I'm sure that I've left out some compiler types or haven't covered everything,
so feel free to send me email.

I think i've gone on long enough, send me some programs !!!

Subject:  v00INF2:  Welcome to comp.sources.atari.st
Newsgroups: comp.sources.atari.st

Submitted by:
Comp.sources.atari.st: Volume 0, Info 2