[rec.autos.tech] how to wash off gasoline odor

kai@ihlpa.ATT.COM (55664-Irwin) (12/19/87)

In article <5072@elroy.Jpl.Nasa.Gov>, david@elroy.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (David Robinson) writes:
> In article <1001@microsoft.UUCP>, peterwu@microsoft.UUCP (Peter Wu ) writes:
> > Is there a way to wash off gasoline and engine oil odor from hands?
> > Soup doesn't work.
>
> I have found that chicken-noodle works best.  Stay away from cream
> varieties, they have no effect!
>
> 	David Robinson		elroy!david@csvax.caltech.edu     ARPA

Not so fast, I would think that New England Clam Chowder is considered a
cream variety, this takes the gas smell right off! However, then you have
to get that clam smell off! I would recommend rinsing your hands in whole
milk to get rid of that smell, and to get rid of the milk smell....

Ken A. Irwin
AT&T Bell Labs, Naperville
IHP 1A332
(312) 416-4485
...!ihlpa!kai

prince@CS.UCLA.EDU (12/22/87)

>> > Is there a way to wash off gasoline and engine oil odor from hands?
>> > Soup doesn't work.
>>
>> I have found that chicken-noodle works best.  Stay away from cream
>> varieties, they have no effect!
>>

>Not so fast, I would think that New England Clam Chowder is considered a
>cream variety, this takes the gas smell right off! However, then you have
>to get that clam smell off! I would recommend rinsing your hands in whole
>milk to get rid of that smell, and to get rid of the milk smell....

...SIMPLE!  Use gasoline!

hallett@hamlet.steinmetz (Jeff A. Hallett) (12/22/87)

In article <10019@shemp.UCLA.EDU> prince@CS.UCLA.EDU (Larry Prince) writes:

>>> I have found that chicken-noodle works best.  Stay away from cream
>>> varieties, they have no effect!
>>>

>>Not so fast, I would think that New England Clam Chowder is considered a
>>cream variety, this takes the gas smell right off! However, then you have
>>to get that clam smell off! I would recommend rinsing your hands in whole
>>milk to get rid of that smell, and to get rid of the milk smell....
>>
>...SIMPLE!  Use gasoline!

I can't wait to see the punchline so I can figure out WHY THE HECK THIS WAS
POSTED TO REC.HUMOR!!!!!

Actually to remove gasoline smell, you should use manure or lemon juice,
depending on how much of either you have around (I use lemon juice, myself).

ObJoke:

Q.  How does one break up a GEU's party?

A.  Flush the punch bowl.

(GEU = Generic Ethnic Unit)

Jeffrey A. Hallett               (ARPANET:  hallett@ge-crd.arpa
Software Technology Program       UUCP:     desdemona!hallett@steinmetz.uucp)
General Electric Corporate Research and Development
"The needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many"    -- Kirk  (STIII)

perry@gumby.cs.wisc.edu (Russell Perry) (12/23/87)

>...SIMPLE!  Use gasoline!

Burn!  Burn!!  BURN!!!

Russell Perry Jr      5970 Scott St   Omro WI 54963      perry@gumby.cs.wisc.edu