[rec.arts.tv] Shuttle on Mission: Impossible

phil@delta.eecs.nwu.edu (William LeFebvre) (11/11/89)

In article <101.UUL1.3#5131@mvac23.UUCP> thomas@mvac23.UUCP (Thomas Lapp) writes:
[[Original attribution lost....sorry]]
>> For those of you who would be intrested and who may not otherwise watch
>> `Mission:  Impossible' on Thursday nights, this coming Thursday's show
>> (9 Nov 1989) will have the MI team doing something related to the space
>> shuttle....
>
>Of course, by the time you read this, it will probably be over with, so
>I hope you enjoyed the program...

I didn't.  Neither did my wife (former JSC shuttle flight controller).
It was horrible.  It was awful.  It was unrealistic.  It was totally
contrary to fact or any reasonable extension of fact.  It was hokey.
It was clear that the producers did almost no research on the subject.
Our "hoke-o-meter" broke.  We turned it off after about 40 minutes and
decided that our time could be better spent thinking about what to
make for dinner.  I almost turned "Different World" on instead.  It
was THAT bad!

		William LeFebvre
		Northwestern University
		<phil@eecs.nwu.edu>