[aus.mac] Postscript to Screen ??

chma@iceman.jcu.oz (Michael Antolovich) (12/06/89)

Hi Net,
       After getting no answers at all about a program that
will convert a downloadable postscript file to an image
suitable for previewing on the mac screen, I ask again, is
there one or am I being silly ?
                                     Thanks,
                                     Michael.
PS I'm not really sure that the first message
   actually got out into the Net, so I'm trying
   again.  If you want to flame me, please do
   it by e-mail, it's much less painful.

ksand@appleoz.oz.au (Kent Sandvik) (12/08/89)

chma@iceman.jcu.oz (Michael Antolovich) writes in article <464@iceman.jcu.oz>:
      Hi Net,
             After getting no answers at all about a program that
      will convert a downloadable postscript file to an image
      suitable for previewing on the mac screen, I ask again, is
      there one or am I being silly ?

LaserTalk from Emerald City Software (US 415 324 8080), list price $249,
is a Postscript language debugger/editor and on-screen previewer.
It also contains an on-line help database for the Postscript language.

I don't know who sells this package in Australia, so please call US
and ask for the distributor if one exists.

Many of the high end graphical packages as well could read in Encapsulated
Postscript code.

/Kent

--
Kent Sandvik  --  ksand@appleoz.oz.AU  | Apple Australia DTS  Ph: +61 2 452 82 93
{uunet,mcvax}!munnari!appleoz.oz!ksand | AppleLink: AUSTAUX, Discl: All comments mine

peters@sahiways.gov.au (12/20/89)

>              After getting no answers at all about a program that
>       will convert a downloadable postscript file to an image
>       suitable for previewing on the mac screen, I ask again, is
>       there one or am I being silly ?
>

> LaserTalk from Emerald City Software (US 415 324 8080), list price $249,
> is a Postscript language debugger/editor and on-screen previewer.
> It also contains an on-line help database for the Postscript language.

Good choice, but LaserTalk requires you have a LaserWriter of some denomination
hooked up and available; it actually polls the LW for a core dump of the image!

Geoff