[aus.mac] AlisaTerm terminal emulators

ianh@merlin.bhpmrl.oz (Ian Hoyle) (03/30/89)

We are considering the Alisa range of products for Macintosh integration
using our VAX here at MRL.

We will be having both LocalTalk nets bridged to our Ethernet using Kinetics
KFPS4 and Webster Multigate bridges, and directly connected Macs (using
EtherTalk).

Does anyone know if AlisaTerm provides terminal emulation, or does it only
give the DECNET CTERM protocols so that other products can then use them?
If this is the case do you have any suggestions for a terminal emulator
(commercial or public domain) that would make use of the supplied CTERM
protocols??

					ian

--

                Ian Hoyle
     /\/\       Computer Systems Superintendent

ksand@appleoz.oz.au ( A/UX Support) (04/03/89)

In article <819@merlin.bhpmrl.oz> ianh@merlin.bhpmrl.oz (Ian Hoyle) writes:

>Does anyone know if AlisaTerm provides terminal emulation, or does it only
>give the DECNET CTERM protocols so that other products can then use them?
>If this is the case do you have any suggestions for a terminal emulator
>(commercial or public domain) that would make use of the supplied CTERM
>protocols??

The AlisaTerm package only gives the CTERM protocols. You need to buy the
terminal emulation packages separately, Reflection or Mac240. Contact
Ian Lee at Praxa for more information.

You get terminal emulation with Pacerlink, and rights to multiple copies
of the emulation program. The protocols supported by Pacerlink is PNT and
TCP/IP.

NCSA telnet is really a good telnet emulator program, and it's free!

Reg,
Kent

--
Kent Sandvik - Apple Australia               *NET: ksand@appleoz.oz.AU