[aus.mac] Unmapped characters in Symbol Font

ben@tasis.utas.oz (Ben Lian) (05/06/89)

There appears to be at least one character in the PS Symbol font that is not
mapped onto the keyboard.  I am referring specifically to the left-pointing
subset symbol.  The right-pointing version is there--Option-Space I think.
The character is there alright, the Symbol font palette in MacEqn says so.
So how in the blazes can I get at it?  (I am using MS Word 3.02.)

-- bl

Benjamin Y H Lian             ACSnet: ben@tasis.utas.oz
Dept. of EE & CS              ARPA  : ben%tasis.utas.oz.au@uunet.uu.net
University of Tasmania        BITnet: munnari!tasis.utas.oz!ben@
GPO Box 252C                          uunet.uu.net
Hobart, Tasmania 7001         UUCP  : {enea,hplabs,mcvax,uunet,ukc}!
A U S T R A L I A                     munnari!tasis.utas.oz!ben

Tel:  +61-02-202380           Fax:  +61-02-202713

"Fortunately the computer virus did no harm to our records.  It was
immediately devoured by all the bugs in our programming."

-- Cartoon, CW Australia

johnz@basser.oz (John Zic) (05/08/89)

In article <1029@tasis.utas.oz> ben@tasis.utas.oz (Ben Lian) writes:
> There appears to be at least one character in the PS Symbol font that is not
> mapped onto the keyboard.  I am referring specifically to the left-pointing
> subset symbol.  The right-pointing version is there--Option-Space I
> think. [stuff deleted]

Ben, while in Symbol font, you should use cmd-opt-Q to enter the code
for that symbol (it's 205). There are some others as well - like
"not-in-improper-subset" symbol...

Cheers,

--
John Zic			"He's dead, Jim ... but not as we know it!"

ACSnet:	johnz@basser.oz.AU (johnz%basser.oz.AU@UUNET.UU.NET)
UUCP:	{uunet,mcvax,ukc,nttlab}!munnari!basser.oz!johnz