[comp.os.vms] VT-240 Emulation on a PC

KRICE@UKANVAX.BITNET (04/25/87)

In a recent posting, Charles Herman <HERMAN%NRL.DECNET@NRL.ARPA> writes:

>Where did you get a VT240 emulator which runs on a PC?  I have been looking
>for such software for quite a while.

Persoft, Inc. has a terminal emulation package called Smarterm which will
emulate a VT-240 (including ReGIS), Tektronix (unknown number, probably 4010),
and Data General terminal, including the text/graphics involved in each.  I
don't have a copy of this software, rather I am looking at a recent magazine
advertisement.  I have not seen it in action, but the rumor mill says it is a
fairly decent emulation, running off IBM CGA and Hercules graphics boards
(along with anything that will emulate THESE, I suppose).  The address of
Persoft is below.

Disclaimer:  I am in no way connected with ANY of the above companies, except
that I use/have used some of the products mentioned.  Of course, any of the
words above may be copyrighted or trademarked: please, no lawsuits.

Persoft, Inc., 465 Science Drive, Madison, WI USA 53711, (608) 273-6000

                                  Kevin Rice
                             University of Kansas
                            Lawrence, Kansas 66045

BITNET: KRICE@UKANVAX
MaBell: (913) 864-2919
Ocean:  Drop it in and we'll see if it gets here.
"Whenever you think about it, you are thinking about thinking about it, ad
infinitum. Why?" --Dr. Hans Sovaning