[comp.os.vms] Garbage mail

NED@YMIR.BITNET.UUCP (04/27/87)

You are not the only one receiving multiple copies of info-vax messages and
messages that are just headers; I get them too.

                                Ned Freed

P04810JM@WUVMC.BITNET.UUCP (04/27/87)

I too have received garbage & duplicates.  Most of the duplicates look
like they have been routined thru the many ways of UUCP.

C90562JM@WUVMD.BITNET            J. Philip Miller    (314) 362-3617
                                 Divison of Biostatistics - Box 8067
   Room 1108B                    Washington University School of Medicine
   706 S. Euclid                 St. Louis, Missouri 63110
Acknowledge-To: <P04810JM@WUVMC>

EALYON@SUNSET.BITNET (04/28/87)

Alan Sutter <ALAN@FANDM> writes:

> I've been getting alot of garbage mail from info-vax recently.  By garbage
> mail I mean lots and lots of mail that is nothing but a page or two of
> header and no body.  I am also getting up to 6 copies of some postings
> onto info-vax, some of which were delivered up to a week apart.  Am I the
> only one getting this stuff?

You are not the only one.  I've been trying to figure out the most appropriate
recipient for complaints.  I've also been wondering if the multiple copies are
a result of multiple paths (gateways) between ARPAnet and BITnet.