[aus.mac] Colour output from Mac laptop?

ml27192@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (lanett mark) (02/26/91)

Dan.Shearer@levels.sait.edu.au writes:

>Is there any way of getting an Apple Mac portable to produce colour output
>on an external monitor?

The Mac Luggable is a 68000-based machine and lacks Color QuickDraw. You can
still use the old 8-color model and an ImageWriter II.

>If not, what about the non-Apple Mac portable?

>Thanks a lot,

>--

> Dan Shearer                              email: Dan.Shearer@lux.sait.edu.au
> Computer Centre                          Phone: +61 8 343 3479
> University of South Australia            Fax  : +61 8 349 4213

Mark Lanett
--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Lanett						ml27192@uxa.cs.uiuc.edu

norton@extro.ucc.su.oz.au (Norton Chia) (02/27/91)

ml27192@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (lanett mark) writes:

>Dan.Shearer@levels.sait.edu.au writes:

>>Is there any way of getting an Apple Mac portable to produce colour output
>>on an external monitor?

>The Mac Luggable is a 68000-based machine and lacks Color QuickDraw. You can
>still use the old 8-color model and an ImageWriter II.

>>If not, what about the non-Apple Mac portable?

>>Thanks a lot,

>>--

>> Dan Shearer                              email: Dan.Shearer@lux.sait.edu.au
>> Computer Centre                          Phone: +61 8 343 3479
>> University of South Australia            Fax  : +61 8 349 4213

>Mark Lanett
>--
>Mark Lanett						ml27192@uxa.cs.uiuc.edu
>Quote of the Day: "I switched from a Sun 2/3 to a Mac Plus to get some speed"

You could actually try SCSI-Graph? It looks like an external HD and allows
both the Portable and SE/Plus/Classic machines to have a (16?) colour monitor.
Please mail me for more details.

Norton
--
****  My employers ignore me, I'm on my own when I speak out in public :^( ****