[comp.os.vms] PC VT240 EMULATORS

dorosz@ESDVAX.ARPA ("DAVE DOROSZ") (04/30/87)

Charles Herman wrote:

> Where did you get a VT240 emulator which runs on a PC?  I have been looking
> for such software for quite a while.

We use CALL writtten by MicroSystems Co., 16987 Frank ave.,Los Gatos Ca. 95030
its licensed to the U.S. military and it is fasr becoming the standard PC
VT240 emulator for the Air Force. It seems to work well and the documentation
is fairly detailed.  It emulates both DEC vt2xx and TEKTRONIX 4010, 4014
terminals.  It does 132 column displays, double wide, double high characters,
boldface etc.  At least that's what the manual says, I've not tried any of
these features on the Zenith 248 machines we use at Hanscom.

Dave Dorosz
Hanscom AFB
DOROSZ@ESDVAX.ARPA

------