[aus.mac] MacsBug loading problem

grants@usage.csd.unsw.oz (Grant Sayer) (01/19/89)

	Could anyone offer suggestions as to why macsbug will not load on the
following configuration:
	Mac II
	Turbo Pascal 1.1
	System 6.02
	Finder 6.1
The MacsBug is located in the system folder.  At power up the message 'MacsBug loaded' fails to appear below the usual 'Welcome to Macintosh' greeting.  The
failure of it to load is confirmed when trying to call MacsBug from within TurboPascal which results in a system error of unknown core routine.

Thanks in advance
Grant Sayer (grants%usage.csd.unsw.oz@munnari.oz)

stephen@uowcsa.cs.uow.oz (Stephen Nicholson) (01/23/89)

In article <242@usage.csd.unsw.oz>, grants@usage.csd.unsw.oz (Grant Sayer) writes:

> 	Could anyone offer suggestions as to why macsbug will not load on the
> following configuration:
> 	Mac II
> 	Turbo Pascal 1.1
> 	System 6.02
> 	Finder 6.1
> The MacsBug is located in the system folder.  At power up the message 'MacsBug loaded' fails to appear below the usual 'Welcome to Macintosh' greeting.  The
> failure of it to load is confirmed when trying to call MacsBug from within TurboPascal which results in a system error of unknown core routine.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Grant Sayer (grants%usage.csd.unsw.oz@munnari.oz)

I am not sure off hand, but here are some suggestions...

- are you using an up-to-date version of MacsBug? Older
versions will probably not work on a MacII. Do a get info
on yours and see what version it is. Mine is v6.0B1.

- Have you got the name right in the systems folder. Mine is
spelled 'MacsBug'. If it is incorrect, then it will not be picked
up at boot time. There are different MacsBugs for different machines,
and they are named differently. You have to rename them to MacsBug.

I hope one of these helps you.

					Stephen.

 Stephen Nicholson		ACSnet:	stephen@uowcsa
 Dept. of Computing Science	UUCP:	...!munnari!uowcsa.oz!stephen
 Uni. of Wollongong		ARPA:	stephen%uowcsa.oz@uunet.UU.NET

[Oh mighty OGBO save us from sobriety and teach us a sense of the ridiculous]